Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DataHead's Build Thread: D.N.A. & More! -- The Sims 4?

Comments

• calkid96calkid96 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    IMAGE 1 - This is the living room/area. As you can see I put a grand piano in to give the apartment a more Art-deco feel. I really like how the curtains look in this room, but they don't look as nice in the other rooms, so I may not keep that kind of curtain.

IMAGE 2 - This shows you pretty much an overall view of the apartment. The elevator opens up to the main hallway, and then you can either head to the living space or kitchen/dining room. There are also 2 bedrooms (not shown) on the other side of the building (same floor).

IMAGE 3 - Shows you an overall view of the rooms a little more in detail. I still have to recolor the cabinets in the kitchen, but you can see the island has already been recolored, and that's what all of the counters and cabinets will look like.

IMAGE 4 - Exterior view showing the windows spanning the first and second floors.

IMAGE 5 - This is the second floor. There is a small portion of the balcony that juts out from the rest. This is so it covers all of that hallway space. The columns that sit in the corners of the living room and dining room span up through the open space that is created by the balcony.

Just let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to change!

It looks great thanks for showing me.P.S. It has just occurred to me I have the jazz age set if that is any help thanks again DH
  • DataHeadDataHead Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited June 2013
    calkid96 wrote:
    DataHead wrote:
    IMAGE 1 - This is the living room/area. As you can see I put a grand piano in to give the apartment a more Art-deco feel. I really like how the curtains look in this room, but they don't look as nice in the other rooms, so I may not keep that kind of curtain.

IMAGE 2 - This shows you pretty much an overall view of the apartment. The elevator opens up to the main hallway, and then you can either head to the living space or kitchen/dining room. There are also 2 bedrooms (not shown) on the other side of the building (same floor).

IMAGE 3 - Shows you an overall view of the rooms a little more in detail. I still have to recolor the cabinets in the kitchen, but you can see the island has already been recolored, and that's what all of the counters and cabinets will look like.

IMAGE 4 - Exterior view showing the windows spanning the first and second floors.

IMAGE 5 - This is the second floor. There is a small portion of the balcony that juts out from the rest. This is so it covers all of that hallway space. The columns that sit in the corners of the living room and dining room span up through the open space that is created by the balcony.

Just let me know what you think, and if there's anything you want me to change!

It looks great thanks for showing me.P.S. It has just occurred to me I have the jazz age set if that is any help thanks again DH

THAT WOULD WORK REALLY WELL!!! Let me know if you have it or not, if you do I could definitely use most of the items in that set.
    edited June 2013
    yes I have the jazz age set
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oooh a new WIP! Looking good! Can't wait to see more. :D
  • annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2013
    Great work :) I Love the living room! :thumbup:
    edited July 2013
    Hi Datahead
    hope your ok. Hows my lot going?
    from
    Cal
    edited July 2013
    -
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2013
    CTGjgs985 and Bubble16 your requests have both been placed on hold.
  • godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :)

I answered you on the DNA thread. I have also accepted your FR. once again, sorry for being a bit late in my reply. I have had some stuff come up and wasnt able to get online for the past few days. :) Thanks agian for accepting my request.
    edited August 2013
    godshelpio wrote:

I answered you on the DNA thread. I have also accepted your FR. once again, sorry for being a bit late in my reply. I have had some stuff come up and wasnt able to get online for the past few days. :) Thanks agian for accepting my request.

Thank you for checking in! I'm glad to finally hear from you, and I hope whatever came up is taken care of! :mrgreen:

So for your houseboat, what style of boat where you thinking? I know you said you wanted it to actually look like a real boat, but what sort of boat where you thinking? Barge, Yacht, Sail boat, etc.

What do you think of this floor plan, but modified so it's a little bigger to fit your needs -- http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/boat-design/39377d1263199032-houseboat-pontoon-design-ryd-296c.jpg

Thanks again!
  • foxgirl902foxgirl902 Posts: 10,987 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi! :mrgreen:
    Thanks for taking my request, and I just accepted your friend request too.
    edited August 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    godshelpio wrote:

Thank you for checking in! I'm glad to finally hear from you, and I hope whatever came up is taken care of! :mrgreen:

So for your houseboat, what style of boat where you thinking? I know you said you wanted it to actually look like a real boat, but what sort of boat where you thinking? Barge, Yacht, Sail boat, etc.

What do you think of this floor plan, but modified so it's a little bigger to fit your needs -- http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/boat-design/39377d1263199032-houseboat-pontoon-design-ryd-296c.jpg

Thanks again!

Yacht for sure, can be mini if there isnt enough money. :) Floor plan looks great. Whatever floor plan (or if you dont choose one) will be fine. :) I would really like you to have creative freedom in this. Whatever works best for you I will be more than happy with. :) Thanks agian for accepting my request.
    edited August 2013
    godshelpio wrote:
    DataHead wrote:
    godshelpio wrote:

Thanks again!

Yacht for sure, can be mini if there isnt enough money. :) Floor plan looks great. Whatever floor plan (or if you dont choose one) will be fine. :) I would really like you to have creative freedom in this. Whatever works best for you I will be more than happy with. :) Thanks agian for accepting my request.

Alright, I'll head in-game either tonight or tomorrow and get you some screenshots ASAP!

EDIT - What style did you want the interiors to be? I know you said fairly low-budget, but would you like a nautical theme, traditional, modern, etc?
    edited August 2013
    DataHead wrote:
    godshelpio wrote:
    DataHead wrote:
    godshelpio wrote:

Thanks again!

Alright, I'll head in-game either tonight or tomorrow and get you some screenshots ASAP!

EDIT - What style did you want the interiors to be? I know you said fairly low-budget, but would you like a nautical theme, traditional, modern, etc?

a mix of contemporary, and nautical.. I want it to be bright, and airy. I dont like ultra clean white modern.. I do like simplistic, efficient, design with personality. I want it warm and friendly

here is a referance of what I am kind of talking about.. it is a tiny house that I made, it has no cc at all. so it is safe to DL. I used dark woods matched with creamy interiors, and stone flooring for an accent.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7396379
    edited August 2013
    Here are some images, and I also have some questions for you...

iKucya8np9fI5.jpg
    iB8VrZCQ41G9p.jpg
    ibcomhlkOsGrZ6.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Okay, I also have some questions/comments for you and then hopefully I can get it uploaded for you tomorrow!

1. Do you like the design of the exterior? I tried to get it to look like a boat as best as I could, hopefully this is what you where looking for.

2. I need to go back and change the theme of the 2 smaller bedrooms to the types you specified. I couldn't remember what you wanted, which is a neutral nursery and a nautical boys room correct?

3. The way the lighting is makes the colors look extremely bright, but I would still like to go in and make some changes to the walls and such. Do you like the woods I've used for the walls?

4. There isn't a whole lot of room left for appliances in the kitchen, but I can add some more counters in the basement if you'd like.

4. Here's the big one; I am running VERY low on funds. What I have done already exceeds the limit of 40K that you asked for, so I have 2 options. 1 - I leave the lot where it is, and upload it without a lot of the extra features (exercise equipment, plants, appliances, etc.) and as your sims gain some more cash they can purchase them as you go. 2 - We go ahead and exceed the price you set, it probably won't be too much over (50-60K).

Thanks!
    -DH
    edited August 2013
    Okay, I also have some questions/comments for you and then hopefully I can get it uploaded for you tomorrow!

1. Do you like the design of the exterior? I tried to get it to look like a boat as best as I could, hopefully this is what you where looking for.

I really like the exterior, just about close to what I had in mind for looking like a boat. :)

2. I need to go back and change the theme of the 2 smaller bedrooms to the types you specified. I couldn't remember what you wanted, which is a neutral nursery and a nautical boys room correct?

yep. perfect.

3. The way the lighting is makes the colors look extremely bright, but I would still like to go in and make some changes to the walls and such. Do you like the woods I've used for the walls?

I prefer more toned down colors, and solid colored walls. I do like dark woods, but with less "orange" in them.. if you look at the color wheel in cas you can drag the color more towards the center. :)

4. There isn't a whole lot of room left for appliances in the kitchen, but I can add some more counters in the basement if you'd like.

no, what you have is fine.

4. Here's the big one; I am running VERY low on funds. What I have done already exceeds the limit of 40K that you asked for, so I have 2 options. 1 - I leave the lot where it is, and upload it without a lot of the extra features (exercise equipment, plants, appliances, etc.) and as your sims gain some more cash they can purchase them as you go. 2 - We go ahead and exceed the price you set, it probably won't be too much over (50-60K).

we can push it up to 50k. But if you do the live in cheat, it will knock the price back a couple thousand. also, are those all in one bathrooms in each of the smaller bedrooms? If so, those can go as well.. no need to have two of them.. perhaps an area for just one.. that would also knock the price back by 4k. :)

Thanks!
    -DH
    edited August 2013
    Alright thanks for responding! I can deffinetly do all those things, and I've already done the live in cheat, so really the price is probably already 45K! :lol: I'll go in-game now and change up the colors more to your liking! :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    YAY for a houseboat! It is looking fantastic! :D
    edited August 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    YAY for a houseboat! It is looking fantastic! :D

Thanks Yanti! I'm 99% sure I'll get it uploaded tonight! :mrgreen:
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2013
    you are a very talented builder Datahead, I lost some time going through your studio. Your request builds look wonderful :)
    edited August 2013
    you are a very talented builder Datahead, I lost some time going through your studio. Your request builds look wonderful :)

Thanks!

Godshelpio

Your build is finished, but my laptop battery died while I was taking screenshots so I'm going to let it charge overnight and finish taking pictures and upload it tomorrow! :mrgreen:
  • annin7annin7 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2013
    Your houseboat looks great! :thumbup:
    edited August 2013
    Here you go Godshelpio! All finished and ready to set sail!! :mrgreen:

roof_up_original.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited August 2013
    Penelope is a great houseboat. :) Nice shade of green that you used for the interior. The boat bed and nautical picture in the children's bedroom looks great. Great eat-in bar counter island. Sims will enjoy having fun listening /dancing to the stereo music and using the gym equipment in the basement.
    A great boat!