Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited September 2013
    ArikaB wrote:
    Haha that sucks. Because that means I haven't been looking very good in my game for that kind of items.. if only I had waited to enter haha oh well.. next time :) thought I had looked throughout.

Thank you for your quick answer

Yeah, there's a TON of stuff in the miscellaneous decor and sculpture categories. I spend a ridiculous amount of time in those two areas. A lot of the items are tiny thumbnails that are easy to miss. Some of the things I put in this build are things I noticed for the first time. It's definitely worth checking, if you don't mind the time suck. :lol:

Haha, yeah every time I play I find a 'new' object in there. This shows once more I should spend more time in there. Well, I've learned my lesson for the next challence and just hope that the rest of my build was good enough :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited September 2013
    Lebanna wrote:
    Haha, yeah every time I play I find a 'new' object in there. This shows once more I should spend more time in there. Well, I've learned my lesson for the next challence and just hope that the rest of my build was good enough :)

I think your build turned out great! I love the way you tucked the carport space in and how the outdoor grill area is enclosed on three sides. The garage band space was fun, too!
  • ashley1693ashley1693 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited September 2013
    check out the exchange store for a new cow set and chicken set.
  • KWhit2200KWhit2200 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2013
    KWhit2200 wrote:
    Still waiting for the intermediate result for the BNS challenge 211-212 ):

Oh good, I am not the only one.. I was starting to think I missed the results somewhere on the forum or something
    :( :?
    Yeah I'm hanging out for that one too (though I really should be doing my 3D assignment. :P ) From what I can tell there are a lot of entries for them to go through for that category, so just try to stay patient and maybe start on the next one! :)

I was considering the Dreaming of The Farm challenge bc I had so much fun doing The Lonely Gentleman but my school year just started :roll: and I have so much to do, so I'll sit this one out :)
  • LadyRamothLadyRamoth Posts: 49 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Lots of great looking builds.

ArikB, you have given me some wonderful ideas. I too need to spend more time looking in different areas for stuff. Your shed looks fantastic and your garden area is so cute.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited September 2013
    NAME: Saint_Gambi

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7639082

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s5.photobucket.com/user/fashionfascist/story/104025

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A (I did play Aaron from a teenager, but I've just run out of time to do any more simming this week :( )

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x20, The Hideaway, Sharkbite Island. $89,846.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a cosy Victorian Manor, renovated to fit a family of three or more. 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms, TV room, large living room, Dining room with breakfast/tea nook as well as an outdoor dining area/gazebo and patio, kitchen, landscaped garden, parking area, medium sized pool.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: I used various patterns from around the exchange but other than that, nada.

saint_gambi - I am currently trying to get the intermediate results up for challenge 211-212, but your story is showing up as private. I would love to have access so that I can judge your build ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • trashdockatrashdocka Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2013
    trashdocka wrote:
    Dreaming of the farm #213-214

NAME: Trashdocka

LINK TO LOT:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7662987

LINK TO MEDIA:
    My pictures are the ones in the download. :)
    I think they cover the important parts of the lot.

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE: 50x50

FINAL COST: 139 431 Simleons

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:
    A nice country farm house, i don't have the farm stuff but if you do there is enough room to place the cows and chickens on the lot. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

roof_up_original.jpg
    Hi there Trashdocka, I couldn't help but notice your comment regarding your media being present in the upload of your build. I just thought I would let you know that this challenge is based solely on the media that you provide, so that by including so few pictures, may put yourself at a slight disadvantage...

Thanks for the warning.. I can provide links to the pictures but i dont have photobucket or anything like that yet.. Would you like an overall picture of the farm? I will put up a link for them as soon as i can! :)
    edited September 2013
    trashdocka wrote:

Thanks for the warning.. I can provide links to the pictures but i dont have photobucket or anything like that yet.. Would you like an overall picture of the farm? I will put up a link for them as soon as i can! :)
    It's fairly easy to set up an account for photobucket, and it free :) you can even get a link for a slideshow or make a story (haven't tried out the story part yet). I myself have like 100+ screenshots from my builds. Probably overkill, but better to much than to little in this case :)

• peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2013
    Build-N-Share Challenge (213-214)

NAME: Peacemaker ic

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7664918

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s779.photobucket.com/user/Peacemaker_ic/library/Farmhouses and Barns?sort=9&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST:
    - size: 40x40
    - Cost: $138,060

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Here is a build I have been wanting to do for a little while, a barn turned into a house, and BnS had a farm challenge on, so I decided to enter it for fun. The house is quite quaint and built on a 40x40 lot with sloping ceilings (which I LOVE) and a rustic (unusual for me) interior and a well landscaped exterior (because I hate bare lots :oops: ). This was a bit of a challenge for me, as I usually don't build these sorts of houses, but it all started from wanting to use the barn door as an actual door, and it grew from there. I am really happy with how it turned out.

The lot features:
    - 3 bedrooms
    - 3 bathrooms
    - Laundry
    - Open plan kitchen/dining
    - Separate living room
    - Mezzanine with study
    - Gazebo
    - Cow corral
    - chicken coop
    - vegetable/herb garden
    - pond
    - single garage

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No cc was used

HargravesFarmcoverpic_zpsb0cf7ffb.png~original
  • ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    edited September 2013
    LadyRamoth wrote:
    Lots of great looking builds.

ArikB, you have given me some wonderful ideas. I too need to spend more time looking in different areas for stuff. Your shed looks fantastic and your garden area is so cute.

Thank you! Your build is beautiful. I should've done a basement, but I had to rebuild the entire lot after my game crashed mid-save and I forgot. Next time!

Peacemaker, how did you make your ceilings sloped like that? It looks really cool!
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2013

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s779.photobucket.com/user/Peacemaker_ic/library/Farmhouses and Barns?sort=9&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Here is a build I have been wanting to do for a little while, a barn turned into a house, and BnS had a farm challenge on, so I decided to enter it for fun. The house is quite quaint and built on a 40x40 lot with sloping ceilings (which I LOVE) and a rustic (unusual for me) interior and a well landscaped exterior (because I hate bare lots :oops: ). This was a bit of a challenge for me, as I usually don't build these sorts of houses, but it all started from wanting to use the barn door as an actual door, and it grew from there. I am really happy with how it turned out.

The lot features:
    - 3 bedrooms
    - 3 bathrooms
    - Laundry
    - Separate living room
    - Mezzanine with study
    - Gazebo
    - Cow corral
    - chicken coop
    - vegetable/herb garden
    - pond
    - single garage

Beautiful :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Beautiful farms everyone. :D I am so enjoying seeing all the entries. I would have entered too but I have problems sticking to a budget! :lol:
  • kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited September 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Dreaming of the Farm #213 - 214

NAME: Kimwriter75

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7665763

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/SimKim75/story/91441#
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OuXRt0k638

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50, 1005 Pomona Promenade, 132,137

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:This rustic modern home features 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, living space, kitchen, office and study area, pool, cows, chickens and horses, oh my! Must not forget small veggie garden and unfinished basement.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2013

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE:

The lot features:
    - 3 bedrooms
    - 3 bathrooms
    - Laundry
    - Separate living room
    - Mezzanine with study
    - Gazebo
    - Cow corral
    - chicken coop
    - vegetable/herb garden
    - pond
    - single garage

It's seeing builds like this which make me not enter advanced haha, brilliant build, looks amazing.
    edited September 2013

It's seeing builds like this which make me not enter advanced haha, brilliant build, looks amazing.

haha It was making me wish I stayed in intermediate too! oh well, it's all in good fun anyways. though, there is some massive competition going on in intermediate as well ;)

• sebivinssebivins Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Dreaming of the Farm (213-214)]

NAME: sebivins

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7663353

LINK TO MEDIA: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=457304

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Lot Size: 40x40, Address: 17 Foss View Road, Final Cost: $91,110

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This family home is a modern farmhouse on 40x40 lot. There is plenty of land to house animals and to plant a flourishing garden. The outdoor patio area is the highlighting feature of this home. It is set aside the pond on the ground and looking towards the sea. There are three bedrooms and 2 and a half baths. This lot was built was the mind frame of thinking a little modern and sleek, but at the same time livable.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No custom content used.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2013
    Name: Adler900

Link to Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7666132

Link to Media: http://thesimmerssociety.forumotion.com/t63p105-adler-s-builds-modernui-farm-new

Level: ADVANCED

lot size, address and final cost: 40 X 40,55 Vista Boulevard, $150,240

LOT DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS: This modern farm features a large living space, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pool area, BBQ area, Veggie/fruit patch, greenhouse, chicken coop, 2 cow pens, gazebo and garage. :D No CC.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES

CC: NONE

Screenshot-25_zps66fa5c6a.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LadyRamothLadyRamoth Posts: 49 New Member
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Beautiful farms everyone. :D I am so enjoying seeing all the entries. I would have entered too but I have problems sticking to a budget! :lol:

This is the first time I have ever entered one. The budgets always seem low for my tastes but I figured I would give it a try this time. My builds are always much pricier. I build big, decorate big and landscape. So I understand what you are saying. I look at what I entered and to me, it just doesn't seem enough or done. Yet I see so many lovely builds and wonder how in the world they did it for so cheap.
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks everyone :oops:

It has been quite a while since I have entered, but it's nice to know there are so many creative builders out there, so many wonderful builds <3
  • SimiHendrixEXPSimiHendrixEXP Posts: 181 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't think I'll have time to finish my farm, but I am loving seeing the entries, so well done. I thought I'd post the painting that inspired my incomplete build. If I get enough time tomorrow, maybe I'll make the deadline. :)

hoover_birthplace.jpg
    Grant Wood's "Birthplace of Herbert Hoover"
  • anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Everyone - I got a featured story http://www.thesims3.com/moviesandmore my Create-A-Room Growing Up! Yay!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    LadyRamoth wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:

This is the first time I have ever entered one. The budgets always seem low for my tastes but I figured I would give it a try this time. My builds are always much pricier. I build big, decorate big and landscape. So I understand what you are saying. I look at what I entered and to me, it just doesn't seem enough or done. Yet I see so many lovely builds and wonder how in the world they did it for so cheap.

Glad to see that someone understands my dilemma. :lol: I could have done it but simply didn't want to stick to a budget. I always go for a luxurious home. :oops: :mrgreen: Also, mine was actually dedicated to a friend so I wanted to leave out nothing! :D
  • PalabraPalabra Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm still out of town, but I'm just checking in to say OMG to Peace and the rest of you amazing builders. These are some very pretty farms. I'm especially in love with Peace's cover art. I'm rethinking city life, now. I may have to get a cow, an evil chicken, and a banjo and move out to the sticks. Thanks, guys. :-P
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2013
    Still no intermediate results? ):
  • amberandfreddieamberandfreddie Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2013
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Dreaming of the farm 213-214

Forum ID :AmberFreddie

Link to lot : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7667967

Link to media :link in photo Screenshot-9_zps88615427.jpg

Optional challenge :None

Level: intemediate

Constructive criticsm : yes please

Lot size :50x50

Address : Hidden Springs, 7 Meadow Beach DR.

Lot cost :$196,752

Lot discription : Created with NO Custom Content: English Country Farmhouse: Beautiful country farmhouse with large kitchen and dinning area with attached laundry room and boot room leading to outside vegetable garden. Entry hallway, two bathrooms, one ground floor and one family bathroom on upper level . Lovely master bedroom with four poster bed ,walk in closet and dressing area. Teenage girls room, again with a walk in closet and well decorated to suit a young girls taste. Third bedroom to suit younger boys with bunk beds and decorated in a fun style. Split level lounge with a music area on upper level, drinks bar, reading and seating area on lower with a homely fire to keep you warm on those chilly winter nights . Separate TV room off the lower lounge. Outside has Beautiful landscaped gardens, with a pond, and lovely BBQ area for those warm nights.Twin garage and stable with hay loft above.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top