Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, I'm Valerie, but you can call me Val

I'd love to be able to have nicknames! (yes, I could make their name the "nickname", but this would be different). When you create a sim, or a baby is born, you can give your sim a formal name and a nickname (it can be the same as the formal one, if you don't want one). The formal name could be Johnathon, and the nickname, John, for example. If you want those funky nicknames, other sims could suggest a new, fun nickname, depending on what they are doing. Come up some suggestions for this if ya like. I got nothin. Ok, and, I was thinking that (if they're a teen for example), kids and teens and young adults could call them their nickname. Adults and elders would be more formal. If your sim is a young adult, YA, adults, and elders can call them by their nickname (same for adults and elders). YA can tell younger sims that they'd rather be called by their nickname if they'd like (this would make their name change in their relationship panel). The only exception would be if a sim is his boss, then they'd use their formal name. Mom and Dad could go either way at times...

Yeah, I know, not a big idea, and wouldn't matter much if we had it, just thought that I'd throw it out there!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    edited September 2009
    I'd love to be able to have nicknames! (yes, I could make their name the "nickname", but this would be different). When you create a sim, or a baby is born, you can give your sim a formal name and a nickname (it can be the same as the formal one, if you don't want one). The formal name could be Johnathon, and the nickname, John, for example. If you want those funky nicknames, other sims could suggest a new, fun nickname, depending on what they are doing. Come up some suggestions for this if ya like. I got nothin. Ok, and, I was thinking that (if they're a teen for example), kids and teens and young adults could call them their nickname. Adults and elders would be more formal. If your sim is a young adult, YA, adults, and elders can call them by their nickname (same for adults and elders). YA can tell younger sims that they'd rather be called by their nickname if they'd like (this would make their name change in their relationship panel). The only exception would be if a sim is his boss, then they'd use their formal name. Mom and Dad could go either way at times...

I won't mind nicknames too.
    Yeah, I know, not a big idea, and wouldn't matter much if we had it, just thought that I'd throw it out there!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited September 2009
    What if a Sim had different people refer to them by different nicknames?
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2009
    Shadow wrote:
    What if a Sim had different people refer to them by different nicknames?

Shoore (I meant to spell it like that) :D. They can have a main nickname (say, John), and a funky one that just sims in their age group can call them by.
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I completely agree with this idea. We should pick top 3 nicknames for our sims!!
  • MorganZMorganZ Posts: 253 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I completely agree with this idea. We should pick top 3 nicknames for our sims!!

agreed
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2009
    MorganZ wrote:

agreed

Really :mrgreen:? I thought that most people would think that it would be pointless.