Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way to drive a wedge in The Sims community

13...Next

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone ever think that 20 years from now, they will be on Sims 9 and advertising Sims 10 . Everyone will be going through everything we are right now, but then another 20 years later it is the same thing.

It is an endless cycle.

I had a good laugh at this one.
    20 yrs from now, our great grandchildren will be doing what we are doing right now.
    Me, I'm not sure if I will be around to see Sims 9 or 10, so I will just enjoy the ones I do have or can get.
    I love the Sims 3, but I also am looking forward to the next cycle, Sims 4 and having fun with it too. Will I still play with Sims 3, perhaps, Will I move on to Sims 4, I do hope so. like you say, it is a endless cycle. So far I can say that I have loved each cycle so far, The first sims I loved and moved on to sims 2, just loved the things that came with Sims 2, but moved on to sims 3 and am now loving Sims 3 also. So now it is time to move on to the next cycle Sims 4.
    Kind of reminds me of life, if you older you talk about the old times and how better they were, but were they?
    Life keep changing and we all no matter how old we are, keep changing with it. So once again, the cycle begins again. Is it time for you to change? well that is for you to decide. Regardless if you change or not the change will still come. Me, I don't want to miss any change in the Sims cycle as I have enjoyed each change that came. Each different and fun. I can't wait for all the ooohs and aaahs that will come with the new Sims 4, change, after all is settled and done.
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    I don't think that it's stupid that they have announced the game already. What I do think is stupid is that they don't have more to show us yet, and that they've mentioned things that would obviously upset the fanbase already. You can preorder it already, but what is it like? What will the neighborhoods look like? What as all of this emotion business really about? What's going to make it so much better than previous games that we should fork over for it? They've jumped the gun a little, if you ask me. But I don't think it will hurt their wallets overmuch.

I don't really see any of the EPs as outdated. I'm really not sure what you mean by that, OP. The only expansion I don't use often anymore is World Adventures. I don't see any of them as dated in any way. I would actually play TS2 if I felt like dealing with the issue of making it work on my computer. That wouldn't be hard, I just don't feel like dealing with it when I already have TS3 installed. But from what I've seen of it, it's really great and I know I would love it.

As far as driving a wedge in the community, I don't really see that as something that's happened. Sure, there's plenty of passionate debate, and I know that some of the forum users are uncomfortable with that since The Sims 3 forum is usually so bubbly and nice, but I don't think any of the community has been destroyed over it. As my grandfather used to say, "It will all come out in the wash." :mrgreen:

But really though, with any game out there you're going to see some people continue to play the sequels and others who were happy just leaving well enough alone. Considering past sales, EA has nothing to worry about in the selling department no matter how much some of us rage over it. Did you guys know that The Sims series (each of the base games) are all on the top 10 of Wikipedia's list of best-selling PC games? The Sims 2 comes in at #2, The Sims at #3, and The Sims 3 comes in at #9. Sure, you can say that The Sims 3 fell quite a bit compared to the first two, but it's still in the top 10 for sales. That's kind of a big deal. Game fans vote with their wallets, and I don't see why EA would be sweating over a few unsatisfied customers here in the forums. That said, please understand that I am not saying I will be happy about it if they mess up the game. Not at all. This isn't an excuse, but simply facts.

The list of best-selling PC games is here if anyone is interested, btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    Do not know quite how Sims 2 is full of bugs and unplayable . I still play it regularly and only last year completely reinstalled it all on my computer when i had to replace the hard drive . Luckily though you can still get every patch for it from SimsVip .

As for sims 4 i doubt whether i will even get the base game but will come on here to find out more about it (before making a final decision ), after ITF has been released when hopefully EA will finally start giving us some news

Probably be the end for me as my computer is now getting a bit long in the tooth and i dont want to spend any money on it upgrading from XP to Windows 8 or whatever replaces it .
  • PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've pre-ordered and even though the lack of CASt is a little disappointing the other things I’ve seen (wall height, lighting fixes, the overhaul of the CAS) have wetted my appetite. :D
    That doesn’t mean I’ll stop playing the Sims 3 instantly, I put another 18 months into the sims 2 after 3’s release. :P
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited October 2013
    neon_wild wrote:
    It doesn't matter when they announce it, you would probably get the exact same reaction as you're seeing here now.

So true!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg