Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 3 ISLAND PARADISE CAUSES LAGGING AND CRASHING! DO NOT BUY!!

1235...Next

Comments

• Mitsurugi2424Mitsurugi2424 Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    i did a little playing around today on isla paradiso..and its so weird...
    i had my sims swim around and noticed their animation was laggy looking, but nothing else was lagging, the clock, my mouse, the water effects were all fine and had no lag. could this be different problem all together?
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    Tomgbates wrote:
    Kirch212 wrote:
    waste of money

Kirch, just shut up haha :D:D its your pc not the game hahhaa mines working perfectly

so to sum up.... shut up

How about you shut up, sit in the corner and be quiet, this game is pathetic, useless, waste of time.

They even now have a guy who is asking for feedback on the game, seems pathetic since the new stuff pack is out soon, call this marketing, hmmm a bit late if you ask me.

sims 3 LAGS - it has always lagged.. why is everyone whining?? mine didn't lag with the base game.. got expansion packs and with every pack since it lags. if it is such a problem then why buy it?? it is a fact of sims until they decide to fix it.. if they decide. yes, i lag.. yes, i freeze.. but i don't come on here whining about it. it doesn't do it all the time and not enough to be crying about it. i play sims everyday.. i have for a very long time.. years.. if the game is that bad.. how do they keep selling it? do not buy it if it's gonna make ya crazy.. you know the probs with sims 3. simple as that.

** To : "carmenscratch" **

WELL aren't you the bossy busy body?
    If You like the lags so much, then it's YOUR choice to put up with it.
    If others choose to point out their game problems it's their right.

My game did NOT lag until IP.
    I love the items & things it brings to the game, but I didn't like the lag & routing issues.
    They get ridiculous sometimes. But at least it's playable & doesn't usually crash, so I consider myself lucky.

I myself, would not think of telling others to stop posting complaints of game issues. It's their right as a PAYING CONSUMER! And many times good tips are given for those that didn't know.

You hate the complaints so much, DON'T READ THEM! To quote you, "Simple as that!"...

Most companies have a policy: ALL feedback is useful, good OR bad!
    It's how they learn, or should. :P

And this is just one of the reasons I am almost never on these forums. It gets nauseating seeing rude & bossy comments mixed in where you are only looking for help or to help others. Having others tell others what to do when these forums were created for a purpose is making me wish the internet would just crash completely. Good manners are dying out the more people use electronics...
    Makes me sad. Even my children think so, and my youngest is 17 Yrs. :x
    edited September 2013
    midge719 wrote:
    Tomgbates wrote:
    Kirch212 wrote:
    waste of money

Kirch, just shut up haha :D:D its your pc not the game hahhaa mines working perfectly

so to sum up.... shut up

How about you shut up, sit in the corner and be quiet, this game is pathetic, useless, waste of time.

They even now have a guy who is asking for feedback on the game, seems pathetic since the new stuff pack is out soon, call this marketing, hmmm a bit late if you ask me.

sims 3 LAGS - it has always lagged.. why is everyone whining?? mine didn't lag with the base game.. got expansion packs and with every pack since it lags. if it is such a problem then why buy it?? it is a fact of sims until they decide to fix it.. if they decide. yes, i lag.. yes, i freeze.. but i don't come on here whining about it. it doesn't do it all the time and not enough to be crying about it. i play sims everyday.. i have for a very long time.. years.. if the game is that bad.. how do they keep selling it? do not buy it if it's gonna make ya crazy.. you know the probs with sims 3. simple as that.

** To : "carmenscratch" **

WELL aren't you the bossy busy body?
    If You like the lags so much, then it's YOUR choice to put up with it.
    If others choose to point out their game problems it's their right.

My game did NOT lag until IP.
    I love the items & things it brings to the game, but I didn't like the lag & routing issues.
    They get ridiculous sometimes. But at least it's playable & doesn't usually crash, so I consider myself lucky.

I myself, would not think of telling others to stop posting complaints of game issues. It's their right as a PAYING CONSUMER! And many times good tips are given for those that didn't know.

You hate the complaints so much, DON'T READ THEM! To quote you, "Simple as that!"...

Most companies have a policy: ALL feedback is useful, good OR bad!
    It's how they learn, or should. :P

And this is just one of the reasons I am almost never on these forums. It gets nauseating seeing rude & bossy comments mixed in where you are only looking for help or to help others. Having others tell others what to do when these forums were created for a purpose is making me wish the internet would just crash completely. Good manners are dying out the more people use electronics...
    Makes me sad. Even my children think so, and my youngest is 17 Yrs. :x

look i agree that none of that was needed or helpfull...but i also feel it important to point out, that it cant really only be a system problem. the sims is a great series, and sims 3 is nothing but fun. that having been said, the lag is a problem that is related to the game its self. i know its easy to just sit and say "my game is fine" and if thats all you have to say then dont comment...cause enough of those makes ppl say even stupider things, and then this all goes from helpful to clusterfckish lol. i would like to see some people posting more helpfull solutions or not posting at all.

for example,someone suggesting setting the sims 3 priority to high or realtime in task manager, clossing other applications, trying nraas's overwatch and errortrap mods. those are helpfull, just saying "mines fine" only further exacerbates the situation and doesnt help anyone, and after enough of those posts i can see someone reacting badly, doesnt make it ok, but not all that hard to understand either lol.

i have a fairly decent system, and i am running into some lag too that i havent had prior to to the island paradise EP. and because of that, i have a hard time believing its simply a sub-par system/setup...can we try and be just a little more constructive on here guys? and by that i mean ignore the OP's "dont buy this" and focus on solutions to the lag many people are experiencing.
    edited September 2013
    just to clarify, SimplySimazing's post is what i agree with, the hate that this was replying too is what i dont lol
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2013
    SimplySimazing, I could not have put it better, Thank you. I myself are not a nasty person, never have been, all of the sims community know me very well, I have played the sims since the first game came along, It just annoys me when people have a go at you or other peeps who is having problems, they talk to me like I am child lol, im 46 and an adult roflmao. The game is obviously at fault and it is getting people down and stressed, very argumentative, I'm one of them.

I am hoping for a patch or something, fair enough I can play the game, even though it crashes, lags etc and my PC is more than adequate.

I am sick to death of seeing sims 4 beta game being pushed/promoted and slammed in our face, EA obviously knows the game is completely broken and are not bothered, all the want is our well earned money.

I have bought all my games, the odd store item, but now I am not interested until they sort their beta game out, then maybe just maybe I will buy the last 2 packs for my collection.

I hope they will sort the mess out soon rather than later, but here's hoping, happy simming everyone.
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited September 2013
    It will be a waste if they don't fix it soon... You think that it would have been fixed a month ago... Personally I think if these people can't fix it soon they need to be replaced and Maxis/EA should hire someone who can actually make this work.

They all have issues... and this is the only one you will find the bug that makes it useless with in the time limit they give to return it. University .... you can't marry if you have a boyfriend in college and break up and several other bugs, Season's(?) or some other expansion makes your plant stop growing... Both of those bugs took WEEKS to find and if I could have I would have returned them because its OBVIOUS after this long they are just going to leave it broken and make Sims 4...

BUT.....
    You have the right to complain to BBB, and The Attorney General of California.

BBB complaint would be against company.
    Attorney General complaint against product....
    We need to get it on record finally. We are talking round 3 here, in a few months round 4? Do you have confidence it will be different? I really don't, now I just want this one fixed.... I had problems in 2 and had to get a new pc... Did you?
    If enough of us do this.... Legit people with problems mind you, I'm not asking people without trouble to cause trouble here.... If we all exercise our consumer rights... When they make Sims 4, if it turns out to be, just this same thing over, "throw them out there, working or not"(in my opinion)then something can be done to stop it.

I for one won't be buying a thing from this company until this list of "known bugs" they have is fixed.

Knowing it's there?
    Doing Nothing?
    That says it all doesn't it?

If I was in charge, Island Paradise's beta team would have been fired... 10 minutes of snorkeling I get Athletic bug... Have you no pride in how you do your jobs? That was a world record.... we need to call Guinness and get you guys that in the world record book, fastest game fail.
    BTW.... When are you going to fix it? Requesting updates Maxis for all of this stuff...... 9/4/2013 .... again. ....

Are we over 3 months for IP's release yet? University over 6? Season's was Nov. 2012, Worlds was 2009... You can't do this, you need to give us fixes, not leave it and make Sims 4. EA put the specs on the box, that is what should make it work, period.... If they low-ball it to sell more copies and it really needed more then we need to report that behavior because it is unscrupulous and there is no other word for it.

Stand up for yourselves!
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2013
    I too am tired of all the bugs, but I don't blame the programmers, nor do I think they are incompetent. I think upper management is giving the developers/programmers way too little time to make the EPs, SPs and even store stuff work properly. An even less time to work on bug fixes.

The problem, I think, is corporate greed.

The developers come up with an idea and a proposal of the man hours needed to complete it - like 10,000 man hours (totally random number - I have no idea how many hours it actually takes) and then upper management says "OK, good idea. Keep all your ideas are in it, but you only have 6,000 man hours. What, you can't make a quality game without bugs, etc. with that many man hours? Oh, well, every game has bugs."

So I don't think firing the programmers will help anything. Considering EA, they would probably just find less experienced programmers that they can pay less money to try to further increase profits.

Upper management are not willing to devote the time and expense necessary to make a better game. That is where I lay the blame. They don't seem to realize that with this philosophy they are going to continue to lose customers - or they just don't care.

Unfortunately, with Sims 4 around the corner, I don't think that we will be getting many more bug fixes for Sims 3. And I don't have a lot of hope that things will be much different in Sims 4.
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully after ITF comes out they'll actually start fixing this game and stop releasing all this new content (EPs/SPs not necessarily store stuff) and not neglect it just because 4 is coming out next year. I will complete my Sims 3 collection because I like it and it's fun despite all the horrid bugs. However I will never touch another Sims game if there is not a little more customer care, bug squashing and product testing. They should clean up their games and fix all the maps that have bugs as well.

Isla Paradiso: Default families in the city have screwed up family trees. (The Altos for instance. Says they're supposed to be married they're just friends and Mr. Alto has a love interest with Hernandez instead. Florita is pregnant supposedly by her ex Maldano. Ashley Alto only shows a relationship with her father and not Ms. Alto. It's a weird love triangle to be sure. But what's going on there?)

World Adventures: China - Dragon Springs are inescapable by non-player Sims. They fail to find a route back to their homes or base camp.

I'm not sure if the bug in Late Night still exists where the Ambitions Simbot opportunity can't be completed at the last part. No option on workbench to construct master invention. I know that used to be a problem for my Sim before I started playing mostly in Moonlight Falls.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have 16gb of ram and 12gb of graphics and haven't so far had any lag but I did have one crash! This must be something to do with the programming.
    edited September 2013
    I have 16gb of ram and 12gb of graphics and haven't so far had any lag but I did have one crash! This must be something to do with the programming.

i moved back to a different town and the game plays normal. the lag i notice on IP is just enough to be noticeable and i think i agree. its just bad programming
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited September 2013
    I do also have many problems with the game since I've installed IP on my PC.

First of all I have to say to those who will ask me about my computer specs, etc., that I'm a computer engineer and I deal with developers every day.

Most of the time the problem are not developers, but the company itself. Each day I assist to a situation like this example:
    Company: how long will it take to develop X?
    Dev: well, it will take 2 months.
    Company: you have 2 weeks.
    Dev: it's impossible, the product will not be good at all and we need to perform all tests: unitary, pre-production and integrated tests.
    Company: you still have 2 weeks.

Appart from this, this game was developed for a 32 bit sistem, which means that even if you have a 64bit PC, the game would not be able to use all your PC resources (memory, CPU, etc.). More or less.

So, the more objects, worlds, SPs and EPs you install, the more problems your game will have.

As I said before, I'm also having problems with the game. In fact, I've been having problems increasingly with every stuff or expansion pack installed. Last month I received error 12 message on saving (this is regarding memory problems) so I uninstalled two EPs and two SPs and now I can save. The funny thing is that my PC reaches by very far the minimum requirements that EA says, which means nothing. I'm using gamebooster, my hd is defragmented, the graphic driver program is tunned for better performance, 4gb patch applied to the game, DEP configured, registry and temp files cleaned... and many other possible things and I still suffer from lag problems.

I also play with many other games with much better graphics as skyrim and I have to say that, appart from the known bugs (which every game has, but not as many as TS3) still is playable.

So now I wasted the many in two SP and two EP that I can't play with if I want to continue playing the game.

Of course I WILL NOT buy TS4 unless this game is decently fixed, which I'm sure will not be.

My question is: how could a company release another EP when there still are dozens of bugs not fixed, some of them critical for gameplay?

PD: Sorry if there are mistakes, I'm not an English speaker.
  • crystalsdontcrycrystalsdontcry Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I've had extra lag after with adding this EP and it has crashed twice. I've not had crashing or lag that couldn't be corrected with a mod with any other EPs, but I wouldn't call IP a waste of money. I use NRAAS mod "Overwatch". It helps some with IP. Hopefully a patch will be out soon to clear up issues.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited October 2013
    As long as I DON'T play in the IP world I am good. Playing in the IP world I get lagged up every 10-15seconds.

:shock: Oddly :shock: enough, other worlds seem to run just fine. LOVING Midnight Hallow and Dragon Valley. Only mods I use are Overwatch and the mod that allows me to place apartment mailboxes, trash chutes, set up tents & picnic areas
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited October 2013

I didn't think the 12gb graphics had been released yet?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2013
    The game itself is not the issue for me, its the world that came with the game.I can use all the features in custom worlds, EA worlds and the game runs good.But as soon as I attempt to play Isle Paradiso, it is major lag as in I can only get one click per minute before it freezes.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited October 2013
    The more stuff you add to the game the slower it will be thats just a fact of life. other than being a little slower to load everytime I add a new game the game runs good once your into it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    edited December 2013
    I read all 8 pages to see what everyone said. It's been a few months now since the last post so I assume everyone has rushed out and grabbed the last eps that came out and forgot about any issues they were having with this.

First off, the town looks gorgeous. The routing issues are hideous tho, my Sim bought a shoreline house and when I clicked on the newspapers to recycle them, he grabbed them one by one, ran past the trash container and swam to the furthest corner in the ocean and dropped them there, I suppose for the Kraken to read?

His lifetime wish was to live in the lap of luxury, 2 days later, after buying the property which was worth 16k roughly to buy with no upgrades and a bit over 1k in funds he suddenly reaches his lifetime goal. His lot value is 16,043 and money in pocket totals $1,198 for a total worth of $17,241, yet mousing over his lifetime wish window says he is worth $102,170/100,000. Thinking maybe he bought some land somewhere while I was grabbing a drink or going potty, I checked real estate and lo and behold, my Sim had acquired over 84k of property without my knowledge or help. Wow!

So, to say there are no issues would be ignoring the obvious; however, to put blame on any one particular person or group is quite unfair. The end users are upset because there are problems with the product, the programmers are upset because they weren't given enough time to properly debug each expansion, EA is upset because the stockholders are breathing down their necks stating that last quarter sucked and they had better increase their profit margin, and the stockholders are upset that their stocks aren't worth as much as they would like and want the end users to buy more games. It's a vicious circle but in spite of this, the game is not a waste of money, it just needs some tender loving from our mod community to fix the problems.

Oh and using the discoverAllUnchartedIslands cheat definitely brings down the lag, but this is a large map and will become more laggy as time goes on and the number of sims living on it increases.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • CharmywoooCharmywooo Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Yep, I'm having this problem too. I've got a brand new laptop with 8gb ram. It loads and then if any edgescrolling or camera movement over the island and it crashes completely. Really disappointing of EA.
    I have found some fixes about my graphics card not being recognised and all that - but it was working fine until the last patch a couple of days ago... i blame that..
    I hope you can all get back to your sims soon
    Xxx :wink: