Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• NatrenmerlinNatrenmerlin Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2009
    :evil:Limited Customization!!! :evil:
  • Dreamer566666Dreamer566666 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Maybe I've been spoiled with the much loved expansion packs from the Sims 2, but I can't help but feel ripped off by the Sims 3. Hopefully, they'll add universities, home businesses, pets, seasons, apartments, even dates in the future.

I feel limited in the Sims 3 and it's a feeling no one should have. Of course, I ADORE the ability to change the colors of almost anything, but even then I feel just a bit cut of from true gaming freedom that is the Sims.

First of all the skin. If we can choose all the colors of the rainbow on everything else, why not our skin tone? I'm sure a lot of dark, pale people are tired of having characters with pale blue skin.

I guess some more sliding of body and face features should be added. What better way to make a Sim more unique than to change their neck, breast, and even the actual height itself. Even sliding of hair length is a splendid idea thought up by fellow Simmers.

When it comes to weight, it should be to the extreme. Maybe I'm being too cruel and opening up old wounds to certain people, but I would love to make a character that is morbidly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or obeste. Plus, Hulk muscles would be a funny attribute for a Sim.

To make it more organized we need sliders for:
    Necks
    Hips
    Breasts
    Upgraded weight and muscles
    Height
    etc...
    etc...

The traits are wonderful. MUCH better than in the previous Sim games; however, I understand that you all noticed that some are missing. How about "Bi-Polar"? One moment you're happy, the next you're sad. A perfect trait for me! :D What about "Over Protective"? A clingy boyfriend/girlfriend who won't let their lover see another person or a parent who won't let their child leave the house unless it's school. A moodlet for that could be called, "Loved ones in Danger!"

Of course, everyone knows the hairstyle issue. I have long hair and bangs. Theres hardly any long hair pass the back, and hardly any bangs or the long hairs. I'm sure the designers for the Sims 3 are working on that right now, but maybe they should take the chance to look at the unofficial ones at other sites such as modthesims or that rose site, wherever. Those are the hair that are "pretty".

How come we don't have a build a sim like in the Sims 2? I was actually looking forward to making my own stuff and not rely on complicated downloading from unofficial sites with risks of viruses. If we had our own build a sim, half of us would make our own hairstyles and share with the ones who can't. And if we share them here, it'll go through the Sims staff members and they'll take it from there and make it usable and stuff.

Clothing... well, some are pretty, and some are... well... some are things I would wear at home so no one can see me in them. A lot of clothing make my Sim look very fat, and I'm not that fat. Plus, we need very metro/fem clothing for men, because not all Man Sims are straight as rulers.

The whole teen needs an adult supervisor thing really bothers me too. In the sims 2, there was also that problem but you could go around it by making the teen have a "parent" and then once you moved them in, you move out the parent and the teens can live on their own. I wish I can do it again in the Sims 3, but no, I am being held back.

Realistically, family and ages are always twisted up. A 8 year old child can have a 18 year old sibling, it's almost natural here in the United States. It irritates me when a young adult can't have a teen sibling when you're in CAS. You have to waste time by doing it manually, which means spending you time trying to make the older teen get an A in school so that teen can grow up well to become a young adult, so the computer doesn't pick a random trait for you that makes you waist MORE time.

Another harsh reality is teen pregnancy and teen "woohoo". It'll be nice to have it, but I know how "sensitive" it can be to parents and their children. Well, let's all come together and give those yuppies a big fat bird, because that's reality and what a lot of Simmers want in their game.

Veteran Simmers remember the wide variety o cheat codes to make life easier in the Sims 1 and 2. I prefer the Sims 2 cheat codes, because they have the almighty "Maxmotive" and "Motivedecay on/off". However in the Sims 3, sure "motherlode" works perfectly, but what about "shazaam"? "Shazaam" doesn't work for me and it's in the strategy guide! I would LOVE to have free lifepoints; it would make my sims godly. But it's okay, I'm still surviving with millions of dollars in the bank.

And yes, more jobs. We need a Studio where you can choose to be a Studio Artist or a Movie Star. There should also be a teacher job at school. Maybe construction worker? I really don't care, but I would love to have that variety I had in the Sims 2.

But that one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that there's no hot tubs. Maybe the creators forgot about it or something, but the hot tub is like the apple in the Sims Universe's eye. It's like there's a void, and a bath tub can't fill it. Boo hoo.

Well that's more than one thing that bothers me about Sims 3... there's probably more, but I just can't think of any more right now.

Oh right. I'd like the vampires, werewolves, robots, plant sims, aliens, and witches back. Maybe the genie too. I just love having them around. Silly beings they are.

((Excuse the typos and grammer mistakes. It's 2 in the morning here.))
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pekulikepekulike Posts: 171 Member
    edited September 2009
    Um lets see.
    The no dvd detected issues,game bugs,lag and graphical errors caused throughout the game. these are my least favorites.

• The_CricketThe_Cricket Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm more of a builder than anything... and I hate the fact that there aren't multi-story pillars, and it's so difficult to do what I want with stairs. I'm in the middle of trying to do a grand staircase, and the stairs won't place! ARGH!!!

I really hope that they come out with some of the cool stuff in the expansion packs that I know have to be coming. Like, stages so that I can build multi-level staircases... like spiral staircases, man I miss those... and more clothes. Yeah, that would be nice.
  • lotsalaughlotsalaugh Posts: 65 Member
    edited September 2009
    some of my family's dissapered after a new patch. i can call them up but they have dissapered from the neibourhood others have just been deleeted.
  • svbeckersvbecker Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2009
    dirty dishes and vehicles in my park that I never noticed before the patch so why now???
  • Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My sims need bigger bewbz.

How can the sim world really amount to anything without big bewbz!!?!?
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited September 2009
    Subucni524 wrote:
    My sims need bigger bewbz.

How can the sim world really amount to anything without big bewbz!!?!?

Oh yeah. I was a Second Life addict before Sims 3 ate all my free time, and if what people did with that game's shape creation tools say anything "I want body mesh sliders" translates to "I want GIANT BEWBZ because that'd be HAWT!" :lol:

Okay serious thing that's bugging me? Restored ghosts need to appear on your relationships panel. He has a house. He goes to work every day. He has a spouse and kids. He has a phone. He is my sim's son. Why can't I see him on my contacts list and call him once in awhile? :?
  • StragStrag Posts: 99 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The way that there are loads of restrictions on when you can save. I have to turn off my computer fast sometimes and if I have to wait just for my Sim to blow out her candles and grow up, I run behind. Why can't we just save and quit when theyr'e doing stuff?! D:<
    Then there's the way that when you leave a household, all their wishes disappear. I want to Sims to keep working towards their wishes, not just delete them and forget about them!
    How long it takes for Sims to change outfits. If they go to work, they usually miss the carpool because they don't bother to get dressed and stand there for like an hour before they finally do. It happens whenever they change their clothes and it's just annoying! Why is it so hard to spin around?!
  • manycatsplayermanycatsplayer Posts: 383 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I wish the "needs" did not decay so fast. It seems like my Sims need to "eat" and "sleep" way too frequently. It definitely interferes with building skills, etc., etc.
  • ThulinThulin Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

This is really anoying!!!
  • StragStrag Posts: 99 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The babies need to eat too much. I'm always screaming at them with something along the lines of:
    "YOU DO NOTHING BUT EAT! THAT'S YOUR LIFE: EAT, CRAP, SCREAM FOR ATTENTION. THEN EAT SOME MORE! ARRRGGGHHHHH, WHERE'S THE "KILL BABY" OPTION?!"
  • Kennybenny19Kennybenny19 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Too Similar to TS2
  • svbeckersvbecker Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Strag wrote:
    The babies need to eat too much. I'm always screaming at them with something along the lines of:
    "YOU DO NOTHING BUT EAT! THAT'S YOUR LIFE: EAT, CRAP, SCREAM FOR ATTENTION. THEN EAT SOME MORE! ARRRGGGHHHHH, WHERE'S THE "KILL BABY" OPTION?!"

Ha :P Kinda the same as real life, except I never thought that or yelled any of that at my children as babies, but truly it is almost the same but in real life it's far more worth it! (most of the time!) :wink:
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Too Similar to TS2

Not exactly. There are some things that are much better about the sims2 compared to the sims3 but the sims3 is still a good game. :D
    edited September 2009
    Thulin wrote:
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

This is really anoying!!!

I know. I especially hate the finger flicking in order to get the car out of the driveway.
    edited September 2009
    I wish the "needs" did not decay so fast. It seems like my Sims need to "eat" and "sleep" way too frequently. It definitely interferes with building skills, etc., etc.

I noticed this with the sims1 and the sims2 as well. So that is nothing new to me.
  • ilovegodilovegod Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2009
    there no weather i like season : :? :)
  • xxmagicboxersxxxxmagicboxersxx Posts: 311 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I really hate that there are no memories. If I could have ONE thing back from TS2, it would be memories. I'm pretty happy with everything else, and this is just the base game, so good things are to come. But grrrr! I want MEMORIES!
  • Mollyrn96Mollyrn96 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The Babies and toddlers seem so much more limited. I really miss being able to bathe and diaper the little ones and some of the cute little animations they had.
  • RattySimRattySim Posts: 6 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My biggest complaint is the you can't customize fencing. What's up with that???? They made just about everything else customizable. I want some white fencing for porch rails, but no!!
  • uscfanaticuscfanatic Posts: 54 New Member
    edited September 2009
    The sims 3 constantly giving me error reports and not progressing at all in the installing process.. (even if I hit ignore or retry which is supposed to continue the installation?)

However what I don't like about the ACTUAL game is the fact that you can't see inside restaurants that your sim goes to if you make them go to the city.
  • Nicci86Nicci86 Posts: 436 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I can't think of one thing I don't like about Sims 3 now that I went back and tried Sims 2. I can really appreciate the improvements and can't wait to get some expansion packs.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited September 2009
    The game's forums. :(

But not the people. Just the forums themselves.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • GiselleyGiselley Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I am real frustrated that I can't play all of my family members once they grow up into adults. I can't continue a family when we are limited to 8 sims on a lot. I wish they could make an upgrade that allows you to at least play 2-3 households so that my children can grow up and have families and I can continue to play them all.