Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• adrian6poeadrian6poe Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I can't find the MOD folder!!!!!!!!!!! :x
  • ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2013
    adrian6poe wrote:
    I can't find the MOD folder!!!!!!!!!!! :x

Depending on your type of computer and operating system, it'll be in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. It'll be right in that folder, and it'll be called "Mods" (NOT "MOD"). You might not have one of these folders if you're very new to this modding thang, in which case you'll want to download and install what's called a "framework setup", which can be obtained from ModTheSims for free. The site even has clear, easy instructions for installation, so it's just about impossible to mess up. Good luck :)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi Crin, I am always reading your posts and have the utmost respect for the work you do here. I too have the misc bug where my sim will change into random clothing, sometimes when she walks in the front dooor of her house, when she gets out of work, when she enters the consignment shop, it's driving me nuts, sometimes she'll change 2 or 3 times but this has only been happening since I installed University.

I have removed Twallans Mods until I can be sure they are ok (I usually run overwatch & mastercontroller and cheats)

I am patched to the latest

No CC only store content

New Game- New Sim

Custom World SimRealty Anne Arbour (my favourite world ever!!)

Windows Vista

I see only 2 other people have reported this ?? I have never experienced this before. If someone has a fix it would be great.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Samus959Samus959 Posts: 17
    edited March 2013
    large.jpg
    Um...Why is this dress in outerwear? XD
    Im sure that would keep you warm! XD
  • adrianewolfadrianewolf Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Lately when I've been playing Sims 3 Seasons its been freezing in (create a sim) for a couple seconds, then it will seem like it is stopping and working as usual. Then after about 45 minutes to an hour it freezes then crashes. I have it updated to the latest game update so I thought that would help but it still crashes.
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Seriously.. all these bugs and I as a customer have to go through one by one and fix what is broken?

Can we just get a game update for all that. fixing all that by hand is not my job dude.

I just want my stupid plants to grow. I don't even understand a 1/3 of what you said up there...
    This is the worse way to fix bugs EVER and I've been a gamer for 20 years.

Why all this and not just update.. Can I get an explanation for that because maybe that I'll get.. to fix my stupid trees I have to show my husband how many bugs this game has and show him what he actually spent his hard earned money on... that's so embarrassing for me, from now on I'll just buy elsewhere. Please use that feedback.... for All games!
    edited May 2013
    This trees stuck in harvest thing..

If it was a content issue.. then when only certain weather is checked it should still happen... I haven't had an issue since I started running only summer (28 days).. test it... I seriously doubt this is content related.

This has to be in the freeze/thaw/freeze/thaw actions... its the weather warming and getting cold.. that's when it happens... Its all dormant in winter and comes out that first thaw fine.. but when you have days of cold/hot/cold/hot in fall and spring.. that's our problem, I think its in spring myself but fall has those types of days too.

Anyways... any word on when there will be a permanent update to this BUG, not content issue? Request for update, not a bug fix: 5/22/2013

Seriously, 2010 was the first forum post I saw for this. It's 2013 now in case you weren't sure.
  • BelovedLakeBelovedLake Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one still having the issue where the game crashes if you change the season length? I had to start a new game and import my household. What's the point of giving us the option of having longer seasons if the game crashes constantly?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know your not adding anymore, but posting to see if another simmier could help me.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Mods

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Twallans Shinrod's and Blujay's.

1.Debug Enabler,
    2.SP, SP extras
    3.MC, MC Cheats
    4.Dresser
    5.Traveler
    6.Rake Leaves Faster
    7.Townies out on the town
    8.Autonous romance

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes I removed them like I was suppose to.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Yes, all mods are updated & or are compatible.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    Both.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Both.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Tried both.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?

EA- Starlight Shores.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game
    Download.

When it storms, there's no clouds in my game, it is raining with starry skies/sunny skies etc.Tried saving and exiting. Didn't work.Any help?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2013
    bmashland wrote:
    Seriously.. all these bugs and I as a customer have to go through one by one and fix what is broken?

Can we just get a game update for all that. fixing all that by hand is not my job dude.

I just want my stupid plants to grow. I don't even understand a 1/3 of what you said up there...
    This is the worse way to fix bugs EVER and I've been a gamer for 20 years.

Why all this and not just update.. Can I get an explanation for that because maybe that I'll get.. to fix my stupid trees I have to show my husband how many bugs this game has and show him what he actually spent his hard earned money on... that's so embarrassing for me, from now on I'll just buy elsewhere. Please use that feedback.... for All games!

You do realize the person who created this thread does not work for EA right? They don't control what EA fixes and what they don't.We can only hope they read this thread.
  • KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully this is not a re-post, as I tried to search this thread for it.

When you have a higher career level Acrobat Sim (Showtime Profession) perform a gig, if there's a lot of snow outside, you can't perform RIng of Fire tricks even while indoors because apparently "The snow is too deep" or whatever. Serious? It's a Ring of Fire. LOL
  • steph-jade20steph-jade20 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    why when i try save my sims it keeps saying you cannot save the game or use edit town when your family is traveling , when their not and i only have 1 sim ?????
  • pekulikepekulike Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2013
    there seems to be an issue when deleting fences or railings during winter time,the fences get deleted but the snow piles on them stay in place as if the fence was still there.
    these piles even extend through walls to the inside of a room if built over the area where the deleted fence used to be.
    edited August 2013
    Did you go off and tell the studio and EA it needs a rewrite like you told me Crin?

We still have bugs if you are listening Studio... I ended up with a Money tree stuck in harvest using Summer only 28 days, its been 3 months of only using Summer to AVOID this and now we don't even get to do that...
    Sure it's one tree but is that yet acceptable bug as all the Simmers around keep trying to get the rest of us to believe is a such thing in business?

I want my seasons back, all 4 season. You can't use the other 3 or your garden dies... WE NEED SUPPORT... my garden totals are over $800.000 dollars on my Sims because I have a year round garden... it is making them rich too fast and we need to have them go dormant for balance.

Please make this a priority bug event...with a support ticket that actually gets a reference number.... how do we know its being worked on if you don't give us support tickets?
    edited August 2013
    Did you notice the word "work" in that first post..

I missed that.

I thought you didn't work here dude!

Volunteers are still employees under the eyes of the law....
    Crinrict said it needed a rewrite in a response to one of my posts.
  • Harvoification96Harvoification96 Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    Did EA get off their incompetent ***** and actually fix the gardening glitch? Disgusting that the Sims 4 is in production when the Sims 3 is still broken. Fix this game or you'll be losing a lot of possible customers.
  • vhahnovsmilevhahnovsmile Posts: 21
    edited September 2013
    In my game, something glitched up, and I can't see any of my furniture, i cant click the 'go up one floor' button, but my sims can interact with the furniture. I cant see it though. And when I zoom into the house, it fades away like a sim when you get too close. Please help ! I really want to play my game! :cry:
  • ciderbear9ciderbear9 Posts: 24
    edited September 2013
    I just have one question, and I don't know if you'll be able to fix it, but if you can, it would be of great help to me. I have all EPs installed and no stuff packs, I have never had any mods or cc, and I am pretty sure I am updated to the latest patch. Once, it was almost impossible to get my teen Sim to Prom because it was too cold outside for her, so I used cheats to change the temperature to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, no matter what season or time of day it is, it is always that temperature, and I don't know how to fix it. Please, if you can please help me!
  • OhemzgeeOhemzgee Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2013
    im having a really bad glitch on the seasons expansion pack and im not sure if its a cc problem or what but ive tried anything and i cant seem to find the solution to fix it. i copied a link to show the issue below if that helps. please help me :(

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/Ohemzgee/Screenshot-2_zps766aa74e.jpg
  • BassistBillyBassistBilly Posts: 88 New Member
    edited November 2013
    ciderbear9 wrote:
    I just have one question, and I don't know if you'll be able to fix it, but if you can, it would be of great help to me. I have all EPs installed and no stuff packs, I have never had any mods or cc, and I am pretty sure I am updated to the latest patch. Once, it was almost impossible to get my teen Sim to Prom because it was too cold outside for her, so I used cheats to change the temperature to 83 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, no matter what season or time of day it is, it is always that temperature, and I don't know how to fix it. Please, if you can please help me!

For that, you use the same cheat and Sift+Click on the ground, then click Seasons. There is an option to Unset Temperature. That should make it changing again. However, I noticed lately using this cheat to change temperature and current weather confuses Sims seasonal wishes and makes holidays vanish. So, the seasons change, but it might still snow in Spring and keep your plants dormant. Also, if you change it to Summer when it is normally Winter, your Sims may want to hang holiday house lights or build snowmen even though it is now Summer. Could be cheat-related, or because of the latest patch.
  • DeliceSprinklesDeliceSprinkles Posts: 6
    edited December 2013
    Hi, I bought the sims 3 season expansion and it works except for one thing, the weather is always stuck at autumn and it wont change into a different weather at all.I really dont know what to do.Please help!:(
  • wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone had issues with sims freezing, not getting into bed, or the shower, but just standing there for hours on end and you can't cancel the action? I thought it was an issue with pets, but w/o pets installed in my new game, just seasons, the same thing happens. I'm at a loss what to do with this issue.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Kilasi7Kilasi7 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I am having that exact same problem... thought it was the neighborhood, moved the family TWICE, to new neighborhoods, still freezing up before they interact with anything. Family includes 2 toddlers, so one spent about 24 Sim hours screaming when he got tired/hungry/full bladder/lonely and his father COULD NOT PICK HIM UP. Used the ResetSim cheat several times, it did not work all the time. I used the MakeAllHappy cheat out of desperation (I did NOT want to lose my MerSim toddler) and it took about 12 Sim hours to work. I finally got the babies into the house and into their cribs, and their motives went haywire. One minute they're starving with half energy, next they're full and no energy. The adults had the same problem, and I know it's not the cheat, because I closed the game and reloaded. I removed all mods and tried again, made a new game, using an old neighborhood, chose a pre-made Sim and house, and ran her through the same interactions (steps, doors, couch, fridge, etc) that my Sims froze on. She had the same issues, in a house with NO CC, no EP content, no store content. What is the problem with my game?? It worked fine through Seasons, got hesitant with Isla Paradiso, and downright laggy with Into The Future and the latest patch. Please help!
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited February 2014
    Since the latest patch alien abductions are out of control again, my sims have getting getting abducted every single night! Doubly aggravating since I never even wanted the stupid things in my game in the first place, and the only mod I could find for it hasn't been updated in over a year.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2014
    SO SEASONS IS STILL MESSED UP?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top