Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear TS4 Team, Think TS1 Style Vacations.

:lol:

Yesterday I decided I would play TS1 while I waited on time to pass for an appointment I had to keep.

Relieves the old nervous thing. :P

I decided as of yesterday I do like TS1 'style' of how they handled vacations in that game the best.

The difference was the following.

In TS1 you just call on the phone, everyone in household gets into the cab, the lots load where you can stay you pick the place to stay. Done.

When you enter the lot you have picked you click on a rental booth to rent either you cabin, (which will give you access to all beds etc. on the lot) or your tent or the hotel desk etc. ETA: Or don't pick a place to lodge just use the lot features.. :lol:

You stay as long as you like..having to repay the next moring etc. or not check out at all. You can map hop to other spots and not even bother to check out..just leave, no worries..

Where as in TS2, you had to call a nanny, even for the dog, state how many days you would be gone and then getted bumped back to the neighborhood when you were done with your three day tour etc..

Where as in TS1 you can 'save' and quit right from the vacation lot..'easy'. No having to go through the whole load screen again etc. to get back home..

In TS2 you had to start your game from the saved vacation lot where your Sims were left...not really necessary but a bad 'idea' if you left them there and went to play another house for awhile.

I don't have WA so I don't know how troublesome or great a vacation might be in that EP or even in IP..don't have that one either.

But I hope TS4's vacations will be a simple concept that allows a player to just play in those lots, as long as they like,...no hassle to end the vacations, or have to 'wait' for vacation day..or have to call a sitter or whatever..just get in the cab and leave..YAY!

Stay or hop from lot to lot as long as you enjoy...until you are entirely bored of being on vacation. Thanks TS1 team..that was a fun side adventure I hadn't played in many years...and yeah, decided it worked better with it's simplicity instead of all the realism of having to book a vacation, wait, set a time for departure, set a time for return etc.

I just like the 'freedom' it contained.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    It makes more sense to book a duration of a holiday . I never called the maid in TS2 for my pets they just stayed behind .
    No idea why having to go back to where you saved your family on vacation in TS2 is a problem .
    i liked it as if i had more than one family on vacation in the neighbourhood they occasionally met each other on the community vacation lots
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    It makes more sense to book a duration of a holiday . I never called the maid in TS2 for my pets they just stayed behind .
    No idea why having to go back to where you saved your family on vacation in TS2 is a problem .
    i liked it as if i had more than one family on vacation in the neighbourhood they occasionally met each other on the community vacation lots

I liked the freedom 'not to have to jump hoops to just leave my Sim house which I saw as much freedom as calling a cab to go downtown etc.'

No worries, it's just how 'I' like to play..'freedom'..

ETA: don't know if you had a mod but a nanny was required if you left pets at home, unless this is something got changed in the DD verson of TS2 etc. or one of those combined packs...but was very necessary in Bon Voyage.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited October 2013
    Although I liked the TS1 style, I did prefer TS2. I loved how you could send "the entire neighbourhood" on vacation to the different destinations and have them interact with each other. I loathed WA! It was less vacation and more "...do a bunch of boring stuff to unlock a bunch of stuff". It was more or less impossible to do thing, cause my sims would always be hungry, tired or depressed during the tomb thingy. It was super annoying. And very difficult to increase visa thingy so that the sims could stay away longer. I hated that ep. The less sandbox feel to an EP, the more boring it becomes.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited October 2013
    I never played T1 vacation, but what I liked from T2 was the ability to invite a non-household member to come for a vacation with you.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2013
    I loved TS1 Vacations, it was the best vacation expansion imo. :)
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • simsfan95173simsfan95173 Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited October 2013
    ... what I liked from T2 was the ability to invite a non-household member to come for a vacation with you.
    I liked that too. I also liked how you can take pets with you in TS1. And how the community lots already have pet items in place for them. I think TS1 was the only time we were able to take pets on vacations. :shock:

As for WA, I do like how the destinations are real-world based (always wanted to go to France! now I can pretend to :-)). I enjoyed the tombs because I like puzzles, but I do think that there should be other factors to traveling besides just the leisure factor. Make the trip more interesting. :wink: All the factors of traveling just have to be available at the same time and not split between EPs. If possible.

I hope someday we won't be limited to vacationing in just the predestined destinations/subhoods. I want to be able to travel to any base-hood I have installed. :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for cruises too! 8)
    (technically we can do that with IP, but its not the same as an actual huge ship!)
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited October 2013
    WA is my least favorite ep for sims 3 I hated the rpg type thing, with all the visa stuff. I later, in the odd times I actually sent the occasional sim on vacation, just completely ignored the visa stuff. I had sims 1 but came into it late, so never really played the vacations. I loved the sims 2 vacations much better than WA. The locations were good in sims 3 but the visa thing and all the tomb stuff just ruined it.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2013
    WA is my favourite EP (with Supernatural). I love the tombs, never get tired of them, it's a great intermezzo I think from playing the sandbox thing at home. I wouldn't like it to send my Sims on holiday just for them to listen to their brains baking in the sun.

Hungry?
    Buy some dried food.
    Tired?
    Buy them a tent and a sleeping bag.
    Depressed? Let them take their laptop with them.
    Lonely?
    Let them make a phone call to their beloved ones.

If you don't know how to play the game don't play it :P
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    I started with ts2, so I can't comment on ts1 vacation but if we're gonna get a vacation ep I want it done properly. I hated WA, if I want to raid tombs and watch suffering at the hand of deadly traps guess what? - I play tomb raider. I hated that my sims got set on fire and hurt by invisible traps. No skill or logic involved just luck. When my sims go on holiday I want:

-honeymoons
    -beach getaway
    -city break (maybe London I am biased though)

Those I really, really want and these I'd like:

-cultural visit e.g. rome type of location full of galleries and museums
    -cruise ship (I know this would be really difficult but maybe a small one, 2 or 3x the size of a houseboat in IP)