Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DLC Compatibility Alert (resolved)

thewhitecatthewhitecat Posts: 25 New Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
When they offered those great deals on Origin for Sims 3, I bought Diesel Stuff as a digital download. All of my other Sims EP's and SP's are downloaded from discs. So, today I went to download my Diesel Stuff and got this message:

DLC Compatibility Alert
It seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin. For The Sims3 Diesel Stuff to work, you will first need to:

1. Select Uninstall Now below, locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.

2. Download and install the base game through Origin by selecting it in My Games and clicking Download.

After that you can download and play The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff.

Do I really have to uninstall my game? Will I lose everything I have currently? I hope not cuz that would really suck. I had a feeling I shouldn't go for digital download and now it seems my hunch was right. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :lol:
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• thewhitecatthewhitecat Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm. :P
  • PsyencePsyence Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Ahh! Thank you so much for answering that - I was just about to hit 'uninstall' too! Saved me so much hassle <3
  • BreezedBreezed Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Ah thanks for that! I was about to be extremely frustrated. :evil:
  • liljadefernliljadefern Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much! I'd pre-ordered Supernatural a while back and was finally going to install it tonight when I came across that DLC error. Thank goodness it's not going to make me reinstall...I'm not even sure where my original Sims3 disc is, lol.
  • JanewayJaneway Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for this thread! I just got this message, and when I searched I found your answer. As you said, works like a charm! :)
  • aimiieaimiie Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Thankyou so much, I was just about to cry! thought i had wasted my money, Just got the paradise island and came up with same message, No idea what i've done with my sims 3 disk, was thinking i'd have to re buy it! haha Can't thankyou enough. Happy bunny :D
  • robynmclaughlinrobynmclaughlin Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i wish i had seen this 5 days ago.

i bought Diesel stuff then too and i uninstalled my game ( kept all my savegames and items and stuff)

then my download spent five days resseting back to 40%......almost lost my game but it just suddenly started working again.

So to anyone reading this....DONT RISK YOUR GAME.

thank goodness its installed and patching now, i'd have lost it if i lost my game.
  • staceycakes1989staceycakes1989 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much! Worked like a charm! Saved me so much hassle! :D:D:D:D
  • RediiRosiiRediiRosii Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    YOU SIR ARE AN ANGEL!!! :D:D:D
  • veronique2veronique2 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for giving me this solution! It was so frustrating :)
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh my lordy dordy! So simple yet no one would think of that! THANK YOU!!!
  • lalabenassilalabenassi Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I got the same error, thank you so much for sharing! :D
  • kayjaxxkayjaxx Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much for posting this. :) I was getting upset thinking I had to uninstall the game.
  • violagattiviolagatti Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks very much!!!!
  • Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thank you sooooo much! My husband bought me Showtime and my disk drive wasn't working so decided to use their digital download and saw I needed to uninstall base game :evil: ,this saved me so much time and hassle!!!
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited August 2013
    I wish I would have seen this thread this morning. Instead I called Customer Service who told me that I would have to uninstall the game. They even had me download the Origins copy of The Sims 3 base game in addition to the game I bought. So here I am 5 hours later, and still waiting for Sims 3 Base Game that I already own on disc to finish downloading so that I can download the EP that I bought. What's worse is that for some reason my download was at 98% a moment ago, but before it hit 100% it suddenly dropped back to 69%? Not sure what that is about but I am not impressed with Origin right now.

Plus once this download is done I get to re-download the patches, wait while the game I actually bought (Island Paradise) downloads. I just hope that after all this my game actually runs. :(
  • Russells2Russells2 Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited August 2013
    APotts wrote:
    I wish I would have seen this thread this morning. Instead I called Customer Service who told me that I would have to uninstall the game. They even had me download the Origins copy of The Sims 3 base game in addition to the game I bought. So here I am 5 hours later, and still waiting for Sims 3 Base Game that I already own on disc to finish downloading so that I can download the EP that I bought. What's worse is that for some reason my download was at 98% a moment ago, but before it hit 100% it suddenly dropped back to 69%? Not sure what that is about but I am not impressed with Origin right now.

Plus once this download is done I get to re-download the patches, wait while the game I actually bought (Island Paradise) downloads. I just hope that after all this my game actually runs. :(

I did this earlier today and also wish I'd seen this thread first. When my base game FINALLY finished re-installing from Origin, I had to enter the redemption code, and the product code on the My Games page said it was invalid. I then had to wait for an hour to live chat with customer service, although as soon as he could look into my account and make sure everything was legit he gave me a new activation code for the base game.

So, I finally got it installed and started installing Island Paradise. Origin said I had to update my base game first, not a problem, right? I went to open the launcher and nothing except error after error. I had to search the forums and finally came across a link for a manual update to the current patch. That took another 20 minutes to download, but once it finished I could finally open my launcher and finish installing IP. It took me all flipping day just to get the game on my computer, I'm not super happy right now, but I'm still excited about getting to play it.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited August 2013
    Russells2 wrote:
    APotts wrote:

I did this earlier today and also wish I'd seen this thread first. When my base game FINALLY finished re-installing from Origin, I had to enter the redemption code, and the product code on the My Games page said it was invalid. I then had to wait for an hour to live chat with customer service, although as soon as he could look into my account and make sure everything was legit he gave me a new activation code for the base game.

So, I finally got it installed and started installing Island Paradise. Origin said I had to update my base game first, not a problem, right? I went to open the launcher and nothing except error after error. I had to search the forums and finally came across a link for a manual update to the current patch. That took another 20 minutes to download, but once it finished I could finally open my launcher and finish installing IP. It took me all flipping day just to get the game on my computer, I'm not super happy right now, but I'm still excited about getting to play it.

I am glad to hear you got your game up and running, and sorry to hear you had to deal with all of that. My download reset itself again, from 80% to 69%, not sure why it keeps doing that. I am back up to 85% and if it resets again I don't know what I will do. I am very disappointed right now, but I will keep my fingers crossed that this download takes and that IP is a smoother download. I also hope I won't have the problem you had with the activation code. This month alone I have had to contact customer service 6 different times over various store issues and now this, I have managed to stay friendly and polite, but I have to admit I am at my breaking point here. I really don't want to have to deal with customer service again.
  • peppergirl84peppergirl84 Posts: 255 Member
    edited August 2013
    :D you are awsome
    Headshots by T.
    1oGnYH4.png
  • fezvez2fezvez2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks!
  • Beachbunnie1987Beachbunnie1987 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2013
    awe thanks so much!!!
  • ClozaaClozaa Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm. :P

thankyouuu :D
  • DameDiaboliqueDameDiabolique Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Thank very much for this. Your solution still works and saved me from having to curse out the poor ea help chat guy again, lol.
  • jesuisdianajesuisdiana Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2013
    thanks so much from me too
    first prob I've run into and found the answer here
    thanks
  • jojohobojojohobo Posts: 24
    edited August 2013
    Thanks so much, saved me a world of hassle

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights