Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Droopy pants confirmed!

This may have to be the most exciting feature ever made in The Sims series! SimGuruGraham confirmed 8hrs ago that with the power of the sims 4 they will be able to render droopy pants with unparalleled material! This made my expectation even higher! Maybe we will get other celebrity clothing trends? Meat dress anyone?

aTLowi5.png

Comments

• PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2013
    :lol::lol::lol:

I had uncontrollable fits of laughter while imagining what this would look like.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited August 2013
    Please no :( I hate that trend.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Kath235Kath235 Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2013
    Mariefoxprice83, I hate the trend as well. Hopefully they will also have plenty of not so droopy pants for us! :)
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2013
    I do hope that these celebrity/company contracts and endorsements will end. It will cost EA more money and it may not be successful.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    The photo he added to the tweet was just...idek ... I'm speechless it looks like something is hanging in that guys pants...total turn off and it looks ridiculous ... I think the pants sagging should be to a minimum not over the top like that picture.
    p6tqefj
    edited August 2013
    Hope so! I just don't find it attractive!
  • EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited August 2013
    He has yet to confirm it was sarcasm or untrue! Get excited to put any pattern on them and make 'em look wild!
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    sims152318 wrote:
    I do hope that these celebrity/company contracts and endorsements will end. It will cost EA more money and it may not be successful.
    Yup I swear if anything Justin Bieber related is in the game I will shoot myself in the foot. :?
    p6tqefj
    edited August 2013
    alexandrea wrote:
    sims152318 wrote:
    Yup I swear if anything Justin Bieber related is in the game I will shoot myself in the foot. :?

Tempting. Very tempting, ;)

I said in a different thread I don't think the game needs the celebrity endorsements and I've never liked Bieber.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm not even going to say what I think of Beiber, but if they come out with his endorsement I'd never buy it and I bet I'm not the only one. Celebrity endorsements are a bad idea all the way around.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well I guess we now get to have sims telling other sims to pull up their pants.
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully this is just another hint of us being able to make our own clothes.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited August 2013
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Well I guess we now get to have sims telling other sims to pull up their pants.

:lol:
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, cool. I was wondering what annoying item that would serve as a justifiable reason to murder sims would be in this game.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, cool. I was wondering what annoying item that would serve as a justifiable reason to murder sims would be in this game.

:lol: That's hilarious!
  • EivindbroenEivindbroen Posts: 223 New Member
    edited August 2013

:lol:
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2013
    Please noooo :O
    Imagine townies all walking around with those dreadful pants :lol:
    edited August 2013
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Please noooo :O
    Imagine townies all walking around with those dreadful pants :lol:

I did start the fire
    It is always burning
    While the world is turning
    I did start the fire
    Yes I did light it
    I just had to ignite it
  • Robert123971Robert123971 Posts: 378 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I do actually hope this style is really implemented. I like playing with stories and could find uses for pants such as those to portray the character of some teenage/ young adult sims.

Also... Settle down with the Bieber hatred... It's very unlikely that he will be a celebrity endorsement if there are any and it's just plain mean and immature to express your dislike for a human being who is at a very early stage in their life and under public scrutiny on an almost hourly basis.
    edited August 2013
    I do actually hope this style is really implemented. I like playing with stories and could find uses for pants such as those to portray the character of some teenage/ young adult sims.

Also... Settle down with the Bieber hatred... It's very unlikely that he will be a celebrity endorsement if there are any and it's just plain mean and immature to express your dislike for a human being who is at a very early stage in their life and under public scrutiny on an almost hourly basis.

How about expressing my dislike for a person who makes me, at my cruelest, look like a decent human being? Between his hate-filled rants about his own fans, his encouraging them to cut themselves or commit suicide, and the other sociopathic things he's done... Well, let's just say I kinda suspect that the finale of his life will be spent in prison.

It is not immature to recognize that another person is a nasty example of humanity, and even less immature to call someone out on acting like a monster when their actions get people hurt, even if they are still just a teenager.
    edited August 2013

How about expressing my dislike for a person who makes me, at my cruelest, look like a decent human being? Between his hate-filled rants about his own fans, his encouraging them to cut themselves or commit suicide, and the other sociopathic things he's done... Well, let's just say I kinda suspect that the finale of his life will be spent in prison.

It is not immature to recognize that another person is a nasty example of humanity, and even less immature to call someone out on acting like a monster when their actions get people hurt, even if they are still just a teenager.[/quote]

You may perceive him however you want, but it's not fair to make snap judgepements on his character based on things he does at 19... I am most definitely not his biggest fan, but I reserve my judgments about him because quite frankly I don't know him on a level other than what media tells me to. He's young and his fans are younger. While I think he should've thought twice before being seen with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or whatever he was smoking causing his fans to follow a horrible trend, he does not deserve to be called a monster. He's a kid who was experimenting and who happens to have too much money and attention. I'm not trying to make an excuse for his behaviour, but he's far from a monster deserving hatred from strangers.

edited August 2013
    may perceive him however you want, but it's not fair to make snap judgepements on his character based on things he does at 19... I am most definitely not his biggest fan, but I reserve my judgments about him because quite frankly I don't know him on a level other than what media tells me to. He's young and his fans are younger. While I think he should've thought twice before being seen with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or whatever he was smoking causing his fans to follow a horrible trend, he does not deserve to be called a monster. He's a kid who was experimenting and who happens to have too much money and attention. I'm not trying to make an excuse for his behaviour, but he's far from a monster deserving hatred from strangers.

I'm not judging him on decisions he made when he's just 19. I'm judging him by the decisions he made for the last three years of his life. And I know fully well that some stars occasionally snap and do something that isn't the greatest; they're human, so I don't judge them unless they went too far off the edge (like, say, murdering someone; then I shake my head, sigh, judge them a murderer if they are convicted, move on).

So, it's not one thing he's done. It's not two things he's done. It's a pattern of behavior stretching on for years that causes my judgement. I do not call him a monster because of any single mistake; I call him a monster because he's proving, year after year, that his concern for his fellow man extends only to how much money he can make off them and how much they entertain them... even if he has to get them to suffer to get that entertainment.

If he were younger, it might be potentially excusable by pointing out all of the crap the human body does to the brain during certain years and how badly it affects some people. But, he's not; he's an adult now.

If he alters his pattern of behavior... then I judge differently. Until then, the kid's proving himself a monster.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    If the Sims have droopy pants, then there should be a head-smack action that accompanies it. In other words, if your Sim sees another Sim wearing droopy pants, he should be able to click on the guy and select the "Head-Smack" action so he can smack the dude upside the head.
    8)

edited August 2013

I'm not judging him on decisions he made when he's just 19. I'm judging him by the decisions he made for the last three years of his life. And I know fully well that some stars occasionally snap and do something that isn't the greatest; they're human, so I don't judge them unless they went too far off the edge (like, say, murdering someone; then I shake my head, sigh, judge them a murderer if they are convicted, move on).

So, it's not one thing he's done. It's not two things he's done. It's a pattern of behavior stretching on for years that causes my judgement. I do not call him a monster because of any single mistake; I call him a monster because he's proving, year after year, that his concern for his fellow man extends only to how much money he can make off them and how much they entertain them... even if he has to get them to suffer to get that entertainment.

If he alters his pattern of behavior... then I judge differently. Until then, the kid's proving himself a monster.

Monster is way too harsh a word. The decisions he's made in his life(again showed to us by the media for entertainment purposes) are those many teenagers make every day. Are they all monsters too because they occasionally do reckless things? Or are they excused because they are not under public eye constantly?
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2013
    Penelope wrote:
    If the Sims have droopy pants, then there should be a head-smack action that accompanies it. In other words, if your Sim sees another Sim wearing droopy pants, he should be able to click on the guy and select the "Head-Smack" action so he can smack the dude upside the head.
    8)

:-D :thumbup: I like you.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter