Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complete a set

Comments

• rejectedpenguinrejectedpenguin Posts: 180 Member
    edited September 2013
    Happily Ever After Village Girl Outfit http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:52267

I am working on Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles. I should be able to get finish the set in a few days with this item. After I get the set, I will help others finish their sets.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited September 2013
    I hope I can do this. I would like to ask for a surprise for my mother: Ctroihd1. She is such a sweet woman and has helped me a lot. She is close to having the island escape compilation complete and could use some help. Today she told me before heading back to bed, "It is a SIMtastic day today!!!" She has Sims on her mind. She could use the Tropical Fountain (#5) on her wishlist. She loves tiki stuff and the fountain is adorable.

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ctroihd1
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love to give gifts, unfortunately I don't like to see people get double or even triple gifted. Please please clean up your WL!!

Remove the compilations if you have the sets on your WL! And remove the sets if you have individual items from the sets on your WL or the compilations on your WL. As it was pointed out earlier by Annita in this posting http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/711527.page#11315629 it is good etiquette to clean up your WL if you would like others to gift you.

You are NOT doing anyone any favors by listing every version of every set on your WL. Please take the time to clean them up.

Personally, if I see a WL that is filled with all the compilations, AND sets, AND individual items I leave without gifting. And from what I have seen from other gifters, this is a general rule of thumb followed by many. :?
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited September 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    Oh wow ... sorry I really didn't read over all of the responses here. I've just been randomly picking people to send gifts to.

My apologies if I stepped on any toes. :?

If that was to do with what I said, no no not at all! I posted such a ramble, you summed it up in a far more accessible way! I'm brilliant at using twenty words where four would do, it's genetic ;)

thank you both for posting it... it makes me feel my lotteries have helped.... currently I don't have energy to host one... but it seems we need it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited September 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    I love to give gifts, unfortunately I don't like to see people get double or even triple gifted. Please please clean up your WL!!

Remove the compilations if you have the sets on your WL! And remove the sets if you have individual items from the sets on your WL or the compilations on your WL. As it was pointed out earlier by Annita in this posting http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/45/711527.page#11315629 it is good etiquette to clean up your WL if you would like others to gift you.

You are NOT doing anyone any favors by listing every version of every set on your WL. Please take the time to clean them up.

Personally, if I see a WL that is filled with all the compilations, AND sets, AND individual items I leave without gifting. And from what I have seen from other gifters, this is a general rule of thumb followed by many. :?

Thanks for the tips for it. I keep forgetting to slim down my WL. I will have Ctroihd1 go through hers when she gets up. She keeps the sets on there to remind her of what she wants and to see if it is discounted.
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thankyou so much to Aunza! So kind of you to gift me four items from the set I'm trying to complete :mrgreen: My children's bedrooms are going to look awesome now :thumbup:
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • jezebelthenunjezebelthenun Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope I can do this. I would like to ask for a surprise for my mother: Ctroihd1. She is such a sweet woman and has helped me a lot. She is close to having the island escape compilation complete and could use some help. Today she told me before heading back to bed, "It is a SIMtastic day today!!!" She has Sims on her mind. She could use the Tropical Fountain (#5) on her wishlist. She loves tiki stuff and the fountain is adorable.

Done!

You can probably expect a hug. :D
    edited September 2013
    Alitoni wrote:

Thanks for the tips for it. I keep forgetting to slim down my WL. I will have Ctroihd1 go through hers when she gets up. She keeps the sets on there to remind her of what she wants and to see if it is discounted.

If I was you/her I would make a "shopping list" and have next to my pc... then check it every week for sales...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited September 2013

Done!

Thank you so much! She will be so surprised!
    edited September 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    Alitoni wrote:

If I was you/her I would make a "shopping list" and have next to my pc... then check it every week for sales...

That is a good idea. Could also do a word doc list of it, too. We are bad at losing lists by our computers lol. Thanks anettesb.
  • LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi! I am hoping to complete the Romanza Ceremony + Attire and the Romanza Ceremony + Reception sets. Any help will be appreciated, every item brings me closer to completing the set and my sims' weddings will be much more memorable! Thank you!
    edited September 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    Alitoni wrote:

That is a good idea. Could also do a word doc list of it, too. We are bad at losing lists by our computers lol. Thanks anettesb.

I looses lists too... so word document might be smart... yes :mrgreen:

good luck on your sets...

oh and if you want take a look (and click) my siggy.... if you have the building needed in your studio there is a chance of small items... or you can hunt the lots and get other people a gift...
  • ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2013

Done!

You know what? I am the LUCKIEST Simmer! I have RejectedPenguin who is always so sweet and thoughtful! And also jezebelthenun who is so generous in so many ways! Thank you both! It really is a SIMtastic day! Rejected and I are going to have a SIMathon right after lunch! We are making pizzas and I promised I would cut up the goodies for it since she is so wonderful to me! She even cleaned up my WL! She is so awesome!!! I am getting closer and closer to finishing the Island Escape Compilation!

Again, THANK YOU so much to RejectedPenguin and jezebelthenun! (Rejected, note your favorite color)

And thank you to Alitoni. I apologize for how my list was. I thought it was just for my benefit and so I used it to help keep straight what I was working on. I appreciate you letting me know it wasn't acceptable and how to maintain it!

I hope everyone has a Super-Duper SIMtastic Day!!! I know I am! Thank you all again!
  • utaker170utaker170 Posts: 99 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi! I'm trying to complete the Live, Laugh, Love Set.
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=utaker170
    Thank you :wink:
  • Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2013
    Alitoni wrote:

I dont know if this was about me or not, but it was posted after i posted my WL, i dont expect anyone to get me a compilation set, i just added it to my WL so i can find it easier, those are the ones i have the more % done. thats why i mentioned in my post how single items would be appreciated. although i do not expect anything from anyone. :D

but i will take your advice and clean up my WL.
  • xNataalieeLxNataalieeL Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    I've been wanting the tiptop toddler collection and I would like the baby swings if possible please although I am saving simpoints to buy the full set or the swing itself but it seems impossible !
    http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46167&categoryId=11488&scategoryId=13351&pcategoryId=13352&ppcategoryId=12926
  • AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2013
    Naley22 - Please don't take it personally. You are not the only person who has posted here asking for something that has a messy WL. In fact, your's isn't nearly as messy as others I have seen. :wink:

I totally get the "keeping a personal shopping list" thing (I do it too), and if it was just for your own self that would be all fine and good. However, most everyone posting here are asking that others help out, thereby inviting them to gift them items from their WL.

So, as others have pointed out, it is simply good etiquette to clean up your WL so that people are not double, triple, etc gifting items. That really isn't fair to the gifters, now is it?

Please know that I certainly didn't intend this to come across as an attack of any kind, to any one. I merely was trying to help. :wink:
  • Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited September 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    Naley22 - Please don't take it personally. You are not the only person who has posted here asking for something that has a messy WL. In fact, your's isn't nearly as messy as others I have seen. :wink:

Its all clean now. i hope hehe. it was way messy before, i just realized with the complete a set its better to buy small and you get more after :)

• Gamersim3456Gamersim3456 Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    can someone gift me the Ultimate Fridge please i need it to complete a set :D
  • xNataalieeLxNataalieeL Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    Help me for the tiptop toddler set please :(
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited September 2013
    can someone gift me the Ultimate Fridge please i need it to complete a set :D

I do not want you to think I am being mean because I am not but, I feel you are using my thread to beg for gifts. I did not make this thread for people to beg. I made it because some one gifted me enough items is a set that I was able to go buy the rest. They did not have a wishlist for me to gift something back. I made this tread to help other as I was helped.

I do see you do not have many post but, you have been here since 2012 & your profile show you have many friends & games. You should know by now that begging is frowned upon.

I do not mind you posting but, please just post what set you are trying to complete & give thanks to the people that gifted you.
    edited September 2013
    Naley22 wrote:
    Alitoni wrote:

Its all clean now. i hope hehe. it was way messy before, i just realized with the complete a set its better to buy small and you get more after :)

both yes and no

I think... bassed on what I have seen in my own CYS
    that it only take of some of the point spend on the single item.
    say you buy (or get gifted) a top with a value of 75sp... the CYS might just take of 70sp (for me atleast it never took of the full amount)
    so provided you do have the money, it is likely cheaper to buy the set than buy it as individuels until free.
    BUT with CYS 20 people can all gift 1 person an item from the same set each, and then the person can downloade the whole set or buy it very cheap, and that is fantastic.

I hope that made sense
  • Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am not begging for anything but I would love it if someone could gift me Break Your Dark Heart, Grimmy Leather, or Grimmy Leather Teen so I can get a little closer to completing the Wretched Threads and Loud, Fast, Clash! sets. All three are on my WL.
    Please and Thank you. :D
    Selena_1.jpg
  • ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am currently working on
    The april 2012
    Edited because I managed to finish two of the sets :)

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=13513&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:50396&pcategoryId=12926&ppcategoryId=13512

Now off to stalk a couple of WLS....

Post edited by Unknown User on