Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition To Have Quxxn Memorialized In Some Way In TS4

Comments

• Options
    GoGoGizmoGoGoGizmo Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Signed
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited September 2013
    are u serious more people want some random girl who made lets plays of the sims 3 to be put into the game rather then have create a style put in the game.
  • Options
    MsLettlovesSimsMsLettlovesSims Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Signed :)
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    brendhan21 wrote:
    are u serious more people want some random girl who made lets plays of the sims 3 to be put into the game rather then have create a style put in the game.

That was rather insensitive of you. To many people she was not just a "random" girl. And you can't argue with the fact that memorializing Quxxn in sims4 will be 100 times easier to do then to include cast, which is why more people are willing to sign this petition.

I think I already signed? If not, count me in. Although I think it's a bit unfair that just cause she's a youtuber she is more important then other simfans that has passed
  • Options
    shadowscale321shadowscale321 Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    signed from my sister and i who share this account
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    brendhan21 wrote:

That was rather insensitive of you. To many people she was not just a "random" girl. And you can't argue with the fact that memorializing Quxxn in sims4 will be 100 times easier to do then to include cast, which is why more people are willing to sign this petition.

I think I already signed? If not, count me in. Although I think it's a bit unfair that just cause she's a youtuber she is more important then other simfans that has passed

But the majority of the simmers of the world, didn't know her. A small part of the community did. It's a lot to ask to put someone you never heard of in a game that's meant for everyone and not just her community. Think of all the simmers who have passed away through the years. One shouldn't make an exception. If they were to include her, they would have to include others, who might not have been know to you, but to others. So this petition is infact very unfair and the people are demanding too much from this. Also...by the time TS4 is out, most people will have moved on with their lives.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    cynxcitycynxcity Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    brendhan21 wrote:

But the majority of the simmers of the world, didn't know her. A small part of the community did. It's a lot to ask to put someone you never heard of in a game that's meant for everyone and not just her community. Think of all the simmers who have passed away through the years. One shouldn't make an exception. If they were to include her, they would have to include others, who might not have been know to you, but to others. So this petition is infact very unfair and the people are demanding too much from this. Also...by the time TS4 is out, most people will have moved on with their lives.

^ This.

I get that people want to make some sort of tribute to her, but with this, you're basically implying that she's more important than all of the other simmers (or people in general) that have passed away over the years.
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited September 2013
    signed
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited September 2013
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with them memorializing her in some way, like maybe adding her name to the list of random sim names, or having a sim in an existing house have her name. But I'm struck by someone saying that because everyone didn't know her she shouldn't be memorialized or they would have to do it for every simmer that has died. So basically no one should be memorialized unless everyone knows them? What about the crosses put on the side of the road to memorialize someone who's died in that location? Not everyone in town knew that person but the city/county still allows it. If EA decides to memorialize a fan it's up to them and hopefully they will and she would represent all simmers. Just a nod to the community. But even if they decide not too those of us who watched her videos and communicated with her can memorialize her in our own games and maybe upload our version of Quxxn to the exchange.

Miss B
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sorry i will not sign simply because if one simmer is to be imortalised then so should hundreds of others .
    There are hundreds of people who have contributed as much if not more with web sites , articles , mods , etc
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited September 2013
    MissTexasB wrote:
    I personally wouldn't have a problem with them memorializing her in some way, like maybe adding her name to the list of random sim names, or having a sim in an existing house have her name. But I'm struck by someone saying that because everyone didn't know her she shouldn't be memorialized or they would have to do it for every simmer that has died. So basically no one should be memorialized unless everyone knows them? What about the crosses put on the side of the road to memorialize someone who's died in that location? Not everyone in town knew that person but the city/county still allows it. If EA decides to memorialize a fan it's up to them and hopefully they will and she would represent all simmers. Just a nod to the community. But even if they decide not too those of us who watched her videos and communicated with her can memorialize her in our own games and maybe upload our version of Quxxn to the exchange.

Miss B

You're comparing apples and oranges here. The city/county doesn't put those roadside memorials up or maintain them. The families and friends do. Some cities/counties/states don't allow them because they are considered a distraction.

I am a Simmer. My son was a Simmer when he died when he was 18. He didn't have a website or a youtube account, but does that make him less important? No. Nor are the others who have passed away quietly with their actual families and friends.

While it's very tragic that Quxxn died at such a young age. it doesn't mean that the majority of Simmers knew her-I'm betting they did not. Look at this thread. There are fewer than 100 signatures. How many posts are there saying they hadn't even known she'd died several months after that fact? Several at least.

I just don't see the need to memorialize someone in a game like this.
  • Options
    MistyH3artMistyH3art Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    Absolutely.

Signed. :)
  • Options
    InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    edited September 2013
    signed :)
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013

Yes there really is no need to say this. Since I already agree, and on several occasons have said the same thing(even in the text you quoted). And I also know that this petition will have NO impact whatsoever. Quxxn wont be memorialized in the sims4. End off. But that doesn't mean I can't show my support.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

Miss B

You're comparing apples and oranges here. The city/county doesn't put those roadside memorials up or maintain them. The families and friends do. Some cities/counties/states don't allow them because they are considered a distraction.

I am a Simmer. My son was a Simmer when he died when he was 18. He didn't have a website or a youtube account, but does that make him less important? No. Nor are the others who have passed away quietly with their actual families and friends.

While it's very tragic that Quxxn died at such a young age. it doesn't mean that the majority of Simmers knew her-I'm betting they did not. Look at this thread. There are fewer than 100 signatures. How many posts are there saying they hadn't even known she'd died several months after that fact? Several at least.

I honestly wasn't even going to comment on this thread because I did not even know who she was, heck, I didn't even know how to pronounce her name until I finally gave in and looked her up, but this...

First off I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't even begin to understand the pain you must feel losing a child, may you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you now...

Second you are right, although I am sure Quxxn was a wonderful person and a extremely dedicated simmer, but she is no more important than your son. Just because she was well known, doesn't make her any more important than the other simmers that have passed away over the years. As I stated before, I did not even know her name was suppose to pronounced "Queen" until I looked her up.

Once again I am sorry about your loss, and I truly hope I didn't offend anyone here, but by now the rest of you must surely know that this wasn't going to happen anyway.
  • Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited September 2013
    I wish I saw the cons before signing this. :/
    I don't think it will ever happen. The family would have to approve and really, I'm sure they want to just let her go, y'know?
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    *signed*

What a lovely idea. R.I.P., darling Quxxn.
  • Options
    DilEMMAARRRDilEMMAARRR Posts: 515 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't know how to sign. But I'd like to. If someone could put my name up for me, it would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

Only just found out, I just can't believe it. I thought it was a horrible prank or something, you know like people do with celebrities? But then I saw all the tribute videos and stuff on twitter, I just can't believe it.
    I hadn't watched her videos for a while because of the games she was playing. I wasn't going to buy them and I know watching her gameplay would make me want to. :(
  • Options
    Katie_JansKatie_Jans Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Signed :D
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited September 2013
    MissTexasB wrote:

Miss B

Do you even *know* who Quxxn was?

Here's the link to her obituary:

http://www.pondsfuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2174142&fh_id=12842

So, all of you who are demanding that EA memorialize her in some way, be sure to read who the REAL Quxxn was. She was a lovely, young African-American woman. Interestingly enough, her obituary makes no mention that she was considered an important member of the Simming Community or that she was known as Quxxn.

Let's do a reality check here: Those of you who profess to miss her (videos) never knew her in real life and therefore are not hurting nearly as much as her real life family. The petition might be a nice gesture, but to judge by the fact that she hasn't been mentioned in any of their videos, and the only EA employee to ever acknowledge her death was Graham Nardonne (SimGuru Graham) via a Tweet, I doubt EA knew her from Adam.

I originally signed this petition, but now I wish I hadn't. And please stop with the guilt trip. And to those of you who are planning on making your version of her and uploading her to the Exchange as a tribute, make sure she's African American and a little on the plump side...because that's who she *was*.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sims3GammerSims3Gammer Posts: 56 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

Miss B

I honestly wasn't even going to comment on this thread because I did not even know who she was, heck, I didn't even know how to pronounce her name until I finally gave in and looked her up, but this...

First off I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't even begin to understand the pain you must feel losing a child, may you take comfort in knowing an angel is watching over you now...

Second you are right, although I am sure Quxxn was a wonderful person and a extremely dedicated simmer, but she is no more important than your son. Just because she was well known, doesn't make her any more important than the other simmers that have passed away over the years. As I stated before, I did not even know her name was suppose to pronounced "Queen" until I looked her up.

Once again I am sorry about your loss, and I truly hope I didn't offend anyone here, but by now the rest of you must surely know that this wasn't going to happen anyway.

Sorry I quoted a lot, but I definitely agree with everything the other two posters said. They shouldn't memorize quxxn just because she was more widely known, it's kind of unfair and inconsiderate to all the other people who were simmers and passed. I feel like if everyone can't be memorized, then no one should, and to the other person, I'm so sorry about your son.
  • Options
    eaklikkoeaklikko Posts: 80 New Member
    edited September 2013
    What was her real name?
    If EA listens to you, they'll probably want to use her real name.
    Which I think is the right thing to use.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited September 2013
    eaklikko wrote:
    What was her real name?
    If EA listens to you, they'll probably want to use her real name.
    Which I think is the right thing to use.

Veneshia Peoples
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    ChrisOldfieldChrisOldfield Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2013
    I wish I saw the cons before signing this. :/
    I don't think it will ever happen. The family would have to approve and really, I'm sure they want to just let her go, y'know?

I agree. While I think remembering someone is important, it could be taken as her being more important than other simmers who have passed away in the last 10 years.

Since I do not want to send that message, I want to remove my signature.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited September 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    MissTexasB wrote:

Miss B

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Also, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. I too have lost someone close to me, so I feel your pain. Life can truly be cruel to us sometimes, but we keep on going for the sake of our loved ones, even though they may not be with us in person, but in our hearts. xxxx
    WsYdHZD.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top