Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

better relationships

something I hated in the ts3 is the fact that relationships never really applied in the game other than the fact you could get new interactions. for example if my sim went over to there moms house they would be kicked out for cooking which never made sense to me. I think your sim should be able to have stronger feelings toward another sim depending on how high their relationship is. :-o
i also want my sims to have a reason to breakup.

Comments

• Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree. Also, if a parent comes to visit you, you should be able to ask them to cook you a meal. :lol:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    something I hated in the ts3 is the fact that relationships never really applied in the game other than the fact you could get new interactions. for example if my sim went over to there moms house they would be kicked out for cooking which never made sense to me. I think your sim should be able to have stronger feelings toward another sim depending on how high their relationship is. :-o
    I agree! That has always been the silliest thing in S3 anyway. You're a guest, nobody offers you something to eat (which is very rude hosting) and when you make it yourself they get mad at you.
    I agree. Also, if a parent comes to visit you, you should be able to ask them to cook you a meal. :lol:
    And do your laundry :lol:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes definitely!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2013

I absolutely agree with you! That annoys me as well in TS3
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited September 2013
    agreed
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    I agree and you shouldn't have to have the innapropiate but for good lifetime trait so your sim can cook at her friends house. That came with WA by the way but still we shouldn't need a lifetime reward for this especially were it concerns your sims parents or siblings brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2013
    Agreed. In fact, I can't wait to hear more about the relationship system in TS4 in general. I'm really hoping their central focus on "the sims themselves" extends to smarter relationship management as well as individual personalities/emotions. Heck, even returning to the kind of relationship systems they had in TS2 would be an improvement, though I'd like to see them go even further than TS2 in making relationships differentiated (different rules for interacting with family, friends, lovers, etc.).
  • Options
    completespaz100completespaz100 Posts: 122 New Member
    edited September 2013
    something that would be cool is that if your sim is close enough friend with another sim they could give them a key to their hose and your sim can crash at there house any time.
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2013
    This makes sense. Family members and close friends should be able to walk into your Sims house and make themselves at home and the other way around.

I do hope they keep the family labels(?) like mother, father, uncle, ex-wife, etc.

Family and friends should also stay in touch once they move out of your Sims house. They should call/come over/tweet with news like "I'm pregnant", "I'm engaged", "I'm getting married on .... I'd like you to be there". Your Sim should not have to read about her child in the newspaper.
  • Options
    kburns421kburns421 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I think A LOT could be improved in terms of relationships, including romantic ones.

Sims shouldn't automatically have the same level of feelings. One sim might just see someone as a friend while the other is in love.

Romantic relationships shouldn't be so easy to create. Maybe it should be impossible between some sims (if they're completely incompatible because of traits or something). Didn't TS2 at least let us choose turn-ons and turn-offs?

I would even like it if sometimes relationships had problems. The only reason for relationship problems currently is cheating, and I don't have my sims cheat. The game becomes too easy once they're in a relationship. They should disagree about things sometimes and have interaction options to compromise or apologize or give in to their partner with moodlets to match depending on their personalities and actions (if TS4 has moodlets). Maybe some sims could have trust issues and will think their partner is cheating when they're not. I just want there to be some sort of difficulty sometimes to keep the game interesting and not quite as easy.

I also agree with everyone else about being able to do things in other sims' houses if they're close enough in relationship.
  • Options
    yhuntresseyhuntresse Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2013
    One problem I had in S3 is that when I'm trying to woo someone, if I do one thing that is flirting related, the other sim's interest automatically drops and I have to start over.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kburns421 wrote:
    I think A LOT could be improved in terms of relationships, including romantic ones.

Sims shouldn't automatically have the same level of feelings. One sim might just see someone as a friend while the other is in love.

Romantic relationships shouldn't be so easy to create. Maybe it should be impossible between some sims (if they're completely incompatible because of traits or something). Didn't TS2 at least let us choose turn-ons and turn-offs?

I would even like it if sometimes relationships had problems. The only reason for relationship problems currently is cheating, and I don't have my sims cheat. The game becomes too easy once they're in a relationship. They should disagree about things sometimes and have interaction options to compromise or apologize or give in to their partner with moodlets to match depending on their personalities and actions (if TS4 has moodlets). Maybe some sims could have trust issues and will think their partner is cheating when they're not. I just want there to be some sort of difficulty sometimes to keep the game interesting and not quite as easy.

I also agree with everyone else about being able to do things in other sims' houses if they're close enough in relationship.

this would be awesome! something that would be cool is that you could think about a sim in either a positive or negative way. for example if your sim thinks romantic thoughts about a sim and then they would develop a secret crush.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i want to be able to call grandparents or close friends to watch your sims kids or if your the sims grandparents you can buy the kid presents and spoil them.
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    This makes sense. Family members and close friends should be able to walk into your Sims house and make themselves at home and the other way around.

You know what...after u said that....now I know why my sim gets kicked out for trying to cook lol
    I own my home and if someone is my guest and just goes in my fridge and starts to cook my food,they would be headed to the door.
    And I'll me extra mad if family or friends walk into my house and "make themselves at home"
    My sisters came to visit me last month and tried to make themselves at home and I was ready to throw them out so yeah,now I can't blame the sims for being this way lol
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree. It was almost like relationships didn't matter for anything.
  • Options
    blakeshelton_fanblakeshelton_fan Posts: 70
    edited September 2013
    Don't forget about babysitting. I should be able to leave my babies at my parents' house so they can babysit. I tried that once and it made me call a babysitter.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2013
    I think parents should scold their children if they are doing something bad in front of them. Like if the kids are pouring soap in a fountain, or if they're tormenting their siblings or something.
    Don't forget about babysitting. I should be able to leave my babies at my parents' house so they can babysit. I tried that once and it made me call a babysitter.
    Yes! If you are a family member, or best friend their should be an option to have them baby sit.