Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combining Households

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody knows if it's possible to combine households? I want to get a couple married, but I want him to bring in all of his money that he has and not just a very small portion. So far I've not had any luck w/that. I also want him to keep what's in his family inventory (his parents graves). Thanks!

Comments

• SonshineSonshine Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anybody know?
    edited June 2009
    bump
  • jerziguy1975jerziguy1975 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I did it once I believe but not completely sure how. Hopefully it might lead you in the right direction.

Go into edit town mode and click on his house. A menu might come up asking you what you want to do. I remember seeing an option for merge households. Then you click on her house. It will bring up the menu for moving and give you the option to move in with all his stuff. I'm sorry I cant be more specific, as I was playing around with the interface myself and found it by accident.

I hope this might help you or someone else might have a little more info to pin it down.

• JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    simply try to move one household into another and it will ask if you want to merge the households. You may or may not have to be in edit town mode for this to happen. I can't remember which I was in at the time.
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Jerziguy! That worked! He brought in all of his money plus his inventory. Now they can be properly married. :)
  • jerziguy1975jerziguy1975 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You are welcome! Hopefully they lead a happy life together with lots of babies hehe.