Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 COMING 12/2014 🐸🐸🐸🐸!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** ... Sorry for my improper offensive English. Seriously,according to AMAZON THE release date FOR SIMS4 is December 2014. If that is true why are they showing us trailors now and why pre order a year ahead someone please anwer this.If anyone have a site that says other wise .LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Comments

• MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think that is just a place holder. The date is still unknown. They're still are saying it will come in early 2014; my guess between January and June barring any delays.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited September 2013
    It is just a place marker until EA has officially announce when TS4 comes out. So there is no need to panic. I have seen different dates at the other store sites. I have on the Walmart site the ship date for 6/1/14, which is a Sunday and if that is true then the release date would be 6/3/14. But that is what Walmart has down until EA finally makes an official announcement.
  • DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited September 2013
    I doubt it'll be that long. They aren't going to want a gap too long between the last Sims 3 EP and the Sims 4 - what would they do without all of that revenue in the meanwhile! QUEL HORROR!
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    I doubt it'll be that long. They aren't going to want a gap too long between the last Sims 3 EP and the Sims 4 - what would they do without all of that revenue in the meanwhile! QUEL HORROR!

Release Store worlds and premium content.
  • SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013
    If they release a sims mystery world where a VERY scary mystery has to be solved (and the simmer has to find clues, etc) THAT would get EA tons of money. Nancy Drew books and Nancy Drew Vid games are EXTREMELY popular.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    Releasing a carnival world like the one that won a poll several years ago would make them tons of money as well.
  • Chris3423131Chris3423131 Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2013
    The Sims 4 is suppose to be in stores by March 2014.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited September 2013
    The Sims 4 is suppose to be in stores by March 2014.

All of the dates that have been posted by different websites is just rumors until EA finally announces the release date. So I wouldn't go around believing anything until EA says otherwise... :wink:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :D

Woot! Sooon.... I'm ready to try a new Sims game. I so hope it's got fun base game play. It's been almost five years with TS3.

@catloverplayer -I've been waiting for a good carnival since TS... It would be so Awesome for a TS3 world while we wait for TS4. :mrgreen:
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited September 2013
    So its late on nextyear? Good :D I want to keep using TS3 for as long as possible :D December is fine if a new one has to come out XD Nice and far away
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ashleymw81 wrote:
    *** ... Sorry for my improper offensive English. Seriously,according to AMAZON THE release date FOR SIMS4 is December 2014. If that is true why are they showing us trailors now and why pre order a year ahead someone please anwer this.If anyone have a site that says other wise .LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Another site has it March 25, 2014..which is on Tues. when games have been released in the past on Tuesdays? right?

I well known site..heck it just slipped my mind.

And the time frame of how far apart the usual gap has been between series is at least 6 months after one ends and the other begins. (Not necessarly after the last SP) but after the last EP.

TS3 is a little different since they sell worlds..so the gap may be after the last world...instead of counting six months apart from last EP to new game...and then marketing will hold off to advertize heavily if the hype isn't there..and delay the game..as they did TS3. They delayed the game to rent Time Square's big screen, post billboards and more...I suppose all that worked since so many of TS2 players weren't going to make the change and that was known 'months' before the game was due out in Feb. 2009...last EP for the TS2 was Aug. 26th 2008.

We didn't count (those that look at release dates) the last SP as a time frame...and so if TS3 hadn't been delayed it would have fallen right into the 6 month gap between new series.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited September 2013
    The December date is just a placeholder right now.

The current estimated release date (based off of what EA has said in addition to listings on a few different sites) is currently March 26th 2014. That will likely be the official date unless it gets delayed.

Just be patient. If the game DOES get delayed it'll be because it just wasn't quite ready for release.. and it does nobody any good for them to release a buggy, unfinished product just so that people can have it "as soon as possible".

Sims 3 was delayed for 3 months I believe, so something similar happening with Sims 4 is probably highly likely.

Also: Like Cinebar mentioned above.. if they don't get as many preorders as they would like before March, they might delay it just to do more advertising.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'll be surprised if it's released before December of 2014. I'm used to companies setting dates and then moving them. But who knows?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    March 25th is the most plausible date I've seen so far. I remember something from EA said early 2014, and Graham said on Twitter nine months before March that if someone were to get pregnant now, the due date would be around the release of TS4.

That leads us to March, and the 25th is a Tuesday, which is the street date in the US... all games release on Tuesday in the US.
  • TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    I really hope that's the true date. I want them to sit on it for awhile and make sure it's well built. I certainly won't mind. :)
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited September 2013
    I kinda agree with TRachet.

Should be great news considering all the negativity on this forum :>
  • AussieAdoresSimsAussieAdoresSims Posts: 554 Member
    edited September 2013
    The only site i trust is this site on the exact date of release. i predict june 2014 since the future game is out early next year (i think)