Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender differences (sexual orientation) introduced into The Sims 4

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    The mod comes from Nraas. Not sure if it's Mastercontroller or Storyprogression, but in one of those you can randomize the gender preference of the NPCs in town and dictate what percentage of them should be gay.

That's StoryProgression. I use that option sometimes to increase the gay percentage.

MasterController lets you set a sim's gender preference if you want to.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited August 2013
    Drowningmermaid, you really need to edit out your teen statement because it's against site rules.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Drowningmermaid, you really need to edit out your teen statement because it's against site rules.

Already reported her. She has until the mods intervene.
    edited August 2013

I don't get why this is such a popular request? I swear I tell people to edit it out of their posts every 2 days. :( I should probably just pretend not to notice!
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013

I don't get why this is such a popular request? I swear I tell people to edit it out of their posts every 2 days. :( I should probably just pretend not to notice!

Just do what I do... report them and move on. After the first time they get banned, they usually get the hint.
    edited August 2013

Just do what I do... report them and move on. After the first time they get banned, they usually get the hint.

I try to avoid reporting people for reasons other than being mean/controversial/trolls but oh well!
  • pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited August 2013
    While I would like to see the orientation part be in the game, I doubt that it will ever happen, this is a very controversial issue and would affect the sale of the game. They left that open for use to decide on our own.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would just like to point out since no one has already that males having higher libido is a cultural myth. Different cultures across various countries and historical periods have developed different stereotypes about which sex has higher libido and our stereotype happens to hold that it is males, but recent scientific studies from a variety of different approaches have been debunking this. Libido differs from individual to individual and has no correlation with being male or female at all.

This has no bearing on the game as they probably won't add it in anyway, but I just wanted to point out that the equality between sim sexes on this issue is actually more in line with reality than a departure from it.

Where can I find those studies?

I'm curious, because although it's true that libido varies across cultures, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there wasn't a culture where women had a higher libido than men.

Note: I'm just curious, I'm certainly not in favour of the difference being hardcoded into the game.
  • iPatrickediPatricked Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think menstrual cycles and sex drive are a bit ... Detailed for EA's target audience. But IMO, sexual orientation is an absolute must. It's an essential part of everyday life that affects everyone. EA already have gay marriage and relationships in TS3 - why not go the extra mile?
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    they need girl clothes for boys :(

Why? I don't like this at all. It would be really annoying.
    gender equality just give the option for randomly generated sims to be turned off and your sorted. i need custom content to make my sims how i want them because no girl clothes for boys
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

gender equality just give the option for randomly generated sims to be turned off and your sorted. i need custom content to make my sims how i want them because no girl clothes for boys

Oh maybe I wasn't really clear. I don't mind if people want to dress their Sims like transexuals, but I would be worried that random kids, and teens would spawn in the game and the boys would wear girls clothes, and girls would wear guy clothes. Since it'll look really weird. Just don't want it in my game.

However if they gave us an option, but kids wouldn't spawn like that then I'd be cool with it.

• Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    edited August 2013
    No, I would not like for my Sims to be on the rag every month. We know they have a cycle, they can get pregnant! I would like for ALL teen sims, not just girls, to be moody, or more snippy to other people every now and then. Like in TS3 where it says "Whoever is having mood swings" it'll be nice to actually see that.

I think it's ridiculous that a female Sims should be more moody than a male, that's just stupid. The real world already puts gender labels on us, let's not do it in a virtual world where we can be whoever we want to be. I commend the Sims and EA for being, for the most part, a very gender neutral game world.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    Neonivek,

Lets call it a draw. You cannot prove to me that moody girls in their cycle and sex crazed boys are in any ERSB teen game without the benefit of a mod. Or that it would actually be accepted as such. You don't care for Second Life because it falls under different ratings. But, I still say you are wrong and they will have to raise the ratings. Period. Parents care more about sexuality in games then they do about violence. EA will never put this in a teen rated game so it is really a moot point. It is taboo to most people, as well as being controversial, unless you are in the health field. That is why you do not see this in other teen games. I mean really, what does it add to the game? Lets just agree to disagree.

I really do not care for the words moody and sex crazed because I think it just divides the representation of women and men in video games further.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2013
    Where can I find those studies?

I'm curious, because although it's true that libido varies across cultures, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there wasn't a culture where women had a higher libido than men.

Note: I'm just curious, I'm certainly not in favour of the difference being hardcoded into the game.

Two excellent books on the subject for general readers are Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha, and What Do Women Want?: Adventures in the Science of Female Desire by Daniel Bergner. Between them, these books cover evidence from anthropology, zoology, and biochemistry about the lack of libido difference.

And the ancient Greeks believed that women had much higher libido than men--a man who was slave to his lusts was considered to be acting like a woman. There are lots of books on that subject if you're interested--I'd just go to Amazon and search the terms "gender" and "ancient Greece" to find a good selection.
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

So your against cross-dresser.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

I only make modern houses, so any objects that aren't modern (or post-modern/futuristic) should be removed from the game, just because I don't like them.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited August 2013
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

I don't see why it would be a bad idea..since up till I guess the 20th century (I presume late) boys until they were 6 or 7 years of age wore white dresses and had long hair. When they were 6 or 7 years old they could get trousers and have their first hair cut.

I wish boy toddlers could wear dresses and have long hair like their toddler sisters.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

I suggest you should read my previous reply to someone else before you jump down and make accusations. Just in general.

First you accuse someone of homophobia, and now you're saying I'm against cross dressing. :roll:
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

I don't see why it would be a bad idea..since up till I guess the 20th century (I presume late) boys until they were 6 or 7 years of age wore white dresses and had long hair. When they were 6 or 7 years old they could get trousers and have their first hair cut.

I wish boy toddlers could wear dresses and have long hair like their toddler sisters.

I thought breeching was typically 4-5? But that's a small point.

I remember at the office I used to work at we had a "guess the child" charity competition where staff submitted pictures of themselves as a toddler or a small child and we all had to guess who was who. One of the gentlemen, who I think would be around age 60 now, gave in a picture of himself wearing one of those toddler dresses. Even though I knew about breeching as a historical event, I totally thought it was a female member of staff! So yeah, guess you are right that it continued into the mid 20th century. Even if it was a one off like a Christening gown, it shows that old traditions still persist.
  • EdwardJ50EdwardJ50 Posts: 66
    edited August 2013
    Gay should be brought into sims! Its life...
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited August 2013
    EdwardJ50 wrote:
    Gay should be brought into sims! Its life...
    It's already in sims and has always been. I don't know what you're on about. :-o
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sims don't even have separate bowel and bladder functions. They need that basic detail before we start on even finer detail!
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2013
    "It's an essential part of everyday life that affects everyone."
    How do you figure?

"EA already have gay marriage and relationships in TS3 - why not go the extra mile?[/quote]
    The extra mile would be forcing it onto people who do not play the game that way.

Personally, I don't like any of the ideas presented in this forum (I respect those who do). IMHO, the game is fine just the way it is because it allows the player to play the way he/she wants. For everything else, there's a mod.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like love / sexual interactions in the Sims the way they are. :wink:
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited August 2013

What did she say?