Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about the Past?

So, I have been watching some of the Live Broadcast and the Producer Walkthrough and I started to wonder, Why didn't they make a Past? Now that I think about it, Cave Man Year would be really cool, and it would have lots of cool stuff like in the Future,Maybe like Create-A-Dino or something like that, plus lots of cave man clothing that they wore and learning New skills. I don't know, it was just an Idea i had in the Back of my head and I wanted to see if anyone else agreed. I know I probably sound crazy. :P Anyone Agree on my Idea?

Comments

• Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited September 2013
    You don't sound crazy, I was wondering about it too. But I think it is because the future is more interesting. And also more stuff you would want to do. Like have a robot who can have programmed personalities, or be like butlers and help around the house. For the past, people would not like living in a cave or having dinosaurs. And lastly the build/buy mode and Create-A-Sim items would be more useful from the future than the past
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes I would love travel to the past expansion to.

Cave Sims and the dinosaurs would be so much fun. :D
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited September 2013
    What past? You'd love to get the stone age. Others might want to get to medieval while a third party would prefer to see their Sims in the rococo era.
    Add to this the many cultures we have in the world. Sims 3 is not sold in America only, don't forget that. Other cultures had different pasts. So the varieties are almost endless and EA can't make it right for everyone. Some people would always feel left out.
    This space is for rent.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    We can already go in the past with the time machine from ambitions unfortuanly however though it's just a rabbithole and all you get is popups.
  • Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    What past? You'd love to get the stone age. Others might want to get to medieval while a third party would prefer to see their Sims in the rococo era.
    Add to this the many cultures we have in the world. Sims 3 is not sold in America only, don't forget that. Other cultures had different pasts. So the varieties are almost endless and EA can't make it right for everyone. Some people would always feel left out.
    This.

Plus, to me, the future seems more within the spirit of The Sims. The future hasn't happened yet, so it can be anything you want it to be. It's a complete fantasy world. The past has happened, so they'd be restricted to how things were in each specific time.

And with the future they also avoid the need for accuracy - yes, some of what we see in this EP may seem unbelievable to us, but, really, no one can say with 100% certainty that this sort of stuff will never exist in real life, because no one knows 100% what will happen in the distant future. With the past, if they hadn't made it accurate, you can bet there would be people complaining about how inaccurate it is.
    edited September 2013
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    This.

Plus, to me, the future seems more within the spirit of The Sims. The future hasn't happened yet, so it can be anything you want it to be. It's a complete fantasy world. The past has happened, so they'd be restricted to how things were in each specific time.

And with the future they also avoid the need for accuracy - yes, some of what we see in this EP may seem unbelievable to us, but, really, no one can say with 100% certainty that this sort of stuff will never exist in real life, because no one knows 100% what will happen in the distant future. With the past, if they hadn't made it accurate, you can bet there would be people complaining about how inaccurate it is.
    That, absolutely that! :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Flamemix12Flamemix12 Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    We can already go in the past with the time machine from ambitions unfortuanly however though it's just a rabbithole and all you get is popups.

I know that, but when i mean go into the Past, I actually mean go to another world with the time portal and Explore the wonders of the past
  • Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited September 2013
    If you play 'the future' as your present, then you can travel back to the past (now) to effect your 'now' in the future.

Dinosaurs, Crusaders, Cowboys...well, that's a different game.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2013
    I thing Cave sims and dinosaurs would be perfect. :thumbup:

Sims has their own history. It does not need to be simmilar to ours.

For example, Dinosaurs where already extint in the time of caveman.

But in sims world it can be different. :wink:
  • IceSilverCrystalIceSilverCrystal Posts: 61 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I think you already can kinda go into the past. If you have Dragon Valley and the Renaissance Festival of Bows. That will work, right? you just don't need to use a mode of travel there, you can move there. Dunno
    edited September 2013
    I think you already can kinda go into the past. If you have Dragon Valley and the Renaissance Festival of Bows. That will work, right? you just don't need to use a mode of travel there, you can move there. Dunno

But that wouldn't count, Dragon valley is a town of today, just themed like the past. going to the past would mean traveling in a Time portal.
    edited September 2013
    Flamemix12 wrote:

But that wouldn't count, Dragon valley is a town of today, just themed like the past. going to the past would mean traveling in a Time portal.
    I think IceSilverCrystal is right. Does it really matter how we get into the past? The look and feel of the destination is important and Dragon Valley really looks like a medieval town to me. Just have the Sims dressed in the right clothing and there you go.
    Yes we still have modern cars there but I bet we can't even avoid having hover cars in towns like Sunset valley once ITF is installed. I'd love to be wrong on that point but knowing EA I doubt it.
    If modern cars are a big deal for you I recommend you get a custom world without streets. My wife plays two of such and has great fun. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Twingirls1246Twingirls1246 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    That's a great idea and I totally agree with you! There's nothing crazy about an awesome suggestion. :D
    edited September 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Flamemix12 wrote:

I think IceSilverCrystal is right. Does it really matter how we get into the past? The look and feel of the destination is important and Dragon Valley really looks like a medieval town to me. Just have the Sims dressed in the right clothing and there you go.
    Yes we still have modern cars there but I bet we can't even avoid having hover cars in towns like Sunset valley once ITF is installed. I'd love to be wrong on that point but knowing EA I doubt it.
    If modern cars are a big deal for you I recommend you get a custom world without streets. My wife plays two of such and has great fun. :)

I guess, but everyone is different, i would prefer going to a new world other than a town, but i doubt EA would ever do anything like that
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure someone will create a mod to make it a feature. Along with several periods of time travel destinations. I'd like a Renaissance style world, a medieval and primitive world. Basically you'd have a artsy/creative setting, an athletic and logic setting (chess, jousting maybe using Pets' horses and archery from Duke of Bows set), and a survival hunting/gathering jungle like world where tar pits/quicksand, vicious dinosaurs and carnivorous plants lurk but resources like ore and plant life flourish. Some new items like suits of armor, dinosaurs you can hatch to become pets, etc.