Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Midnight Hollow: Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• PhaesionPhaesion Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    I made the Baudelaire orphans and took some test photos! I'm really hoping I carry through with my plan to recreate A Series of Unforunate Events.
    1374295_10200520939686385_969145928_n.jpg
    This is best picture I got, except Sunny is hard to see. Please give me feedback! Also I'm in the process of reinstalling things, so the outfits will improve I promise.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've got my fingers crossed that Monday the mini gameplays will be released on cas and buybuild or Tuesday at the latest.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2013
    And I thought I was really excited about Dragon Valley before its release, but I think I am more excited for Midnight Hollow. Seems like the atmosphere will be creepy. lol I wonder if it looks twilight most of the day....beside the red sky of course. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited September 2013
    Are there back stories for some on the sims in this world?
  • mnyxmnyx Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2013
    Phaesion wrote:
    I made the Baudelaire orphans and took some test photos! I'm really hoping I carry through with my plan to recreate A Series of Unforunate Events.
    1374295_10200520939686385_969145928_n.jpg
    This is best picture I got, except Sunny is hard to see. Please give me feedback! Also I'm in the process of reinstalling things, so the outfits will improve I promise.
    Ah, that's a brilliant idea! That was one of my favorite series as a kid, I love how everyone looks and I think they would fit in perfectly in a place like MH!
    tumblr_ox6lw9iaeh1tcw5z8o1_1280.jpg

sig and pic by cooper322
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited September 2013
    I know I am late to the party but hoped that someone have an answer for a couple of questions?

First, how large is the Business RH? 60x60 or 64x64? The RH is nice but I like creating open, functional lots and use RH rugs in a back room or basement to replace what is in a world. I need more real estate for other venues.

Second, is there only a lake or are there any coastal areas considered oceans? I must have dive lots in my worlds. If not, then I can plan to set up IP for Twallan's traveller mod. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2013
    Also, can we sell fish bowels and aquariums containing fish ?

Fish bowls, yes. "Fish bowels" -- just, ew.
  • myjacobianmyjacobian Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2013
    I used to love running bakeries in Sims 2 and miss it very much. Will we be able to sell our home-baked goods?
  • angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited September 2013
    @DarrelRBeebe: We have a good balance of toys for all age groups. The Clown-In-A-Box can be a little traumatic for Toddlers. The Store has a pretty good track record of adding bunches of stuff for toddlers and the Titanic Toy Machine is no exception.

*Sigh.*
    Apparently, there's a lot of things that are "too traumatic" for toddlers. Like being able to click on other Sims and initiate interactions, or playing in autumn leaves or with the family pets, or even getting new hairstyles. I will grant you that the store has had a BETTER track record of late for stuff for toddlers, but if you think that overall the Sims 3 has done a good job with toddlers, then I am sorry to say that you are deluding yourselves.
    And I still they think they should be able to play with a stinking "Clown in the Box," which to me is more of a toddler's toy than a child's toy.

I share your frustration.
    Many things are too traumatic for Toddlers in The Sims 3: Climbing stairs, using their ability of speech and now the Clown-In-A-Box.
    The Store has a pretty good track record of adding bunches of stuff for toddlers...

^My first reaction to this was: Seriously?^
    Then I thought about it and realized that by comparison it's true.
    Babies, Children, Teens & Elders seem to be ignored more than Toddlers.
    Sad but hopefully S4 will breathe new life into the forgotten life stages.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited September 2013
    myjacobian wrote:
    I used to love running bakeries in Sims 2 and miss it very much. Will we be able to sell our home-baked goods?

The registers do not function to sell homemade food. You can hope to see a Bakery in the future if they decide to make one.
  • bettymom1970bettymom1970 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Im getting it theee day :) :-) :D
    edited September 2013
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited September 2013
    We are moving across the country on the 26th, BUT I made my husband keep the cable on in the house so that I could be sure to download Midnight Hollow onto the laptop before we left for the hotel. LOL I'm so addicted to my sims :lol:
  • MizzRoseBudMizzRoseBud Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Craftables (food, paintings, collectibles, plumbbots, AMB widgets I assume as well) CANNOT BE SOLD -- anything that can be sold on it's own (like via the other WA registers, etc) CANNOT BE SOLD

That is so dissapointing.

I do not understand why it would be so difficult to make anything sell-able or why things have to be on a special mat or surface. Just make some kind of marker and anything placed on that marker can get a prize attached and can be sold. And you could make a marker that goes on the floor, one for surfaces and one for walls.

Why do you spend so much time and enegy on creating chairs and tables and doors and wallpaper and all the other things we already have a ton of and then leave us with new and original things that is only half done.

This is like that cow corral. We got a lot of clothes, instead of being able to put milk into the fridge. You could have made a butter churn, but no, here is a fireplace instead. You could have made a blender, but no, a sofa is much better and you can just bump into the poor cow, if you want a milkshake.

I so wanted cows, but I do not want the Milkin' It Dairy Corral and I so wanted a OFB world/venue but Midnight Hollow is not OFB, far from.

• JEANNEINTHEVALLEYJEANNEINTHEVALLEY Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Is Midnight Hollow going to have a forever dark atmosphere? Is there any way to let the sun shine in?
  • missthestopsignmissthestopsign Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2013
    The world looks great and the CAS assets for the YA females are especially nice, but once again other age groups are lacking. It's disappointing to have these lovely themed worlds (or store sets) and not be able to have our entire families dressed to fit the theme. It always seems like so much attention is focused on the YA female items and then everyone else is just forgotten. And yes, I know the hair styles are enabled for elders, which I guess is something, and YA males get a few things, but it seems like the male assets don't match female in... quality isn't really the word I want. Like, the goggle hat is cool, but it's thrown on a hair style we already had. It would have been nice to see it on a new hair or on two or three different hairs (granted, I don't know how much extra work this is, but having every sim in town with that hat have the same hair style is boring). Toddlers never get clothes or hair to fit into anything themed. Really, most of the toddler hairs are more for babies than toddlers and it drives me nuts.

So, great looking world and venue, but once again bummed I'm going to have to turn to CC if I buy it and want to have my whole family look like MH residents.

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    Craftables (food, paintings, collectibles, plumbbots, AMB widgets I assume as well) CANNOT BE SOLD -- anything that can be sold on it's own (like via the other WA registers, etc) CANNOT BE SOLD

That is so dissapointing.

I do not understand why it would be so difficult to make anything sell-able or why things have to be on a special mat or surface. Just make some kind of marker and anything placed on that marker can get a prize attached and can be sold. And you could make a marker that goes on the floor, one for surfaces and one for walls.

Why do you spend so much time and enegy on creating chairs and tables and doors and wallpaper and all the other things we already have a ton of and then leave us with new and original things that is only half done.

This is like that cow corral. We got a lot of clothes, instead of being able to put milk into the fridge. You could have made a butter churn, but no, here is a fireplace instead. You could have made a blender, but no, a sofa is much better and you can just bump into the poor cow, if you want a milkshake.

I so wanted cows, but I do not want the Milkin' It Dairy Corral and I so wanted a OFB world/venue but Midnight Hollow is not OFB, far from.

Agree 100% :thumbup:

Sometimes I think EA does what is easy and can be done quick fast and in a hurry, rather than putting in the efort that would make their products actually WORTH the exorbitant picetags.... >_> :evil: Which is why I never buy anything from them at full price, since I know in my bones that they don't actually put forth full effort. I expected so much more out of the coop AND the cow. The set was cute, yes, but the PC fell short. I think the vast majority of EA's PC falls short, actually. :? I wait for sales.
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I am a little worried about the Sims trying using the items for sale. Will the sims get that "can't reach the item" reaction if it's on stack displays? Idk. I forgot to ask and it's too late now :-)
  • LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm not usually into the goth / steampunk look but the items included in this world look amazing. I always buy the worlds for the stuffz. Outfits and furniture are awesome from looking at previews, hairstyles? don't get me started, love it .

I see in this thread a lot of people disappointed in the shop part. I think the only reason I'm not at all is I expected even worse then what EA is offering in that regard lol . In comparison I expect expansion packs to be very detailed out and set the expectation high, but this is just a world so my expectations were very low.

Thinking I'll have my sims sell potted plants, statues and paintings (buy mode purchasable ones of course)
    edited September 2013
    Gurus can we please get som last minute pics of the world today on the eve of release?
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited September 2013
    At first I wasn't going to buy this world. Now I can't wait to get it. The more I learn about it the more I want it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • TychinaTychina Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have misread/misremembered the release date of this world twice now. First I could have swore I read it was being released on the 24th. To which I figured I'd spend the day with Mom for her bday, then stay up all night playing Sims. But come midnight, 1am, 2am.. I began fretting, and then finally realized my mistake. The 26th, not the 24th! Then today, for some strange reason, I woke thinking it was the 26th not the 25th, and came right away to purchase the new world.

I have to say I have never waited for a world release like this, and I find it a bit nerve wracking. Even though I don't particularly want this world, I want the OFB type stuff it contains. That's not to say I dislike the world mind you, just that it's not looking to become one of my favorites, and there are those I want much more. But I want the Gold version of this one for the toys, and my littlest sister (not so little now at almost 16!) will play the heck out of this world. So I'm viewing it as a tool to bring us back together a bit, as we do less and less together as she gets older.

I'm looking forward to the release tonight (finally) so I can spend days buried in game checking it out, and then have to spend the weekend recuperating from extreme lack of sleep lol
  • DivineM619DivineM619 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone on the West Coast downloaded Midnight Hollow yet? It's been the 26th for the last 45 minutes here and I can't get it! LOL!
  • chisaki21chisaki21 Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Right now it is 2:30 am for me. Still unable to buy it. Come on, EA! Let me get Midnight Hollow >_<!!
  • TychinaTychina Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's 4:30 am of the 26th over here on the East coast, and I still can't purchase it either. I thought I had the math/time figured out right this time, and stayed up waiting. But I thought it would be available at 4am for me. Guess not lol