Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Astrophysicists and Space Explorers

What do we currently know about these careers? Will they be available from your base neighborhood (in the present)? Do they require a NEW type of Rabbit Hole? How do they mesh with the present Science career?

Thanks for any info and answers :)

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think if you look for Pulversoppa's(?) thread on what she learned, you will find the answers you seek! :lol: I'll try and find it for you, just know that the careers sounds really great!
    edited September 2013
    Here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/710579.page

There will be a new rabbithole for it by the sounds of it, the Observatory, and lots of new interactions with it!
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I read Purl's review and her info on the new careers was frustratingly cursory. I understand she had only a couple hours to play with things and experience the new expansion, so I don't fault her at all.

I run The Sims 3 Apocalypse Challenge , and this new set of careers is promising to throw a monkey wrench in how things are ordered. I was hoping to get some more info so I could start planning on how to integrate things between now and October 22nd.

If the new careers are ONLY available once you have traveled through time, it will have one effect on the flow of the challenge. But if it's available from the get go - it's a big sticky mess LOL!

So if anyone at all has more detailed information, I would really like to get the scoop :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited September 2013
    I suppose you could save the rabbithole lot, or just buydebug it, and put in your normal neighbourhood and edit it slightly. But it will look futuristic never. Why not just stay in the future?
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Sam, I run a community challenge called The Apocalypse Challenge. It is a strict deprivation challenge where your family has to lift restrictions to be able to do things like have the best beds, use showers and tubs, and even eat more than once a day. The twenty-four restriction categories are based on the careers. If a new career comes along, I try to slot it in as an alternative to one of the existing restrictions. Neither of the new careers really fits well in any of the other categories, and traveling to the future will require quite a LOT of restrictions to be lifted in any case.

I was just hoping for more details so I could start figuring out how to do this in the rules.
    Post edited by Unknown User on