Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Someone help me ;_;

I've been trying to play the sims 3 but every time i start the launcher,there's one message "There was an error during startup.Please see log for more details". And i cant play it anymore,what should i do?? :(

Comments

• YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited September 2013
    -Is the disc in the machine when starting?
    -Do you use CC/Mods that could have glitched your game up?
    -Have you tried reinstalling your games? If all else fails that should work, having a clean start. To back up your saved games just copy and paste the Saves folder (in the sims 3 folder, in the EA folder) and paste them somehwhere as backups in your doc's. Then reinstall, and paste them in again :)

I am no tech genius but there are people on here that are. I'd strongly recommend you go onto the Technical Forums (check the forums index) and put this question up there. There is a whole group of people there who can help, giving proper tech-y advice :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi :D

Reinstalling should be your last resort... and even before that just reinstall the base game. But first-

1. What did the log say?
    2. Delete the cache files in The Sims 3 folder (Documents/Electronic Arts).

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.packag
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package
    and the cache files in the WorldCache folder

Start up the launcher...

If that didn't work-
    3. Make a clean save - make sure your game and launcher is off. Go to Documents/Electronic Arts, click on The Sims 3 folder and rename it. Something like Holding will do.... then start up the launcher again.

You will still have your saves and downloads but they'll be in the Holding folder. If the game works then it's something there.

• vqra45vqra45 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2013
    I tried almost everything,nothing worked.. i guess i'll have to reinstall everything ;< thanks anyway