Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Urbz: Sims In The City (Ps2) recreation project

Hello everyone!

Some of you must remember this awesome game known as Urbz. I've always loved it and now that I got an emulator on my PC, I can play it.

But! Not only can I play it, I can reproduce the exact same lot sizes! I've been redrawing blueprints for the lots lately, and so far I have 98th Ave, The Foundry, Diamond Heights, Darius' Penthouse and Skyline Beach. It wasn't easy, but I managed to redraw, tile by tile, all of these lots. I plan on making all 11 playable lots and some that are around said lots, because, honestly, what's a world with 11 lots?

Now that's where I need your help!

I won't lie, I am terrible at CAW, lol. I am even terrible at landscaping in-game. I'd need someone to build me a relatively easy world. A flat, modern world with a more squarey shape, canals and so on. Even the roads are already laid out on the image.
37233.png

Me? I build. That's what I do. I'm not the best, but I'm good if I do say so myself.

So far, the only building I managed to complete, is 98th Ave, 3rd Floor, AKA the starting apartment. It's unfurnished, just like in Urbz.
fP1Eynz.jpg"width=600"
zSMGEja.jpg"width=600"

I'm hoping to find people who love the Urbz as much as I do and that are interested in helping me in my project.

Comments

• AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited December 2013
    37239.jpg"width=600"
    The Foundry progress!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited August 2013
    Loved, Loved, Loved the URBZ!

I played it on the game cube. It'll be so cool to watch your progress on this one. :mrgreen:
  • georgemee8georgemee8 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh my gosh!! I love the Urbz! I still have it on my Ps2 :D! Definitley going to keep on watching for updates. And, btw, on the starting apartment, it came with a stereo and a fridge, I think.

I love your recreation of the foundry. It's my second favourite district (after Neon East) :D! But, I think the colours are more... 'Yellow'ish, I think. It may just be the sunlight, but my memories of the foundry are always yellow. O.o

You gotta be an amazing builder to accomplish this. No doubt, you are, but Neon East is on a tunnel, Cozmo Streets 'VIP' area is on the water, and with Skyline Beach and Diamond Heights, there are bridges to connect the rooms. Keep up the good work! :D
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Urbz was my FAVE game when I was younger! I wish I knew how to build the world for u because I would love a recreation of Urbz!
    edited August 2013
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Actually, George, you get a fridge, a shower and a couch at the start but they're in your inventory xD Thank you!
    edited August 2013
    I lost The Foundry because I didn't save, haha. But that's okay, I'll rebuild it later. I think I'll try either Darius' Penthouse (I'll change the name to Jayde's Penthouse, since she's the one in charge plot-wise at the end I think) or Diamond Heights.
    edited December 2013
    36w3Kp4.png"width=600"
    Hey people, I made the basic outline of Diamond Heights. Unfortunately I can't get my skyscraper higher? Could anyone please explain how to make it much higher?
  • steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited August 2013
    I made a tutorial on this a little while back:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=391107

I must say this is looking rather interesting, so keep it up. :thumbup:
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited August 2013
    love this world!!!! urbz was the best sims game
    edited August 2013
    Thank you both! :D

Steph; I saw :D Unfortunately, the images don't show to me and I can't really understand it without them :(
    edited December 2013
    UoSgIpH.jpg"width=600"

I figured it out :D Do you think I went too high? I mean Diamond Heights was even higher than the clouds, so...
  • GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited August 2013
    -Lurks-

I too am keen on the progress of this. I loved Urbz.
    edited August 2013
    Thank you! :D
    edited December 2013
    Zqqp7CD.jpg"width=600"

Progress! :D
  • bbordewykbbordewyk Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looking good, instantly recognizable :D
    edited August 2013
    Thank you! :D
    edited August 2013
    Bump? Impressions? :B
  • Xmajor22Xmajor22 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I can't wait to see this finished I only hope you make it an island city surrounded by beaches, dive spots, and Hidden Islands.
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited August 2013

Oooh, I loved the Urbz also. I actually started a world based on it about 6 months ago then ran into some problems with one of my worlds that slowed me down a lot. So I abandoned it and have moved on.

Your buildings are looking excellent, it`ll be nice to see some paint in the world. Keep it up :D

edited August 2013
    Thank you! But I'm only using an empty world at the moment to build them.

And well, I don't think Urbz had any of those :( I wanna keep it very urbanesque.
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Bump
    edited August 2013
    Hey, sorry for the lack of progress! I've been studying lately. I would appreciate any help from anyone, even in making Sims! A CAW flat world with a basic outline of the world shown on the first page.
  • NickGermanottaNickGermanotta Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I would be happy to recreate sims!!! :D
    Just tell me who you want to make first x
  • NickGermanottaNickGermanotta Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    image.jpg

I made Diva Roma and Cash Monet from Diamond Heights, that's a start :mrgreen:
    edited September 2013
    Hi! I'm sorry, I've been busy :D But I hope to start again real soon!

They look awesome! Did you use any CC?