Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited August 2013
    well you're lucky greendaygirl. i can't register any of my games anymore. i have all the expansion packs and most of the worlds and a few stuff packs right now. i haven't been able to register world adventures, fast lane, seasons, high end loft and master suites. each time i put my product code in, i would get an error stating that it is not valid.
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited August 2013
    well you're lucky greendaygirl. i can't register any of my games anymore. i have all the expansion packs and most of the worlds and a few stuff packs right now. i haven't been able to register world adventures, fast lane, seasons, high end loft and master suites. each time i put my product code in, i would get an error stating that it is not valid.
    Are they download versions? Because I had the same problem with World Adventures, I just contacted customer service and they gave me a new code. You should try contacting them, I'm sure you could get new codes to register them. :)
  • darlabubblesdarlabubbles Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited August 2013
    yes all my games are downloaded ones except for showtime, however once i registered that game i got the digital version of it too. i will try and go that route, i mean if there's a chance that i'm owed simpoints i would like to get them.
  • popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited August 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Ella since the gift giving thing was originally your idea, do you think you could host it during Christmas? :D

I dunno, I'm pretty excited for that x3!

Ooh no I'm sure it's already done before!! Something like that was hosted on the Sims3 Facebook Community Site,so the basis of the idea came from there. It isn't an original idea of mine,haha!

It would be fun to host,but I would be happy for anyone to take upon a project like that. I don't mind at all,since I didn't technically come up with the idea just wanted to put it is as an imput for a fun thing to do :)

Though,I do love hosting and if not I would love to co-host or create banners or even participate.
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited August 2013
    yes all my games are downloaded ones except for showtime, however once i registered that game i got the digital version of it too. i will try and go that route, i mean if there's a chance that i'm owed simpoints i would like to get them.
    Once I register my physical copies, they usually go on my origin as digital too. That's how my brothers got them, they used my account to download them onto their computers. You should get 1000 simpoints from World Adventures, and if the points I got are actually from High End Loft Stuff, you should also get 500 points from that. So if you can get new codes you should get possibly 1500 simpoints! :D So far, I haven't been too fond of the digital copies because of registering problems, but at the same time, you don't need to worry about anything happening to the disk.
  • Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys, so... I really want some opinions on this.

I'm having second thoughts about hosting Paranormally Insane. Some of you may be in it and this is just a thought so nothing is official yet. Lately, I'm not having much enthusiasm with it with my other competitions, I guess high fashion competitions aren't my forte. Some models are still active but a lot have left. Forums are slowly dying again and I don't want that to happen :/
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2013
    Just closed my competition too, Angel. The forums are really struggling at the moment.
    edited August 2013
    Just closed my competition too, Angel. The forums are really struggling at the moment.

Oh no :( I dont know what to do lol

OMG, So there was this girl on tumblr and she had a name 'justkeepsimming' and she's like I changed my URL. So I messaged her saying if this was JKS (which is you). Then she was confused.. then you posted something... and I'm like OH GOD FML... I was so embarrassed XDD
    edited August 2013
    LOLOL! That's awesome! Someone had my username already so I made JustKeepOnSimming. XD
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2013
    here's the link. it's pretty straight forward and it includes pics too.

http://pcmadeeasy.tumblr.com/post/16322881907/how-to-make-a-page-on-a-tumblr-blog

now i have to go back and tag my pics. :wink:

Thanks, sweetie!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2013
    Still not working for me - clearly I have noooooo idea what I'm doing or how to follow directions.

I keep getting an error page! :?

Edit: I figured it out - goodness, I'm slow :roll:
  • 123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited August 2013
    LOLOL! That's awesome! Someone had my username already so I made JustKeepOnSimming. XD

There's also someone on Unbound with the username keeponsimming, and I think some people think it's you. :P
  • 123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited August 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Hey guys, so... I really want some opinions on this.

I'm having second thoughts about hosting Paranormally Insane. Some of you may be in it and this is just a thought so nothing is official yet. Lately, I'm not having much enthusiasm with it with my other competitions, I guess high fashion competitions aren't my forte. Some models are still active but a lot have left. Forums are slowly dying again and I don't want that to happen :/

I think if you start a comp it is your responsibility to follow through with it. You made a commitment to people, and to break that because you've lost interest would be unfair. Part of the reason why Sims & Modeling is slowing down is because comps are either cancelled, or half the models drop. T.T

Anyways I don't blame you though, if I were hosting as many comps as you are at the moment, I would probably lose interest in one of them too. :?

Idk what you should do. :(
  • eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Back. :D *CC spree to celebrate*
    Angel, if the assignment for Paranormally Insane's still open and all that, I could try and get a pic done...? :XD:
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think if you start a comp it is your responsibility to follow through with it. You made a commitment to people, and to break that because you've lost interest would be unfair. Part of the reason why Sims & Modeling is slowing down is because comps are either cancelled, or half the models drop. T.T

This. Just because the responsibility doesn't seem worth it all of a sudden doesn't help the forum at all. Hosts cancelling competitions doesn't set up a good example for the newcomer models we get. Just saying.
  • Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited August 2013
    @Angel I sure do hope you continue...

It is really disappointing that everyone is disappearing. I love that I found this forum and wish I would have found it sooner. I really hope all of you continue with your comps.
    1jtb7m.jpg
    edited August 2013
    UGH! I hate dropping out of comps, I always feel bad for it! I didn't really wanna drop out of that Pastel Goth comp either, because it seemed like it was gonna be a lot of fun! :(
  • samisims101samisims101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I was felling bubbly For no reason so I started to edit pictures.
    When you see them you'll know what the theme is.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-GPYOvvfkls0/Uhj-OP0_OiI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/Y2DLJXJmsfc/w465-h620-no/wedin.jpg.jpg[/img]

Weddin.jpg.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-C5EGk_v_uOQ/Uhj-NyL5KFI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/4XDtvr2rzmc/w576-h392-no/WedLove.jpg.jpg[/img]

Wedp.jpg.jpg
    edited August 2013
    I understand what you guys are saying and I'm totally aware of that. I really don't know right now. I'm going to continue it as planned and see where it goes.
    edited August 2013
    It is sad that so many competitions are closing.

Perhaps it isn't a good example to new models, but sometimes it can't be helped. I fought hard to keep mine going but a lot of people were getting anxious for scores and after not hearing anything from anyone so I had to close it. People would have dropped out no matter what due to impatience. From the beginning I said I had the time to host but not judge either. :/

Sorry I kind took this personally. I'd hate to think that you guys looked down on me because I too had to close a competition due to situations I couldn't control.

• Tacha75Tacha75 Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited August 2013

Perhaps it isn't a good example to new models, but sometimes it can't be helped. I fought hard to keep mine going but a lot of people were getting anxious for scores and after not hearing anything from anyone so I had to close it. People would have dropped out no matter what due to impatience. From the beginning I said I had the time to host but not judge either. :/

Sorry I kind took this personally. I'd hate to think that you guys looked down on me because I too had to close a competition due to situations I couldn't control.

I don't think anyone was looking down on you for closing the comp. I just think we are all a little disappointed that there is not a lot of activity in the forum and comps. I also think we all understand doing what you need to do. We all love to Sim and do are best to make time for it-I wish I had more time myself. Looking forward to you re-opening the comp at another time :)
    1jtb7m.jpg
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited August 2013

*huggies* im sorry if you took my comment personally! of course i dont look down on you for closing a competition! i was just saying we cant keep it up in here or were never gonna get new models coming in. i don't really understand the whole "the forums' dying so im closing my comp" argument, but i should keep my mouth shut! hehe The last thing I want to do is offend you, or anyone!! <3 im sorry for being a grumpy butt!
  • eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited August 2013
    D:
    *hugs forums*

I feel the urge to do something in TS3, but idk what. :XD: Hm...
    edited August 2013
    @ MissBrite - No, no, it's fine. I didn't close mine for the lack of participation thing, anyway, I was just worried that people might dislike me for closing it or something. We're fine, don't worry! :)

@ Tacha - I am disappointed too that nothing seems to be very busy any more. I think the TS4 announcement really killed this part of the forums, no one is interested in long competitions. :/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    @ Angel - No, no, it's fine. I didn't close mine for the lack of participation thing, anyway, I was just worried that people might dislike me for closing it or something. We're fine, don't worry! :)

@ Tacha - I am disappointed too that nothing seems to be very busy any more. I think the TS4 announcement really killed this part of the forums, no one is interested in long competitions. :/

I don't think that was for me lol I think that was for MissBrite >.< xD

Anyway, 7ims magazine is back from a long hiatus and we're recruiting more members :)! From writers to designers to photographers!! Here's the thread if some of you all haven't taken a look ^_^

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/709173.page