Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SEASONS!

Do we know if there will be seasons in the base game?
In this day and age, i really think seasons should just be a built in thing.... We experience seasons every day, our Sims should too!!
Thoughts?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think because Seasons/Weather system is complex to do, it requires a lot of time to program it properly.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2013
    Now why would EA give up an opportunity to cash in on a Seasons EP!
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Agreed with above post
  • 4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2013
    From what I've heard, I'm 98% sure that there won't be seasons in the base game because:

a) the weather system is demanding on your computer and that would mean less people can play the game
    b) they want to make as much money as possible, regardless of how the players react

It is and always will be the one thing that annoys me the most about the whole franchise. I can deal with the bugs & glitches, but playing without proper seasons is awful.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited October 2013
    It has already been confirmed that seasons will not be in the base game.

http://simsvip.com/2013/09/02/sims-camp-day-3-sims-4-gamescom/

♦ Sims can be left or right handed!

♦ Gardening has been confirmed for the base game

♦ Skills Confirmed: Woodworking, Athletic, Painting, Instrument(s), Logic, Cooking

♦ There is a brand new cupcake machine

Weather & Pets are not making a debut in the Base Game.

♦ Children are confirmed to be affected by emotions
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2013
    In this day and age, i really think seasons should just be a built in thing.... We experience seasons every day, our Sims should too!!
    Thoughts?
    You would think by now seasons would be a no brainer for a base game but as others have stated it's been confirmed that it will not be included.

Just typing this is annoying me because us season lovers had to wait for what seems to be forever for something we feel is basic in ts3 some i'm sure the same will be for ts4 but of course if everything was offered up front then EA wouldn't be able to cash in on it the way they want to.
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thoughts?
    You would think by now seasons would be a no brainer for a base game but as others have stated it's been confirmed that it will not be included.

Just typing this is annoying me because us season lovers had to wait for what seems to be forever for something we feel is basic in ts3 some i'm sure the same will be for ts4 but of course if everything was offered up front then EA wouldn't be able to cash in on it the way they want to.

I could cope with Seasons being an EP, but it would be really nice to have some weather other than bright sunshine in the base game (say rain and wind). This way hopefully weather would feel more integrated into the game than it has done with the sims3 EP.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thoughts?

RTS-type engines, which Sims series uses, are not actually made to really be compatible with complex weather. Despite the fact they tend to do it better than RPG engines, which are made to handle it (yes, this is confusing; it actually makes logical sense, but the explanation is rather long...).

As such, it's actually more resource-intensive for RTS engines to do weather, but, well... You've seen the results of that resource-intensiveness. So, no, it won't be base game, but when it comes back, you'll be glad for them taking the time to improve it yet again./