Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here are some of the Midnight Hollow pics I'm sharing on Twitter!

Comments

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited September 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Every picture just gets better and better. I can't wait for this world to be released. It's so spooky! Perfect for Spooky Day! I may have to finally create that family of vampires I've been thinking about creating for some time (keep in mind I don't play a lot of the lifestates but this world just seems perfect for them.)

This would be a perfect world for someone who usually doesn't play with the different occults/supernaturals to finally experiment playing with them! They would fit right in. Not just vampires, but werewolfs especially would fit well here. Throw in some fairies (dark or otherwise), some goth genies, maybe steampunk mermaids and witches, and some victorian IFs would fit right in with/at the Toy Store! Ghosts would look good/more appropiate with the darker backdrop I think, and even some darker-themed plant sims would fit.

I love all the supernaturals (love the diversity!) so I have been excited about this world since I first saw it!

BUn6j_nCIAEHmEF.jpg:large

Sorry for so many red shots, but this was too pretty not to share.

Love it, reminds me a lot of some of the glaciers we have up here. Well, minus the red sky. Thanks for posting up all the pictures!
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited September 2013
    I want this world NOW!!! Love the pictures, thanks for sharing them!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited September 2013
    Great googly moogly! :mrgreen: Thanks for the pic of the blood skies!
    I haven't seen any issues with snow in Midnight Hollow. It actually lightens things up quite nicely.

BUn0nyICYAAg3kb.jpg:large

PLEASE tell us, will there be a red terrain paint included? I'm looking forward to bloodbathing my terrains! OH, excuse me, I said the B-word--I meant PLASMA!!! :twisted:
    Funny story... I set the season to fall and didn't see much change where I was. Then it occurred to me I was in a forest of dead trees.

It happens. :lol:
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Am I the only one that wants to click the 'more' button in the toy crafting station screenshot?

IKR!? :lol:
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited September 2013
    Gorgeously- spooky pictures!! I absolutely love this world already!! I will most definitely be getting the gold edition on Thursday! Also, I would like to add that Mr. Copeland, you and the store team have really outdone yourselves!! Please let them all know how very pleased the vast majority of us are!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited September 2013
    SimGuruCopeland is that a doll? I was just wonderin'. x.X
    Even if it's just decorative it's really cute. =)

2fsy.jpg

Edit lol Murfeel, it's driving me nuts. =P
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    SimGuruCopeland, You sir are the Cat's Pajamas!

thank you :)<3
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited September 2013
    Didn't think I could be more in love with this world, then I saw all these red sky pics.
    Never thought we'd ever see something like this in a Sims game. Have totally run out of adjectives, but suffice to say you've blown away the next expansion imo, excited as I was for Into the Future this just beats everything!

• DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2013
    Functioning snow! The small shadow that was lurking in the back of my mind has been lifted.

*counts days til Thursday*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:

2fsy.jpg

I thought they had mentioned these in the LB (there are some in the front of the toy store with new nutcracker dolls). They are a "creepy" doll as she called it, but she did not mention what they do. Assume they are similar to the teddy bears we have that the kids can play/cuddle. Unsure, though.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2013
    Love the pics. Thanks for sharing them Guru Copeland. :D
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2013
    I do not have a Twitter account, but I was able to find SimGuruCopeland's twitter page and found links to a few more pics that weren't on here. :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUnp1jPCMAEW5of.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUiin3NCQAAwx3m.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUn0nyICYAAg3kb.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUoyonhCYAAPSHO.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUnnhbyCMAAgN_A.jpg:large

Also, SimGuruCopeland said om his Twitter page that the blood red sky is a random weather pattern that only comes at dusk/dawn. So, it sounds like it's similar to the green lights in Aurora Skies that are random as well. That I hadn't heard/seen anywhere so wanted to share for those who did not know as well. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    I can't wait for this world and those pictures look gorgious!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:

2fsy.jpg

I thought they had mentioned these in the LB (there are some in the front of the toy store with new nutcracker dolls). They are a "creepy" doll as she called it, but she did not mention what they do. Assume they are similar to the teddy bears we have that the kids can play/cuddle. Unsure, though.

Finally some nutcrackers. I can use these for christmas decorating. I hope we can recolor them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2013
    Click on picture to enlarge.

The lots and there are lots of empty ones

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my, those pictures are absolutely beautiful. I can't tell you how long I've wished for a world in perpetual twilight, particularly for my vampires.
    I'm really looking forward to the release. It's a stunner.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited September 2013
    It is beautiful!! Could you possibly give us a breakdown of some of the larger lot sizes please? Or at least verify if there will be several 50x40 lots and maybe a 60x40? Have to say this world is breathtaking or, being old I just forgot to breathe when I saw it LoL, have a great weekend ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2013
    One vampire turns to the other, "Are you feeling thirsty?"
    BUns7PuCYAAHJ3djpglarge.jpg

This town should look even more surreal in the dead of winter.
    BUnlrtBCYAAnLxVjpglarge.jpg

It's reminding me of those Ghost Hunter shows taking place in creepy hospitals and mental institutions.
    BUnnDjjCcAA5rdfjpglarge.jpg

The roof end decor reminds me of Art Nouveau. Do we have any Art Nouveau furniture?
    BUnmd1NCEAAgk1Yjpglarge.jpg

Oh, yeah, it does look more surreal in winter. :lol:
    BUfCO0uCMAE3HfXjpglarge.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2013
    *drools* BREATHTAKING! Need I say more? lol I have a feeling I'm going to be taking a lot of photos of this world to use as my desktop background. lol
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow. It so needs to be the 26th already. I am super excited.
    Im not out of work until 6pm that day, but I have the next day off.
    I might just veg out on Sims all day. hahah I feel bad for my hubby.
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited September 2013
    tlc10175 wrote:

2fsy.jpg

Finally some nutcrackers. I can use these for christmas decorating. I hope we can recolor them.

I sure hope we can make a doll. How do you make a toy store that doesn't make dolls for little girls to play with. :roll:
  • NewYork7NewYork7 Posts: 661 Member
    edited September 2013

Thanks for sharing these pics with us, I'm so very excited for this world, Thursday can't come soon enough :D

Toy shop and the new toys makes me want this world even more!
  • pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited September 2013
    Click on picture to enlarge.

The lots and there are lots of empty ones

So happy to see that pic. I was worried that the mountains would prevent us from adding lots to the world and there wouldn't be enough available. I doubt there will be alot of room to add lots due to the mountains, but it looks like there is a lot of empty lots so it's ok.
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    One vampire turns to the other, "Are you felling thirsty?"
    BUns7PuCYAAHJ3djpglarge.jpg

:lol:

This is a stunning picture, though. I can not wait to move my Children of Darkness to Midnight Hollow.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited September 2013
    Darkling, know just what you mean. Have spent most of the evening flaffing about in Bridgeport and Appaloossa Plains just re-arranging stuff, can't really get into the game proper with my vampire family as they're all moving world in a weeks time.

That screenshot is just extraordinary CK213, like it belongs to a completely different game!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:
    Darkling, know just what you mean. Have spent most of the evening flaffing about in Bridgeport and Appaloossa Plains just re-arranging stuff, can't really get into the game proper with my vampire family as they're all moving world in a weeks time.

That screenshot is just extraordinary CK213, like it belongs to a completely different game!

That color really took me by surprise.
    I thought the blue in Supernatural was a bit strange. I liked it, but thought it still strange. That red is surreal. 8)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds