Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question about moving Sims to new towns

I have a newlywed couple in Twinbrook. The guy is a level 7 firefighter, and the girl is level 5 in the medical career. If I move them to a new town, will they have to start over from the beginning of their careers?

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited September 2013
    Nope! They'll still have their jobs at the level they did when they left the old town.

Like, if a Sim is at the top of the Criminal Career (either branch, it doesn't matter), they'll still be at level ten when they move to a new town.

Just think of it as a sort of job transfer for your Sims.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    edited September 2013
    Great, because I plan to move my Sims from Twinbrook to Appaloosa Plains and I don't want them to start over from scratch. :D
  • TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited September 2013
    Great, because I plan to move my Sims from Twinbrook to Appaloosa Plains and I don't want them to start over from scratch. :D

You should totally move them to midnight hollow when it's released, just think of all the things they may get called for... maybe an earthquake ruined an entire neighborhood out in the woods surrounding the town and you don't make it in time.. :O

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• SloanyBearSloanyBear Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2013

You should totally move them to midnight hollow when it's released, just think of all the things they may get called for... maybe an earthquake ruined an entire neighborhood out in the woods surrounding the town and you don't make it in time.. :O

WoW this is the first I have heard of Midnight Hollow, what is it please? or does anyone have an info link for it? Thank you
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have a newlywed couple in Twinbrook. The guy is a level 7 firefighter, and the girl is level 5 in the medical career. If I move them to a new town, will they have to start over from the beginning of their careers?

Just food for thought, sometimes when sims move to a new town and the town does not have their profession, they may have to get a new profession.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2013
    SloanyBear wrote:

WoW this is the first I have heard of Midnight Hollow, what is it please? or does anyone have an info link for it? Thank you

Midnight Hollow is the new store world that is coming out September 26th. They will be showing it on the live broadcast Tuesday. It's a goth themed world and dark all the time.

http://store.thesims3.com/midnighthollow.html?categoryId=12642
  • ParanormalJParanormalJ Posts: 55
    edited September 2013
    No, your sims will not lose their, career level/careers, Memories, skills, etc. They will lose their family ties if they had grandparents, siblings, cousins or any other extended family that didn't move with them.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't like the "dark all the time" thing. I have night-blindness and it makes it harder for me to see. I used to have trouble when I played a gnome in WoW. Their world is underground and very, very dark. I used to strain just to see where she was running. And I do hope that the site master changes out the background image for this site soon. I don't like the dark, murky look. It's just … not 'happy.'
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't like the "dark all the time" thing. I have night-blindness and it makes it harder for me to see. I used to have trouble when I played a gnome in WoW. Their world is underground and very, very dark. I used to strain just to see where she was running. And I do hope that the site master changes out the background image for this site soon. I don't like the dark, murky look. It's just … not 'happy.'

Really? I thought the girl right
    <- Over that way looks pretty happy?

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited September 2013

It's not unhappy...

But no worries - once we get closer to ITF releasing, they'll change the background. It would be pretty hard to play if you can't see what you're doing.