Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will sims 4 be more mature / adult?

2...Next

Comments

• snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    No it will not be more adult.

This explains the 'tone' of the game right here..

They removed 'random meteor deaths' because it wasn't 'fair'....

What does that say loudly? geared toward ten year olds is what it sounds like..those that might 'cry' themselves to sleep if a Sim died of random death...

A expect to see more kiddie coddling in TS4 even more so than in TS3...

Another example..you will get plenty of warnings in game if your Sim is about to 'expire'.... :roll:

I like having control over ALL of my Sims', thank you very much.
    And I think it was nice of them to mention that our Sims' are about to die, it'll give us plenty of time for the people who actually don't want that Sim(s) to die.

Sure; they took out a bit of challenge, but, I'm perfectly fine with these changes. When I play The Sims, I take the role of 'God'. I wish to control each and every inch of my Sims' life.

The Sims could very well be more mature then previous instalments, you can't judge its tone from just a bit of information that could even change in the future. You haven't seen the full product as of yet, nobody has seen the full product.

So you never know. Nobody does. It could be pushing the ESRB rating to the limit, or it could be borderline 'Everyone'. We won't find out till we actually play the game.

Fordee, you're right that we really don't know but I'm afraid I disagree with you on the deaths. One of my favorite things in Sims 2 (and even in Sims 3 until the later patches ruined it) was the possibility of surprises, including surprise deaths. If I really objected, I could always exit the game without saving. Unfortunately, I do think Cinebar has a point. With the removal of accidental deaths and the emotions that are apparently going to be spelled out for us (on a sliding scale no less) it does sounds like TS4 is going to be pushed towards the younger set. I just hope that EA is telling the truth about the Sims having real relationships and personalities this time around.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited October 2013
    Um can I just point out that mature doesn't have to mean X rated.

I think the OP made that fairly clear (!)

I don't think there's such a thing as X-rated games. In America its only E, E10, T, M and A. Are you not getting confused with movies? They are too different systems. But one thing is we can't talk about anything over a Teen rating because of said rules already mention.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited July 2023
    deleted
    Post edited by AmazingSims79879 on
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    plantina21 wrote:
    k here is the final post .

one I have only been on this site for what the says on my name , ive never really used it because I only made the account to register my games and that was it. but as I got more involved with the game I because more curious to what this site had to offer me. it took me awhile to figure out that I could download stuff from the exchange .
    I literally spend more time playing the game than I do on this site.

ive posted questions ,comments and made few threads and I literally haven't read all the rules. I asked a simple question in the sims4 forum I didn't know it was against site rules to ask such a question or that I couldn't post my age. but see this here is called a mistake people make them all the time . so from now on I will not post any questions , or comments or posts , I will go back to the way I was doing in before ,browse the exchange and the store. above all keep my comments and questions myself because no one cares. but one thing is certain will NEVER EVER POST ON THIS SITE AGAIN.

*smh*

Has it occurred to you that I'm responding to your reactions?

Here is my opening post:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718066.page#11412114

Your reaction:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718066.page#11412178

Okay, that's nice... but what people do on other sites is irrelevant to the rules of this one. I was trying to nicely hint to you to take a good look at the rules (which are easy to find) and give them a read. Instead... you went off on a spiel about how people are going to talk about it anyway and about your supposed rights.

Then you continued your path towards overreaction here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718066.page#11412225

Yeah, because reality is so mature. One look at the platypus or the child-like temper tantrums of a lot of adults would put a kibosh on that idea. Plus, as someone else stated, a game isn't reality.

And then you go on to break the rules rather overtly in this post:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718066.page#11412297

Considering age and maturity are independent of each other and there's a lot of T-rated games that have audiences which are mostly or entirely adults... Not really seeing your point or why an age poll would be necessary.

And this is where someone nicely reminded you of the rules, this time with a link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/718066.page#11412319

And this is where you tried an excuse that is not acceptable and then tried to tell someone to go away:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/718066.page#11412319

And that's when I got tired of watching you act like a friggin' teenager and finally took you to task for it... and now you're throwing a temper tantrum and trying to act like you were victimized when all we did was act like an adult.

So if holding you to the standards of how an adult actually acts when you claim to be one is enough to make you leave... then you didn't belong here in the first place.

Now, if you can stop throwing a temper tantrum and act the maturity level of the thirty years you claim... then you'll find you get a much more pleasant reaction, and that soft reminders of the rules will keep you away from having any trouble.

As for me: Everything I had to say was stated by others. I saw no need to jump on any bandwagon related to a topic, especially given how often this one has been argued before. The conversation was actually going pretty well until you started acting like a child.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013

Oh, I know. But at the same time, the way they worded their topic was so ambiguous that the only thing I could get out of was that they wanted a game either M-rated or which tried to edge closer to that rating by treating topics more seriously instead of cartoonishly.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2013

Hi :D

Of course. That's why I answered them. :)
    Rflong7 wrote:
    plantina21 wrote:
    lord all I asked was the game gonna be more mature ,like ......reality.

Hi :D

No. It won't be like reality.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited October 2013
    i know this is not about sims 4 but ...

i need 8 beautiful sims , they will have to have :

.cc
    .good detail
    .no glitches
    . always put (minimoviemaker's competition entry)
    .they have to be female
    .and NO sims named avatar

So if you know it's not about TS4, then why post this? :roll:
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2013
    Have you seen the cartoony pictures they have released? :lol: :P
  • AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    Can I just point out that for a large number of simmers the game is about living out a life different to your own reality, and this is often a dream reality. When you're a teenager you dream about life as an adult; we all try to grow up too fast (hence the many arguments we have with our parents in these joyous years). Therefore, the younger players probably do want a good deal of mature reality to have a sort of independence. I felt like this playing the game when in this age bracket. It may be therefore, older players that want less realism and then the teen rating really shouldn't factor in the talks about how mature the game is right?
  • lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    edited October 2013
    Really you could make it more adult since no matter what the rating teens are going to play it, same for grand theft auto, i'm 14 and i play both the sims and grand theft auto lol
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    You must be Rob? :lol:
    I would bet you more adult women play than anyone. Teens are playing GTA5 with it's M rating. :wink:

I agree with that. All the teens I know love that game, and play mainly console games..don't even play PC games anymore. Only ones I know that are preteen or younger are playing 'casual' PC games and not even wanting those machines anymore but 'iPads'...and that is the market EA wants to grab.

They better lower the price then, those kids are used to Angry Bird prices.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think what rating they choose will determine the fate of the game. If they target 13-17, I don't think parents are going to buy the game for their kids. If they target the older players they will make so much more. If teens want it, teens will get it. If you tell teens they can't have it, they will want it even more! :lol: I'm not playing a T rated Sims game again. The vampires are just too disappointing.

• EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited October 2013
    EA Need to focussing on putting what the main responsive market wants. There's no point in thinking you know what 13-17 year olds want if you haven't been able to do a poll because only 1,000 people reply. With a huge game like The Sims, those results need to be much, much higher.

Sadly, the older demographics in all of gaming will always be lower than the younger. It's just how it goes - gaming is generally conceived as a young thing. Yes, even The Sims is.
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    You must be Rob? :lol:
    I would bet you more adult women play than anyone. Teens are playing GTA5 with it's M rating. :wink:

I agree with that. All the teens I know love that game, and play mainly console games..don't even play PC games anymore. Only ones I know that are preteen or younger are playing 'casual' PC games and not even wanting those machines anymore but 'iPads'...and that is the market EA wants to grab.

They better lower the price then, those kids are used to Angry Bird prices.

Haha, this exactly. I suddenly can't help but wonder in horror if any game makers are imagining a future where buyers will pay full PC/Console game price for little squibbly iPhone games. Best not to think about that. *shudders*

In all seriousness, I really hope they don't mellow down the series even more. I keep hearing things about TS2 that were so funny and great, if not a bit edgy, and I really wish TS3 would have had them. If audiences back then could handle it with the same ratings then they can handle it now. I really wish they wouldn't change the game when some small group of people gets upset, either. They're upsetting just as many people by taking things away. I can't figure that out to save my life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I do believe one of the Gurus stated they have their 'focus' groups and other surveys etc. to decide what to add into a game.

And pretty much stated they don't pay attention to what people say on these forums. Perhaps he didn't mean it like that but it was he said..in saying they take their ideas from focus groups.

Well then it all comes down to focus groups then doesn't it? If you get a bunch of ten year olds in a room...then the focus is on the ten year old games they like to play...and it will depend on if they are the 'barbie games' type or the Angry Birds' type...what happens to the next series.

TS1 was thought to be selling to young men..that is the demographic they hoped to gain...but found out..it was middle aged women playing their game..surprise, surprise...and not teens at all...

This trend in who is playing Sims continued in TS2 as these people grew older and started making CC for TS2 and lending their experiences to new comers of a younger generation who were just getting into TS2 and never played TS1. Or TSO...

Now they have a new way of figuring out the democraphics of who is playing and what ages..through your launcher and your Origin application..and other ways..

So, if the people who loved TS2 aren't playing TS3 as much, since they hate the bugs and the robotic Sim in TS3..or they didn't continue to 'buy' from the Store or the EPs after the boring basegame...that tells EA who is playing...and then add a few new focus groups..viola..

Not so much the older player..though many of us are since it is thirteen years later..we are a lot older.. :lol:

But a younger group, which will spend every dime on untangeable items for their games.. but EA needs to conquer the 'new' market..iPAD players..which the demographics are for a much younger group whether people understand that or not.

Yes, adults use the iPad, the Kindle, the smartphone..but the 'new' generation has a whole new way of looking at life....they 'have to be' connected all the time..everywhere they go..

where as an older person may say drats, I forgot my cell phone and keep driving where as a 'new' generation might turn around and go back to get it...it is just the way it is....

I'm not saying adults don't play TS3, we do..but I would bet money not as many as played TS2...due to the dumb downed interactions, deaths, poor AI, etc...and probably not as many conformed and moved on to TS3 after the experience of the base game...enough to know not to waste their money...

Oh they may mod TS3 for people..but they don't play it.. :P

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013
    It depends on the new emotions they give us, and the current animations. Will there be more "goofy" or child like animations than the opposite for young adult/adult sims? Currently the young adult/adult sims have a mixture, with very goofy animations more often.

:lol: Sadly, that's how I think they will really be. :shock:
  • GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    TS4 vampires: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAptVR9Gluk

:lol: Sadly, that's how I think they will really be. :shock:

Haha, agreed. I was imagining something similar myself considering the vampires in TS3 and all. :mrgreen: