Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Utopia vs. Dystopia

167891012...Next

Comments

• jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm a sucker for those huge *** flowers, so Utopia. :P
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    Utopia :D
  • HugDopeyHugDopey Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    In exchange the eradication of war, disease and misery, I'd gladly hand over my free will.

And yet I would lay down my life for the free will that you would so freely hand over for a fantasy of something that will never exist (the end of war, disease and misery). To me, being a faceless automaton controlled by others would be the misery. See, isn't the diversity of humanity interesting? :lol:

This!!!!

I totally agree wtih samiam662

edit:
    not voting for either btw.. i'm going to try them both (edit spelling)
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd probably have to say Dystopia if I play evil. (Which I usually do. :twisted: )

Otherwise I'd probably try to keep it normal without changing it unless I just HAD to change it for a collectable item or fish. I'd also change it back to normal if it's an option which it sounds like there is from one of crinrict's posts. (Although it sounded like they didn't have it finished or the bugs worked out of it at the time.)

But my actual vote here if it was a three-way vote would be for NORMAL. Otherwise... I can't see myself living in a bubblegum & rainbows utopian world without going insane.

THAT'S IT! WHERE'S MY CHAINSAW & HOCKEY MASK! Chugga... chuggaga... chug-BRAWWRR-RAWRRR (Sounds of several Sims screaming in panic and pain...) TAKE THAT YOU SELF-HUGGING HIPPIES!!!
  • acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited September 2013
    Dystopia!!!!
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • pak_eapak_ea Posts: 262 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Normal!

But if I must choose, probably Utopia. Since the Sims is such a tamed game, there is little you can do to fit the Dystopian theme. (Such as killing, robbing, among other despicable things one would do in a dystopian world)
  • Zozotanarg13Zozotanarg13 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea of a dystopian future, if you can make it better, that it - sounds like a sort of epic quest to me, which would be cool.
  • Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited November 2013
    their both the same pretty much
  • bluebird137bluebird137 Posts: 430 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Utopia
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well after playing all 3 versions I changed my mind. The normal future is the best.
    Once been in Dystopia some bug keeps buildings in the dirty look in any other version and also meteors and lightnings keep happening.
    Utopia sucks because of that stupid walk style every Sim has and there is no way to get the ocean back. The wasteland just looks displaced in Utopia. I mean come on, what kind of Utopia is that where a whole ocean is gone for whatever reason?
    Especially for mermaids even Utopia is a hostile place to be!
    This space is for rent.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited November 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Well after playing all 3 versions I changed my mind.

Like you I've changed my mind. I was really looking forward to playing in the Dystopian future and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with it. I just don't see it as that much of a Dystopia.

However I haven't changed my mind to a different version....just basically disappointed with the future travel over all.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright