Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gender differences (sexual orientation) introduced into The Sims 4

Comments

• NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Really? Did you look it up? I did. Google it. Or do you need assistance?

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?titleOrPublisher=Second+Life&searchType=title
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sifjada wrote:
    Is that implying that a period is something 13-18 year olds don't experience? I recall having been 10 at that time, lol.

Oh, honey, I'm sorry :/ I was 14, but I've had so many problems...I may face surgery later on because of it. Before my latest medication, I would have to take pain killers for 10-14 days -- not good for your body. If I didn't, I would be incapacitated and of no use to anyone for that time frame. It's a horrible experience for me, and I would never wish it upon my sims.

There was (were) a mod(s) in TS2 for this -- for those who want their sims to deal with it. I wouldn't bother with it. Not my cup of tea.

I'm ok with making teens full of mood swings and angst. Heck, even giving guys wishes to kiss more often is ok with me. (kiss, that's all they can do. Yes, we know what teens do IRL, but this is the sims.) I'm ok with women facing mood swings, along with cravings, etc., but there is no need, IMO, for menstrual cycles to be a factor.

Besides, what's the point? Making sims go to the bathroom more often? I don't go any more or less when I have that trouble. Not going into detail -- not necessary.

And, aren't sims asexual? My sims don't have crushes on same sex sims when they're best friends. If I've had a opposite sex relationship, my sim will have wishes to kiss, etc. with opposite sex sims. Now, if I flirt with a same sex sim...but that's different. :lol:
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    That is very exciting, but what does it have to do with Second Life? Here, let me help you. We are obviously not on the same page.

http://www.tantratotalwoman.com/products/tantratotalwomanhud.html
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Neonivek wrote:
    If you don't have any evidence to refute her question, then how can you say she's wrong?

I am refuting her baseline and waiting for people to come to their senses without scouring for sources... You want evidence? Actually read the ESRB.

Since "A girl has her period" is under suggestive themes at most... Which is Rated T at most.

Before you say "No sexual themes" I should state that only "Intense" sexual themes enter M.
    TEEN

Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language

I know she is wrong because I have actually read the ESRB for games and the similar one for movies.

Here's your problem: The claim being made, by myself and others, is that there are no T rated games which allow that. That means one of the sources is a complete lack of that in T rated games, and in turn also means that the lack of that is evidence in favor.

The only time I've even seen menstruation mentioned, it's been in M-rated games and above.

So, there's my sources and my evidence. Where's your's?

And have you considered that you are the one who needs to come to their senses, since you have absolutely no proof at all that your challenge is even legitimate?
    edited August 2013
    Neonivek wrote: Name me one other game rated M because of girls having periods.

Actually, I did. Second Life. You owe me a apolpgy.
    edited August 2013
    Duplicate.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Neonivek wrote: Name me one other game rated M because of girls having periods.

Actually, I did. Second Life. You owe me a apolpgy.

Actually, Second Life isn't rated by the ESRB. It can't be; the ESRB doesn't rate user-created content and that's pretty much all Second Life is.
  • DailycrumbDailycrumb Posts: 286 New Member
    edited August 2013
    guilh wrote:
    Also, I forgot about sexual orientation. I believe Sims shouldn't be always bisexual by default, if there was a way to do this, they'd start discovering themselves in adolescence through romantic relationships. For example, your teen Sim could have a tendency to feel attraction (through wishes or any other attraction mechanism) towards the opposite sex. However, if you want them to pursue relationships with the same sex, soon enough, they'll start becoming attracted to the sex you have made them pursue. This would give us the ability of discovering their romantic tendencies and have us choose whether to follow them or not. By contradicting, your Sim develops a different sexual orientation. By pursuing, Sims' attraction to the whichever sex would increase until they are exclusively homosexual or heterosexual. Sims who pursue relationships with both sexes would be bisexual, and depending on the number of relationships they have with each sex, they would either lean towards one or feel equal attraction to both. That's all. :)

nah
    edited August 2013
    .3 Second Life Age Verification for Moderate and Adult Only.

In order to access Second Life regions or listings designated as “Moderate” or "Adult Only" Content (which Content may be explicitly sexual, intensely violent or otherwise designated as Adult under our Maturity Ratings ("Adult Only Content"), you affirm that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of legal majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority. You further agree that as a condition to accessing Moderate and/or Adult Only Second Life, you will submit to account verification as required by Linden, and provide only true and accurate identification documentation to Linden or its third party service providers to verify your age. You further acknowledge that you will comply with our Maturity Ratings, and conduct any activities we have defined as Moderate and/or Adult only within regions designated as Moderate and/or Adult

Not sure why there is a smilie there since this was a copy and paste, but it did say 18 on the TOS.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    I had to look up the TOS, since I don't play the game. But it is the closest thing I could find to a sims game. The point is, this is the Sims. Not Second Life. And people seem to want to turn it into that.
  • MegasaurusMegasaurus Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone considered menstruation isn't in any games rated by the ESRB because it's not something that should be in a game?

You talk about wanting to add it to create more realism but we have vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies, genies, ghosts, and mermaids. So I think the realism argument is kinda moot.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    Why would anyone want periods in the game? Don't periods bring discomfort, and unpleasantness? Do people really wanna watch there Sims suffer? Kind of sick if you ask me. :?
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited August 2013
    they need girl clothes for boys :(
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    they need girl clothes for boys :(

Why? I don't like this at all. It would be really annoying.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    That is very exciting, but what does it have to do with Second Life? Here, let me help you. We are obviously not on the same page.

Stop!

If that isn't an ESRB it doesn't count... period.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    Why would anyone want periods in the game? Don't periods bring discomfort, and unpleasantness? Do people really wanna watch there Sims suffer? Kind of sick if you ask me. :?

Yes. This is exactly right. It would add nothing to the game. I know many people want a realistic game but as far as I'm concerned, there has to be a point to the realism.

To me, this is the crucial factor - realism should be in the game when it adds to the gameplay. I don't agree with adding things just because they exit in real life, or when all they would do in game is add extra animations that serve no particular purpose besides eating up a sim's time.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sexual orientation - I love this I even updated a petition about it.

Periods - that's just too gross and some people play the sims as an utopian - it's their dream world. I don't think that's just because it's it real life it should be in the game. There are some things that aren't meant to be in the sims and this is one of them. I don't think it will raise game rating as the average from getting a period is 12.

Mood swings - I would like this if it was a similar style in sims 3 generations. Although I think it should make your sims feel happy as well as mean and rebellious.
  • 1van_der_vaart231van_der_vaart23 Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2013
    EA would never put something like this in the sims. it's just too controversial. and besides that, as some of you already said, the sims is not supposed to be super-realistic. we don't need periods or murder in the game, just because it exists in real life.
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - FOOTBALLER WITH THE BEST TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD.
    skill.gif RAFA YOU'RE THE BEST!
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    This thread...is still...open?
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would just like to point out since no one has already that males having higher libido is a cultural myth. Different cultures across various countries and historical periods have developed different stereotypes about which sex has higher libido and our stereotype happens to hold that it is males, but recent scientific studies from a variety of different approaches have been debunking this. Libido differs from individual to individual and has no correlation with being male or female at all.

This has no bearing on the game as they probably won't add it in anyway, but I just wanted to point out that the equality between sim sexes on this issue is actually more in line with reality than a departure from it.
  • gigiandreggigiandreg Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I know some people want the ability to make their Sims a specific sexual orientation but I can't see EA ever including that in the game. You could always get a mod if it's something you're really passionate about.

I wouldn't want to see my female Sims suffer through their period so, that's a no from me.
  • Graceey_72Graceey_72 Posts: 678 New Member
    edited August 2013
    gigiandreg wrote:
    I know some people want the ability to make their Sims a specific sexual orientation but I can't see EA ever including that in the game. You could always get a mod if it's something you're really passionate about.

Where? Where?
  • gigiandreggigiandreg Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Graceey_72 wrote:
    gigiandreg wrote:

Where? Where?

Someone on the second page mentioned it. I think you could probably find it on modthesims.
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2013
    The mod comes from Nraas. Not sure if it's Mastercontroller or Storyprogression, but in one of those you can randomize the gender preference of the NPCs in town and dictate what percentage of them should be gay.
  • drowningmermaiddrowningmermaid Posts: 365 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I would just like to see more of the guys clothes for girls and girls clothes for boys....why don't girls get high tops?

Maybe they could have the options of gay, bi, hetro, and free willed.

I personally like how they are but I wish there would be more gay townies. It seems like they all lean to the straight side of the scale unless I play them differently.

I do wish teens could do a few more....things....I mean 16 and pregnant is on tv all the time....

And yea....there is not difference between guys and girls libido...it varies person to person.