Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WrathofCath's D.N.A. Requester's Contact

WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
edited August 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
Hi Stargirl! I look forward to working with you! I have a couple of questions for you.

First, it will really help me if I have a picture of what you are looking for to go by. I have some pics of homes that I found and thought might be appropriate. I know the colors aren't going to be right, easy to fix. And I know some of them aren't on stilts, but that can be fixed to. Below are four different homes for you to check out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dippy_duck/3667134531/in/photostream/

https://www.google.com/search?q=modern+beach+homes&client=firefox-a&hs=gYD&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-6_lUbzHNven4AOqhYCADQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1067&bih=506#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=wosHGUD5a0zvJM:;9Mv8jJOARRHf1M;http%3A%2F%2Fmodern-homedesigns.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F12%2FModern-Beach-House-Plans.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fmodern-homedesigns.com%2Fbeach-house-plans-for-vacation.html;460;302

This next one below has floor plans too. A real bonus for me! I thought instead of the sitting area on the second floor, we could make it into the fourth bedroom. Make sure you scroll down the page so you can see the floor plans.

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/2621-square-feet-3-bedrooms-3-bathroom-coastal-home-plans-0-garage-36495

This next one is too dark for a beach house, but color is easy to change. I liked the actual floor plan for this one though. I would not use any windows on the porch and just let it be open to the deck. Again if you scroll down you will see how the layout of the floors will go. It looks like a nice design.

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/2866-square-feet-5-bedrooms-3-5-bathroom-waterfront-home-plans-0-garage-34074

At this time the only other question I had was in your request where you asked:

"Master Suite with en suite bathroom- Bedroom, Vanity table, bookshelf, small tv and comfy seating also a room with arch to go that is furnished but empty"

Did you want a separate room for future use? If I know what you want to use it for, I will know how big to build it.

I think that's all I have for you right now. I hope some of it is helpful. Please remember I can build any kind of home on stilts, I just want an idea of what you're looking for. If you have any pictures for me, I will be happy to take a look.

Cath
Post edited by WrathofCath on

Comments

• stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2013
    The Third house 2621 sq feet one is about what I am looking for and The room will be an hobby/career room so will need to be big enough for easels, sculpter station etc
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited July 2013
    Excellent! I love that I have a floor plan to go by too! I will post pics and questions for you as they come up, but please feel free to ask me anything you want here. I will be checking in every day in case.

Hi Stargirl, I was just wondering about a couple of things. Did you want a laundry room included with home?
    Since it's on the ocean, did you want to go with a beachy theme?
    Which brings me to my next question about your store content. I have tons and I love to use it.
    I'm wondering which if any of the nautical type sets you own?
    You wanted Animal Theme in the Nursery. Which sets in that area do you own?
    Any special theme you would like to see in the kids room?
    By Big spa in the main bath do you mean the triangular one?
    For the kids play area, which sets, if any do you own in that area?
    I was able to add a 3rd bathroom upstairs. I was thinking if you owned any of the kids bath sets I could use stuff from those.

Thanks! Cath
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2013
    Yes Please, I would like an Laundry room
    Yes a beach theme would be great
    Bathroom set for kids, I have the Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath
    For the Nursery, I have the following: Panda and Friends, Wilderness Dreaming
    Kids play area, i have animals abound outdoor set but could you also use the spring riders from Generations and Seasons and Seesaw from Generations and the cheapest tree house thanks
    Yes, I mean the Triangular bath
    I have the Nautical Living set / island villa set
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the quick response and all the info! Have a great weekend Stargirl!
    edited July 2013
    Hi Stargirl, I want you to know that I am working on your house and I have a couple of more questions.

1) I noticed on your page that you have IP now, so I am using some things from there to decorate, okay?

2) You mentioned a vanity table for the Master bedroom. Did you want one of the vanity-looking dressers from SN? Is it going to be used as the dresser? Or would you like a bureau and a separate vanity area for Mrs. Sim? I can make one for you that would be able to include a chair for her, if that is what you were thinking of.

3) I have the room with arched entry off the master for your skill room. I think it should be big enough. I was going to include a telescope and easel on the little balconies off the bedrooms if that is okay?

4) You mentioned a changing table for the nursery. Do you have Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes? If not, can you let me know what you are referring to please?

5) As for all the kids toys, I have included the toy box, costume box, play table, and dollhouse. Was there anything else you wanted in there?

6) Did you want me to include some plants in the garden or just have one ready for you to fill? My worker bee (tester sim) is fully skilled in gardening and if you would like, I can have her get some plants going so they are higher quality. It's totally up to you though.

I think that's all the questions I have right now. I am making this home very kid-friendly as it seems you like to have large families. Back in the day when I played, more than build, I always had a bunch of little simmies running around. I really had so much fun with the big families! I will try to finish your home for you as quickly as I can, but I am very picky about my colors and decor, so it takes me a bit. I will keep you posted. Thanks Stargirl!

edited July 2013
    Yes you can use stuff from IP
    I Mean the one from SN, the white one if possible
    yes it's fine to include them items
    Yes I have the lullabies and Nursery set
    The cooker and rocking horse please
    Yes I would luike some plants there
    Yes I love to have large families
    thanks
    edited July 2013
    Hi Stargirl! Your home is finished! It's called Starfish Cove. Here's the link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7526337

Screenshot-9_zps978306d8.jpg

Screenshot-127_zps4e729ec1.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpscd9a7c36.jpg

Screenshot-83_zps7eef6505.jpg

Screenshot-66_zpse93fbc58.jpg

Screenshot-67_zps0cfaccba.jpg

Screenshot-58_zps4a7c4f97.jpg

Screenshot-63_zps0b1b8504.jpg

Lots more pictures here:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Starfish Cove/Screenshot-9_zps978306d8.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

Hope you enjoy it!
    edited July 2013
    Thanks so much this home is great for my legacy family and just what I was looking for
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2013
    Cath well done, Bright, Beachy and charming it's a winner for sure :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much Vicki! So lovely of you to stop in and let me know! :P

Sorry for getting back to you so late, but I didn't even realize there was a comment here, till I came back to let my new requester know about the thread.
  • AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :mrgreen: Excited to see the product ;)
    edited August 2013
    Hey Ahenrichs! I just got back from vacation. I will be starting your home this weekend!
    edited August 2013
    Hey AHENRICHs!

You know, I could just scream! The home plans for your build are not showing the floor plans for some reason. I have emailed the company twice, hoping the can rectify this. If I search on line and put in "Karol Wood first floor plans" it will come up but it is so blurry, I can't see which room is which. Got any ideas?
    edited September 2013
    Hi AHENRICHs, your request is finished.

Westerley:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7632898

Inspiration picture:

Karol-Wood_FrontSFW_zps7b66489b.jpg

Westerley:

50bbd778-7950-4013-8e9c-82abb7624674_zps866d7ce3.jpg

2043d9c3-6743-4670-b975-fd6b2b1bc82c_zpsaa4762bf.jpg

Screenshot-137_zpse69c051c.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps026f2247.jpg

f92d8db3-e335-422e-bb50-abc8f88dc86e_zps1911f378.jpg

If you would like to see more photos, please look here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300/661413.page#11296815

Thank you for stopping in for a look!

• crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited September 2013
    Nice :D

Looking forward to downloading!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    CATH!!!! WOW! :shock: Kudos to you! What a breathtaking architecture! LOVE it! :D Great job with the roof and the landscaping. The pool area looks stunning. Love the kitchen, dining room and the high ceilings in the living area. Brilliant job! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited September 2013
    CRS- Thank you! I hope you enjoy the lot! Thanks so much for stopping in and having a peek!

Yanti! *runs over to hug* Thank you so much for your lovely, kind comments! They mean so much to me! Thanks for stopping by for a look! Hugs! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2013
    Hi Kamatayan_VP! I have claimed your request and will have some questions for you, once you check in here. Thanks! :D
    edited September 2013
    Hi SBJuthberg! I have claimed your request and have some questions for you once you check in with me. Thanks! :D
  • SBJuthbergSBJuthberg Posts: 133 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi SBJuthberg! I have claimed your request and have some questions for you once you check in with me. Thanks! :D

Checking in :D
    edited September 2013
    Hi there SBJuthberg! Nice to meet you! From your request I'm guessing you prefer Morey Mansion over Carson, correct? It is a really cool looking home!

How big did you want the basement to be and do you know what you will be using it for? Will I be decorating it for you?

By open vault in the dining room you mean the ceiling to be two stories high and open from above?

If I run out of space on the main floor for hobby and music rooms, can they be placed in the basement?

As of right now, that's all the questions I have for you. If you have any for me, please be sure to ask. Thanks!
    edited September 2013
    Hi there SBJuthberg! Nice to meet you! From your request I'm guessing you prefer Morey Mansion over Carson, correct? It is a really cool looking home!

How big did you want the basement to be and do you know what you will be using it for? Will I be decorating it for you?

By open vault in the dining room you mean the ceiling to be two stories high and open from above?

If I run out of space on the main floor for hobby and music rooms, can they be placed in the basement?

As of right now, that's all the questions I have for you. If you have any for me, please be sure to ask. Thanks!

Hehe, you put me on the spot straight away :p I really like both of 'em, though I think Carson would, style-wise, fit better into Dragon Valley, whereas Morey has the really nice diagonal tower-entrance.

Do you think you could make a "hybrid" between them? Ie take the basic of Morey Mansion, but with fully erected sidetowers instead of the overlaying roof that shows in the frontal picture.
    Also about Morey Mansion, it's shaped like a P, though it can't be seen from the pictures I posted. Not sure if you have looked at any other pictures or not. But skip the I-wing from Morey, and have about the same dimensions as Carson?

I am thinking Morey as seen in the forced perspective picture, but with a flat roof suitable for stargazing, accessable from the entrance Tower (as oposed to the tower-idea I had in the request)

The basement I plan for having three or maybe four Museums. One for each world-destination and one for generic collectables. And at the deepest level have Nectarmaking and storage for nectar.
    Placing the music/arts in basement if there no room upstairs is fine. Same goes for gym. As for decorating I am leaving it up to you if you feel like going the extra mile. It would certainly be appreciated, though not required.

By open vault I mean no doors to the kitchen, but maybe twin-arches or pillars to the sides instead of actual walls. Curtis Paradis used the pillar-solution for separating the diningroom and livingroom in his Victorian Classic (the home I've been using until now). I don't think I'd like the dining two stories high though.

I am uncertain as to which Arches would fit the best. I've been thinking about "Pedro Estate Arch II" or "Arch-way to Paradise"(If you have any of those). I have 378 Points to spend in the store presently.

I hope I didn't make everything more confusing :oops:
    edited September 2013
    Oh, I could add that I would like a two-story solution for the Library/Readingroom/Study. Preferably in/under the northeast tower. (In picture the one with the "onion"-roof)

Front = South
    Back = North
    Right = East
    Left = West

And for landscaping it'd be cool with a small cliff with a waterfall and a small stream running over the yard to the pond. I'll try to make a rudimentary sketch in Paint, since I don't have access to a scanner of how I picture it in my head :)
    edited September 2013
    Here's kind of what I had in mind, though it's "bad" quality and neither accurate nor to scale as it were. But it should give an insight into what I had in mind at least.

I've not accounted for any actual landscaping for it.

Here

If there isn't enough room for the pond where I drew it, maybe the waterfall/spring and pond could switch places.

What do you think?
    edited September 2013
    Whew!!! I want to let you know that I am much better at building with an actual picture to go by. It sounds like you like the design of Carson better, which is absolutely no problem for me! I love that the site you sent has all those different views to see.

I am not very good at improvising, so if you don't mind can we try to go by the actual picture of Carson? Are you happy enough with it's exterior look? We can worry about color later, but I just want to start with the design of the house first. It seems to have the tower you would like leading out to the flat roof, so that would be solved. And I agree, I think it is better suited for DV.

I am so glad I asked about the vaulted dining room! I guess it has different meanings in different areas, lol! :lol:

I checked out Curtis' Victorian in his studio, but the pics on the exchange don't show too much. I think I'll be able to come up with what you would like.

The layout for the home and yard look fine. I think I will be able to get everything you would like in there.

As for the floor plan, I will know better how everything can fit, once I start the build.

I have never involved a requester before, but it sounds like you would be interested in seeing how things are coming along? I can post pictures here of the WIP if you like.

I think I answered all of your questions, but if not, please just let me know.

Looking forward to starting this! :mrgreen: