Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIM Rant_ I care about my SIMS Darnit

*** S4, Why come out when S3 still has missing, unfinished, and haven't been thought of elements?

I'm a Simmer. I love being a Simmer. And ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ I love the SIMS. And that why I point out these things.

A. CAS

1. No height sliders - Really. Come on babe, there are folks of different height.

2. Not enough ethnic styles, And barely any short female style hair opt.

3. Being able to select music personality for SIM Child but not able to use it. Babe, the SIMS Child is probably between age 8 - 10. Why don't you design the SIM Child to do this? Ugh.

B. The game play

1. The AI is terrible. You invite other SIMS for an indoor party, they get there on time but stand outside like freakin' *********. The door's not locked... I invited everyone in... But really, still standing outside like 'who done it and why' Sheeesh. Another example - Food plate for all SIMS to enjoy. I select "Call all to meal" and the SIMS either pile on each other or take 3 freakin' SIMS hours to grab a freakin' plate.

2. Rabbit Holes - Sure, I guess it has to be done, but why not have it done with optional watchable cut scenes of the Sim/Sims succeeding or fumbling in whatever the rabbit hole is made for.

3. Night Life Subway doesn't function half of the time. - FAIL

C. Town Edit

1. Edit Town Opts should be an opt in Game Start Up, not when you go all through the freakin' game. What if I want to build my universe before I go into CAS? No, gotta go in gameplay first... ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.

2. Multiple function lots don't exist - Well that's a fail. In many places around the world have Commercial hangouts/businesses constructed on the bottom or even the top of Residential structures. So I guess no building any store front, hotel, apartment combo for me, because you guys apparently haven't thought to design it for gameplay use.

D. Expansion and Stuff Packs

1. Not enough usable content - FAIL

2. AMBITIONS should've had more business content - Not milk the customer by later adding to Sleepy Hallow.

RANT OVER

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2013
    Swearing is not going to help you.

The main reason for no height sliders is because it would make programming many animations difficult if not impossible. Imagine a really tall Sim trying to romantically kiss her very short romantic interest, or that very short romantic interest trying to give the tall Sim a massage.

I happen to like rabbit holes -- after watching my Sims sleep through a lecture at University I'm more than happy to keep them. :roll:

Actually you can go to Edit Town before you start playing a new family -- I do it all the time. Instead of clicking on one of the household options, just click on the button with the three little dots and choose Edit Town, and there you are.

I've found plenty of usable content in the Expansion packs -- less so in the Stuff packs except for some outfits I like.

I'll agree with you on the AI -- that's why I use mods that help things a bit. Still on the fence about Sims 4, and even more so after finding out they're taking CASt away which is one of the best features of Sims 3.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :D

TS3 has 11 expansions- that's a lot. It is finished. It can't have everything.

From my understanding, they're not going to have height sliders because they'd have to program actions for each height for each action and interaction. Not just once but for every height....

Lots of Store stuff- more than any previous Sims game.

Music personality? I'm not understanding that but it's a sandbox game- make it happen. :D

- Routing and pathing is the biggest problem of TS3- time to move on to a new Game Engine which can handle more Sims.

-Rabbit holes are a feature of this game.

-Yes they do... what is going wrong with your subway? :(

-Fail? The whole world is open and it's a fail cause you can't live and work on one lot? YOu can MAKE it like they can- build an apartment upstairs and let them live there if that's what you want. Or a store downstairs- it's a Sandbox game.

.... 11 Expansion- Huge Store... :shock:

... they didn't repeat, they opened up careers and made new careers. :shock:

Uhm, okay. :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2013
    They aren't allowed to make a perfect game.
    Otherwise you would not buy The Sims 4. :wink:

If I were totally happy with TS3, I would not be considering TS4 at all.
    Of course EA hurt that by not adding Create-A-Style with TS4. Now TS4 is a wait and see after 3 or 4 EPs, or skip the series entirely.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited September 2013
    How come you capitalize each letter in "sims"? Just asking...it's as though you are putting emphasis on the word for no reason.
    3. Being able to select music personality for SIM Child but not able to use it. Babe, the SIMS Child is probably between age 8 - 10. Why don't you design the SIM Child to do this? Ugh.
    Not exactly sure what you mean here.
  • SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013

The main reason for no height sliders is because it would make programming many animations difficult if not impossible. Imagine a really tall Sim trying to romantically kiss her very short romantic interest, or that very short romantic interest trying to give the tall Sim a massage.

I happen to like rabbit holes -- after watching my Sims sleep through a lecture at University I'm more than happy to keep them. :roll:

Actually you can go to Edit Town before you start playing a new family -- I do it all the time. Instead of clicking on one of the household options, just click on the button with the three little dots and choose Edit Town, and there you are.

I've found plenty of usable content in the Expansion packs -- less so in the Stuff packs except for some outfits I like.

I'll agree with you on the AI -- that's why I use mods that help things a bit. Still on the fence about Sims 4, and even more so after finding out they're taking CASt away which is one of the best features of Sims 3.

omg omg omg is it TRUE they are taking away CAS in Sims 4? (cries, cries)
    Then I won't be able to create or DL real life celebrity sims (famous ppl of MY choosing?)
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    edited September 2013
    Remember, the team creating TheSims4 is the same who created the disaster of a game called SimCity 5. I'm not talking about DRM -- which was simply a diversion from the real problem -- but the horrific execution of the gameplay. It was dumbed down so much and so many features were removed from what gamers expected.

I have no confidence that TheSims4 will be a game that we'll enjoy. It's unfortunate.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2013
    SloanyBear wrote:

omg omg omg is it TRUE they are taking away CAS in Sims 4? (cries, cries)
    Then I won't be able to create or DL real life celebrity sims (famous ppl of MY choosing?)

CASt, create-a-style. Not CAS, create-a-sim. I can't even begin to imagine the stupidity of getting rid of CAS... not being able to even create your own sim would really kind of kill the purpose of the game (so don't give them ideas :lol: ). No CASt is bad enough. You'll be able to create and likely download real life celebrity sims.
  • TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited September 2013
    It's sad to read the first post, yes, The Sims 3 can be improved still, But there's a limit to what can be done.
    Personally, height sliders don't matter to me.
    You actually CAN, I repeat, CAN go into edit town before you CREATE A SIM!
    Just because you feel the expansions didn't have enough won;t really change anything, the sims 3 is D O N E, as I recall they are making a new game called.. oh what was it... oh right... THE SIMS 4!
    Maybe, just maybe. You can hold in your anger and wait like everyone else for all the stuff that YOU want. Because one person will DEFINITELY affect what the game designers will give you.

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2013
    Height sliders are not and were not going to happen in the sims 3. This is not reason for them to not have gone ahead with sims 4. They'd have to completely redo animations, because the interactions are not designed to work between heights. Trust me when a sim is kissing the air while another sim kisses their chest because they are standing at different heights and the interactions are not designed to handle that, it looks incredibly awkward and stupid, and can completely ruin a perfectly nice moment. I'll take same height sims thank-you very much. If this was going to be done (and I doubt it ever will, because that is a lot of work), it would be done in a new game, not an existing one. I consider height a pointless argument.

? I don't understand what you are getting at here.

Okay, the AI is pretty bad. It often frustrates me.

Sometimes I love rabbitholes, like when it means I can get rid of a sim for a day while they work, so I can focus on the rest of the family without having to watch over what they are doing. I really don't need to watch my sims grocery shop, it's not exciting. Or watch them tour city hall, or attend a sports game or a movie. Not exciting. Seldom are rabbitholes a really big deal to me, I don't really like when my sims go on a date in a rabbithole, but whatever.

I bought Late Night the day it came out, I've never had a problem with the subway.

If it's a new town and you don't yet have an active family you can go into edit town first. Besides it's just clicking a couple buttons to get into edit town. No big deal. 95% of the time I want to go right into game play. Going into edit town when I don't is not a big deal. I mean it would be a nice option to have, but it's not such a big deal that they should keep from making sims 4 because this isn't an option yet. It doesn't make sims 3 incomplete or anything.

Not enough useable content? Really? We have a fair bit of content. I do feel like SP's don't tend to have enough content to justify their cost, but still. The only SP I still have is diesel. I only still have about half the EP's. I still wouldn't say we don't have enough content, we have a fair bit. Maybe if you only have the base game and an EP or two, but they can't include everything in the base game.
  • StarlingPowersStarlingPowers Posts: 26
    edited September 2013
    I never had a problem with CAS as a whole. I like CAS. I was only pointing out the missing elements I found. I spelled Sims like SIMS because when looking on the box I thought the word 'SIMS' was written in all caps. Silly me, but it does look that way, at least to me :/
    No, swearing doesn't accomplish anything, that's true and I'm not going to deny the fact but I did state I was ranting; and when one is ranting, what you feel is said, messy swear words and all.

And... despite my rant I'm still looking forward to Sleepy Hollow, Future, and the Moo Cow pack in the SimStore :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2013
    I understand what you are saying about music - Sims can be born with the virtuoso trait, or get it as a new trait at any age, but children cannot play instruments, & it would be jolly good if that was not the case in Sims 4. Which I don't have an interest in getting anyway, without CASt.

Now, it's quite possible that's been discussed in the Sims 4 section, but every time I go& look at threads there, people seem to be very hostile to one another... so I don't go there often!
  • YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've never found any of these to be problems in my game..
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    I've never found any of these to be problems in my game..
    This.
    Besides, you can focus on things that could be better, or you can focus on the great things the game has to offer. I don't choose to do the second, it just happens when I play.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited September 2013
    Not enough usable content? :shock: Between the base game, expansion packs with LE content, stuff packs and store content PLUS CC is more than enough for the game. I don't even have all of my store content installed because there are too many options, I'd never get to get any play time lol.

We are finally getting an OFB gameplay element with Midnight Hollow. It may be possible to create a store with an apartment on the top floor on a residential lot. Course your sim will have to own the store. Plus with Uni we have the option for roommates now, so it can be life like.

Twallan's Mods do help with the fail of Story Progression and other issues and gives the player a LOT more control.

Besides, the expansions and stuff packs may be done, but I honestly can't see the Sims 3 store being closed down any time soon. I am sure they will be adding content there until the well runs dry because everyone has moved on to Sims 5 8)
    edited September 2013
    Sincerely, I'm not trying to annoy but I had it wrong when I thought CAS was going to be gone in Sims 4 and YAY that it's not...BUT...when that simmer said CASt will be gone (Create-A-Style) I am not sure what that term is applied to. Is Create-A-Style that cool awesome area in the CAS room where you have a whole inventory of patterns to select from and then decorate build-decors or clothing? Or is Create-A-Style that colour-wheel where u can change your makeup shades & hair dyes? Someone, please could you describe visually what CASt is? I am just shuddering, shivering about what important creative tool will be missing in Sims 4. Like many, many simmers, I come to the game with a DEEP need to create, create, create...and I am so scared of what will be gone now. What is CASt please? (omg I think I have asked the same question a few times, sorry but I'm truly SO sad.)
    edited September 2013
    Please anyone? What part of our sims game is called CASt? It will be missing in Sims 4 but what is CASt? I don't know what it is...could you explain what it is please? (I'm scared it's the Patterns fun :( for redecorating)
  • EmraldMoon06EmraldMoon06 Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2013
    *** S4, Why come out when S3 still has missing, unfinished, and haven't been thought of elements?

I'm a Simmer. I love being a Simmer. And ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ I love the SIMS. And that why I point out these things.

A. CAS

1. No height sliders - Really. Come on babe, there are folks of different height.

2. Not enough ethnic styles, And barely any short female style hair opt.

B. The game play

1. The AI is terrible. You invite other SIMS for an indoor party, they get there on time but stand outside like freakin' *********. The door's not locked... I invited everyone in... But really, still standing outside like 'who done it and why' Sheeesh. Another example - Food plate for all SIMS to enjoy. I select "Call all to meal" and the SIMS either pile on each other or take 3 freakin' SIMS hours to grab a freakin' plate.

2. Rabbit Holes - Sure, I guess it has to be done, but why not have it done with optional watchable cut scenes of the Sim/Sims succeeding or fumbling in whatever the rabbit hole is made for.

3. Night Life Subway doesn't function half of the time. - FAIL

C. Town Edit

1. Edit Town Opts should be an opt in Game Start Up, not when you go all through the freakin' game. What if I want to build my universe before I go into CAS? No, gotta go in gameplay first... ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.

2. Multiple function lots don't exist - Well that's a fail. In many places around the world have Commercial hangouts/businesses constructed on the bottom or even the top of Residential structures. So I guess no building any store front, hotel, apartment combo for me, because you guys apparently haven't thought to design it for gameplay use.

D. Expansion and Stuff Packs

1. Not enough usable content - FAIL

2. AMBITIONS should've had more business content - Not milk the customer by later adding to Sleepy Hallow.

RANT OVER

I agree with you on a lot of these and on the fact that The Sims 4 was pushed out too soon. But for one thing the height sliders would seriously mess up the game and I think that if their weren't rabbit holes it would be a lot to deal with ( Imagine all the animations and things they would have to do) and the game would probably have to be 3x bigger with all of that added on and if you're really jouncing for hieght sliders in your game there is a mod for it over at MTS if you're into the whole modding thing. And on the Brightside, at least there adding in really needed things finally such as in the options to have more houses and to move towns with the phone which makes me way more than satisfied :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :!:.
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited September 2013
    SloanyBear wrote:
    Please anyone? What part of our sims game is called CASt? It will be missing in Sims 4 but what is CASt? I don't know what it is...could you explain what it is please? (I'm scared it's the Patterns fun :( for redecorating)

Create A Style
  • mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited September 2013
    SloanyBear wrote:

Create-a-style is the tool in create-a-sim and build/buy mode that allows you to change the pattern/colour of the outfit/object to whatever you wish.

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2013
    What is AI?

I understand the frustration with not being able to make use of a child's traits, such as virtuoso, especially when my virtuoso child sims wish to buy a guitar. If they can't play it, they shouldn't be wishing to get one. And if an athletic child works out with the TV, they should get a head start on the athletic skill, like they get for painting, logic, etc. from toddler toys and books. But for me, it's just a minor annoyance, when I even think of it at all.

There is plenty to do without those things. I only have 2 EPs, and I feel my game is just fine with those. I wouldn't want them to put everything in the base game, because there are some things I don't want to have anything to do with. Besides, if they did, they would have to charge for it. They couldn't afford to do it for any less than they are getting from the way they're doing it now, meaning some of us would be paying a huge price for a lot of stuff we don't want. I wouldn't ever have bought the game under those circumstances.

And I like rabbitholes, for all the reasons others have mentioned. I wouldn't want to have to direct all of my sims' work. I avoid having more than one or two in a household with self-employment jobs, and never, ever have more than one in a household with a profession, and no self-employed sims in the household with them. Even for single sims, I like that the job speeds along and gets that out of the way faster so I can get to the more interesting things.
    edited September 2013
    Now I'm in a BLACK FUNK knowing Create-A-Style will be missing in SIms 4. it made decorating exquisite in Sims 3. There was NO CASt in Sims 2 and I was wishing for it daily. :*(
    :*(
    Every bedroom in Sims 2 had the same few bedspreads...it was decorating HELL.
    :*(
  • readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited September 2013
    Height sliders would be super hard