The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited September 2013
    WOAH! :shock: This thread got back on 4th page! I agree this place is just WAY too quiet. But anyways, I might be getting a pretty good laptop soon! Hopefully I can get it cheap enough. It has an i7 8 core processor, 6 gigs of ram, windows 7, a pretty good graphics card, it should be able to run Battlefield 3 on medium to high settings, and it has a 17.3" LED screen. That should be able to run sims 3 with tons of cc good, unlike the laptop I'm using now, lol! And my birthday is in 7 days, I already got a present from my mom and dad, and I already know what my grandpa is getting me, lol! I don't know what my brothers are getting me though. :D
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited September 2013
    Happy advanced birthday GreenDay!!! <3!! ^__^! Omg, your graphics are beautiful enough and your so lucky lol Omg you play battlefield? :D I play too, but on PS3. But I'm more a COD fan than battlefield lol

Hey guys! Here are some screenies that I edited (warning... this will happen:
    tumblr_inline_mmf77thdje1qz4rgp.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/aebef3f1c3158316a617b8c8f77a1229/tumblr_mt5ct6B6i91seftjko2_r1_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/76b6a3dfe104dd2ae6c8a4c07c1f09be/tumblr_mt5jq75Vzp1seftjko1_500.png

Can't post actual photos cause... well you'll know when you see the photo XD
  • eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow, Angel. o.o That's hot. :p Your shading is just fabulous! :O

Kamekoj, that looks awesome for your first edit! Only thing I'd suggest is to blur the background (free select around your model, Select> Invert, and then Gaussian blur by a relatively low number), because the in-game backgrounds can sometimes have quite dodgy quality. :XD:
  • KamekojKamekoj Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks at all for your nice comments and eggy also for the advices. I agree with you, in the close looks the in-game background a bit gruesome, next time I'll try it more with the gaussian blur filter (I was too timid with it :wink: ).

Oh Angel, both are great! I'm near a powerlessness... :wink: too hot here now... :mrgreen:
    mynewsiggys.gif
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Happy advanced birthday GreenDay!!! <3!! ^__^! Omg, your graphics are beautiful enough and your so lucky lol Omg you play battlefield? :D I play too, but on PS3. But I'm more a COD fan than battlefield lol

Hey guys! Here are some screenies that I edited (warning... this will happen:
    tumblr_inline_mmf77thdje1qz4rgp.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/aebef3f1c3158316a617b8c8f77a1229/tumblr_mt5ct6B6i91seftjko2_r1_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/76b6a3dfe104dd2ae6c8a4c07c1f09be/tumblr_mt5jq75Vzp1seftjko1_500.png

Can't post actual photos cause... well you'll know when you see the photo XD
    Thanks Angel!! :mrgreen: Lol, yeah, I'd say my graphics are pretty good at the moment, but hq mod does help a lot! :P The only problem is the lag, it takes me at least an hour to make a sim, it lags mainly during when I'm picking the clothes for some reason. And yeah, I've played battlefield on xbox 360 a few times, but COD is a lot easier, lol! I recently got battlefield for PC when it was part of the humblebundle sale, but my laptop would NOT even be able to start it up. Amnesia doesn't even have too great of graphics, but it's really laggy on my laptop, and I tried playing a demo for the game worms before, and it doesn't even work! :lol: My specs are pretty low... XD I have so many games that I have that I can't even play at the moment. :shock: Those pics!!! I wish I could make guy sims as hot as that! Mine all look the same. :(
  • peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Guys! I'd like to tell you guys all about my new competition, it's a little different to most though, let me explain...

So I have a sims 3 story - The Sutton Family, but to shake things up Season 3, I'm going to be doing a Modeling Talent Contest, Basically. Ayah my main female character, for season 3, will be entering the Model Moment house, with 7 other contestants.

And that's where you guys come in, I want you to enter 1 female sim each, and I will break it down to the most pretty, and They will be the winners. REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO SEND ME THE DOWNLOAD LINK FROM THE EXCHANGE! CC allowed, as long as it's 100% safe.

Model+Moment.jpg
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png
    edited September 2013
    Hey guyss! So, came back from a trip and I am so exhausted. Lost my voice and everything :( I'm so behind on my competitions, but I'm tracking down all of them until everything is in order!
  • StarGirl98516StarGirl98516 Posts: 284
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys!
    So I've checked out some threads giving tips and tricks on editing your simmies photos!
    I was wondering if any of you guys had your own little tips to give me that can be used in GIMP! Thank you in advance ;)
  • HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited September 2013
    This is my first completely CC free sim for YEARS, but seeing as everything was wiped off of my computer (includingallmysimsandmyccandeverrythhinnngggggg:c) I guess I'd give her a shot.
    Sorry about my graphics. T-T Eeek. xD

tumblr_mtguarUHsk1rpg5cmo1_1280.png

Stargirl, have you checked the editing tutorials thread? :3 I'm not so good with tips and stuff; I like to just screw around in gimp, until I get something I'm happy with. xD
  • KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys!
    So I've checked out some threads giving tips and tricks on editing your simmies photos!
    I was wondering if any of you guys had your own little tips to give me that can be used in GIMP! Thank you in advance ;)

There is some good editing tuts on this forum specially for thing such as skin shading.

My tip would be to bring down the lighting and contrast slightly on hue-saturation under colors and then adjust the curves in you picture (Also under colors tab) to make your sim look more realistic.
    This is my first completely CC free sim for YEARS, but seeing as everything was wiped off of my computer (includingallmysimsandmyccandeverrythhinnngggggg:c) I guess I'd give her a shot.
    Sorry about my graphics. T-T Eeek. xD

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d725e305ad5a866d31c7db616c6f7740/tumblr_mtguarUHsk1rpg5cmo1_1280.png

Stargirl, have you checked the editing tutorials thread? :3 I'm not so good with tips and stuff; I like to just screw around in gimp, until I get something I'm happy with. xD

She is beautiful, I always like your skin shading on your images. Sorry to here about your computer troubles I have had to do that a few times, well you can back up your mods and sims but not installed content.
    0EbLrhU.png
    edited September 2013
    Here are a couple of my before/after edits:
    BandA_zpsa7c9bb08.png

Before1_zpsf2bb4532.pngafter1_zps4d299c8d.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    0EbLrhU.png
  • StarGirl98516StarGirl98516 Posts: 284
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the tips!
    Those photos are stunningly gorgeous :mrgreen:
  • Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited September 2013
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    Here are a couple of my before/after edits:
    BandA_zpsa7c9bb08.png

Before1_zpsf2bb4532.pngafter1_zps4d299c8d.png

She is stunning! Great job on the pictures :)
    1jtb7m.jpg
    edited September 2013
    KISRTYF1 wrote:
    She is beautiful, I always like your skin shading on your images. Sorry to here about your computer troubles I have had to do that a few times, well you can back up your mods and sims but not installed content.
    Oh my gosh, thank you. xD And it is such a pain getting everything back together again. D: I had, like, 6GB on there. >_<" O.o Ah, well. I really should back stuff up. :lol:
    And I love your second edit<3

edited September 2013
    @Bebs your avi is freaking amazinggg <3!! >//////////////< I love him now ;-;

New photo/edit

tumblr_mtjmdc3qNF1seftjko1_1280.png

• eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited September 2013
    @Bebs - She's pretty :D

@Kirsty - I love that second edit of yours :3:D

@Angel - Gosh he's hot and I love the lighting and the quality and mm~
    edited September 2013
    @Eggy ;-; Thank thank you <3
    edited September 2013
    Moree guy sims? :D

tumblr_mtjv7g0PUY1seftjko1_1280.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited September 2013
    :shock: hellllllllooooo gorgeous! :wink:
    edited September 2013
    Thank You guys :D..

Angle, they are some very hot male sims you have, nice editing.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited September 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    @Bebs your avi is freaking amazinggg <3!! >//////////////< I love him now ;-;

New photo/edit

tumblr_mtjmdc3qNF1seftjko1_1280.png

Love this Photo!
    1jtb7m.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Eheh, bump? O.o
    Angel, he's lush. I'd like some of that. :XD: :lol: So pretty eyes, to...
    I'm going to be remaking some of my RPG charries seeing as I lost a handful. v.v" I guess I might post a few pics here. This is the first one - Peach. I wasn't in a skin shading mood, tbh, so I think I edited the nose slightly, then played around with curves and filters. >.>"

tumblr_mtsnulsRB81rpg5cmo2_1280.png
    tumblr_mtsnulsRB81rpg5cmo1_1280.png
    edited September 2013
    She's so cute Bebs!

Those who want to learn more editing head on over to here:
    http://bliss87-blogofbliss.blogspot.ca/p/editing-tutorials.html

Well, it saddens me to say but goodbye guys! I'd give a speech and everything, but it's too much so I'm just going to say bye.
  • Purpleowl3Purpleowl3 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    She's so cute Bebs!

Those who want to learn more editing head on over to here:
    http://bliss87-blogofbliss.blogspot.ca/p/editing-tutorials.html

Well, it saddens me to say but goodbye guys! I'd give a speech and everything, but it's too much so I'm just going to say bye.

What?! Ur leaving!?
    edited October 2013
    Bye Angel and good luck with your school year.

Here is my newest edit:
    before(well after I edited my sims into background):
    Screenshot-128n_zps3a1b1d70.png"width=600"

After:
    Assignment3_zps5fd9d2d9.png"width=600"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    0EbLrhU.png