Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it time to hand over The Sims franchise?

2...Next

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    I like the Sims just the way they are, in fact, I do not want my sims to look like the ones you posted.
    I do not even have people in my real world that look like that.
    I like to play with normal sims, even sometimes I like a sim that does not look so good and give him a wife and let the generation go. They seem to have really neat ways about them.
    I am very happy with EA and the Sims and to be truthful, I like the way Sims 4 is developing.
    Anyway everything said on this forum is opinion, we know very little fact and the facts that I have seen I like. The rest is everyone's opinion, complaining and murmuring over nothing.
    People talk about wanting Sims more mature, well the way most people talk, It would be welcoming if they were more mature, unless they are kids and teens, Oh forgive me I have seen more teens act mature then adults out here. Sorry if I offended anyone, but some work that I did resulted in being able to hear attitudes, and that is what happens out here. murmuring attitudes.
    Sorry but it is so hard coming on this forum, Although I come here to try and find someone who has something good to say about Sims 4.
    There will be time enough to complain about Sims 4, when it does come out. Listening to this until next year is depressing. It would be bad enough if you played the game and then said what you think, but you choose to express your opinion about something you have never played or even saw working. I do not hear those who went to the opening complaining, as a matter of fact, I hear great things from them. They went thinking it would not be good and came back with welcoming report of how they liked it. Builders and all.

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    No other company makes a 'Sims' game in the way we know a Sims' game because EA starts up the law suits..think Zygna..and they inturn sued EA..and SS was taken down..

What EA does is obtain other game companies and start implementing what they had to offer in their own games into the Sims series..think PopCap Plants vs Zombies..viola pea shooter/zombie in TS3..

Again think PopCap known for successful online games..aka..Sim Social is conceived after obtaining PopCap..

Other companines are purchased that are heavily into mobile...aka think TS4..cross platform game for mobile, too...after obtaining mobile developers. And taking surveys if we would like a bunch of 'mobile' featurs for TS4.

I'm not saying that's a bad business model..but seems everytime some other game is getting a lot of the pie, EA swallows them up and starts implementing everything those developers do..into The Sims..go figure.

Where as most fans (o.k. a lot of us) would prefer if EA stopped doing that and stayed 'true' to the premise of the game instead of changing and adding every feature from every game developer out there (which they eventually obtain)..to mesh into one big huge mutant Sim game.

Genres of rpg's, strategy, mmorph's, adventure, etc... have always had very good clones made. But Life-Sim games have not had any good clones close to be as good as the sims series. EA does not have a patent on the genre of "Life-simulation games". But i still don't know why other game companys do not create any excellent Life-Simulation games.

EA also created Sims Social, but was a poor version of The Sims online experience...rather than a new and improved version.

There have been a lot of attempts to clone the Sims series, actually. All of them were more serious, more realistic, etc.

All of them failed. Precisely because they were more serious, more realistic, etc.

The Life Simulation genre is one where silliness and lack of realism rules. If you check every single game in the genre, you'll notice that all of the successful ones have a lot of silliness and a lack of realism. Sims 3 is actually the most realistic successful life simulation game on the market.

So, basically, if you want realism... don't play life simulators.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    Tanya,

It's not me asking for realism only a better look for TS4. :lol:

I would be quite happy if a Sim farted and caught the Sim next to them on fire... :twisted:

My idea of what I mean by mature is different than someone that really wants 'mature' themes. Not my idea of fun btw.

ie: Sims die of illness...Big Pink Elephant spots...
    Mature theme...Sim dies of a 'real illness'...there's a difference.. :lol:

I'm not the one opting for cancer, disability etc. in a Sims' game...just a little less coddling of kiddies that play the game. It's a Sim is what I think to myself..let the torture begin.. :twisted:

No, seriously, I often make some Sims' lives pretty good for them...I mean I can't torture the kids in the game..that just feels 'wrong'..but I have no problem with a Sim that has detailed hair, eyes, skin catching on fire. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes, all opinions so why do some get so upset over them? Because they differ from their own? Because quite frankly the MAJORITY it seems are the ones who love TS4 and I do not have any issue with that or saying only positive things. But as soon as someone voices their stance that is not positive then all hell breaks loose.

It's complaining, it's whining, it's immature, it's entitlement, it's spoiled brats, it's this and it's that. But I'm not coming across many that are bashing the ones who love TS4. Good for you and others that love TS4 but I don't and I don't need to have to play the game and waste money. How am I supposed to like a game that I cannot even stand to look at? Or a game that is clearly too juvenile for my preference? Clearly that was one of things I mentioned I did not want...the squash and stretch from TS2. Oh no but they did it anyway. Oh well. C'est la vie.

People can say all day they hate TS3 and TS3 is the worst and I don't care because I like TS3. Not as great as it could have been but it's an okay game that "I" enjoy. I know what I want out of a life simulation and I know what I do not.

Now while not much have been revealed, "enough" has been revealed for me to make up my mind about how I feel about TS4 and why. This is NOT for you or others but for the developers, if they so care, to read. I've been with this series since the very beginning, however back then I was much younger so I've grown with this series and now so has my expectations of what I would like to see in the future.

This forum is for feedback. Positive and Negative. So why the hell is some keep trying to police it by trying to only allow the positive and praises? Did the SimGuru's not say they want to hear "both" positive and negative feedback? How else did TS series get this far if it were not for negative feedback...such as some complaining about how motives should be less of a demand? Or more content for kids? And how some suggested strollers over and over again until they created two in GEN.

I do not have an issue with all the positive and praises repeating constantly. In fact I rarely even go into positive topics because I do not feel the same way, I tend to post in topics that are of my mindset. Why some keep posting and combating with others in negative topics is silly and pointless. It accomplishes nothing. Positive people say what they say and negative people say what they say. Basically all it boils down to is my positive opinion is the right opinion and your negative opinion does not matter and is completely worthless. But again if that is the case then how did TS get this far?

Of course they do not listen to every thing nor take it into consideration but it is still worth it to speak up because if I do not, no one will in my place because they are not me, only I am me. Every single person has their own preferences.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Tanya,

It's not me asking for realism only a better look for TS4. :lol:

I would be quite happy if a Sim farted and caught the Sim next to them on fire... :twisted:

My idea of what I mean by mature is different than someone that really wants 'mature' themes. Not my idea of fun btw.

ie: Sims die of illness...Big Pink Elephant spots...
    Mature theme...Sim dies of a 'real illness'...there's a difference.. :lol:

I'm not the one opting for cancer, disability etc. in a Sims' game...just a little less coddling of kiddies that play the game. It's a Sim is what I think to myself..let the torture begin.. :twisted:

No, seriously, I often make some Sims' lives pretty good for them...I mean I can't torture the kids in the game..that just feels 'wrong'..but I have no problem with a Sim that has detailed hair, eyes, skin catching on fire. :P

I know ^^ Your ideas are ones I have no problem with.

I was answering why the life simulation genre is so empty for the person who replied to you ^^
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think a little competition would be good for sims fans and I'd love to see what Bethesda or Rockstar could do with the basic quirky life sim idea.
  • StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited October 2013
    YES.

Sims 3 is FULL of glitches, and they don't bother to release stuff that the players love like REAL FUNCTIONAL restaurants, unless it's watered down and released in the store.

It's going to be the same team, doing the same mediocre stuff. It's another reason out of many that I'm just not excited at all for Sims 4 anymore. It's the same team getting lazier instead of better.

Expansions content won't connect to each other, major features will be really watered down again, etc... because it's the same people.

I really wish another company would come in and make a game like the sims, only 100% better. I know many people would jump over in a heartbeat if given more options.