Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Creators

I'm ALMOST done with a world that I have created. Currently I'm just finishing up some of the housing.

However I do have a "older" neighborhood that needs some homes of the same kind. I'm good at building houses but I need some that REALLY fit in over there.

If any of you would be willing to contribute to this neighborhood, I would be greatly appreciative. I need 4 homes still. I will give credit in the description when I share the world.

I would include a picture but unfortunately I can't. I CAN give you an example of what I'm needing though.

house-styles-09.jpg

or

Charleston-Trip-April-15-2010-112.jpg

or simple like this

georgian-sandwich-nh-jc-9090083.JPG

Something from the colonial ages would be perfect! let me know ASAP!

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sweetie3066,
    Just a suggestion the first picture looks a little like some of the houses in Moonlight Falls maybe you could add a few of them to your library and re-do them to fit into the world you are working on. There are some really great builders here but as a last resort this might be an option. I am not a good lot builder and find if I really need a lot in a pinch I can use what EA already has re-work it a bit to fit my world. Again just a suggestion
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    lots of studios for you to look through, all available for CAW creators to plunder...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698767.page
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :D

Would love to see a picture of your world. I'm always curious cause those are some nice houses you picked. :D

I wouldn't say to plunder... to use gently, yes. :mrgreen:
  • Sweetie3066Sweetie3066 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2013
    Just a suggestion the first picture looks a little like some of the houses in Moonlight Falls maybe you could add a few of them to your library and re-do them to fit into the world you are working on. There are some really great builders here but as a last resort this might be an option. I am not a good lot builder and find if I really need a lot in a pinch I can use what EA already has re-work it a bit to fit my world. Again just a suggestion

I havn't had the chance to buy Moonlight falls yet. Have to wait for that next paycheck :). I have also used a few base game homes. it had a couple.
    lots of studios for you to look through, all available for CAW creators to plunder...

Thanks! I'll definitely take a look!

Would love to see a picture of your world. I'm always curious cause those are some nice houses you picked.

I wouldn't say to plunder... to use gently, yes.

I will DEFINITELY get up a photo ASAP. I've been working on this world for about....2 months going on 3 at this point. The Neighborhood i'm working on is sorta sparse because it only has 2 houses on the block out of 6.
    edited September 2013
    1209400_10151970059834225_265957638_n.jpg

on the right is the hoi poi event center and the movie studio is beside it. To the left behind the trees is the "colonial" neighborhood i'm working on. one of the houses I started to build so it's not done.

1376364_10151970059769225_386143926_n.jpg

This one is facing towards the buildings behind the trees and towards the shoreline.

1379411_10151970059899225_1676952852_n.jpg

This one is looking the opposite way down the street.

I know the camara quality isn't great. I took it with my phone because I haven't quite grasped windows 8 yet.
    edited September 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698767.page

You know one of these days I will remember that there is the studios..... ok senior moment!!!! :lol:
    NewSig.jpg

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    It looks nice so far, Sweetie3066. :thumbup:

I don't have Win8 so I can't help there. :D
    edited September 2013

I know the camara quality isn't great. I took it with my phone because I haven't quite grasped windows 8 yet.

I love the canal between the double roads... looks good so far

Where are you having the trouble with win 8... I am no computer guru but maybe I can help. you already know about using the camera icon in game or the "C" key to take your in-game pics they are saved in the sims 3 screenshots folder let me know if I can help
    NewSig.jpg

edited September 2013

When I use the "c" button it definitely saves to my sims 3 folder but if I open it through my photos on the computer it gives me the option to copy but not to paste directly here....so I have to upload the pic to the net by either email or through FB..(which I usually use FB because i'm a big enough nerd to put sims photos up >.>)

I mean it's not a big deal. just sorta...irritating.
    edited September 2013
    :lol: I know what you mean ... I use photobucket for my pics have not been on Fb in like forever.
    NewSig.jpg

edited September 2013
    ha ha I havn't been on PB in a LOOOOOONG time.

1378146_10151970131394225_1043431615_n.jpg

This is my very first attempt at a colonial home. it's not done on the outside or the inside. it's mostly just walls, doors, windows, and columns at this point.

It's the bigger of the houses on the block but I think it'll fit just fine :D
    edited September 2013
    I couldn't really find any colonial houses on the post for sharing homes. I did find a few that would match my world wonderfully though!

if someone were to want to attempt to build some colonial houses that would be great!

I need a 40x40 lot. I need 3 still. I created one myself that i'll link in here in a bit.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2013
    If you go down to Creative Corner forum there are groups in there that do nothing but build the houses you want - some of the best house builders can be found down there. Also Ruthless KK specializes in houses like the first one you pictured. Check her studio. Just make sure you ask any creator if you do pick their houses if you can put them in your world and then give them credit for the houses. Most of the house creators do not have a problem as long as you ask and that you give them credit. But up here in this forum most of the simmers are world builders and seeing it is the hardest of the world building process to build houses, they generally don't build just houses for others - so you could be waiting a long time if you have not gotten any takers and would be better off checking where I mentioned. As those styles are quite popular down in creative corner - I am sure you can find exactly what you want down there and more.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi! I'm actually making a world with Victorian style homes in it and I have a bunch of them in my studio. You can use them in your world if you like them. I would just appreciate credit if you do happen to use them :)
    edited September 2013
    Awesome! thank you! If I use any I will definitely give credit :)