Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into the Future Blogs - go read em'!

Hey everyone!

Here's where we'll round up all the dev blogs for Into the Future! Keep an eye on this sticky to see the most recent blog.

Let's go... INTO THE FUTURE! - SimGuruSNelson
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=513639

1010 Things You Should Know About Plumbots - SimGuruBritt

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=516041

Do You Want to Change the Future? - SimGuruLauren
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=520763

Future Living Pt 1 - SimGuruFont
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=524302

Future Living Pt 2 - SimGuruFont
http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=524441

Feel free to share your feedback in this thread :)

Comments

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    :shock: Blog!? :shock:

*teleports on over to read!*

*reads--no--PORES over!*

*teleports back!*

Captain's Log: Stardate July 30th at 12:00 hours
    simgurus wrote:
    We set out to build a whole new world hundreds of years from now

Daaaaang! How far away from the LL timeline are we talking here? Pre-LL? Post-LL?
    simgurus wrote:
    The game gets even more interesting once you start traveling back and forth between the future and the present. What your Sims do in the present will affect the future—will that future be a grim one or a bright one? Will your Sims have to adapt to a polluted and unstable environment, or will they walk around with aspring in their step through a love-infused wonderland where anyone is liable to break into spontaneous dance at any time? Nothing is ever completely black or white, though: meteorites that rain down in the dystopic future can leave behind gems that are a great source of income, and Sims that have to resort to eating bugs will find they can make a nutritious and tasty dish! Meanwhile, even the happy-go-luckiest of Sims in the future utopia might overdose on all the love and sunshine and end up retching rainbows!

:shock: Explain all of that in accute DETAIL, right nooooooow!!!!!!!
    simgurus wrote:
    If you reduce your present-day household to a single Sim with the loner trait, for example, you might go on your next trip to the future only to find them descendant-less!

Holy heck! :shock:
    I KNEW it! Different trips yeild different effects; YES!
    simgurus wrote:
    laser beat machine (a crazy new electronic instrument that’s part laser harp, part foot drums!)

That's that laser rhythmiconthingamajig y'all were talking about in the last chat, right?
    simgurus wrote:
    You can hone your new bot-building skill in order to create different trait chips and program your bots’ behavior. Your bots can become friends and companions for your Sims and integrate into their lives in interesting ways as you give them not only parts to, say, help out around the home, but emotional traits as well!

I can't wait to play around with trait chips! :mrgreen:

God, just release the daggone EP tomorrow and put me out of my misery! :XD:
  • EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited July 2013
    *Too excited to type an actual post*
    You're too late.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2013
    :D I knew that I would get it no matter what, but I was blown away by what little I saw in the last broadcast. It really looked great. Can't wait to see more today.

One question I thought of is how long we get to stay in the future or do we decide when to leave?

Hate that the Sims 3 is ending without farming, the past, and many other things that I wanted. Pinning all my hopes on the store.

Happy simming.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmm I wonder what this means. Could it mean your sim from the present can find romance easily in the future?

Will your Sims have to adapt to a polluted and unstable environment, or will they walk around with aspring in their step through a love-infused wonderland where anyone is liable to break into spontaneous dance at any time?
  • michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited July 2013
    davina1221 wrote:
    :D I knew that I would get it no matter what, but I was blown away by what little I saw in the last broadcast. It really looked great. Can't wait to see more today.

One question I thought of is how long we get to stay in the future or do we decide when to leave?

Hate that the Sims 3 is ending without farming, the past, and many other things that I wanted. Pinning all my hopes on the store.

Happy simming.

Britt said you can live there if you want, but she would hate for you to miss what happens when you travel to and from the Future. There are no time limits.

I can't wait to see LL decked out with the Future items.
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2013

I can't wait to see LL decked out with the Future items.

THIS!

I felt bad that LL missed out on all the IP features that were basically useless, there. But, this EP more than makes up for that. I am one happy camper. LL is going to come alive, now.

If we can just get those hover taxis/work vehicles for LL, I would be ecstatic. Over the moon, no pun intended. LOL

Oh, just thought of a question: Can we meet and marry someone from the future, have kids in the future, and bring the family back to the present and have more kids in the present??? If so, what happens to the descendents? Is that one of the paradox things?

I'm getting so excited! Squeeee! :D
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hmm I wonder what this means. Could it mean your sim from the present can find romance easily in the future?

Will your Sims have to adapt to a polluted and unstable environment, or will they walk around with aspring in their step through a love-infused wonderland where anyone is liable to break into spontaneous dance at any time?

Oh yeah, CLP: I'll bet your ears perked up and your whiskers twitched when you read that part. :mrgreen:
  • SiMsshadySiMsshady Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Omg cannot wait ! I wish Quxxn was here to play it<3. Rest in paradise. Queenie. ---QuxxnsAngel
  • XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    Why do I see all this descendants feature being restricted to eventboxes?
    I don't believe we'll get to see these descendants personally. Seems abit too good to be true.
  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited August 2013
    New blog is up, everyone!

SimGuruBritt talks PLUMBOTS!

• Grumpy_PlantsGrumpy_Plants Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2013
    This is going to be the best EP EVAR!!!Especially since it comes out on my birthday.
  • aaronmposton87aaronmposton87 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2013
    The idea of there being sculptures of yourself in the future for leaving a legacy is a really cool one, but it calls to mind one of my two long time complaints about the sims 3 ambitions. You can only sculpt sims in ice. I am down on my knees begging. The next time the game is patched can we please be able to sculpt our sims in stone. In fact I really wish we could use the pattern editor on any sculpture our sims sculpt. Please and Thankyou!!!
    edited August 2013
    New blog is up, everyone!

SimGuruBritt talks PLUMBOTS!

thank you!!
    If you’re looking for a bot with a little more humanity, give Sentience a try. This chip is the closest program to humanity that a Plumbot can equip.
    I'm really loving the sound of the SENTIENCE trait chip.
    1000. Romance is in the silicon. With the Capacity to Love trait chip, Plumbots can simulate all the gushy feelings human Sims love to express. Bots can even woohoo with each other in a variety of places; for a great new woohoo spot, look no further than the Bot Workshop!
    OHHHH~! That explains a lot. :mrgreen:
    1001. Plumbots can project the future! With a Holo-Projector chip, bots can help you contact your friends in the future so you can keep in touch, even when you’re separated by time and space. Who needs a phone when you have a Plumbot?!

Soooo Star Wars--I LOVE IT!! I'll make a fat white and blue one and name it R2D2! :mrgreen:
    edited September 2013
    New blog, Simmers!

SimGuruLauren talks about Cause & Effect:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=520763

• becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    Need to read more blogs but I'm really looking forward to this EP. They had me a huge flowers :P.

5_UtopiaFlowerRainbow.jpg"width=600"

edited September 2013
    I'm sorry, but as cute and squishy as all the Utopian stuff is and how perfect it will be for my Oz/Wonderland gameplay (squee~!) I just want to fill my game full of futureshock and dystopia. :twisted: The Dystopian features are cracking me up; I must be far more perverse than I thought I was. :shock:

The utopian aspect can wait; it seems too surreal to be part of the future...at least the type I personally imagine. :? It seems more fanciful and whimsical, like LL--the ordinary OL IS EXACTLY my image of what a futuristic utopia would be like, not some kisses and hugs hippie convention. But I guess it fits with the overall absurdity of The Sims pixelverse. :lol: I'm reminded of some bizarre place Kirk would stumble upon during his 5-year journey. I expect Tribbles to start popping out of the flowers. :lol:

Maybe I'm just sour-graped cuz I wanted a steampunk world. :XD:
  • muffinmastermuffinmaster Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Love the new EP; too bad I can't buy it. :| My parents say I should save up so when we go to Disney I can buy a few souvenirs. Oh well! The Sims 4 will be around in not too long. :)
  • alanna_zelenalanna_zelen Posts: 99 New Member
    edited October 2013
    *can't really speak this clearly, too stunned*
    Oh... this is just epic! The stuff they are adding has actually given me a reason to preorder a Sims EP for the first time. I'm actually quite surprised nobody is remarking some of the contents is a bit reminiscent of Tron: Legacy. The puffy hairdoo for the girls makes me think of Quora. Then there's the train... well yeah, now you start noticing little things like that.

The utopian future in my opinion just needs a few fae and its perfect. The dysopian future, I would not be surprised if I find the NPC werewolves and vampires stalking around all the time. Who knows.

Most of all, the artwork is just so sleek! You can tell that since the base game was released, the dev team has really gotten good. Heck, the sleekness of the new EP is that good that if it wasn't for the underlying framework, it'd be Sims 4 stuff.

Now excuse me, I must stockpile appropriate patterns and debate on what my new family will be like.
    edited October 2013
    Love the new EP; too bad I can't buy it. :| My parents say I should save up so when we go to Disney I can buy a few souvenirs. Oh well! The Sims 4 will be around in not too long. :)

Trust me--I've been to Diney World (in Florida) a million times (I used to live 30 minutes away) and I NEVER went in there without at least $100 for souvenier money. You will feel like CRAP if you go in there broke--the gift shops are AMAZING, ESPECIALLY the big one at Magic Kingdom. And the food is delicious. If y'all head to Universal Studios to see Harry Potter World I will be so jealous--I moved the year it opened and wanted to slit my daggone wrists. All I want is to go back and buy a broom, a wand, a hat, a spellbook, some jewellery, and some candy. My Halloweens would be set for LIFE. :thumbup:

Save your money. Simming is awesome, yes, but going to frikkin Disney is pure magic. You're really lucky to have that experience; I know several poor saps who've never been there before--I feel so bad for them. :lol:
    edited October 2013
    *can't really speak this clearly, too stunned*
    Oh... this is just epic! The stuff they are adding has actually given me a reason to preorder a Sims EP for the first time.

Most of all, the artwork is just so sleek! You can tell that since the base game was released, the dev team has really gotten good. Heck, the sleekness of the new EP is that good that if it wasn't for the underlying framework, it'd be Sims 4 stuff.

Now excuse me, I must stockpile appropriate patterns and debate on what my new family will be like.

Agree 100%
    EA blew me away when they showed that first broadcast--it was gitched as heck, but the bit I saw in those first few minutes had my jaw on the floor--I thought we were looking at Mass Effect or Star Wars or something, NOT TS3! :XD: If I could I'd give EA a standing ovation. *applause* It looks BRILLIANT, pure genius, and the skill and love and dedication really shows. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET ITF!!!! ZOMG this is an EP I've fantasized about for so long, and it looks almost exactly the way I pictured it (it's not a metropolis, but I'll just add a bunch of LN/SHT rabbitholes and have done with it). I want to hug someone at EA. I was in tears; I literally cried.

I've had my ITF family all set and ready to go since before LL came out. :lol:

MAN I can't wait to start playing this daggone game! FINALLY! Sci-fi! Does anyone realize how epic this is, for the franchise!? :shock: We've been to Strangetown, we've been to the alien moon, but we've NEEEEEEVER been to the future. This is sick.

I'm so mad at TS4 for being lame, cuz I would have loved to see EA take another go at this in the next series with even more superior graphics and gameplay than what TS3 can do. Here's hoping for TS5 ITF. :lol:
    edited October 2013
    Hey Oasis Landing residents!

New blog is up - this one's a two-parter -
    Future Living Pt 1:
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=524302

Head on over & read!
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited October 2013
    Just an FYI but in the system messages for the new ITF blog the link actually takes you to the All Hallows Issue of SF magazine.
    WznfzGr.gif
    edited October 2013
    :oops:
    Yikes, sorry about that!

The new message should link to the right blogs.

BTW - everyone, part 2 is now up!
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog.html?blogid=524441

edited October 2013
    God I want this game RIGHT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWW! It's just SO PRETTY~! :oops:

Oasis Landing looks simply GORGEOUS. I wanna live there. No--really. I want to live there. Right on the water (or what's left of it. :P :roll: :lol: ) in view of the awesome buildings and all the holograms. Jesus, I'M SHAKING AGAIN. I need this EP. NOW.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay am I the only one flipping out that for once we see a same sex MALE couple in the blog?! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I really hope we finally get to see a same sex couple in the Sims franchise, that would just make my day! More so since they look like such a cute couple :mrgreen:

10_RomanceInTheFuture.jpg
    (The couple above, so cute :mrgreen: )

Also I am totally freaking out about the mannequins I thought it would be preset clothing but knowing I can make it my own, and all the ages, and also have it so that people around town start wearing it is EPIC :mrgreen:

Especially since it is truly tragic seeing a gorgeous sim who just doesn't know how to dress :lol:

Can we customize the makeup on Mannequins as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top