Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Cycle 3: Headshot Edition - Mock Judging in Progress - Sign-Ups Closed!

Comments

• Options
    OogieBoogieStixxOogieBoogieStixx Posts: 377 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Okay, I guess since you've submitted your mock and no scores are comple yet, you can join Oogie. :)

But no more last minute sign-ups! PLEASE. :XD:

Thank you very much for accepting my model.^.^.
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think just because of all the signups, 15 people should make it instead of 10. Just sayin... :lol:
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    oh geez... im so nervous.. ahhhh!!!!

scared-icon.png
    This. D:
    *sits on packed suitcase*
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm so paranoid right now... O____e'' Worried as heck xD

paranoid.gif
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited August 2013
    for reallll!

dying-dying.gif
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey, guys.

Star quit the forums.

He didn't tell anyone, simply left. He deleted the e-mail so he couldn't be tempted back in, too.

He told me he was just feeling depressed because he wanted to leave, but he had too many commitments keeping him there, so he finally just went ahead and quit out.

I'm assuming that this competition is closed now due to him leaving. I know it sucks, since this was looking pretty promising, but you won't be hearing from him any more, so don't bother wasting your time checking back here any longer :(

With love,
    Lala <3
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hey, guys.

Star quit the forums.

He didn't tell anyone, simply left. He deleted the e-mail so he couldn't be tempted back in, too.

He told me he was just feeling depressed because he wanted to leave, but he had too many commitments keeping him there, so he finally just went ahead and quit out.

I'm assuming that this competition is closed now due to him leaving. I know it sucks, since this was looking pretty promising, but you won't be hearing from him any more, so don't bother wasting your time checking back here any longer :(

With love,
    Lala <3

Oh wow. Well, that's a shame but I understand his situation. :/ It was a great competition while it lasted :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wooooowwww

O_O.
  • Options
    darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited August 2013
    well i'm not that surprised by that. he's dropped out of the blue before. you know i have know idea what goes on everyone's lives outside the forums, and i can understand life can get in the way and you just don't to both being around here. i get it. but the decent thing to do is to at least say something. just dropping off without a word doesn't show a good reflection on you. and to think he gave someone grief for wanting to close her comp. whatever, i am not going to bother entering comps with people who have a track record of dropping like this. i'm going to be much more careful. i would be less upset if he would have at least told us.
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2013
    Aww, that's really too bad... I was looking forward to this competition. He really should have said something!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited August 2013
    He specifically opted not to say anything because he didn't want to disappoint or upset anybody, and he also didn't want anybody to try to stop him or make him feel bad about leaving. The Sims forums and the stuff on here was just consuming so much of his time, pretty much everything revolved around the stuff that went on here. It was negatively affecting other parts of his life.

Don't complain that he didn't tell you. He did tell you, but he did it through me rather than on his own account. He just did it right before I posted that message, so it's not like he's been gone for a week and I only just now bothered to let you guys know.

purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    welll i loved this idea someone please host a new one! hehe I'll love you forever! I'm learning how to make my own make up and this inspired me :D
  • Options
    Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited August 2013
    I really loved this idea too. I would be open to hosting a headshot only comp as long as I am not stepping on anybody's toes.
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    if its OFFICIAL star is gone i think it would be fair for all the contestants that are eager for this idea :D

ill sponsor prizes if no one thinks its biased. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    if its OFFICIAL star is gone i think it would be fair for all the contestants that are eager for this idea :D

ill sponsor prizes if no one thinks its biased. :D

I am all for doing it and for any help or sponsors as long as it is official also :)
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited August 2013
    thanks for that missbrite that's very sweet of you to do that, but i'm going to leave this comp. i have been down this road before and it just ended up frustrating me so unless maybe one of the judges wants to take over, maybe the comp could continue on, but it doesn't seem fair to have people wait too long since we all took the time we did to create our assignments.

i don't appreciate being told not to complain since it's my right to. i'm not someone who goes around making waves, however, if i feel as though something needs to be said then i will say it. i don't hate him, i do feel like something should have been said, regardless. leaving us out to dry was not cool. so if you have a problem with me voice my frustration then that's on you. it would have been nicer if we were given a heads up, that's all. so good luck to everyone who stays but i'm not going to.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    WHAAAT? :D? Someone is gonna host this? As much as I'm super glad to hear that, this competition is the Cycle 3 of Animal which is originally hosted by Star. And I don't think he'd appreciate it if someone hosted his Cycle without his consent. Maybe open up a new headshots competition then that'd be probably fine :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    WHAAAT? :D? Someone is gonna host this? As much as I'm super glad to hear that, this competition is the Cycle 3 of Animal which is originally hosted by Star. And I don't think he'd appreciate it if someone hosted his Cycle without his consent. Maybe open up a new headshots competition then that'd be probably fine :)

That is what I meant Angel. Start a new comp with the same basic idea. I do not want to continue his. I just don't want anyone thinking I stole his idea.
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tacha75 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

That is what I meant Angel. Start a new comp with the same basic idea. I do not want to continue his. I just don't want anyone thinking I stole his idea.

Ahhhh!! xD Okay lol :) If so, I don't think it'd be a problem to start a new competition.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I should have been a little clearer :)
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited August 2013
    I also don't make waves on this forum but I'm with Darla here. This isn't the first time I have wasted my time in one of star's comps only for him to drop everything and take off. Sure, I understood because things come up IRL but twice? I should have learned from the last comp. The last time, he came back after one of the judges was preparing to take over. I totally get that people have lives outside of here. We all do, and that's why I get annoyed when my time is wasted. No offense to anyone or to you, star, but if and when you return, I won't make this mistake a third time. I will also be much more selective of which comps I join.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Awh, I was excited about this. D:
    Oh well... If someone made another headshot comp, I'd join. :3
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh god not again! Everything is dropping off the face of the modelling forums this week. :( (Hell I'm one to talk...but still...)

Guess I'm dropping out too then. Thanks for hosting this as far as it went anyway, Star. I too have depression so I know how it feels to throw yourself into too many things and then become overwhelmed and stressed because you don't know where to begin. At the same time though, I do feel that a note from yourself on dropping out would have been more appropriate, instead of leaving everyone waiting for scores.

Lala, if you hear from Star again please tell him that I hope he starts to feel brighter again soon, some of us know how it feels to be where he is right now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darla and Chelle: I don't feel like you're "making waves" at all by voicing your opinions. thats the point of a forum right?! ;) (in retrospect-people are so sensitive they might consider it making waves... thank god i know how to surf)

Angel: yeah tash and me were talking about how someone should start one only if its for sure for sure star is dropping out. i love this idea<33

JKS:i agree with you fully and feel you on the whole depression thing. i have severe social anxiety.. different but can sometimes get the some symptoms :]
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited August 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Tacha75 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

Ahhhh!! xD Okay lol :) If so, I don't think it'd be a problem to start a new competition.

I think starting a new contest with a similar theme of close-ups, is a great idea. It is sad to hear that Star is feeling unable to continue, but for the 20 people that put time into this contest and creating their mocks it would only be fair to allow them the chance to continue in a contest with a similar structure to this one, me included ;).
    0EbLrhU.png