Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Write down the things you don't like about WA!

2...Next

Comments

• martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2009
    A topic bashing a game that they havn't even played is really not helpful. Especially when they gripe about untrue things. And trust me, we have tried to point out the positives, but the complainers only blow it off and go "But it doesn't ......." or " But I wanted ..." or " I HAZ MY OPINION! I haz right to say it everywhere!"

Then why are you here? You're in a thread where the topic states very clearly what the subject matter is. You don't think it is helpful. Others do, and still others may just be curious as to whether others may dislike it for the same reason, or perhaps they overlooked something which may in fact change their opinion. Just because one subject isn't helpful to you doesn't mean that it isn't to others. Are there no other threads that you could have gone into since clearly this topic upsets you so? I see several on the World Adventure board right now that probably would be more palatable to your way of thinking.

And frankly, there are just as many who have complete starry eyed devotion to whatever EA throws out there in Sim Land. So your complaint about those who find things wrong could just as easily apply to those from the opposite side of the aisle. But since you've already made your decision, it's easy for you not to notice that fact or turn a blind eye to it because it may disagree with your sensibilities.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited September 2009
    NassT wrote:
    isent it too early for this thread considering WA ISENT OUT!!!!!

The thing I dislike about it is all the people criticizing it who haven't even played it yet.

agreed . ill wait till its actually out before i judge it either way . you can no more say you dont like a band youve never listened to than you can say you like/dislike an EP that you havent played
  • FeldynnFeldynn Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2009
    Oh yes yes. A topic about bashing a game not out, not very well if you say untrue things, is extremely serious and civil. And they started the spams of "WA SUCKS!" and "ZOMG I DON"T LIKE THIS EP!!!". So, I say we have the right to complain about the excessive complaining that these few do. (I think the haters are in the minority, they just gripe the most. *hints how there is alot of annomyness complaining, so it seems like alot more then it truly is*)

A topic bashing a game that they havn't even played is really not helpful. Especially when they gripe about untrue things. And trust me, we have tried to point out the positives, but the complainers only blow it off and go "But it doesn't ......." or " But I wanted ..." or " I HAZ MY OPINION! I haz right to say it everywhere!"

The glass is half full my young grasshopper, not half empty.

I guess where you see a topic bashing the game I see someone trying to discuss the current EP information and aspects that they don't like, and finding out new info about one thing they didn't like (i.e. they found out you can take a simple vacation and they had thought you couldn't). Then come the "waaah, stop complaining.. it isn't even out yet!" comments, sure they have a right to complain too but the vibe I often get is that they want one rule for they who like the EP and another rule for those who dislike it based on the info we have.

They want to be allowed to sing the praises of how the EP is shaping up but expect everyone that dislikes it to keep their opinions to themselves until the game is released.. my point is that if people want / expect to be able to voice positive opinions about it then those who dislike it should equally be allowed to voice less positive opinions without being told to shut up or quit dragging everyone down.

The glass may be half full, it may be half empty.. either way, I'm just glad I have a glass ;).
  • Daisy745Daisy745 Posts: 533 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Feldynn wrote:
    isent it too early for this thread considering WA ISENT OUT!!!!!
    Given the information that we've received thus far, no it's not too early for a thread like this at all. We've had a fair amount of information about the EP's core structure and specifically about the Egypt destination, people are already deciding how great and awesome the EP is going to be based on the same amount of information as those who currently dislike it.

Of course, that may change in time, there will be more information released about the other destinations and some people that currently love the EP may not like it as much or some of those that dislike it right now may start liking it after they read new information.

I has complaint about WA!

1. NOW this one is serious. It like completely causes issues. I mean come on. I hate it so much. I can't believe it. I hate it. Zomg how could they do this! IT is...... I hate the army of complainers that think their complaints want listened to on every thread. For realz!1!! :mrgreen:
    Just like I'm sure they love seeing posts like this pop up in the middle of a perfectly civil thread, the OP even found out that one thing they didn't like had been remedied somewhat (they thought you couldn't take a vacation to the new places, which we now know you can even though it's currently in a limited capacity).

Threads like this can prove useful (as mentioned above) and interesting if people are willing to participate in them, I for one find it useful to see both sides of the discussion regardless of where I actually stand on the topic. It's interesting to me to see what people like and dislike about the coming EP and why, some of their comments may very well influence my overall decision about the EP too. Sadly though it seems like I'm in the minority there, rather than countering the negative points / comments with any kind of thought out reply, a lot of people that like the EP would rather try to dismiss them with basic one-liners and comments like "If you don't like it, don't buy it!" or "ZOMG, shut up and quit complaining!!" and so on.

C'est la vie.

Oh, that last paragrah is SO true.

And I just dislike the price. I mean c'mon, I'm already bored with TS3, I'm serious, I didn't play the game in a loong time now, and not planning to. The EP's probably going to be the same. Entertain us for a month or two, and then, meh. Back to the terrible kingdom of boredom. (Trust me, it's worse then it sounds.)

But may be that's just me. Some people are actually addicted to the game...well, that's what they say anyway...

Oh, and why can't people just leave complainers alone. We do it for fun. Plus, they're total hypocrites then, because they're complaining...about complainers. O wow.
  • basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited September 2009
    its not even out yet!
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2009
    Feldynn wrote:
    bufflee wrote:
    No, we don't have enough info to judge the EP. We still haave China and France to see. Seriously Feldynn what do you have againts people who like the EP?

I don't have anything against people who like the EP persay, what do they have against people who don't like it?

Because they're basing what they don't like on what they don't see even though they have only seen, and not much at that, only one destination. Take hotels and restaurants. The people see a tent in the video and a review that said, "base camp" and base their dislike on not seeing a hotel & restaurant in Al SimHara are saying, "A FRAGGING TENT!!! WHERE'S THE HOTELS, THE RESTAURANTS!?!. Note to EA: show the darn hotel and restaurant or they will spread disinformation and negative advertising.
    edited September 2009
    Jaeger wrote:
    Feldynn wrote:
    bufflee wrote:
    No, we don't have enough info to judge the EP. We still haave China and France to see. Seriously Feldynn what do you have againts people who like the EP?

I don't have anything against people who like the EP persay, what do they have against people who don't like it?

Because they're basing what they don't like on what they don't see even though they have only seen, and not much at that, only one destination. Take hotels and restaurants. The people see a tent in the video and a review that said, "base camp" and base their dislike on not seeing a hotel & restaurant in Al SimHara are saying, "A FRAGGING TENT!!! WHERE'S THE HOTELS, THE RESTAURANTS!?!. Note to EA: show the darn hotel and restaurant or they will spread disinformation and negative advertising.

Something similar could be said about those that like the EP, they're basing their likes and positive opinions on the same information we all know right now. They like the things we've been told about Egypt so they assume the rest of the EP is going to be just as good and awesome without knowing anything about the rest of the content.. for all they know it could turn out that the other two destinations are not to their liking at all. Just as those who dislike the current released info may find some features they like that EA hasn't yet released.

The thing is though, no one makes a fuss about the people who praise the EP based on only knowing info about the one destination.. yet those people are quick to jump on others who don't like it based on the very same information. They want one rule for themselves and different rules for everyone else.. or at least that's how it appears to me.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2009
    Lets see..

I don't like quests, I'd rather see my Sims do group study for eight semesters and throw sports parties.

I don't like mummies. Zombies are way cooler.

I don't like that Sims don't take off their shoes when they squish grapes. That's gross.

I don't like China.

There should be aliens. Everyone knows that aliens built the pyramids.

I don't like that they substituted the bubble blower for that snake charm basket thingy. Lame.

I don't like that the only thing to eat in China is Chinese food.

I don't like that there is no "mounting the Camel" animation. More lameness.

I don't like that my Sims can't swim in the Nile with the crocodiles.

I don't like that there is no Seasons, Pets, or magic. I want to be able to walk my dog in Paris in the springtime with an invisible leash.

I don't like chopsticks...dumbest invention ever.

Sims should have pianos, bass guitars and drums..... with cowbells.. lots of cowbells. 8)

• JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2009
    What's not to like about easy-bake 4 level basements? Cottoneye is already planning renovations. :mrgreen: I love the underground house concept. And for the superhero/adventurer players making an underground base below the 3-level gothic manor behind a secret door/elevator on a 60x60 lot is frigging fantastic. Want an easier way to hide the rabbit holes and build your own facade be it modern to rustic, Little-house-on-the-prairie-like - it's possible.

What I see right now is game-making, every thing else is gravy.

Now, later on there may be some sore spots with the ep, like if the Martial Arts skill doesn't make you a better fighter against another sim of an equal Level of Athletic. But just because it doesn't, I'm not going to think, "This blows! The whole thing is BUSTED!!! I'm going to tell everybody not to get it because the Martial Arts is broken! DANG YOU EAxis of Evil, DANG YOU!!!"
  • QEEboyQEEboy Posts: 1,420 New Member
    edited September 2009
    It's too realistic and too expensive!
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    martymcfly wrote:

Then why are you here? You're in a thread where the topic states very clearly what the subject matter is. You don't think it is helpful. Others do, and still others may just be curious as to whether others may dislike it for the same reason, or perhaps they overlooked something which may in fact change their opinion. Just because one subject isn't helpful to you doesn't mean that it isn't to others. Are there no other threads that you could have gone into since clearly this topic upsets you so? I see several on the World Adventure board right now that probably would be more palatable to your way of thinking.

And frankly, there are just as many who have complete starry eyed devotion to whatever EA throws out there in Sim Land. So your complaint about those who find things wrong could just as easily apply to those from the opposite side of the aisle. But since you've already made your decision, it's easy for you not to notice that fact or turn a blind eye to it because it may disagree with your sensibilities.

I am so with Martymcfly on this one. If you don't like the topic then don't waste your time here.

It is kinda early for me say what I dislike about the game considering it's not even out yet but so far the only thing that is getting on my nerves is the fact that there will likely be no hotels. I mean who would want to go to France at a muddy old campground instead of a hotel?! Also, at some point during the sims3...EA should let our sims swim in the ocean!! Other than those I am so far happy for what the EP is. :D

I don't mind the quests at all!!
  • rizusanrizusan Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2009
    boneys62 wrote:
    **** this thread started early, can we at least play the game before we moan at EA's hard work?

Yeah, that. Seriously.
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    Really I think it will be just as boring as the base game! I don't need to play it just sit and watch EA and I can tell you how it will turn out!

Seems a lot of games are going this way! very shallow gameplay. I remember back in the days when you could play the same game for years and not get as bored as I am right now with TS3.

For example Diablo 2 I still play it what 8 years later? Would I do this with TS3 eight years from now? Not a chance!

World Adventures is not going to do diddly for me! I could careless about quests because they will be boring. I already seen this in the video of the gameplay!

Just makes me mad that The Sims 3 could be a great game we play for years and years and now they are doing the same thing they did to Spore to TS3!

I wish companies would return back to the good old days when they where actually proud about the games they released. Today it seems like push the game out the door who cares if the player gets bored within a month or two. Profits first not game play!

It's not just EA that has taken this route the whole PC gaming has gone down hill the past five years and will continue to do so until companies wake up and realize that what they did way back then is what works!

I really do not think that World Adventures is going to make me get addicted to The Sims 3 like I was to TS2. I think it will be the last straw for me.

Yes I am getting it but I can already tell you that I will be back in less than two weeks telling you just how boring and Blah the expansion will be.

Now this is just my opinion and I have been involved since the early 90's playing games and actually working on games so I can tell you the future is not looking to bright for the industry if they continue on this route. My hopes are that the expansion will be great but from what I seen in the game play footage I am already bored with it.

Now I have played TS3 many ways from Homeless Sims to families and now I just cannot get myself to play the game more than ten minutes. So three months and the game to me is already dead.

I would have loved to see them expand on what we have first but oh well EA likes to take things in the wild direction. Lets just all hope that this expansion brings back the glory of The Sims and not just another fail!

• AndrewSullivanAndrewSullivan Posts: 78 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The only thing I don't like is that there's a limit to the lavels you can go down on the basement. Though I'm sure a cheat code will take care of that.

Sim_Outlaw I still play Diablo 1. :shock: Even though the graphics suck its fun to play! :D
  • Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited September 2009
    The only thing I don't like is that there's a limit to the lavels you can go down on the basement. Though I'm sure a cheat code will take care of that.

Sim_Outlaw I still play Diablo 1. :shock: Even though the graphics suck its fun to play! :D

Yea I just mentioned Diablo because I recently started playing it again. very few games could ever get me to reinstall. They would have to be great and the Diablo series was great in it's time.

Same as Sims 1 and 2. TS3 as of right now I cannot say the same about it. Maybe in a year or so it will be better.
    edited September 2009
    Sim_Outlaw wrote:
    I wish companies would return back to the good old days when they where actually proud about the games they released. Today it seems like push the game out the door who cares if the player gets bored within a month or two. Profits first not game play!

It's not just EA that has taken this route the whole PC gaming has gone down hill the past five years and will continue to do so until companies wake up and realize that what they did way back then is what works!

A lot of that I think is partly due to large corporations, publishing companies and such taking over the small development companies that we know from back in the day and also partly due to the internet. Back then companies were smaller, sure they still wanted to expand and profit but they seemed to take much more pride in their games and create a better overall quality of product. They didn't have million dollar backing so they HAD to make top notch products in order to compete with the bigger boys or to get marketting / publishing deals in the first place.

These days you have major corporations buying out the little game developers of yester year, all they seem interested in is maximum profit for minimum expense. Given the more widespread availability of the internet too it seems like rather than releasing quality products some companies choose to release poorly tested products and rely on the community to report bugs and the internet to distribute patches, instead of employing enough people to weed out the majority of the bigger bugs. Sure there were still problems with bugs back in the day, but they didn't have the internet to distribute fixes easily .. the best you could hope for was getting a patch released on a coverdisc of a PC magazine that was only published once a month.

You are right though, it's not just EA. Over the years I've seen many quality game companies become sucked into the vacuous depths of major companies who are just interested in making money and strip-mine the little developers of their best titles and turn them to trash all in the pursuit of the almighty Dollar, Pound, or other monetary unit.