Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Showcase* Made by Minke - Malwyn Manor p5

minkieBminkieB Posts: 78 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi everyone,

So, it took me a great while to finally collect enough courage to start a showcase thread.

I've been building for a year now and I must say I truly enjoy it. Before this I just build a simple house without any details and would be done with them in a couple of hours.

I always envied the people who created the most detailed houses and surrounding it with a gorgeous garden. After spending hours and hours of watching tutorials on youtube and reading courses on this forum I decided to really start building. I like to change styles and try something else to keep challenging myself.

I don't use any custom content (any more) but I do own the majority of the expansion packs and stuff packs. Besides that I am an avid shopper in the store.

I hope you enjoy my homes and if you have any feedback please post a comment. I'd really like to improve and getting better in creating houses.

Please do not re upload any of my houses as your own, thank you.

Minke

--

An overview of my houses and sims can be found below:

Mediterranean Palazzo
Asian Fusion
Summer Dream
Modern Cube
Modern Retro
Modern Chocolate
Primrose Cottage
Industrial Loft
Lighthouse
Forest Lodge
Home Sweet Home (Base game starter)
Peachy Beach
Tinker Belle
TinkerBelle Cottage
Malwyn Manor
1395019323.jpg
Post edited by minkieB on

Comments

• minkieBminkieB Posts: 78 Member
    edited October 2013
    The first house I created is a Mediterranean styled home. If you'd like to download it you can find it on the exchange.

This is the first time I tried to put an effort in my house, it's still a bit basic but it has more details then my shoe boxes I've build before this one.

328155_orig.png

4289048_orig.png

424101_orig.png

1481899_orig.png

5115753_orig.png

9719006_orig.png

2150494_orig.png

5899350_orig.png

2101515_orig.png

2731912_orig.png

2915174_orig.png

9901162_orig.png

7440272_orig.png

3403409_orig.png

4682631_orig.png

8726039_orig.png

5815993_orig.png

4214585_orig.png

6345174_orig.png

6714608_orig.png

5416398_orig.png

629886_orig.png

3075211_orig.png

8039353_orig.png
    1395019323.jpg
    edited October 2013
    My second attempt is Asian inspired, I remember I just bought those asian sets from the store and I wanted to see how they looked in the game.

So I thought why not build an Asian house, you can find it on the exchange.

A couple of pictures to give an idea.

813304_orig.png

8035391_orig.png

8862021_orig.png

5305251_orig.png

1563119_orig.png

4925907_orig.png

1960150_orig.png

611148_orig.png

4572706_orig.png

402852_orig.png

7215359_orig.png

6390113_orig.png

4132954_orig.png

3652358_orig.png
    1395019323.jpg
    edited January 2016
    A summer beach inspired house. This house was build right on the beach just before the expansion pack seasons came out. I wanted a beach house so my sims could walk right on the beach and dive in for a quick swim.

You can download it from the exchange.

A couple of pictures.

9640436_orig.png

3676234_orig.png

3553382_orig.png

4616279_orig.png

5012084_orig.png

6138491_orig.png

9385837_orig.png

1065570_orig.png

8774274_orig.png

8774274_orig.png

4585506_orig.png

9358037_orig.png

4997119_orig.png

3749446_orig.png
    1395019323.jpg
    edited October 2013
    I bought Sunlit Tides and removed all of the houses, and decided to rebuild it with white modern houses only. Three of the houses I build for this world are available on the exchange.
      Modern Cube.
      Modern Retro.
      Modern Chocolate.

A couple of pictures to give an idea.

Cube:
      3904383_orig.png

7866660_orig.png

2423802_orig.png

8734057_orig.png

Retro:
      7463990_orig.png

8527726_orig.png

2730160_orig.png

297298_orig.png

Chocolate:
      5839255_orig.png

8237679_orig.png

2279178_orig.png

9366336_orig.png
      Post edited by Unknown User on
      1395019323.jpg
    • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
      edited October 2013
      It is great that you have set up a showcase for your build. :) Each of your homes look great! :) Great varied themes and styles of the houses, all of them looking great in their exterior design and very nicely furnished. Nice shades of colours you have used. Great way you have used the Asian themed furnishings in your Asian Fusion home. Great Asian exterior design of it, and very nice way you have done the outdoors areas of this home and all your other houses too.
      Great homes, great photos you have posted of them here , and nice showcase thread to visit! I will look forward to seeing future builds that you create too! :)
      edited October 2013
      Thank you Rosemow for your nice comments! I really appreciate that.

I've got more houses already finished and uploaded in my studio but for now I didn't want to spam this thread with too much in one time.

Still to come;
        A cottage
        A light house
        An industrial loft
        A forest lodge

At the moment I am trying to build my first Victorian, but it's making me pull all of my hair out. But we'll see how it turns out. I may post some work in progress pictures in here later on to receive some feedback.

Thanks again and feel free to leave a comment!

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
    • Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
      edited October 2013
      You have some great looking lots. You're a pretty well rounded builder, particularly strong in interior decorating, landscaping and attention to details. Nice showcase too and welcome.
    • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
      edited October 2013
      All of your buildings look beautiful Minke :D
      Love Mediterraanse Villa especially, it has such a beautiful pond and elegant shaped bridge! Interiors are lovely too. Left you a rec!
      edited October 2013
      Hi,

Thank you both for the positive comments. I was pretty anxious to create a showcase thread but you're all so nice!

Still trying different styles to see what fits best for me, I still feel like a noob in building to be honest. I'll keep trying and improving over time.

Thanks again!

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
    • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
      edited October 2013
      Minkie! What a beautiful showcase! Your home are so pretty, and you have such a stylish eye for decor and colors. Very clean and tastefully, and contemporary. I am particularly crazy about that "Tiffany" blue you've used.

Rec'd all! So glad to see your showcase thread! Good for you!

(hugs) T
      edited October 2013
      Thanks Taryn!

You mentioned it to me some time ago but I was just to busy in real life to spend time playing and building in the sims. Now things have calmed down again so I thought why not create a thread as well and see what others think.

I really feel like a noob now, but you know... I really have no clue what Tiffany blue is lol. I had to google it! Glad you like it.

As soon as I hit the second page I will add the other houses that are already in my studio. I don't want to overload the pages with too much pictures (I already think it's a bit much lol).

*continues with the Victorian that's a real pain*

Minke

1395019323.jpg
      edited October 2013
      Your Victorian will turn out great even if it is causing you a few problems and struggles at the moment! The resulting house will be great! :)
    • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
      edited October 2013
      These are your first uploads? WOW! :D You have done a fantastic job! You look like an experienced builder to me. Love all your homes, specially the mediterrenean house and the moderns. Recommended all your builds. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations in the exchange. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    • SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
      edited October 2013
      Simply beautiful creations! And such tasteful interior decorations, really fitting the build! I'm about to mozey over to your studio and hit it with a reccing ball! ;)

Edit:
      Blijkbaar ook een taalgenootje :D Wat leuk!
      edited October 2013
      Hi girls!

Thank you so much, and here I was nervous about creating a thread and what people would think. Now I'm thinking why was I nervous?! No need!

@ Rose, thanks for the encouragement! I gave up for now, maybe I'll give it a go again tomorrow. Stuck on interior and again patterns and colors! Need to do some more googling to match it with the style/theme.

@ Yanti, thank you! And yes, these are my first uploads. Never uploaded before, thought it wasn't good enough so hence why I stepped in halfway. I must say I always admire your builds! I've got a fair few of them in my game they're gorgeous.

@ Sara, yes I'm Dutch so that's my second native language (I live in the northern part ;) ) But I'll be moving to New Zealand in a couple of weeks.

To brush up on my English I joined the English community ^^

Thanks for your rec's I appreciate it!

See you soon with more houses...

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
      edited January 2016
      Second page, more houses...

As always I do a lot of searching on google and looking at pictures. I do spend an average of 5 days on the exterior and another 3 to 4 on interior and garden. I start building, demolish and rebuild. Saving, coming back later, make changes or just start over again.

My first attempt in making a cottage. I must say I still really like this build and style, it's really cozy and country. For now I want to try out different things but a cottage country style I really like. But maybe there is something else I haven't discovered yet which will make me change my mind.

With no further delay I present you Primrose Cottage! You can download it on the exchange.

6912104_orig.png

6807659_orig.jpg

8793017_orig.jpg

9320486_orig.jpg

6650600_orig.jpg

3709841_orig.jpg

9242841_orig.jpg

6860306_orig.jpg
      1395019323.jpg
      edited October 2013
      Primrose cottage is lovely. :) Very nice exterior of the house and it is very lovely and pretty the way you have done the flowers! Nice greenery covered front and back porches. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outdoors in the back garden area of the house with such nice surroundings! Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks very cottagey and homely, a warm home to enjoy living in. Pretty floral pattern that you used in the lounge room and bedroom. It looks great the way you have furnished the kitchen. The stove suits the home, and the chillies hanging either side of the window looks great. Great living room to sit on the comfortable seats and read a book or watch tv. The green checked pattern you have used for the seats looks nice. Nice way you have done the dressing table area in the bedroom with various items on the dresset, the mirror , and the angled chair nearby for sims to sit on. The family photos on the wall is a nice touch.
      It is a nice home! :)
      edited October 2013
      Thank you Rose for your lovely comments as always! I do enjoy reading the posts and gives me pleasure to share my houses even though I'm still learning the craft of the detailing.

Btw, the floral pattern is base game. Did not come up with that one myself but I felt it really suited the house in a good way.

*off to the game again to continue building*

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
    • saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
      edited October 2013
      Ooh the cottage looks wonderful! It's garden is beautiful with lots and lots of flowers and fountain. Interiors has warm welcomed mood and I really love the library area. Left you a big rec :D
    • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
      edited October 2013
      Oh it is so pretty! :D Love your tudor build. The garden and the interiors are lovely. I see that you have used the perfect patterns for the cottagy theme. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
      edited October 2013
      Oh my, I'm so glad you decided to start a showcase topic here, your builds are all fantastic, you obviously got a great talent for building. 8) I've left you rec's for all the houses you've posted here, looking forward to seeing more of your houses! :thumbup:
      edited October 2013
      Thank you, thank you for the great feedback and comments! Love to read it all and see what you think about the houses.

There are a couple of houses still to come, three in total to be exact. And then I can move on to my work in project. Maybe I'll post another house on this page and then continue again on page 3. We'll see how things go.

I took quite a lot of time off from building so I kind of need to re learn and getting the hang of it a bit. Come to think of it, I should've started with something easier instead of a Victorian but oh well. It's a lot of fun!

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
    • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
      edited October 2013
      You've got some great builds. You've got talent. Left some rec's.
      edited October 2013
      Thank you very much! I'm getting very happy with all of the comments written down here. I truly appreciate it, such a nice community here at the sims. Great!

For now I'll continue building even though it's only on the weekends. Wish I had more time but something called 'work' is intervening. Too bad!

Hope to see you soon with a new house on the exchange, for now you have to do with 'my golden oldies'.

Take care!

Minke
      1395019323.jpg
      edited January 2016
      Time for a new house added to this showcase, the most popular one in my studio for some reason.

An industrial loft suited for one or two sims, build at the top two floors of this building. It is set up as an apartment building and when I play tested it my sim had neighbors indeed.

You can download it from the exchange.

A couple of pictures to give an impression.

4745123_orig.png

1312277_orig.jpg

2575858_orig.jpg

7076803_orig.jpg

2413913_orig.jpg

6155628_orig.jpg

924085_orig.jpg

2825631_orig.jpg

4364388_orig.jpg

6674739_orig.jpg

2971967_orig.jpg

6737256_orig.jpg