Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP's wouldn't you miss if they didn't come back in TS4?

Every series EA seem to drop an expansion or two and bring them back in a later gen.

For example, Sims Superstar never appeared in TS2 but an element did in TS3 in Showtime and Late Night. Similarly, there was no OFB expansion in TS3, I think it's nearly a given it will be in TS4. House Party has never made a reappearance in the Sims series since the original, maybe it could make a comeback as a Celebration pack with baby showers and more.

But what EP wouldn't you miss if it didn't make a comeback in TS4? Personally, I wouldn't really care if the Ambitions pack returned. It seems we are getting more involved jobs in the base game anyway. Similarly, I wouldn't care if World Adventures didn't make an appearence, but I would care for a more easy going Vacations pack, similarly to Bon Voyage.

What about you?

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would be happy if Showtime didn't return.
  • NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    It seems we are getting more involved jobs in the base game anyway

You have no idea what that means though.
  • SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Didn't I read something about outside work opportunities and more interaction with co-workers?

We'll know tomorrow hopefully.
  • AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited August 2013
    Supernatural (I've never liked any of the magic stuff)

Showtime (the celebrity status thing was annoying)

World Adventured (more loading screens and buggy quests)
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited August 2013
    No no no no no!!! LOL I am desperate that there will be some form of 'Showtime' mainly because I would love to have a sim that is a singer!! And that there is a singing skill, and that they can perform (hopefully less bugs D:) lol but I definitely want an expansion with Fame! I love to have a celebrity sim with a red carpet! LOL :)
    But if I chose an expansion that I wouldn't miss, it would be World Adventures since it was kinda annoying, you had to do ALOT of RP quests just to buy a holday home in one of the worlds which made it pointless!! I don't like anything RPG! :) lol except little things like the Detective job! :)
  • sims3bestsims3best Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Supernatural .. I don't think it needs its own separate expansion pack.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited August 2013
    Anything that has simport in it, like Showtime also any other celebrity sponsored expansion pack or stuff pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2013
    World Adventures
    It was more adventure then vacation and no beach or mountain locations.

Generations
    They could have put all that stuff in the base game.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2013
    From Sims 3: Showtime, and I suspect I'll feel the same way about ITF, if for entirely different reasons.

From Sims 2: Apartment Life

From Sims 1: Superstar

For all three of Showtime/Apartment Life/Superstar, these need to be things included in whatever EP they use for Night Life/Late Night, unless the things that came in NL/LN are in the base game. If not there is no need to have two separate EPS for the Night life/city feel and fame. If you're going to do it go all the way with it EA. Mind you there's not a LN/NL EP I'm fine with there being a separate EP devoted to Fame and Celebrity lifestyle.

Also the elements of World Adventures and Island Paradise don't need to be separate EPS. Just put them in a vacation EP, I am sure it can be done. Make it so that the vacation worlds have a good amount of options for adventure and relaxation. Adventures don't necessarily have to revolve around tombs and treasures either.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MaracalooMaracaloo Posts: 74 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Supernatural. It's fun when you play it with the intention of making an occult family, but the rest of the time I find it boring and annoying.
  • eurotomeurotom Posts: 93 New Member
    edited August 2013
    World Adventures

wasn't overly fond of Ambitions and I never really used the features from it again other than sculpting

Showtime was annoying as was Supernatural

the rest were all decent in some way but I've got a feeling ITF won't be good.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    Generations and University.

But if they are in, i will get then too.
    jr73Y.gif

• lillypad77lillypad77 Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Sims 3: Showtime, late night, world adventures and generations
    Sims 2: Apartment life and nightlife
    Sims: House Party
  • adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love all the EPs. Though I wish they would combine things. Combine Island Paradise with World Adventures for a full vacation pack, combine Showtime and Late Night for the full feeling of rising to fame and celebrity, and combine Generations into the base game for actions such as teens needing to learn how to drive and elders having canes, and all those interactions in between.

Except for Pillow Fighting. Yeah. That annoying constant Pillow Fighting interaction can go jump off a cliff.
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2013
    I guess Showtime. I might like it if they only made it more fun, I felt like this EP could've been done much better.
    I actually really liked Ambitions.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'll take Showtime again if they rename it, focus on bands with big Showtime venues, and allow my bands to have a lead singer.

I'm fond of all the EPs, so I have no suggestions to drop.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Showtime was a waste of space. The features from it could have easily been introduced in the Late Night EP. And not all of them either, a lot of them were pretty useless.

I think dedicating an entire EP to jobs and professions was just too much; that's something that could have been introduced in the base game, to some degree. Let's see how this whole TS4 job opportunities is going to work. It might be similar to what I'm talking about.

The last one would have to be World Adventures. I'm not really interested in doing quests. Exploring is cool, but this isn't a Tomb Raider game, so the quests are unnecessary. Putting that aside, I'd love a vacations EP, with a lot of different places to choose from. They could bring Egypt, France, and China back if they wanted to (that'd be great). But I also think they should include other places/worlds. For starters, the entire Island Paradise EP could be included in that, as a tropical location. Other locations would include something like the woods/mountains where we'll be able to camp, or an Antarctic location, even.

These are all just ideas, really. We're not sure how TS4 is going to work, yet.

EDIT: And like someone said, Generations. Seriously, generations is base game material. Isn't that the whole point of the sims in the first place?
  • bored_1bored_1 Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2013
    Generations. I love something about nearly all the packs but that one. I liked the Imaginary Friends aspect, but that is not worth $40 imho. if I could go back in time I wouldn't have bought it, at least not when it came out. maybe when it dropped down to like $5 and you get a free plumbob keychain with it or something.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have never felt the slightest desire to buy WA.

I wasn't a fan of the Superstar one in Sims 1 but as I am still considering Showtime for Sims 3 at some point, I can't entirely rule that out since Showtime seems to have some similarities to Superstar.

Generations I feel should have been part of the base game.

Ambitions has some decent features but the only thing I would REALLY miss is the stylist career so if that was put into an OFB EP I think that would be fine with me. Most of the other careers don't interest me too much.

Education career should be in the base game too though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited August 2013
    The Sims; - House Party (We Didn't Really Need That!)

The Sims 2; - Seasons (Never Liked It.)

The Sims 3; - Seasons (Only Bought For Aliens.)

tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have never felt the slightest desire to buy WA.

I wasn't a fan of the Superstar one in Sims 1 but as I am still considering Showtime for Sims 3 at some point, I can't entirely rule that out since Showtime seems to have some similarities to Superstar.

Generations I feel should have been part of the base game.

Ambitions has some decent features but the only thing I would REALLY miss is the stylist career so if that was put into an OFB EP I think that would be fine with me. Most of the other careers don't interest me too much.

Education career should be in the base game too though.

There ya go.
    Generations shouldn't be needed if the base game is rich enough.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2013
    World Adventures. I'd like something more vacation-themed, not adventure-themed.

Ambitions. I liked it, but something more Open-for-businessy would probably be better. But, I LOVE the firefighter career. It would be 20 times better if the other firefighters actually...fought fires with you :lol:.

Generations. Much as I loved the game, I'm hoping it won't be necessary for Sims 4 (more cute family interactions in the base game).

Showtime. I don't like any of the careers, honestly. And fame already came with Late Night.

Supernatural. Great EP, but I don't care about Supernatural stuff THAT much. Would be fine if it was spread out throughout other EPs.

Island Paradise. I could live without it. And I didn't like that the island couldn't be used as a vacation world.

Into the Future. Was excited for it but...now I'm not. A unique idea, but...I doubt it will resurface in Sims 4.

Wow. That's basically...all of the EPs haha. I'm ready to see some new ideas!
  • joshirejoshire Posts: 645 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I felt like generations added hardly anything and was a bid from EA to try and inject some of the charm the base game and TS3 series had been lacking, it should of all been in the base game, I felt like it added hardly anything.

I didn't really like AMBS either, felt it was a bit dry, IMO

On the other hand I really enjoyed supernatural and I hate the fantasy side, If they fleshed it out a bit more, like way more gameplay with each occult, perhaps a supernatural/magic school, supernatural jobs etc, I reckon it would of been better, Plus the feel of moonlight falls is fantastic, I love the southern feel it has, always reminds me of true blood.

from sims 2, probabaly freetime, wasn't enough

and sims 1, didn't really like house party:/
  • DESIMDESIM Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Into The Future and Showtime. :roll: Well, that is, if I even had them.

I have Supernatural, Generations, and World Adventures, but I could play the game just fine without them.
  • foxmanicfoxmanic Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2013
    Super unpopular opinion: Pets. (and World Adventures or any vacation/traveling EP for that matter) Those could both be left out and game would hardly miss anything. I personally simply can't stand pets, they're annoying.