Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Illusie's D.N.A. contact - NEW 7/10:Villa Serena p18

illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
Hey everyone,

This is my communication thread for D.N.A.

{hugs}

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

My links:
Illusie´s Creations
Illusie´s Website

D.N.A. links:
D.N.A. Master Thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607188.page
For the current DNA thread click my siggy

•• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• •• ••

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited July 2014
    Current Request

*Username:sgmf2011
    *Preferred builder:
    *Type of build: Hacienda/Spanish Colonial/Modern(inside)/Mexican mini-mansion.
    *Which EPs and SPs do you have? World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise,Into the Future, High-End, Fast Lane, Outdoor, Town, Master Suite, Katy Perry's ST, and Diesel.
    *If you have Showtime, which edition do you have? Katy Perry
    *Lot size (dimensions):40x40 or bigger
    *Number of bedrooms: 5 bedrooms
    *Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms? 1 Master suite. 1 Nursery. 1 Boy(Child). 1 Girl(Child). 1 Guest suite.
    *Number of bathrooms: 5
    *Favorite color schemes: Neutral, Soft, darker, clean, Natural, deep.
    *Colors you dislike:Neon.Bright.
    *Do you want it furnished and decorated? Yes.
    *Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Yes
    *Please list the Store content that can be used: Hacienda Luxury. Business as Usual.SkyLight Studio. Wilderness Dreaming.Japanese Living. Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes. Stones Throw. Romanza Ceremony&Reception. Contemporary Comfort Bedroom. Ultra Lounge Laundry. India Inspirations Collection. Forest Bedroom. Animals Abound PlayGround. Faire Folk Outdoors/Slumber/Den. Sweet Escape Nursery. Panda&Friends. Commissioned by Kings.Aurora Skies Gold. Sunlit Tides Standard. Lucky Palms Standard. Hidden Springs. Barnacle Bay. Riverview.
    *Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used:None
    *If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? Isla Paradiso.
    *Link to specific house or plan: Doesn't have to match any of these. Just for an idea of what I would like.

http://www.premierroofs.com/images/spanish-colonial-001-sm.jpg
    http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Renovated-
    1925-Spanish-Colonial-in-Altadena-for-sale.jpg
    http://buildingsavvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Back-Sketch
    -w-Arrows.gif
    *Special requirements? Pool. BBQ area. Courtyard. Half Circle Drive-way. Basement gaming/movie room. Small office/Library. Small garden. 2 car garage. Nice yard work but not over done. high-tech kitchen.
    *Additional instructions? Would love for it to be near the water... so I could have a boat dock. Even if I have to delete a home already built. However not a requirement. It's for a wealthy Sim couple...so The best of everything is requested!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/750722.page#11988232

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2014
    Finished Requests:

[img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/082/938/16/roof_up_original.jpg "width=200"[/img] [img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/082/473/80/roof_up_original.jpg "width=200"[/img]
    [img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/thumb/shard000/000/080/748/21/original.jpg "width=200"[/img] original.jpg"width=200" headshot_original.jpg"width=200" headshot_original.jpg"width=200" headshot_original.jpg"width=200" roof_up_original.jpg"width=200"
  • Cynth220Cynth220 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited August 2013
    :shock: Hi~! :lol: Accepted your friend request. In all honesty I wasn't expecting my request to be accepted for awhile yet.

Edit: I got some self-made custom patterns you can throw in if you want. I'll have them uploaded by the time you get this. (Just edited in-game presets)
    edited August 2013
    Hi! Thank you for accepting the FR!

There were so many requests for specific builders, and some requested too large lots for my computer to handle, so that is why it is already your turn! So you just were very lucky :D

I don´t use custom patterns, so if you don´t mind i won´t use them.
    Oh hang on...you say it are recolers of EA patterns? Then I might be able to use them.

Which whirlpool do you own? Than I can include that in the house, or is it CC?

The picture of the house is not very clear. Do you want me to stay really close to the picture or do I have freedom with the house?

I was playing with the garden. It looks different from your photograph, I had a bit too much creative inspiration. If you don´t like it I can start on a new plot and stick closer to the picture. With this garden the house will have to be a little smaller and 2 level instead of one. This is not finished yet, but will give you an idea of what I have.

1jvp14.jpg

b6vclk.jpg

This is very very very loosely based on your photograph. I only used basegame items. The waterfal is made with the fogemitter. This used to be an ambitions item, but is now for basegame.
    I am good at making things look close to a picture, so if you want me to make it the same is in the picture than let me know. Than I will keep this waterfall for a personal project.

So, let me know if you want me to keep this or not!
    edited August 2013
    illusie wrote:
    Hi! Thank you for accepting the FR!

There were so many requests for specific builders, and some requested too large lots for my computer to handle, so that is why it is already your turn! So you just were very lucky :D

I don´t use custom patterns, so if you don´t mind i won´t use them.
    Oh hang on...you say it are recolers of EA patterns? Then I might be able to use them.

Which whirlpool do you own? Than I can include that in the house, or is it CC?

The picture of the house is not very clear. Do you want me to stay really close to the picture or do I have freedom with the house?

I was playing with the garden. It looks different from your photograph, I had a bit too much creative inspiration. If you don´t like it I can start on a new plot and stick closer to the picture. With this garden the house will have to be a little smaller and 2 level instead of one. This is not finished yet, but will give you an idea of what I have.

1jvp14.jpg

b6vclk.jpg

This is very very very loosely based on your photograph. I only used basegame items. The waterfal is made with the fogemitter. This used to be an ambitions item, but is now for basegame.
    I am good at making things look close to a picture, so if you want me to make it the same is in the picture than let me know. Than I will keep this waterfall for a personal project.

So, let me know if you want me to keep this or not!

Yeah, I just like mucking around with things already in-game. Like the wood pattern that comes with the tiki set I have, I made an almost exact copy of it going the other way. But yeah, as close as you can get it with base game stuff. There's LOADS of pictures so don't be shy in meddling and fussing.

Edit: WOW! Yeah, that looks amazing already! And yeah, I know about the fog emitter, I've never used it personally but I do know about it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited August 2013
    Your WIP looks great! :)Great way you have done the waterfall! The rocks and flowers/plants look great .
    It is looking good!
    edited August 2013
    Glad to hear you like it, Cynth220!
    The fog emitter is a little tricky to use. I only know how to do some basic things with it. I still ahve to investigate some more possibilities.
    I think it will be fun to use only base game items (and the store items you listed). Uusually I go for stuff from EP so now I'll use some things I haven't used in a while.

Rosemow, thank you!! It will look even better when it is done...at least that is what I hope :D
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am so GLAD we aren't limited to a specific word count with these pictures :lol:

These are your first WIP pictures for this project and I freely admit... I plan on "borrowing" a copy of the finished build because I will need to see it up close and personal - don't want to miss out on any fine details!

Speaking of fine details, these photos offers plenty. The pool looks very inviting and the waterfall certainly draws attention. I love the way you used the fog emitter in this! I can easily see Sims swimming in the pool or sitting in the shade. What a nice seating area that you have created! I especially like how you did flooring because it really highlights this area much like a frame does to a picture. The landscaping is lush and lends a tropical feeling with beautiful flowers that provide lovely pops of color all around. Making this hill behind the waterfall is another terrific idea! I love how you set the telescope there and can only imagine that the view must be a gorgeous one.

I definitely look forward to seeing more WIP pictures as you continue with this request!
    edited August 2013
    ADWilson wrote:
    I am so GLAD we aren't limited to a specific word count with these pictures :lol:

These are your first WIP pictures for this project and I freely admit... I plan on "borrowing" a copy of the finished build because I will need to see it up close and personal - don't want to miss out on any fine details!

Speaking of fine details, these photos offers plenty. The pool looks very inviting and the waterfall certainly draws attention. I love the way you used the fog emitter in this! I can easily see Sims swimming in the pool or sitting in the shade. What a nice seating area that you have created! I especially like how you did flooring because it really highlights this area much like a frame does to a picture. The landscaping is lush and lends a tropical feeling with beautiful flowers that provide lovely pops of color all around. Making this hill behind the waterfall is another terrific idea! I love how you set the telescope there and can only imagine that the view must be a gorgeous one.

I definitely look forward to seeing more WIP pictures as you continue with this request!

:lol: I don't mind if anyone else wants to have the finished product for themselves. I haven't had a chance to buy an expansion since I bought Monte Vista but I do plan on having IP and Into the future.
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ooh! That looks promising! Love the waterfall! :D
  • aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ahhh I love the landscaping! Really beautiful. And I've never pulled off the pond/pool thing... this looks really natural. And I love the soft colors with the flowers accenting them. Very nice!
    edited August 2013
    Mini update: I'm TRYING to add the free content that's up this weekend but so far the system is glitching. I really do like the Reach for the Heavens plant thing.

:oops: Haha, forgot to mention is the reward item. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456640.page scroll down until you get to the Achievements section, the whirlpool/hot tub is there.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks everyone for the compliments!
    Cynth220 wrote:
    Mini update: I'm TRYING to add the free content that's up this weekend but so far the system is glitching. I really do like the Reach for the Heavens plant thing.

:oops: Haha, forgot to mention is the reward item. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456640.page scroll down until you get to the Achievements section, the whirlpool/hot tub is there.

I already guessed it was that hottub, but I wasn´t sure. Let me know which free items you were able to download.
    edited August 2013
    Rosemow, thank you!

Adwilson lol Addy. You already think you will ´borrow´ it? Aw how cute! I hope the rest of the lot will be as pretty as the garden. I´ll certainly do my best!
    I always like to pay attention to little details. Glad to hear they are appreciated! {hugs addy}

Yanti, thank you!

Aminovas, I have not done many tropical lots before so I am excite it turned out well!
    edited August 2013
    The Two Elements Sink and the Reach for the Heaven plant. I've already looked at them in-game and think they're wonderful. As for the link I posted, I pretty much got everything that's listed. Missing the achievement clothes really.
    edited August 2013
    What you can see here is the hot tub.I think I´ll still need to change the colour of the wooden area of the pilars.

33ome04.jpg

Do you have that roof colour with just the basegame? I think it came with a patch.
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looks fab Illusie!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited August 2013
    The hot tub gazebo area is lovely! :) It looks nice the way you have used the plant trellis arches. Nice way you have placed the sculpture on the side of the hot tub. The rocks and plants out the front look great.
    It is looking great!
    edited August 2013
    Wow~! Yeah, I got all the patches that they've put out so far. And I guess the wood part of those pillars could be changed over to a different wood or maybe a different material all together.
  • GreenDream19GreenDream19 Posts: 1,294 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looking wonderful so far Illusie! D
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2013
    Looking fantabulous, illusie! :mrgreen:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    Olala! The hot tub area is truly fantabulous! :mrgreen:
    edited August 2013
    Hey hun, just letting you know I peek in without logging in at least once a day to see if there's anymore WIP pics. Those shots you posted are such a tantalizing hint to what it will look like in the end.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks everyone.

I forgot to mention I only have time to play the sims in the weekend.
    But I don´t think I´ll be able to do anything this weekend. I have caught the flu and I have slept almost the whole day.

I´m glad to hear you love the sneak peeks! I´ll let you know when I feel better again then I´ll show you some more screenshots.
    edited August 2013
    I have recovered from my flu and I have some new pictures for you.

1872185_orig.jpg

6954613_orig.jpg

838028_orig.jpg