Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That was it?

I've stayed up all night for that..? :lol: 2 minutes of gameplay?

Comments

• camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    edited August 2013
    There's going to be a broadcast dedicated to gameplay on Thursday, I believe.
  • JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, the press conference was so short!! I enjoyed what they had showed us, I love when the sims came down from the sky and were so inquisitive lol ...I want to see more though!
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's what I was thinking. i hope there'll be a little more, that was hardly anything.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is briefing, not gameplay showcase. They still have over 10 games to go through in a short time, so I understand.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I know that, but I still expected more than 10 minutes of a pre-recorded gameplay segment. Nothing about the world or anything...
  • Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2013
    no hints of kids either :(
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2013
    xD I said the same exact thing...I was hoping to see CAS. And the trailer I didn't much care for....I wanted something a little more.
  • azureflame2azureflame2 Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2013
    I guess you guys have never seen this kind of thing, but that was a pretty standard amount of time. There'll be a lot more shown off on the 22nd when they do the demo. This was just supposed to be a brief introduction to it.
  • wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    This is briefing, not gameplay showcase. They still have over 10 games to go through in a short time, so I understand.

Yup. I actually expected less. I didn't think we'd see any gameplay until Thursday.

Also I am so glad TS4 was up first. I was dreading sitting through the other game announcements and seeing TS4 last.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hope people who attend the event will answer some questions today or tomorrow, but probably on Thurs because that is the day they get to play, etc.
    edited August 2013
    The way Ryan "OHMYGOD WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME WOWOWO" Vaughn was going on about it, I thought we'd get a little bit more about from a teaser with no actual gameplay and a brief video about emotions.

Roll on Thursday, I suppose.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2013
    Lol now all the fan sites are going to post everything that we've seen for over a week plus the trailer. Lmaoooo
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Well that was an anti-climax!

10minutes and it just looked like The Sims 3 tweaked!!

No improved graphics, no improved anything that didn't look like it couldn't have been added to The Sims 3!

Disappointing!
  • Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited August 2013
    EA gotta show a bunch of their games so not much time is allotted for each one.
  • MaracalooMaracaloo Posts: 74 New Member
    edited August 2013
    We didn't see a lot but I'm already in love with the game. The little story about the two guys trying to flirt with a girl and one of them playing a sad song to make the other one depressed and unable to flirt was really funny.
  • legagzlegagz Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2013

No improved graphics, no improved anything that didn't look like it couldn't have been added to The Sims 3!

Disappointing!

AGREED!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited August 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:

Yup. I actually expected less. I didn't think we'd see any gameplay until Thursday.

Also I am so glad TS4 was up first. I was dreading sitting through the other game announcements and seeing TS4 last.

Agreed. This is standard. I don't know what people who are totally surprised or underwhelmed by the amount of information were expecting when they said this was going to be a trailer only (in fact it wasn't, there was some actual gameplay which surprised me there was more than just the trailer.) Why take off work or stay up all hours of the night? I get being excited but for 5 minutes you can just sneak in a peek on your mobile device or view it when you get up in the morning. Eh, to each their own I guess. :wink:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    They SAID it was only going to be a brief teaser type thing with the trailer and the big thing would be Thursday.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, they've got me soooo excited. What with the very little they showed, and the fact that they've already added the unnecessary violin again. :roll:
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • TdeppeTdeppe Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    Well at least no doughy faces. :-) I wish they would show the babies
  • xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited August 2013

Disappointing!

My thoughts exactly! I was always so excited for ts2, ts3 because they were both different. This looks worst than TS3 :(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2013
    Tdeppe wrote:
    Well at least no doughy faces. :-) I wish they would show the babies

It's gotten me a little worried, I hope they show more on other age groups than just YA and Adult. I really hope there and babies, toddlers, and kids in this game.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited August 2013
    The way Ryan "OHMYGOD WOW THAT IS SO AWESOME WOWOWO" Vaughn was going on about it, I thought we'd get a little bit more about from a teaser with no actual gameplay and a brief video about emotions.

Roll on Thursday, I suppose.

That's just how Ryan rolls. He is the hype-master. I've learned to take his enthusiasm with a grain of salt. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited August 2013
    Is the new Sims 4 site we were shown supposed to be live yet? I keep getting redirected to the one that's been there since May.
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have to admit I am not real happy about what we saw. The sim's hair still looked like melted plastic. I am not impressed with how the sim's look at all. There was nothing impressive in regards to better graphics in my opinion. The differences between the sims from each sims game was really amazing and obvious. I am not seeing it with Sims 4 sims, at least not from that clip.

Here's hoping Thursday will show us something great..