Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want to see in TS4 Legacy Challenge?

Pinstar here, the creator of the Legacy Challenge.

I'm posting to let people know I'm planning on getting and making a The Sims 4 version of The Legacy Challenge.

I can't say right now what it will be like as I have no more information on the game than the rest of the community. Barring any advanced info, I'm still going to try to have it ready shortly after release, once I've had a chance to test out the new game mechanics.

That being said, what would YOU, the simming community, like to see in a Legacy Challenge? What particular parts of my old challenges did you like best, and what parts shouldn't see a repeat in TS4 version?

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Comments

• Bubble16Bubble16 Posts: 274 New Member
    edited September 2013
    All right, so what I didn't really like was:
    -The fact that the legacy family had to be the active family the whole time. Sometimes you maywant to make a certain sim in another household do some job, have a child etc. I think that maybe the legacy family should just be the active family for the majority of the time.
    -No merging sims. Moving sims ingame may take a while, but merge is almost instantly.

What I'd liketo put in:
    Maybe there could be an additional challenge (like each babys name have to follow a letter of the alphabet, matriarchy etc.) where the household will have to reach a certain amount of simoleons by each generation.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    7 babies/toddlers and a depressed mom/dad :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,418 Member
    edited September 2013
    Being able to live on any size lot. :lol: I mean I loved the idea of staying on the largest lot to see what that generation could grow into, but I had a tendency to move to a smaller lot(40x30).
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love the legacy challenge :) And I hope many things will stay the same - there is always room for creating spin-offs, but the base legacy challenge I would like to see remain very similar. But my favourite spin-off is the randomacy, because it gives you a skeleton to fill in as you play and keeps the interest going.

It's hard to make suggestions with no info on kids/families yet apart from that they will be there, but I'll keep this thread bookmarked for when we know more :)

• SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Pinstar *waving*

Welcome back :lol: .

I haven't seen you for ages :lol: .

I like your legacy challenge especially the Sim of the month challenge. I still visit our old thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48437.page to see if you updated the challenge.

I would like to see this in TS4 (if I am getting TS4 :wink: ).
  • olive337337olive337337 Posts: 410 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love the challenge idea, but i don't like the points system. at all.

not sure how to fix it or what to change but i think it needs rethinking.
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love the Legacy Challenge as well, but do not like the complicated point system. I usually play the challenge but just set different goals (careers, life time wants, etc..) for each generation and family member. And through the generations the family will build a museum of memories, and slowly build/buy properties.

I'd rather see a "goals" check off system rather then a point system.

Susiechan wrote:
    Hi Pinstar *waving*

Welcome back :lol: .

I haven't seen you for ages :lol: .

I like your legacy challenge especially the Sim of the month challenge. I still visit our old thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48437.page to see if you updated the challenge.

I would like to see this in TS4 (if I am getting TS4 :wink: ).

I will probably continue the Sim of the Month challenge with the Sims 4, starting up a new 'story arc' for the various sims to follow, with the same basic premise of getting X sim who must accomplish Y goal while obeying Z restrictions in the least number of game days possible.

That will be probably come out pretty quickly.

Regarding the points system, I agree it is an imperfect system and I will certainly look into other ways of keeping 'score'. I may do a sort of achievement system. Things like "Reach 100k net worth" "Have a painting increase in value above 10,000"

They would probably be similar to TS3 wants...though specially written for the Legacy Challenge.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013

I will probably continue the Sim of the Month challenge with the Sims 4, starting up a new 'story arc' for the various sims to follow, with the same basic premise of getting X sim who must accomplish Y goal while obeying Z restrictions in the least number of game days possible.

That will be probably come out pretty quickly.

Regarding the points system, I agree it is an imperfect system and I will certainly look into other ways of keeping 'score'. I may do a sort of achievement system. Things like "Reach 100k net worth" "Have a painting increase in value above 10,000"

They would probably be similar to TS3 wants...though specially written for the Legacy Challenge.

Sounds wonderful!! Your legacy concept is so fun, its still the only way i play my game :) Thanks so much for creating and maintaining it!