The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else is waiting for weather before buying?

I am. Maybe if EA sees how many of us will hold off on buying until we get weather, they will add it to the base game. :mrgreen: I want rain, thunder & lightning.... & maybe a little fog.

Comments

• StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree that it would be great to have rain and other basic weather. However, I just want them to focus on making a great base game, so if weather will take up too much time or make them cut something else out, I will wait. But a Seasons EP should be the first to come out, I can't believe how long it took for TS3 Seasons.
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, 3 years. :shock:
    EA will lose money not adding it. They won't get my 70 buck for the base game. If I have to wait for an ep, I'll probably get them on sale. That's not going to make them money.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm not even sure I would buy another Seasons EP.....so no....I'm not waiting.

I'm waiting to see game play. If the game play is great I don't care if my Sims get rained on while they are doing something.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    I may be waiting, but it won't be for weather.
    I do like weather however.

It depends on how things turn out. If I really like the game play, but am disappointed with various other features, I may be waiting for 4-6 Eps come out first and snap up good sale prices. If there is a CC community, they should be running full speed. The base game and majority of the EPs will be patched. And I won't experience the boredom that comes in about 4 months of only having the base game.

If I really don't like it, due to some missing features near and dear to me, I would probably just skip it and use the money for other entertainments.
    If I buy the base game at launch, it will be because I am feeling strongly satisfied with what EA has shown. Not happening yet, but there is plenty of time left.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been totally CC and mod free this time around. I'll try them when I install the last ep.
    They should have whoever worked on ITF work on TS4. I have never seen so much new stuff in an ep before.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've been totally CC and mod free this time around. I'll try them when I install the last ep.
    They should have whoever worked on ITF work on TS4. I have never seen so much new stuff in an ep before.

Did you ever think that if game play is better we won't need so much "stuff"?

I see frantic players who can't wait for the next EP, the next SP, the next world, the next store set for TS3.

It seems that we try to make play better by adding stuff and new scenery. What we end up with are the same intellectually challenged Sims living in pretty places with another hot tub.

I think that if the Sims themselves are better and game play is more compelling it's not going to matter as much where they are or if they have a new food processor.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2013
    I may not even get it after weather/seasons comes out. I'm sick of playing this game with EA. This feature clearly is a base-game feature.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2013
    What if a season ep never comes out? (Just a thought not saying its actually going to happen cause it won't happen :D)

A lot of people are tired of the same type of ep. Its always: Some type of nightclube theme, theme with animals, a theme with weather, a university.

Maybe the eps will be something completely new!

• breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I will wait to buy it because I still have alot of playing to do with TS3.I refuse to start all over right now and my Sims 3 still have life to it.I love the way TS4 look but,it is not a must have..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nope, not waiting for weather. It will come along in an ep, hopefully sooner than in the sims 3. :shock:

The sims 4 is shaping up to be a different style than 3 ever was, so I'll be buying day of release.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i will be waiting for weather and supernaturals may just skip on it because what many others are saying
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    nah

ill probably end up getting it as soon as it comes out
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited August 2013
    Before TS3 seasons pack I might have felt this way. Now, I have to use a mod to stop if from raining all of the time! That's just annoying to me, so it will be kind of nice to not have to worry about rain at all for a change. :lol:
  • lillypad77lillypad77 Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Not in the slightest. As much as weather is fun at first, after it snows/storms for the hundredth time I get a bit sick of it and end up having summer 80% of the time. I can happily go without having to rake leaves as well without Autumn.
  • SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm hoping we at least get rain, but if they don't include it I don't think that'll stop me. I'm still hoping we have weather, supernatural/magic, OFB/Freetime and maybe University back. The rest I don't really care about unless they make a superstar/showtime ep with singing, dancing AND bands on stage :thumbup:
  • debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm waiting.

I like my Sims 3, all my CC & mods...not to mention my families. Giving up weather, pets & the diving all at once would be too much.

I need to see what the graphics will be like & how realistic the Sims 4 Sims will be.

I'll watch closely & see what EA shows us as it gets closer & closer to the release date, but would never pre-order.

I think I want to read what everyone thinks of the game first & how their gameplay is going. Naturally then I want to see their screenshots.

I'm happy to wait & decide if I'll ever buy it. I may just stick with Sims 3.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    tumblr_meu5ploX0x1rve2mto1_500.gif
  • MarchvioletsMarchviolets Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't expecting the content of an entire weather expansion pack in the base game, but I do think including simple variation like light rain should have been included. The Sims 4 would have to offer something that feels like an important game play/sandbox upgrade for me to pay for a new base game that lacks the content of all the previous expansions. So far, I haven't seen anything compelling.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    What if a season ep never comes out? (Just a thought not saying its actually going to happen cause it won't happen :D)

A lot of people are tired of the same type of ep. Its always: Some type of nightclube theme, theme with animals, a theme with weather, a university.

Maybe the eps will be something completely new!

If EA follows the pattern with Sims 3, you'll get some old standbys (Seasons, Pets, Late Night, University), along with new concepts (World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Into The Future)...and people will complain about what we didn't get (OFB, FreeTime, Bon Voyage, farm life, amusement park, whatever). :roll: Remember, every Sims game brings new players as well as us long-time folks -- those new players are going to want weather and pets and college life just as much as we did when they were first introduced. And there are ways to make even the old standbys better -- Sims 3 brought in horses to the world of pets, brought festivals and holidays so Sims got a day off to play, gave us additional traits for completing university, gave us a way to build our own bars and clubs with the professional bars in Late Night. While it would be cool to include everything we've already had in the base game, not only would that be economically infeasible for EA (they'd probably have to charge close to $100 for base game with all the programming involved), it also would be unfair to those who really DON'T want weather or pets or whatever in their game for whatever reason.

Because of the effect weather can have on emotions (which seems to be the main selling point of Sims 4, how emotions affect behavior), I hope we don't have to wait till close to the end of the Sims 4 run to see it; having it available as one of the first few packs would be far better.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2013
    Not waiting for anything. Buying it as soon as it is released.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • gigiandreggigiandreg Posts: 146 New Member
    edited August 2013
    No, but I'd have to see in a few months when they start talking about the gameplay and whatnot. I'm not going to say yes to a game I hardly know anything about.
  • lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    tumblr_meu5ploX0x1rve2mto1_500.gif

why do people on this site feel the need to reply to a thread with an overused gif
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    I really like weather not really seasons but yea love rain in game. But I am holding off for other things cause I am sure weather will come eventually :)
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    Nope.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited August 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I may be waiting, but it won't be for weather.
    I do like weather however.

It depends on how things turn out. If I really like the game play, but am disappointed with various other features, I may be waiting for 4-6 Eps come out first and snap up good sale prices. If there is a CC community, they should be running full speed. The base game and majority of the EPs will be patched. And I won't experience the boredom that comes in about 4 months of only having the base game.

If I really don't like it, due to some missing features near and dear to me, I would probably just skip it and use the money for other entertainments.
    If I buy the base game at launch, it will be because I am feeling strongly satisfied with what EA has shown. Not happening yet, but there is plenty of time left.

This. :-)

On another note.... I know a lot of people are talking about not wanting to see the same EPs over again. I want those EPs though..because weather is a part of life, pets are a part of life, night life is a part of life, etc....BUT.. I want them to have those things and THEN some. I think all of those things should be in the game as default and they could come up with some NEW things to add to those packs, OR, those things just become a part of the regular game, and we have totally new EPs, OR, we have all of these things as a part of the regular game, we get those same EPs, AND we get OTHER EPs that are totally different as well. Bottom line, is I think those things need to be in the game... at least my game, anyway. That is not to say however, that I don't want new things. I do! I'd love to see so many of the ideas for new EPs that this community has thought of. So many ideas came up for new EPs from TS3 community, and by people talking about what they want in TS4. I think so many of us would be thrilled by some kind of amusement park type of EP, for example. And although it's a 50/50 toss up within the community. I'd LOVE to see a medical EP with not only careers, but illnesses, dental-related, medical related, broken bones, chipped teeth, sicknesses, all of that.

..and as I saw another Simmer mentioned in another thread, I am waiting for options too. Without CASt, I'd be passing it up no matter what.

I'm waiting for:

More than just basegame (ie, several EPs to come out)
    CASt
    Price to come down, or sales