Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦♦Skelda wins The Sims Survivor: Newbies vs. Oldies! CLOSED.♦♦

Comments

• DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited August 2013
    First question, what's two plus two?
    edited August 2013
    Dayshatw wrote:
    *sits and waits patiently for the email*

Even though, he's supposed to be helping over on the slasher thread.
    I just got home! :evil:

From the hot dog stand?

So pretty! And LOL :lol::lol::lol:
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited August 2013
    Dayshatw wrote:
    *sits and waits patiently for the email*

Even though, he's supposed to be helping over on the slasher thread.
    I just got home! :evil:

From the hot dog stand?
    Duh. :roll: :lol:

I can't wait to see who wins! I am going to make a machinama to announce the winner. Should probably get started on that... Need to make 3 versions!
  • SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,282 Member
    edited August 2013
    Dayshatw wrote:

You always start with the hardest questions! I'm going to go with 4

and a half. Final answer!
  • readreadreadreadreadreadreadread Posts: 6,243 Member
    edited August 2013
    What challenge was the hardest for you?
  • ffiffi27ffiffi27 Posts: 378 Member
    edited August 2013
    Why do you want to win the sims survivor??
    edited August 2013
    Skelda wrote:
    Dayshatw wrote:

You always start with the hardest questions! I'm going to go with 4

and a half. Final answer!

You just lost a vote, dumby!
  • Imeffinawesome92Imeffinawesome92 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited August 2013
    Alright! Here we go!

What does winning survivor mean to you?

If you could apologize to one person on the jury/before the jury who would it be and why?

How honest did you play the game?

Honey boo boo? Yay or Nay?
  • nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2013
    Dayshatw wrote:

*counts on fingers*
    Oops, miscounted
    *counts again*

Um... uh... four?
  • nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited August 2013
    Must we answer the questions on the thread? Can't we email them to... people.
    edited August 2013
    nerdy3000 wrote:
    Must we answer the questions on the thread? Can't we email them to... people.
    All questions and answers must be posted here. If an answer might get someone mad, then don't answer the question. You don'd need to answer every question, but it could cost you a vote.
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Why do you think you deserve to win the sims survivor?
    edited August 2013
    What challenge was the hardest for you?

I was and always have be terrible at that Switch game, so I guess I'll say that. That was also the game that eliminated me last season, so I have a personal issue with it, and it made us turn on an alliance member this time, plus Harry almost lost me that last Immunity by posting the wrong link. But I remember telling nerdy and Jab to throw it so we could eliminate people not in our alliance and my team still lost, which resulted in forcing us to get rid of Fifi. So, we were pretty bad... :lol:
    edited August 2013
    ffiffi27 wrote:
    Why do you want to win the sims survivor??

To prove to myself that I can. I've been in so many of these shows, and I haven't won very many of them. And I mean, it isn't about winning, but this time I really did come in to win. It was pretty crushing when I went out first last time, and so I knew what I had to do to make it to the end, and I did it. It just feels sort of good to know that I could make it to the end and then have people actually like the game I played enough to vote for me. I've always had some confidence issues, and, to know that I did what I had to do, fought, outplayed, and then won? That just seems amazing and impossible and so exciting. :)
    edited August 2013
    Alright! Here we go!

What does winning survivor mean to you?

It means I'm not a failure at reality shows. I've always kind of felt that I was always meant to come in second place in these things, or, more usually, to be the first to go. And now I have a legitimate chance at winning something, and that is just amazing. I want to be able to sit back and be proud of my time here, and I already am, but winning would be the icing on the cake.
    If you could apologize to one person on the jury/before the jury who would it be and why?

I've betrayed a lot of people to get here, so I feel bad about a lot of it. I feel bad about Jab and twiddle and Effie and especially read, since she was with me from the very beginning. But, surprisingly, I think I'd want to apologize to TK, because he never had a chance. He was public enemy number one in our alliance, and we knew he was going as soon as we merged. And then, I started emailing him and pretending I wasn't orchestrating an alliance behind his back and said I wasn't voting for him to go, and I don't know why I had to do that. I guess I wasn't brave enough to look him in the eyes and tell him that he was leaving, since it wouldn't have made a difference really. I am sorry, TK, if you get the chance to play again, you would have had been a great opponent if you had just had a bit of a bigger alliance. And the fact that we were so afraid of opposing alliances that we got rid of you right off the bat just seems cruel.
    How honest did you play the game?

I was honest to nerdy, and that is about it. I wouldn't have made it this far if I hadn't been willing to betray a couple people before they were able to see it coming. I formed an alliance right off the bat with Mistey and read and we surrounded ourselves with Oldies, Corey, and later, Fifi. I was honest with Fifi, I remember. I told her that Jab had been in an alliance with us since the beginning, and that he had just been using her for her vote. But, really, we always knew that we were going to backstab the Oldies alliance in we wanted to have a chance. If I hadn't done that, I may well have found myself in 7th place rather than at least 3rd, and I wanted so badly to get to jury, I was willing to do almost anything. But, I am being upfront about that, and, while I do feel sorry for Jab and read and Mistey and Effie and Corey and TK and all the others I lied to this season, I did what I had to do to get to the end.
    Honey boo boo? Yay or Nay?

I'm not a fan, but I'm in no position to judge anyone who is. I think she is a little bit...revolting, though. :P
    edited August 2013
    Why do you think you deserve to win the sims survivor?

I was always thinking in the game. Harry can tell you how much I was emailing him strategy and how passionate I am about this game. A lot of how all of us got here is because of our alliance, so I guess I'll take an opportunity to fill those of you who don't know in.

Basically, right away Mistey, read, and I formed an alliance together, and added all of the Oldies except for Tears and Corey to it. We basically just eliminated Haylo and Tears when we lost those challenges, and we never had much of a problem. But Mistey, read, and I were going to be final three from the beginning.

Then, after the merge, we basically picked everyone off one by one. It was ridiculously easy, with a big alliance. Around this point, Mistey, read, and I added Nerdy to our alliance, and used her to backstab Jab, who was so charismatic and a challenge threat. We added Fifi to our alliance just before this as well, although I was against it, since no matter how sweet she was, she was one more person I was going to have to betray and I just didn't want to. So after Fifi and Jab were gone, twiddle had lost all hope and knew it was coming, and then it was just Read, Effie, Mistey, nerdy, and me.

This is where my gameplay really differs from that of my alliance. I realized that Mistey and read had a final two deal, and that nerdy had become one of us, so if I didn't act I might well find myself in third or fourth place. I didn't think much of my challenge abilities, despite that fact that I do have the most challenge wins in the final three somehow, so I emailed nerdy and asked her for a final two, proposing my idea. It was here that I learned that Mistey and Read had a final two with nerdy as well, and they thought they could play us all season! We contacted Effie, and decided to add her, to take down the duo of Mistey and read. Mistey became inactive, so we figured she didn't matter, and so we decided to get rid of read because that made more sense. Effie unfortunately accidentally voted for Mistey, but it didn't wind up mattering,and we eliminated read, the biggest threat of the season. Then, when I won that last Immunity, I knew that Effie was the last Newbie standing and that she had been the underdog all season, so I was sure that she would win, so I had no choice but to eliminate her. That is how we all got here.

Mistey got here by becoming inactive. Nerdy got here by doing what I told her to. I got here by masterminding everything. And that is why I think I should win.
    edited August 2013
    Let's give this a late night bump. A winner will be crowned Sunday at 10 AM EST! In the mean time, get those questions in!
  • misteygirlmisteygirl Posts: 3,003 Member
    edited August 2013
    Dayshatw wrote:

I know this one. It's... Four! *puts on nerd glasses*

I'm Prada and You're Nada.
    edited August 2013
    Skelda wrote:
    I'm starting school on the 5th. When do you all start?
    I started on the 12th. Eighth grade is my hardest year so far. Probably because I'm taking 2 high school IB classes (all my other classes are IB as well)
    edited August 2013
    Quite a few were quite challenging. But I think the Switch it game was pretty hard. I was never good at that game (which is probably why Harry kept brining it back)

One of the funnest challenges for me was the makeover challenge! I loved going into game and showing the different clothes. Plus I loved how everyone worked together and we got oldies to victory! Sorry I know this wasn't a question but I looked at the challenges again and went down memory lane. :)
    edited August 2013
    misteygirl wrote:
    Skelda wrote:
    I started on the 12th. Eighth grade is my hardest year so far. Probably because I'm taking 2 high school IB classes (all my other classes are IB as well)
    You're going into eighth?! Yous a youngin'!
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited August 2013
    Okay heres my question:

What do you think was your most strategic move in the game? :mrgreen:

Christmas_Banner.png
    edited August 2013
    Nononononono.

People!!! Don't reveale all the good juicy backstage stuff! I'm supposed to do that! :(
    edited August 2013
    misteygirl wrote:
    Skelda wrote:
    You're going into eighth?! Yous a youngin'!

I be a seventh grader. Woot woot!
    edited August 2013
    Also. 1D? Thoughts?