Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims BR's tutorial how to place diving spots in other worlds translated to english ;)

Comments

• DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried doing this diving lot tutorial but none of the sims can get to them, they wave their arms with the "I can't get there" bubble. :{
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2013
    Desirai wrote:
    I tried doing this diving lot tutorial but none of the sims can get to them, they wave their arms with the "I can't get there" bubble. :{

I think perhaps your dive buoy is not exactly sea level. Have a look at this tutorial to show you how to change that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXqe2XTivb4&feature=youtu.be
  • Sbenja52Sbenja52 Posts: 139
    edited August 2013
    This is a great tutorial. I only came across one issue; when I bulldozed once and went back I am not seeing the bottom of the ocean but am able to place items but I can't see where they are being placed; suggestions? Thank you
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sbenja52 wrote:
    This is a great tutorial. I only came across one issue; when I bulldozed once and went back I am not seeing the bottom of the ocean but am able to place items but I can't see where they are being placed; suggestions? Thank you

Try saving and going to the main menue after you renamed the lot diving area after bulldozing it once :wink:
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2013
    :mrgreen: Thank you so much for posting this. I haven't even tried it in other places, but I know that I will want to. That is why they should have instructions. Just think of those buying who don't come on here.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited August 2013
    I can't make this work. I place a lot on the ocean and go into edit town and turn it into a community lot and there is no option listed saying diving spot, or whatever the correct name is. You have to place some objects on it and lower it and then you get the option to turn it into a dive spot. Also I am having trouble flattening the lot. You can't view the whole lot under water the way you can pull back and view a lot when it's on the surface. I can only see a bit at a time so it takes ages to lower it to the bottom of the sea. I tried and gave up.
  • michaelaxdawnmichaelaxdawn Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    mcrudd wrote:
    Thank you so much.

I don't have the game yet, but have bookmarked this ready for when it arrives.

What I'd like to know is - didn't a simguru say this wasn't possible to do? Cos I'm baffled why they would tell us that since it clearly is possible.

Not sure about that either, but I am deffinetly going to try it in sunlit tides if it works for other simmers :wink:

Is there away that I could just take the dive lots from IP and add them to the world I choose? So I can get right into game play && not spend to much time creating a hole new lot.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2013
    Where do I get the treasure chests and ruins? There isn't many underwater items to place.
  • gettishgettish Posts: 65
    edited September 2013
    Yea, my game stopped responding one I tried to go into build/buy mode. Gonna try again and I followed the steps exactly... at least the ones I could before the game shut down.
  • gettishgettish Posts: 65
    edited September 2013
    Yea, it didn't work for me. The stuff kept stick up out the water so I guess IP's water is really deep as opposed to other worlds I guess. Sucks.
  • PLAYER477554PLAYER477554 Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    OMG!! It worked like a charm!! :mrgreen::D:D:lol: :P
  • Ciaradoc01Ciaradoc01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks so much!! I now have a diving lot in Appaloosa Plains (Sims 3 Pets)
    All I want from EA right now is sims 4 seasons, supernatural, pets, university and showtime. Then EA will be God. The current God is Brendon Urie.

giphy.gif
  • JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited October 2013
    can someone help me.. I am running the US version of the game.. I do not see any option to set my lot to a "diving area".. The option in the drop down menu when i convert to community lot is not there.. Is it possibly called something else for US people? I am confused..
  • johnnv_91johnnv_91 Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2013
    can someone help me.. I am running the US version of the game.. I do not see any option to set my lot to a "diving area".. The option in the drop down menu when i convert to community lot is not there.. Is it possibly called something else for US people? I am confused..

Did you make sure your cheats were on? I have the US version too and I had the option to set as "diving area". If you did have your cheats on then it should be towards the bottom of the list. I hope this helps you! :)
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2013
    thank you very much for this, it worked out well, the only thing is you can't reuse the lot? like place it once its saved somewhere else? do you have to start from scratch all over again in each world?
    edited October 2013
    JenZ4HeavenZ , it wasn't there for me at first either so I just selected this blank one, and it turned into "other" did the rest of what this thread says to do and it was there. just magically appeared lol, and yes its just called "diving area"
    edited October 2013
    uggg... no docks in town and cant find any way to build/buy/place one, can anyone help with this please?
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited January 2014
    I did all of this, but on step for I can't find diving area as an option. What am I doing wrong?
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • jaymiex89jaymiex89 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2014
    What am I doing wrong?
    I can't get my lot out in the water, except right up next to the shoreline, and when I place it, it turns into land! :shock: You can't scuba dive on land! :cry:

Halp? please.
  • ladyceoluraladyceolura Posts: 96 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Parvati wrote:
    uggg... no docks in town and cant find any way to build/buy/place one, can anyone help with this please?

Here is a link to a forum tutorial for making piers
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690014.page#11001928
  • SmileyGoobSmileyGoob Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2014
    super helpful!! thanks :*

tumblr_ms1q1af1HH1rjjzhgo1_500_zps5f4a636a.gif
  • csthilaire427csthilaire427 Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    I followed this tutorial completely,, and unless I'm missing something it's not working. My sim won't even swim or boat to the area. I've remade the diving spot 3 times. Any ideas!?
  • YourLoversLoverYourLoversLover Posts: 266 New Member
    edited March 2014
    The reason the gurus said it's not possible is because the water has to be deep enough and IP was designed to have the water be deep enough while the other worlds were not, though it seems many of you have figured that out already anyway. And also that the dive lot has to be at sea level, which someone else already said, or it won't work, meaning one in Lunar Lakes is impossible because that large body of water is not officially sea level, there is no water that's at sea level. There was a post by one of the gurus that explained all that I think, saying that it while it's technically possible it might not be the best idea because of the issues many of you have been encountering. Still when it works it's pretty cool so thanks ^.^
    edited March 2014
    I can't make this work. I place a lot on the ocean and go into edit town and turn it into a community lot and there is no option listed saying diving spot, or whatever the correct name is. You have to place some objects on it and lower it and then you get the option to turn it into a dive spot. Also I am having trouble flattening the lot. You can't view the whole lot under water the way you can pull back and view a lot when it's on the surface. I can only see a bit at a time so it takes ages to lower it to the bottom of the sea. I tried and gave up.
    You have to use the flatten lot option to make everything go to the bottom at once, from there you can use the floor selection button to go to the bottom floor where the bottom of the lot resides.
    edited March 2014
    jaymiex89 wrote:
    What am I doing wrong?
    I can't get my lot out in the water, except right up next to the shoreline, and when I place it, it turns into land! :shock: You can't scuba dive on land! :cry:

Halp? please.
    That's what the flatten lot step is for, it turns into land cuz it thinks you want to make an island, so flatten the lot and it goes underwater, bulldoze the lot to get the natural/not completely flat and weird terrain back and it will still be underwater, that's what those two steps are for.