Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Pros/Cons on TS/TS2/TS3/TS4

TS

Pros:
-Life simulator
-Storybook album
-Paying to go places using the cab
-Open shopping/Open community lots
-Not too easy but not too difficult, especially with gaining money
-Magazines to read about different interests to make conversations go more smoothly
-Some careers that let the player be hands-on like Superstar
-Hot Date not only brought new gameplay to the dating scenario but also Open Dining, Long/short-term relationship bars
-Vacations

Cons:
-No aging except infants growing into kids and then kids remaining so forever
-Too much focus and time on motives

Nuances:
-Stupid AI at times (Bladder bar low but sim autonomously decides that Fun is more important or some other motive if it is already in the green. You know how in the ER they prioritize using triage? Yeah I wish the coding would reflect that flawlessly all the time. And any other AI flaws that doesn't make sense.)
-Roaches and flies are annoying but if done right can be a good feature
-Random lottery prizes to win when answering the phone
-Getting yelled at too often when trying to call others
-Social takes forever to build up and is not so easy at all with just one sim (My sim is depressed all the time but I need to have her read some magazines.)
-No way to cancel newspapers

===================================================

TS2

Pros:
-3D 360 degrees camera
-"CONTINUED" Open Shopping/Open Community Lots
-Aging from infants to elders from life to death/New age groups
-Family interactions
-Content/gameplay for infants/toddlers/kids
-Nightlife has ownable cars with proper animations, also a lot of destinations to hang out and have fun with friends, a date or even family and included Open Restaurants
-OFB
-More in-depth CAS
-Bodyshop
-Empty neigborhoods to start out with
-Storybook Album
-Long/Short-term relationship bars
-Chemistry/turn-ons and turn-offs
-Collection folders
-Inventories

Cons:
-The art style is okay but looking back definitely not to my liking but at the time it didn't bother me as much but I'm older now and have a more developed awareness in my own preferences in what I like and what I do not
-Squash and stretch makes it worse

Nuances:
-I like the silly humor but now I'd rather get more serious to the maximum of what is allowed in a T rated game and not so childish. It would be nice to finally stop the bordering line between E10+ and T and just go with an all out T for once. No cartoony cloud fights, stuff like that
-Stupid AI at times (Bladder bar low but sim autonomously decides that Fun is more important or some other motive if it is already in the green. You know how in the ER they prioritize using triage? Yeah I wish the coding would reflect that flawlessly all the time. And any other AI flaws that doesn't make sense.)
-Kids do not do homework automatically and I often forget and then they get bad grades, let alone sometimes they put the homework anywhere and then I have to find it

====================================================

TS3

Pros:
-Open seamless neighborhood, beautiful breathtaking views
-CASt/CAP/CAW
-Aging for the whole neighborhood and options to turn it off
-More options to play a bit more customized the way you want (a con because it's not enough control given to players)
-Toned down the squash and stretch but still some goofy looking facial animations (what is up with the bottom lip...seriously, it's not cute or funny to me nor the crossed eyes, for a silly picture yes but not when aging up or some random times)
-Sims and world look really great/Love this art style the best
-More control over skintones using sliders after presets
-Roots, tips, base hair colors tint and shade slider
-Any eye color with tint and shade slider or whatever its called
-Collection folders
-Filters
-Inventories
-In depth skills/skills journal
-Self employment
-In depth food recipes
-Sim kids automatically do their homework as long as they are in a good mood

Cons:
-Focus too much on YA's/A's and not enough on infants/toddlers/kids/teens/elders
-No "continued" open shopping/open community lots that were present in TS/TS2 such as clothing stores and TS2 grocery stores and TS/TS2 Open Dining!!! Why did this change? This should NEVER change...NEVER!!! Or call this a new genre Half-Life Simulations, why start something then take it away!? I do not like inconsistencies in sequels. It is unacceptable but at least TS3 did have something worthwhile but still could have been a whole lot better
-Story Progression because I like full control however I would like sims to progress but since there are no options to tell SP what to do and what not to do, whose household it can manipulate and whose it cannot its a con to me
-A lot, if not all, features are not as in-depth as I had hoped that were in TS/TS2 as far as GAMEPLAY goes like shopping
-Routing
-Cars piling up in inventories
-Glitches that takes months to even years to address if even ever
-No storybook album IN-GAME
-Just one relationship bar therefore boring because there is no conflict from one side, they all feel the same exact way all the time which is unrealistic...no unrequited love or liking someone as a friend but the other person finds them annoying or uninteresting. No challenging game dynamics in relationships, it's all the same
-I enjoy being involved as much as possible to what kind of sim my sim is attracted to and wish this was expanded on from TS2 chemistry/turn-ons and turn-offs feature and also have an option for NO PREFERENCES for each category would be nice
-Disappearing/reappearing act (Please can you animate the whole actions? The taking the toothbrush and toothpaste out of the mirror cabinet than just poof its magically in the sims hand, there are many, many countless examples as well like car animations/food animations/etc and you know what? TS3 still has time issues even with taking shortcuts when TS/TS2 animated it mostly and why does time seem more efficient in those games with how long it takes a sim to do something?)
-Changing sims CAS hair color in-game causes DNA change (Shouldn't it be like if edited in CAS that is the sims natural hair color but in the mirror or using AMB's makeover object would be like dying the hair but leaving the natural CAS color data stored so offspring would have the parents natural hair color not the dyed version. This would be so much appreciated if base game coding would update to reflect that also updating TS3 eyes to reflect like what you did with pets)

Nuances:
-Cars although nice are pretty much useless and are like just for show mostly (carpool still comes and sims automatically take it instead of their own car autonomously, cannot sit in cars, cannot listen to the radio, etc and I would love for cars to play in a bigger part in a Sims game such as car shows, car mechanic, upgrading stereos etc installing hydraulics/rims etc just add street racing and more reasons to be a cop in a Sims game or something
-Elbows look horrible when bent (what is that? clipping issues?)
-Arms raised looks odd
-Unusual wrist actions look weird
-Strange ankle twists
-Most the joints look unnatural at times...there, lol.
-Stupid AI at times (Bladder bar low but sim autonomously decides that Fun is more important or some other motive if it is already in the green. You know how in the ER they prioritize using triage? Yeah I wish the coding would reflect that flawlessly all the time. Or when not enough seats sims will go outside maybe go sit on the toilet or some place away from everyone else. Its stupid. At least from my experience TS2 sims will stand around the table with everyone else if there are not enough seats. And any other AI flaws that doesn't make sense.)
-No clothes filter/collections folder in CAS
-Memories

TS4

Pros:

-In depth emotions and what appears to be some sort of cause and effect system however that could very well turn into a Con if emotions are all ricocheting all over the place in a way that makes no sense or is overbearing on the fun factor of gameplay
-The best facial bone structure in a Sims game
-Fluid animations/Best routing with minimal to no backups/natural looking socializing/Smartsim/Multitasking
-New CAS with more in-depth customization
-Hats are accessories
-Moving a room around the lot and everything comes with it
-Click and dragging to expand or contract rooms in any direction
-Round fences
-Pillars are not needed to build upper floors
-Functioning in groups is more in-depth and improved

Cons:

-Art style for both sims and world is too simplified for my liking (No individual eyelashes, decent eyebrows, no decent realistic looking hair/skin, still no finger/toenails to paint, I guess that cloudy effect is called bloom, the trees are just a no...sigh. I prefer more realistic sims/world than TS3 for future installments)
-The sims seem over expressive at times and seem to carry a likeness to TS2 squash in stretch and exaggerate with emotions/facial expressions/body language
-No CASt
-Back to presets like TS2...seriously? How is that moving forward, more like moving backwards on that one
-No different skintones using the colorwheel-slider/swatches/rgb (Since TS3 didn't have it, I thought the next generation would)
-Eyes still cannot be customized (two different colors within one iris or two different colors in each iris or coloring the pupil or changing the shape of the pupil or changing the outer ring color of the iris...just boring presets, no individuality and definitely no creativeness there whatsoever (Oh but you give TS3 Pets some of that unique eye customization!? :evil: )
-No height

==================================================

TS5

My imaginary list of PROS:
-Height
-Awesome eye color/pupil customization
-Some sort of face scanning technology from camera/photo to input on a sim in-game
-More realistic art style for sims and world than TS3
-All community lots/venues are open only some career RH's/schools
-3 different schools (Elementary/Middle/High)
-Faithful relationships (The game should NEVER mess up a players storyline/play style/whatever)
-Real sports
-Ultimate sim customization
-Cars with animations and much more
-Infants to dress in cute clothes/accessories
-Infants in CAS
-Pregnant sims in CAS
-Maternity clothes that can be changed during pregnancy
-Kids can have crushes on other kids
-Teens can have crushes on older sims (Just a crush, nothing more)
-Can own multiple houses from base game if the sim has it like that
-Mortgage and other bills to pay and if not paid over time that service will be shut off or house will be foreclosed and sims can become homeless or go to the homeless shelter or stay with family or friends until they get back on their feet
-Banks
-A small percent chance that your sim could be robbed of most or everything they worked so hard for or didn't
-Talk about house fire, a fire that literally can burn your whole house down and your sim(s) would have to stay with relatives/friends/hotel until the house is rebuilt/repaired.
-Improved CASt
-Open seamless neighborhood
-Job interviews (If sims are not dressed for success they do not get the job even if they qualify. If sims dress the part but are not qualified they do not get the job. If sims have the skill levels required, are in a good mood and dress for success they will get the job.)
-Hair and clothes physics

Enough of this happy-go-lucky silly gameplay. For "once" let me see a different side to TS. More in-depth, more realistic, more serious, more darker. And I really think more individual bills/mortgage would help the game not only be a bit more difficult but realistic as well and teaching some along the way that this is what you do when you work to own a home and any consequences of not keeping up with that responsibility.

*This is most likely not a complete list of my Pros/Cons and I may add more.*

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter”

Comments

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    Very cool comparisons. :mrgreen:

I'd add one more "con" to TS2, though: -Too much focus and time on motives (same as you wrote for TS). The reason I couldn't stand Sims 1 and 2 for very long was that the Sims never had time to do anything fun, because all they ever had time for was filling needs endlessly, including having to pee every five minutes. I LOVED LOVED LOVED that Sims 3 gave you lifetime rewards that would slow down most of the needs bars. I particularly loved the "Steel Bladder" reward, because it's just not fun watching your Sim sitting on the toilet. :roll:
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks.

I'll add it to TS2 since its still a nuisance in that game as well.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    Cons:
    -Focus too much on YA's/A's and not enough on infants/toddlers/kids/teens/elders
    -No "continued" open shopping/open community lots that were present in TS/TS2 such as clothing stores and TS2 grocery stores and TS/TS2 Open Dining!!! Why did this change? This should NEVER change...NEVER!!! Or call this a new genre Half-Life Simulations, why start something then take it away!? I do not like inconsistencies in sequels. It is unacceptable but at least TS3 did have something worthwhile but still could have been a whole lot better
    -Story Progression because I like full control however I would like sims to progress but since there are no options to tell SP what to do and what not to do, whose household it can manipulate and whose it cannot its a con to me
    -Cars although nice are pretty much useless and are like just for show mostly (carpool still comes and sims automatically take it instead of their own car autonomously, cannot sit in cars, cannot listen to the radio, etc and I would love for cars to play in a bigger part in a Sims game such as car shows, car mechanic, upgrading stereos etc installing hydraulics/rims etc just add street racing and more reasons to be a cop in a Sims game or something
    -A lot, if not all, features are not as in-depth as I had hoped that were in TS/TS2 as far as GAMEPLAY goes like shopping
    -Routing
    -Just one relationship bar therefore boring because there is no conflict from one side, they all feel the same exact way all the time which is unrealistic...no unrequited love or liking someone as a friend but the other person finds them annoying or uninteresting. No challenging game dynamics in relationships, it's all the same
    -I enjoy being involved as much as possible to what kind of sim my sim is attracted to and wish this was expanded on from TS2 chemistry/turn-ons and turn-offs feature and also have an option for NO PREFERENCES for each category would be nice
    -Disappearing/reappearing act (Please can you animate the whole actions? The taking the toothbrush and toothpaste out of the mirror cabinet than just poof its magically in the sims hand, there are many, many countless examples as well like car animations/food animations/etc and you know what? TS3 still has time issues even with taking shortcuts when TS/TS2 animated it mostly and why does time seem more efficient in those games with how long it takes a sim to do something?)
    -Changing sims CAS hair color in-game causes DNA change (Shouldn't it be like if edited in CAS that is the sims natural hair color but in the mirror or using AMB's makeover object would be like dying the hair but leaving the natural CAS color data stored so offspring would have the parents natural hair color not the dyed version. This would be so much appreciated if base game coding would update to reflect that also updating TS3 eyes to reflect like what you did with pets)
    -Arms raised looks odd
    -Strange ankle twists
    -Stupid AI at times (Bladder bar low but sim autonomously decides that Fun is more important or some other motive if it is already in the green. You know how in the ER they prioritize using triage? Yeah I wish the coding would reflect that flawlessly all the time. Or when not enough seats sims will go outside maybe go sit on the toilet or some place away from everyone else. Its stupid. At least from my experience TS2 sims will stand around the table with everyone else if there are not enough seats. And any other AI flaws that doesn't make sense.)

You're list proves it's impossible to please everyone for those who develop this game, cause a lot of your cons are pro's to me :wink:
    - The focus on YA is perfectly alright for me, the only thing I don't like is that teenagers look so ugly.
    - Please please PLEASE don't force me to go shopping in my game EA, make it a choice then if everyone wants it so badly :cry:
    - Story Progression has often given me quite a few surprises at some occasions that were really fun to put in my story. I like it to see other family's living their own life's beyond my control, which includes former generations. The shock I had when my Sim turned out to have a baby sister, right before his parents turned elderly :shock: Loved it, I raised the little girl because her parents were too old I decided.
    - Cars are meant to bring me from A to B and that's exactly what they're doing. And it's so practical you can bring them along in your pocket :mrgreen:
    - I'm perfectly fine with half animations. Taking a toothbrush out of a closet takes time. Time I'd rather spend on other things. Hardly let my Sims brush their teeth anyway, only for picture purposes.

A lot of the S3 cons aren't only S3 related I think. Or did 1£2 bending elbows look alright?
    And no hights isn't just a s4 con is it :wink: ?

Edit: and Penelope's s3 additions are definitely s3 pro's for me :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oooh a list... Let me skip right to The Sims 4... Lets also skip Pros.

Lets see how far I get until the list invalidates itself.
    Art style for both sims and world is too simplified for my liking

Ok fair enough, it is stated to be her opinion.
    The sims seem over expressive at times and seem to carry a likeness to TS2 squash in stretch and exaggerate with emotions/facial expressions/body language

Fair enough
    No CASt

And here it invalidates itself. If you are comparing all the games to eachother then the lack of CASt is not a 'Con' it is a "pro" which the game lacks.

But can we put a nail on the coffin? Can we just make the list inaccurate too?
    Back to presets like TS2...seriously? How is that moving forward, more like moving backwards on that one

Tada! The Sims 3 had presets.

If you have to make a list to complain about The Sims 4 in the guise of actually talking about the entire series until this point. At least make it accurate and honestly.
  • MistyH3artMistyH3art Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    I never tried The Sims or The Sims 2.. I only tried TS3 which is pretty cool except for one thing... It ALWAYS crashes. I'm hoping there will be a new patch to fix it.
  • MistyH3artMistyH3art Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    TS

Pros:
    -Life simulator
    -Storybook album
    -Paying to go places using the cab
    -Open shopping/Open community lots
    -Not too easy but not too difficult, especially with gaining money
    -Magazines to read about different interests to make conversations go more smoothly
    -Some careers that let the player be hands-on like Superstar
    -Hot Date not only brought new gameplay to the dating scenario but also Open Dining, Long/short-term relationship bars
    -Vacations

Cons:
    -Random lottery prizes to win when answering the phone
    -Getting yelled at too often when trying to call others
    -Social takes forever to build up and is not so easy at all with just one sim (My sim is depressed all the time but I need to have her read some magazines.)
    -No way to cancel newspapers
    -Roaches and flies are annoying but if done right can be a good feature
    -No aging except infants growing into kids and then kids remaining so forever

TS2

Pros:
    -3D 360 degrees camera
    -"CONTINUED" Open Shopping/Open Community Lots
    -Aging from infants to elders from life to death/New age groups
    -Family interactions
    -Content/gameplay for infants/toddlers/kids
    -Nightlife has ownable cars with proper animations, also a lot of destinations to hang out and have fun with friends, a date or even family and included Open Restaurants
    -OFB
    -More in-depth CAS
    -

TS3

Pros:
    -Open seamless neighborhood, beautiful breathtaking views
    -CASt/CAP/CAW
    -Aging for the whole neighborhood and options to turn it off
    -More options to play a bit more customized the way you want (a con because it's not enough control given to players)
    -Toned down the squash and stretch but still some goofy looking facial animations (what is up with the bottom lip...seriously, it's not cute or funny to me nor the crossed eyes, for a silly picture yes but not when aging up or some random times)
    -Sims and world look really great/Love this art style the best
    -More control over skintones using sliders after presets
    -Roots, tips, base hair colors tint and shade slider
    -Any eye color with tint and shade slider or whatever its called

Cons:
    -Routing
    -Arms raised looks odd
    -Strange ankle twists

TS4

Pros:

-In depth emotions and what appears to be some sort of cause and effect system however that could very well turn into a Con if emotions are all ricocheting all over the place in a way that makes no sense or is overbearing on the fun factor of gameplay
    -The best facial bone structure in a Sims game
    -Fluid animations/Best routing with minimal to no backups/natural looking socializing/Smartsim/Multitasking
    -New CAS with more in-depth customization
    -Hats are accessories
    -Moving a room around the lot and everything comes with it

Cons:

-Art style for both sims and world is too simplified for my liking (No individual eyelashes, decent eyebrows, no decent realistic looking hair/skin, still no finger/toenails to paint, I guess that cloudy effect is called bloom, the trees are just a no...sigh. I prefer more realistic sims/world than TS3 for future installments)
    -The sims seem over expressive at times and seem to carry a likeness to TS2 squash in stretch and exaggerate with emotions/facial expressions/body language
    -No CASt
    -Back to presets like TS2...seriously? How is that moving forward, more like moving backwards on that one
    -No different skintones using the colorwheel-slider/swatches/rgb (Since TS3 didn't have it, I thought the next generation would)
    -Eyes still cannot be customized (two different colors within one iris or two different colors in each iris or coloring the pupil or changing the shape of the pupil or changing the outer ring color of the iris...just boring presets, no individuality and definitely no creativeness there whatsoever (Oh but you give TS3 Pets some of that unique eye customization!? :evil: )
    -No height

===============================================

About the Issue with the 'Art' for TS4, It's your opinion and I respect that but IMO this art looks so much better. But the price... 80$ and 60$?! No. This has to be some sort of joke. I hope it is.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't really agree with some of your cons (especially in TS4), but I hope that we can look forward to much more than what you mentioned in your list for TS5.
  • zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited September 2013
    LOL LOOK AT ALL THE SIMS 3 CONS DYING
    edited September 2013
    You're list proves it's impossible to please everyone for those who develop this game, cause a lot of your cons are pro's to me :wink:
    - The focus on YA is perfectly alright for me, the only thing I don't like is that teenagers look so ugly.
    - Please please PLEASE don't force me to go shopping in my game EA, make it a choice then if everyone wants it so badly :cry:
    - Story Progression has often given me quite a few surprises at some occasions that were really fun to put in my story. I like it to see other family's living their own life's beyond my control, which includes former generations. The shock I had when my Sim turned out to have a baby sister, right before his parents turned elderly :shock: Loved it, I raised the little girl because her parents were too old I decided.
    - Cars are meant to bring me from A to B and that's exactly what they're doing. And it's so practical you can bring them along in your pocket :mrgreen:
    - I'm perfectly fine with half animations. Taking a toothbrush out of a closet takes time. Time I'd rather spend on other things. Hardly let my Sims brush their teeth anyway, only for picture purposes.

A lot of the S3 cons aren't only S3 related I think. Or did 1£2 bending elbows look alright?
    And no hights isn't just a s4 con is it :wink: ?

Edit: and Penelope's s3 additions are definitely s3 pro's for me :wink:

My Pros/Cons is meant to show my personal view on what has changed and what has remained the same in each Sims installment. I'm getting at why is TS series starting with TS3 changing in a way that is straying from the original model of TS games...or rather what I perceive to be. Because honestly every person can look at TS and see something completely different than what I see.

"Inconsistencies" in sequels are annoying and there are plenty in TS3 and already some confirmed in TS4 as well.

This is not about pleasing me because I'm sure they don't give a care. I have a choice and that's not to buy and move on to other games which I am going to do. These pros/cons are my observations/sound-off and things that I notice when going back and forth playing the previous games.

Change is good but not when the foundation keeps changing. But that's my view on it.

Is the Sims games going to be based on a more realistic life simulator like TS3 or simplistic life simulator like TS4? One game it's like this, then another game it's like that. Whatever. They just go with whatever I guess they research will make them the most profit. I'm content with TS games I have so it doesn't matter what they do. I'll still make suggestions though but I'm not taking it personally because they have a different vision, it's their game not mine.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited September 2013
    Deshong from my understanding of emotions it doesn't look like it ricochets. It looks like it scales meaning gradually a sim can go from happy to angry etc. I don't think it was wise of them to show items that take the sim from 0 to 100 in 60 seconds. Given that the moods gradually change on their own isn't a bad sign actually.

If your sim is having a rough day that's going to slowly build up and you as a player can control this still. I think this just brings more challenge and flavor to the game.

My major con is removing the color wheel even with the coding people want different color clothes, walls, furniture, etc. I don't mind if i can't use cast, at least let me change the colors of stuff though.

A few pro's for sims 4 i didn't see for me are

1. round fences
    2. love the catalog
    3. love the ability to pull the house to different size levels
    4. love that their is no barrier for placing floors, i don't need a ton of pillars for support.
    5. love that my sims can multitask now
    6. love that my sims actually function like groups

Another con i didn't see

I really don't like the sim blocky hair
    edited September 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    Oooh a list... Let me skip right to The Sims 4... Lets also skip Pros.

Lets see how far I get until the list invalidates itself.
    No CASt

And here it invalidates itself. If you are comparing all the games to eachother then the lack of CASt is not a 'Con' it is a "pro" which the game lacks.

But can we put a nail on the coffin? Can we just make the list inaccurate too?
    Back to presets like TS2...seriously? How is that moving forward, more like moving backwards on that one

Tada! The Sims 3 had presets.

If you have to make a list to complain about The Sims 4 in the guise of actually talking about the entire series until this point. At least make it accurate and honestly.

Each TS installment that adds something of value to many players should, in my opinion, be continued and improved upon not omitted. CASt was not in TS/TS2 but it is in TS3 and gave many that chose to use it an unlimited creative feature to use in a way that presets did not. I'm aware there are presets in TS2/TS3 however in TS3 presets were not the "only" option anymore and now players could change it to whatever color/pattern they wanted to finally be able to match the couch with the rug or whatever else combination. Me...I like the creative freedom of customizing everything and IS a big deal to me.

2h4m45u.jpg

And it would be nice for you to stop trying to talk like you know my intentions which you are so far from the truth and stop acting like you know when you do not.

The reason I'm listing TS/TS2/TS3/TS4 all together is to observe their similarities and differences. The improvements and its cons. Also to state what is it that "I" like about those previous games and what I do not. Helps me to understand why I became so disappointed with TS3 and why I'm just not feeling TS4. As you can see TS3 left a very sour taste in my mouth but not just that, I'm just not interested in TS4 anymore because I see no next big amazing feature that I care about enough like what I saw from TS to TS2 to TS3.

My first impression when the official pictures were leaked and I saw them at MTS, was eww. But I tried to be positive, I tried to like it and give it a chance but eventually more pictures and info were released and then I made up my mind...that the game is not for me.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited September 2013
    MistyH3art wrote:
    About the Issue with the 'Art' for TS4, It's your opinion and I respect that but IMO this art looks so much better. But the price... 80$ and 60$?! No. This has to be some sort of joke. I hope it is.

I'm glad you and many others like the art style because if not TS4 would be doomed, lol.
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    I don't really agree with some of your cons (especially in TS4), but I hope that we can look forward to much more than what you mentioned in your list for TS5.

Yeah, it took me a while to write this pros/cons list and then got tired, lol. I'll see if I add more when I come up with some.
    LOL LOOK AT ALL THE SIMS 3 CONS DYING

Weird. TS3 is my favorite game to play out of TS/TS2 because of the improvements and art style. So since I play it the most I guess I find more faults in it, lol. I probably should change the joints looking odd, it's not really a con but moreso of just wanting see improvement in that area. I didn't know where else to put that.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow, some people painstakingly went through every single feature the OP listed just SEARCHING for things they could disagree with. Geez people. It's just the OP's personal opinion. It's not like she was rewriting the Bible or something. :? Lighten up. I don't agree with every single item on the list, either, but it's not that big a deal.
    edited September 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    Deshong from my understanding of emotions it doesn't look like it ricochets. It looks like it scales meaning gradually a sim can go from happy to angry etc. I don't think it was wise of them to show items that take the sim from 0 to 100 in 60 seconds. Given that the moods gradually change on their own isn't a bad sign actually.

If your sim is having a rough day that's going to slowly build up and you as a player can control this still. I think this just brings more challenge and flavor to the game.

My major con is removing the color wheel even with the coding people want different color clothes, walls, furniture, etc. I don't mind if i can't use cast, at least let me change the colors of stuff though.

A few pro's for sims 4 i didn't see for me are

1. round fences
    2. love the catalog
    3. love the ability to pull the house to different size levels
    4. love that their is no barrier for placing floors, i don't need a ton of pillars for support.
    5. love that my sims can multitask now
    6. love that my sims actually function like groups

Another con i didn't see

I really don't like the sim blocky hair

I'm not sure about the emotions, they did say it's thought out carefully but I can't really say until more information is released and actually seeing it play out because others did point out that demo at Gamescon is staged just to show the different emotions and is not accurate...or so I hope even though I'm not interested in the game. At least others can enjoy it for what it is.

I can add all of your pros because I feel the same except the catalogue, I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. And I already have multitasking as a pro.

I consider hair to be apart of the art style/look they were going with. However I do realize some like the art style but not the hair in particular and some like the overall art style and hair too. So everyone has their own preferences, lol.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited September 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:

Enough of this happy-go-lucky silly gameplay. For "once" let me see a different side to TS. More in-depth, more realistic, more serious, more darker..

I disagree COMPLETELY with you on this right 'ere. When/If this ever happens- then the game will no longer be called 'The Sims'. Simple at that.

I do agree with you on a lot; but, all of the cons for TS1. TS1 for me had no cons, but, of course that is just my nostalgia taking over my mind. I never had that much bugs with TS1, and I never thought anything was a 'Con'.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
    edited September 2013
    Back then TS/TS2 probably didn't have much or any cons for me. But I'm viewing the previous games as how I feel about it now as I go back and play them.

I've explained the kind of more in-depth, realistic, a bit more darker gameplay I'm looking for. While some or even many do not care for mortgage/bills or having cause and effect where if you forget to pay your sims mortgage for too long, they lose their house and become homeless, I do. And I really doubt it would ever happen anyway. TS series doesn't seem to care much about realistic life simulation and keeps simplifying things more and more. Making imitated life seem like a walk in a park.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited September 2013
    Each TS installment that adds something of value to many players should, in my opinion, be continued and improved upon not omitted

It doesn't matter... You made a list comparing the entire series pros and cons.

If you cannot give a reason why The Sims 2's lack of CASt isn't a Con. Then you cannot field it against The Sims 4 because "The Sims 3 had it".

You cannot play Temporal Snobbery.
    Wow, some people painstakingly went through every single feature the OP listed just SEARCHING for things they could disagree with. Geez people. It's just the OP's personal opinion.

We deal with these complaints all day. If you want to add something to the 100000 complaint topics you need to bring something new, accurate, valid, and all that to the table if you don't want to eat your words.

Though just to be fair... What was the VERY first thing on the list.
    Life simulator

Wow! So only TS1 was a life simulator?
  • Winterfeld33Winterfeld33 Posts: 27
    edited September 2013
    dude... they need to stop... they have gone through The Sims 1-3 within him... 13 years? yup... dude... we don't have money to keep buying these new platforms... they are freaking expensive... now they are coming out with Sims 4... 5 years ago you came out with the sims 3... and 5 years before that... the sims 2. let me predict... SIMS 5 COMING TO STORES in 2019. MY GOD stop making so many expansion packs come out like there is no tomorrow... we CANT KEEP UP. and with so many BUGS... WE STILL HAVE THEM... YET YOU ARE COMING OUT WITH ANOTHER SEQUEL. yes... I am from the ORIGINAL The Sims era.... been with you guys since 2000. calm down... and perfect your product... because Bugs and glitches... "AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT" :thumbdown:

Before you pump ANYMORE games out perfect the ones you are designing... and let it be able to work on ANY platform... don't force us to have to get a special memory/graphic card to play your new product that doesn't even work well...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    My Pros/Cons is meant to show my personal view on what has changed and what has remained the same in each Sims installment. I'm getting at why is TS series starting with TS3 changing in a way that is straying from the original model of TS games...or rather what I perceive to be. Because honestly every person can look at TS and see something completely different than what I see.

"Inconsistencies" in sequels are annoying and there are plenty in TS3 and already some confirmed in TS4 as well.

This is not about pleasing me because I'm sure they don't give a care. I have a choice and that's not to buy and move on to other games which I am going to do. These pros/cons are my observations/sound-off and things that I notice when going back and forth playing the previous games.

Change is good but not when the foundation keeps changing. But that's my view on it.

Is the Sims games going to be based on a more realistic life simulator like TS3 or simplistic life simulator like TS4? One game it's like this, then another game it's like that. Whatever. They just go with whatever I guess they research will make them the most profit. I'm content with TS games I have so it doesn't matter what they do. I'll still make suggestions though but I'm not taking it personally because they have a different vision, it's their game not mine.
    Inconsistencies in sequels are annoying when you were content with what you had, but things do change of course. Always, everywhere and on almost every level, not only games. I notice 'going back to 1 and 2' is often used as an argument, but it's actually not. On a personal level it can be, but going back for a company is seldom - if not never - a good idea.

For me Sims 1 wasn't a good game. I played it for a week and then threw it into a corner. It was no fun for me to do nothing else than keeping someone alive who clearly didn't like me and was cross with me all the time (with her annoying constantly brownish plumbbob) :roll: So my viewpoint is different. The makers of The Sims can't - and shouldn't - focus on just one kind of player, they have to keep abreast of the times and, preferably, be ahead of them. It's business for them, not a hobby (like it is for us).

Now it is possible they're making a huge mistake with the way they change things of course, change isn't a guarantee for success. But there are a lot of people (like me) who are very happy they made that change from 2 to 3. (my list of cons on 3 is really very tiny) It is possible the same thing goes for 4. All we can hope for is that we will be among them :wink:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited September 2013
    Theres no point doing pros and cons for sims4 yet i beleive there is still so much we dont know.
    edited September 2013
    Well if there is truly no point than why is there even a TS4 section in TS3 forum then? To only discuss the game but no personal view on how each individual feels about said feature or lack of for that matter? How are the devs supposed to know a wide range of what players want, do not want or concerns before they are at a point where nothing can be changed?

If it were not for players feedback a head of time I don't think any game company that actually listens to their fans would be as successful as it is. If everyone is quiet until it's too late what then, accept a game that one is not as satisfying as if they had spoken up?

Of course even so, some things will not change but the reason of stating opinions from the start is hoping they hear their players loud and clear to hopefully make the best game it can be. And most players are very vocal and enthusiastic about a game they have played for many years. So if EA wants to continue TS as the best selling PC game of all time, I think its best they continue to listen to all players and also take into account those who have been with the series since the beginning because their opinions may be different than those who just joined in with TS3 or those who first started with Sims Social or other spin-offs.

I can see they are trying to attract a new audience but at the same time alienating some players who have been with the series since the beginning. And I say "some" because it's apparent that others like TS4 and have been with the series since the beginning. It's really a matter of personal preference and what each individual sees in TS.

I always enjoyed the realistic aspect of TS games and didn't like when they started adding in supernatural/unrealistic elements and would avoid it. The only reason I got SN was because I wanted to complete my collection, wanted the kids stuff, world, clothes, etc but not the supernaturals. Eventually though I tried it out and it wasn't so bad but still was not anything much of a big difference from playing human sims. But I still prefer more realism over fantasy and letting it be a choice and not forced on you in gameplay. Such as in LN there are vampires already in the neighborhood that live there, in some worlds there are ghosts like I think in MV and MH. And some ghosts wandering from their graves at night. Some players have to take extra steps to make their game more realistic because now everything is all mixed up.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2013
    Theres no point doing pros and cons for sims4 yet i beleive there is still so much we dont know.

Which is part of the problem. The game is on pre-order already and yet we know hardly anything about it.

How do apartments work? What do the babies look like? Are there more family interactions and if so, can we see them please? Lots of videos showing examples of how the emotions work (I know we've had a bit on this, but EA has form for staging things)? Is there an open world? Are there rabbit holes...and so on.

EA seem to be expecting their fan base to commit to spending a relatively large amount of money and taking it on faith that it will be worth the money. After some disappointments with some sims3 eps and SimCity, I’m just not going to be wasting my money without knowing a lot more - especially as quite a few of the details we do know (no CASt being the main one) have been big disappointments for me.