Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you give up an unwanted child for Adoption?

Comments

• Siwsi2Siwsi2 Posts: 375 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I wonder if you moved another Sim into the active household with the baby, then they decided to move out, they could take the baby? I've not tried it, but it might work. It would still be on the family tree, though.
  • mcgillvymcgillvy Posts: 721 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Vormund0 wrote:
    Ok well this could make kittens cry but is it possible to kill the baby by fire?

I tried once.

My sims had triplets and I only wanted twins. So I boxed poor Charlie in a room by himself and had his pops go make some mac n cheese and "accidentally" :twisted: walk away. Then by some mysterious magic the door to the room disappeared.

Charlie sat in the room for 3 hours. Chillin in the middle of the inferno laughing as the fire tore through half the house.

All I could think after picking him up after the flames died out was "Akwaaaaard" :P

LOL- you're poor house.

~~

edited June 2009
    Hades302 wrote:
    Create another Adult Sim, place a copy in your active household, then Kick the Adult Sim and the baby out of your house by using the Move selection from a computer. Control the Adult Sim when going to the computer to complete the move, otherwise you will not be able to select the new Adult Sim to be kicked out.

I second this notion.

~~

edited June 2009
    WizardDani wrote:
    simmah wrote:
    Babies = Fireproof. Babies and children CAN'T/WON'T die, they will just be taken by the social worker eventually so spare your house the inferno and just let the kid's moods/needs drop until the social worker comes!

Actually, children can die by drowning or fire. Babies and toddlers supposedly can't die. But I had one of my toddlers die when I changed active households. I read about his death in the paper. :(

Maybe he grew up into a child and died :( My condolences...

That sucks dude. Maybe he got trapped in a box or something.

~~

• two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've created a character that I think I might use to move into households and take these unwanted babies, move out with them, and raise them herself.

She looks sort of like Mrs. Doubtfire, and she's family-oriented, neat, frugal, no sense of humor and never nude, LOL. She has a teen daughter already (flirty, inappropriate, kleptomaniac and schmoozer, bwahaha), but I can just leave the teen with any previously collected infants, while Ms. Primrose collects new clone spawn. Right?

Now to build an orphanage for them to run.
  • FiberfollyFiberfolly Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2009
    So how do you give up your child for adoption? And if you can't, what other ways are there to get rid of it?

Why don't you just moveobjects on and delete the unwanted sim? That seems the least tramatic. Either that, or get a babsitter and have them leave with the child lol.

Fiberfolly
  • TheAmeliaRose124TheAmeliaRose124 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2012
    My sim gave birth to twins which added to the ever growing family, I just moved out one of the teenagers (that had aged up to YA) and with him I gave him the twins to look after. Mwhahaha :twisted:
  • supercutie76supercutie76 Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    you cant kill babies or toddlers either social worker comes ( The grim reapers wife and kids :D ) or you cheat ( recomended )
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited May 2013
    Just ignore them. If possible put the child in a room with no door so other parents or people won't help it and eventually social services will come and take the child away.

I just tried that. I left the baby in the attic. My sim wasn't able to sleep until the baby was finally taken. But the baby still remains in the family tree. Is there a way to get rid of that?

In Sims 2 the baby would change parents once it was adopted by someone else. I tried someone else adtopting but they don't get the same baby. There has to be a way to get someone else to adopt that baby.

If you did really put a child up for adoption, the child would still remain in your family tree IRL. You may not tell anyone, but that person still would have your DNA and they would still have been a child of yours.

I like the idea of moving another sim into the house hold and having them move out with the child. It would be most like a real adoption. They take the child with them to raise the baby and the baby remains in your family tree, whether you chose to acknowledge him/her or not, it existed in your sims life for a brief moment in time and now it's off with a better family.
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited May 2013
    You can go to edit town, Move the baby out with an adult, merge them with the household you want to have adopt the baby, then move the adult back out and back into their own home, leaving the baby with the new household. They will still be in the family tree, but that's just life. lol You could use MC to remove them.

Edit: Oh, my just realized this is an old thread lol
  • CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited May 2013
    this thread feels like Alabama.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited May 2013
    Starve your child nearly to death or abuse them, so that the social worker can come and take them away.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you use mods, Master Controller has a Total Annihilation feature that totally removes all trace of the Sim from the game -- I've used it on paparazzi. :twisted:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JodieH777JodieH777 Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you don't want the baby to be on your family tree any longer, then go to edit town mode. Move in an expendable adult into the household. Next select the household and then select the split up household button. Select the adult you just moved in and the baby to split into a separate household. The adult and baby will now be on your screen. Select them and trash them. The baby will now be gone and no longer apart of the household.
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2013
    I never kill sims that are not teenager-elder. Like seriously how can you get an unwanted child? You choose to '' try for a baby '' if you want one!

And by the way when I kill sim I often regret it, then I get sad and decorate the grave for them
  • MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited May 2013
    Catrilla wrote:
    this thread feels like Alabama.
    :lol:
  • Bubbles0712Bubbles0712 Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ohmygosh this thread is too funny!!
    tumblr_nn60voEf141rcqx97o3_250.gif

• RJW96RJW96 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    You can't officially put them up for adoption however you can enter

'Testingcheatsenable On'

Invite a Sim to your house

Right click Guest Sim

'Add to active family'

Then make them move house using the phone and make them take the baby with them, you're still the parent but you no longer have to look after/ live with it but you have the option to visit it if the Sim you gave it to is a Friend
  • PopDog108PopDog108 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Don't kill them. If you kill one child, they will take away all of your other children. It happened to me. :(
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited August 2013
    If there are more relatives in the family. I usually give an unwanted kid to one of them to be raised. Sure doesn't solve the problem of removing them from the family tree. Or officially giving them up for adoption. But I always feel like it is a good way to keep the sim in the family and be charitable to sims that don't have kids but don't mind raising one as their own of a sort.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited August 2013
    Vormund0 wrote:
    Ok well this could make kittens cry but is it possible to kill the baby by fire?

I tried once.

My sims had triplets and I only wanted twins. So I boxed poor Charlie in a room by himself and had his pops go make some mac n cheese and "accidentally" :twisted: walk away. Then by some mysterious magic the door to the room disappeared.

Charlie sat in the room for 3 hours. Chillin in the middle of the inferno laughing as the fire tore through half the house.

All I could think after picking him up after the flames died out was "Akwaaaaard" :P

... This actually made me lol. XD

Couldn't you try "delete object" in testingcheatsenabled mode...? *scratches head* Or would that not work?
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2013
    I see that this is an old thread, and probably the cheats we talk about now weren't known then, but now I'm wondering. If I have testing cheats enabled and shift click on a baby, the option "object..." "delete it" comes up. If I had an unwanted baby, which I never do, I would use that. It seems to me that would remove every memory of the baby from the game, except what is in your scrapbook if you have memories enabled. Has anyone ever done that? If so, how well does it work?

Another thing I know that works for removing all traces of unwanted sims is to split the household in "edit town", put the unwanted sims on the clipboard, then either delete them or return to the game without placing them anywhere. They completely disappear from your sims' relationships lists. I've done that when the game has put a clone of one of my sims into the game - found out where they lived and edited them out.
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited August 2013
    Longknife wrote:
    By now I'm sure everyone's experienced their created families spawning unwanted children. So how do you get rid of them?
    I called the adoption service using the phone and they dropped of another child!
    I also tried the Age Transition cheat and transitioned until the baby died of 'natural causes', but that leaves a dead old sim in your family tree.

So how do you give up your child for adoption? And if you can't, what other ways are there to get rid of it?

Just select your adult sim, click the baby, go to "Special...," then choose "Punt."

That should get rid of it.

RoFL
    beefypunter.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    If you're not mod-adverse, you can click the baby, use NRaas Master Controller, go to Advanced and choose Total Annihilation. It takes the baby (or any Sim) out of the game as if it never existed. When I played celebrities, I used to use it on paparazzi hanging around my garden when I was trying to work. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Binggirl2012Binggirl2012 Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    If you really want to get rid of the child but dont want to kill it, I would suggest the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat. Pull up the cheat console using Ctrl + Shift + C and type in testingcheatsenabled true

After this step, hold shift and click on the child. Click the option for "object" and then "delete". Boom, your unwanted child is gone. However, they will still show up in your family tree if you do this. But if you find killing babies (AI babies or not)and dont want to wait around for social services, this is another option.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top