Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ SANDRAELLE'S SHOWCASE ♥

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited September 2022
    ON THE POND, 30x20 residential lot, 6/10/13

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2013
    2 new lovely homes! I like both of them. The Starter is cute. Love the shape of the build. Inside I love the kitchen/diner and the double bedroom. Lovely colour palette. Already recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

On the Pond looks so pretty! Full of rustic charm! I love the lovely blue that you used for the exterior. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited June 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    2 new lovely homes! I like both of them. The Starter is cute. Love the shape of the build. Inside I love the kitchen/diner and the double bedroom. Lovely colour palette. Already recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

On the Pond looks so pretty! Full of rustic charm! I love the lovely blue that you used for the exterior. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you Yanti for the lovely comments and the recs. :D I incorporated browns in both builds because that was "Lucy's" favorite color (Lucy is one of the sim categories we could build for in the contest). :-)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2013
    Two gorgeous builds, SandraElle! They are both just beautiful

I am getting an OOPS! On your links and studio at the moment, but I will be sure to check again and rec when the site is less wonky!

:)
    T
    edited July 2013
    Two gorgeous builds, SandraElle! They are both just beautiful

I am getting an OOPS! On your links and studio at the moment, but I will be sure to check again and rec when the site is less wonky!

:)
    T

Thank you Taryn, and I appreciate you taking the time to come for a look. I hope the "oops" pages were fixed.

edited February 15
    I've been lazy at updating my creations thread lately, so just now getting around to posting them. These next few posts are my latest builds from this past summer.

===============================================

IRON HORSE RANCH, 40 x 40 residential lot, 7/16/13

Unfortunately, my studio became full and had exceeded the quota limit, so had to start deleting some of my studio items - this is one of them. :(

PICTURES

This house was entered in Skymyst's "Down on the Farm, Part II" contest. The challenge was to decorate a farmhouse shell.

5XYtKsJ.jpg

edited February 15
    SHORELINE LOOKOUT, 40x40 residential lot, 8/17/13 (Built on Castaway Cove in Sunlit Tides)

PICTURES

Families who love the ocean will be in 7th heaven living in this spacious 2 story beach home, where the beach is their playground. It features an attached 4-story lookout tower and is decorated in a beach theme with soothing beachy colors of turquoise, sage green, navy blue and lime greens. You’ll find that this home has numerous spaces for the family to hang out and entertain in. It’s graced with partial wrap around porches on both stories, so there are multiple sitting areas to enjoy the awesome views and tranquil ocean breezes.

Other features include a split bedroom floor plan (a tropical styled master bedroom with a spa-like ensuite bath and 2 children’s bedrooms - a single bed boy's room and a double bed girl's room), 3 bathrooms, a spacious living room, a sitting area, family room, a bunk bed nook for extra sleeping space, two computer niches, a large kitchen with kitchen island, a built-in banquette style dining area, guest quarters and laundry room.

In the lookout tower you’ll find a sunroom on the 1st floor, an art studio on the 2nd floor, a jacuzzi on the 3rd floor and an open air observation deck on the top floor.

Outdoors there is a lovely pool that overlooks the ocean complete with a slide and a built-in bar, a convenient pool bathroom (so the kiddies don't have to run inside), another hot tub, a built-in bbq area and lots of lounge furniture. For added convenience, there are two outdoor showers to wash off that sand -- one by the pool and one outside the back door to the laundry room.

VlbIOOZ.jpg
    edited September 2022
    CLASSY GLASS MODERN, 30x20 residential lot, 9/3/13

edited February 15
    SEA-CLUSION, 40x40 residential lot, 9/8/13

PICTURES

This house was created for leep44508's "Sim's Safe Haven Contest". The challenge was to create any type of build that was considered to be a safe place for your sim. I went with a rock star who wanted to get away from the public eye.

Sea-clusion is a modern beach home designed for rock star Johnny Robbins. He treasures his privacy and enjoys getting away from the limelight when he’s not on tour or staying at his city apartment. He considers this place his safe haven, a place where he can go to relax, unwind, entertain his guests and be protected from the public eye and the paparazzi. It’s totally private with a gated driveway entrance and security gates at all entrances into the home. Once inside the gates and up the stairs to the main level, you’ll be greeted to the private enclosed courtyard pool and terrace. Since one of Johnny’s passions is surfing, he had a beautiful ocean wave mural painted on the wall adjacent to the pool featuring hand laid mosaic tiles. Also off the courtyard and situated directly above the garage is a separate music studio with soundproofed walls and a convenient bathroom. Johnny’s band members will often come to visit and they really enjoy their jam sessions in this space.

spx4sdp.jpg

z9cqX7J.jpg

The house was designed with entertaining and relaxation in mind. Located on the main level is an open concept dining room/living room which includes a piano and a fireplace, a large kitchen with breakfast bar and a spacious TV room that’s open to the top level. Stone accents the walls in both the TV room and the living room.

Q6MVwJn.jpg

A major focal point on this floor is the gigantic aquarium built between the TV room and the game room. The game room features a pool table, a bar, a stereo and built-in seating.

Qodk5EI.jpg

The top level consists of a split bedroom floor plan so that the master suite is private from the two guest bedrooms. Also on this floor is a separate office, an open loft style reading nook with balcony access, and a 4 piece guest bathroom situated near the guest bedrooms. Walls of windows are located in all 3 bedrooms and overlook the courtyard pool. The corridor to the two bedroom wings is open to the TV room below, and captures the ocean views through the windows in the two-story tall TV room.

Sk1HCRS.jpg

There are four balconies in this home to take in the magnificent scenery: a large terrace shared by the master bedroom and reading area, a deck off the kitchen with an outdoor kitchen and stairs to access the beach below, and two small walk-out balconies - one between the kitchen and dining room (accessed through a walkway tucked behind the staircase) and the 2nd one off the larger guest bedroom.

The double garage on the ground level houses Johnny’s sports cars and has an entry into the basement with easy access to the spiral stairs leading up to the main level. The basement level is Johnny’s favorite area. It contains a gym, a bathroom with shower, a refrigerator and counter to keep beverages and snacks handy, a laundry room, another gaming area with a large picture window looking directly into the pool. (The garage also has a view into the opposite side of the pool.) The gaming area has seating space, table tennis, darts and an arcade game. After a hard workout in the gym, Johnny enjoys getting pampered in the massage room which includes an attached sauna room.

LPkC0jC.jpg

Also in the basement is access to a 2nd garage where he keeps his boat, and access to the outdoor basketball court. In the back corner on the other side of the pool sits a private studio apartment where his personal masseuse/housekeeper and her husband live full-time. Her husband takes care of the property for Johnny so he doesn’t have to worry about any maintenance or yard work.

edited May 2019
    THE AFRICAN QUEEN, 12 x 8 Curved Bow Houseboat, 9/22/13

DOWNLOAD

PICTURES

This is my most recent build created for Blythelyre's "Themed Lot Building Contest". The challenge was to build any kind of lot using one of the store sets as your theme. I chose to build a houseboat using the Safari Living set as my theme. (This was my first attempt at making a houseboat so there was a little bit of a learning curve at first, but I look forward to creating more houseboats.)

Lions and tigers and zebras, oh my! This safari themed houseboat has everything your single sim or sim couple needs. The African Queen is decorated with safari wildlife in mind with it’s jungle animal print fabrics and earthly hues throughout. To add to the African flair, you’ll find bold pattern designs, bright splashes of color and lots of wood and rattan textures to compliment the decor.

The Main deck features an open living area with kitchen and a bar and wraparound outdoor deck space. Deck 2 is where you’ll find the helm compartment with it’s large windows and skylight roofing. This deck also consists of a reading room and a spacious media room. Deck 3 (the Sun Deck) is where you can do your workout while taking in the beautiful views, then relax at the art easel or play chess on the covered outdoor deck. Deck 4 (the Sky Deck) is a place to sunbathe or enjoy the stars either in the hot tub or using the telescope. Below deck you'll find the sleeping quarters. There’s a master bedroom and ensuite bath, a full bathroom, a guest room with bunk beds and a laundry room. You can enjoy the ocean life scenery from every room on this deck.

w4OUw9R.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited September 2013
    All your latest builds look great :) It looks great the way you have built and furnished each of them to suit the particular theme, requirements and style of the contests. Each is different and all are done well. Sims will enjoy living in each of them in the various sims worlds!
    Your newest build, the African Queen, is a great safari themed house boat! :) Great themed colours, patterns and textures you have used. Great furnishing of the boat to fit the theme. The safari living set items that you used and the way you placed them in the houseboat looks great. Nice outdoor deck area to sit and relax. The roof top level looks great with the hot tub there under the canopy. Great design and layout of the boat with the various levels. The skylights looks great.
    Great builds! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    5 new builds! WOW! :D You have been busy! :D Love each and every one of them. The ranch is delightful. Love the roof and the cosy interiors. The beach house with the tower has fantastic interiors. Love your colour palette. The kitchen and the bedrooms looks stunning. The 2 modern homes looks gorgeous too. Great architectures. The boat house looks amazing! Love the african theme. :D Beautiful colour combinations and I love the way you have decorated. Recommended all your builds. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    All caught up with your recs, Sandra, and I so enjoyed all the pictures. You have a beautiful studio!

:D T
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    All your latest builds look great :) It looks great the way you have built and furnished each of them to suit the particular theme, requirements and style of the contests. Each is different and all are done well. Sims will enjoy living in each of them in the various sims worlds!
    Your newest build, the African Queen, is a great safari themed house boat! :) Great themed colours, patterns and textures you have used. Great furnishing of the boat to fit the theme. The safari living set items that you used and the way you placed them in the houseboat looks great. Nice outdoor deck area to sit and relax. The roof top level looks great with the hot tub there under the canopy. Great design and layout of the boat with the various levels. The skylights looks great.
    Great builds! :)

Thank you so much Rose for all your encouraging comments. That was the first time I found a way to use those skylights too. I bet there is so much that can be done with those. Have a great day and hope you are feeling better these days. Take care. :D
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    5 new builds! WOW! :D You have been busy! :D Love each and every one of them. The ranch is delightful. Love the roof and the cosy interiors. The beach house with the tower has fantastic interiors. Love your colour palette. The kitchen and the bedrooms looks stunning. The 2 modern homes looks gorgeous too. Great architectures. The boat house looks amazing! Love the african theme. :D Beautiful colour combinations and I love the way you have decorated. Recommended all your builds. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I appreciate your lovely comments Yanti! I can't take credit for the roofing on Iron Horse Ranch, as the shell of the house was done by someone else, I just recolored, decorated and landscaped the lot but I'm glad you liked my interior decor. And I am pretty proud of how my beach house palette turned out, that house was fun to do. I'm not currently building anything at the moment and now I'm itchin' to start something new. Thanks for the recs too! :-)
    edited September 2013
    All caught up with your recs, Sandra, and I so enjoyed all the pictures. You have a beautiful studio!

:D T

Aww, you're so sweet to say so Taryn. And thank you very much for rec'ing them, I appreciate it. :-)
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited September 2013

Hey I thought I had better check your Studio and I had not seen/rec 2 of them, I rather like the Ranch and the childs red room is stunning :mrgreen: Great work as usual. I did leave a comment on the Wall but it did not show, my connection is random today...I said I would recommend any build of yours to anyone :)
    Happy building Sandraelle x
    You know what I want tomorrow :wink: points ready lol
    Hill
    edited September 2013
    Hey I thought I had better check your Studio and I had not seen/rec 2 of them, I rather like the Ranch and the childs red room is stunning :mrgreen: Great work as usual. I did leave a comment on the Wall but it did not show, my connection is random today...I said I would recommend any build of yours to anyone :)
    Happy building Sandraelle x
    You know what I want tomorrow :wink: points ready lol
    Hill

Thanks for visiting Hilary and I appreciate the recs! I'm glad you liked my red and yellow child's room on the ranch house, the configuration was a little strange to work with but I liked how the colors came out. And no I didn't see your comment, but that is so sweet of you to say that. I feel the same way about your builds, they are always so awesome.

And yep, I know you're probably so excited about getting Midnight Hollow tomorrow. I really look forward to seeing what things you create in that world. Hope you have fun. Not sure if I will get that one for a while....am just catching up with other worlds. I'm getting Dragon Valley and Hidden Springs this week. I'm a little behind the times, lol. Also, I just spent a bunch of money fixing up one of my spare bedrooms as a scrapbooking room, so may have to slow down my spending for a bit, lol.
  • HARLEY2HARLEY2 Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Sandra, what a wonderful group of homes you have built, all gorgeous, different and with that wonderful group of bright colors that is very inviting.. love them all, have rec'd and i am looking forward to seeing some more, after you take a breath. lol..
    Sorry its been a while since i was around, RL caught up with me so now i am back.. Jules xx
    edited September 2013
    HARLEY2 wrote:
    Hi Sandra, what a wonderful group of homes you have built, all gorgeous, different and with that wonderful group of bright colors that is very inviting.. love them all, have rec'd and i am looking forward to seeing some more, after you take a breath. lol..
    Sorry its been a while since i was around, RL caught up with me so now i am back.. Jules xx

Thank you so much for visiting Harley, and I appreciate all your nice comments. I know how the RL thing is :D. I actually have two other houses that I built that were never entered in a competition, but have to do all the photos and stuff. Thanks again!
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi sandraelle, you've been busy! Great new lots, such different styles but all fantastic. Rec'd all your latest.
    edited September 2013
    Hi sandraelle, you've been busy! Great new lots, such different styles but all fantastic. Rec'd all your latest.

Well, thank you so much Walkingstick and I'm glad you stopped by to visit, I appreciate it and appreciate the recs too! :-)
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love your interior work~ It's my weakest link when it comes to designing :] So I'm envious, you do an amazing job! Love your builds!
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2013
    The African Queen is stunning! :D I have never thought about doing an African themed houseboat!
    The way you have used colours and patterns like the zebra stripes really help create the African vibe here! :mrgreen: I especially love the living room! The amount of recolouring here is so clear, and the effort you put in to get the theme really shines through!

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
    edited September 2013
    I love your interior work~ It's my weakest link when it comes to designing :] So I'm envious, you do an amazing job! Love your builds!

Thank you very much Oilbased....my weakest links are roofing and landscaping and I don't CFE well, lol, but glad you like my interiors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top