Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Looks Better?

Comments

• Options
    eurotomeurotom Posts: 93 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Looking at the new pictures has just pushed me firmly into TS4's corner.
  • Options
    SeanieRockz44SeanieRockz44 Posts: 852 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes, go hide behind your Gaga memes, as per usual.
  • Options
    ScylScyl Posts: 461 Member
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, i dont play the game with any CCs and I find thesims3 looks better.

I look at my selfsim i made myself no CC and never used any or mods yet and he just looks better than those supposed ts4 screenshots (sims screenshot's i mean)...

Ofc my opinion can always change with time.. We'll see.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    First one: TS3.

Cali, you got a very good shot with that, and it really shows off some ways TS3 could be superior.

Rest: TS4.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited August 2013
    The new pics have definitely pushed me over to the Sims 4 side.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to go with TS4, definitely. And I'm one of the ones that likes the way TS3 sims look, to the point that I don't use custom skin or hair. All I use is a custom map, eyes and make-up.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey Guys! I honestly think we should calm down wait for the 20th because then we'll know exactly what we're in for.

I love how the new Sims look, except for the hair. I don't use cc so It will be an issue for a while but then I'm over it.

For those that use cc it shouldn't matter right?

CRAZY DAY :D
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited August 2013
    -
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2013
    TS3 sims look much better. They don't look "real" but they look like someone knew a little anatomy and physiology.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ok. Sims 3 sims slightly better-in some respects, worse in others (although it shouldn't even be close, given the years between the two). Sims 4 environments are an order of magnitude (whatever that might represent) better than what's in Sims 3. It's like comparing mopeds to Harley's. No comparison in my opinion.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    In terms of overall definition/resolution, the TS3 pics look better obviously.

The TS3 sims are still 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they're just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in HD! :D

I think we're jumping the gun a bit, for all we know the TS4 game will have just as good a resolution as TS3. We won't know until it gets closer to release day.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's not even about the graphics for me. I'm actually a fan of the graphics in S4. Sure, they're cartoony and a "downgrade" from S3, but I like how the sims and the outside world look.

I think the CAS components in the Sims 4 pictures are awesome. They seem more advanced, IMO.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2013
    In my opinion the Ts3 sims look better because their in 3 d however the female sims in the sims 4 seem to have prettier hair and are more attractive.

Just my opinion.

The lots in sims 3 look sharper and better then the ones in sims 4. The sims 4 version looks too blurry and cartooney.

My opinion, as a Sims 4 skeptic, at least as to the sets/environments. Sims 4 looks like it might have something approaching indirect lighting, it sure seems the air is filled with light/different shades of softer light-that would make it look more 'blurred', at least I think it would. If this is the case, it's awesome. The sims 3 lighting looks likes it's either 'on', or 'off'-ok for 2008, but unacceptable to me now. It looks more like a Hollywood set with a painted on facade, while the Sims 4 looks like 'real', is all I can say. The sims 3 sims, even with CC, should not even be in the contest with the sims 4 sims, but they are. That part needs some work.

So, Sims 4 environments: nice job, EA. The sims? The guy responsible needs a trip to the woodshed. I'm just kidding, they are made in a catchy art style, I'll say that much. I think they will improve with CC and community work in making sims. And I'm still holding out under a delusion that the clay hair might mean we can 'work' the hair somewhat, changing length, shape, etc. Could hope at least.

wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2013
    Now that the pictures have been swapped out to accurate comparisons, I can give my response. I much prefer TS4 all around. I've never minded TS3's graphics or Sims, but placed side-by-side with TS4 Sims, the TS3 environments seem boring and uninspired and the Sims are eerie. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited August 2013
    In the pic above the female sim in the sims 4 with brunette hair looks so cute. She has a pretty mouth however I don't like the white spot around it. I hope that's fixed once the graphics are polished.

Also I'm glad to see longer shoulder length hair returning like the Dina Calienti Hairstyle.

The white line around the mouth is the way the game highlights selected parts. It's like the white grid on the body parts. They won't have permanent white lipliner. :roll:
  • Options
    eurotomeurotom Posts: 93 New Member
    edited August 2013
    The white line around the mouth is the way the game highlights selected parts. It's like the white grid on the body parts. They won't have permanent white lipliner. :roll:

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, I now figured out why that one post of mine earlier wasn't deleted; EA apparently agreed with the sentiment.

Cali has been banned.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited August 2013
    the look the same
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited August 2013
    I do love that they have raised side walks and curbs that's a realistic touch just wish the sims look a little more real
  • Options
    NoeinNoein Posts: 495 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm really diggin The Sims 4!
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2013
    Now that the pictures have been swapped I'd have to say Sims 4.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, I now figured out why that one post of mine earlier wasn't deleted; EA apparently agreed with the sentiment.

Cali has been banned.

Good I'm glad :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    UnderTheSkiesUnderTheSkies Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Cali has been banned.

The highlight of my day. :wink:
  • Options
    CooklezTheWizardCooklezTheWizard Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Cali has been banned.

What is this, the bloody Salem witch trials?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cali has been banned.

What is this, the bloody Salem witch trials?

That does depend, good sir.

Are thou a witch?