Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruKelly- What Happen About Getting Fountains Fixed?? Updated to Add List on First Post

Comments

• Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Hi Tiki,

It's the Infinite Flow Hot Tub from the Japanese Inspired Living Set.

Edit: To help, the list of the hot tubs that do not have working animations are from the following sets:

- Japanese Inspired Living
    - Futureshock Living
    - Viva Las Vegas Bedroom
    - Le Cirque Celebration

The only hot tubs that do work are the ones that came with the Worlds/Venues and the Celtic Lands Set I believe.

Thank you for this info, I will go in game and take pictures of these to add to the information.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
    edited July 2013
    AznSensei, are these the fountains you are talking about?

Le Cirque Celebration, is this suppose to have flowing water? I can't tell.

Screenshot-8.jpg

Future Shock one has animation for me

Screenshot-6-1.jpg

Viva Las Vegas one has no animation

Screenshot-6.jpg

The Infinite Flow from the Japanese Inspired Living set has water flowing out at the bottom.

Screenshot-7.jpg

NewBanner.jpg
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think there's hot tubs all the way back from LN that don't work, too. :x
    edited July 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I think there's hot tubs all the way back from LN that don't work, too. :x

Hi Murfeel,

There was two that came with LN, The Maelstrom, and The Serenity. The Maelstrom dose not have anywhere for flowing water, and the Serenity seems to be ok.

Screenshot2.jpg

Outdoor Living SP came with 5 hot tubs, but they all tested fine in game. As did the ones that came with Showtime EP, Season's EP, and Island Paradise EP. So far I could find only one (Las Vegas Store Set) that did not work properly. So, I am a little confused as to which hot tubs are said to have no animation.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm just adding my voice to all of the others, PLEASE fix the hot tubs and fountains! :(
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Tiki,

Besides the Futureshock One (which I guess is the only that does work :shock: ), all of the three hot tubs have one thing in common:

- They flow water the same way like the Japanese one, and by that you can barely see it in the Cirque one and the Las Vegas one if you look closely.

They should have flowing water out of the bamboo, the slot in the middle, and the face, but they do not.

They have flowing water, but the animations are not proper, hope that makes sense.
  • SimGuruKellySimGuruKelly Posts: 173
    edited July 2013
    You guys are keeping me honest, aren't you :-).

I apologize for not following up sooner and I'll give this some more attention this week. At this point, I don't have any new information, but I understand how important this is to our loyal customers, so I'll do my best.

I'll try and update this thread by the end of the week. Thanks again for your patience.
    edited July 2013

I apologize for not following up sooner and I'll give this some more attention this week. At this point, I don't have any new information, but I understand how important this is to our loyal customers, so I'll do my best.

I'll try and update this thread by the end of the week. Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you SimGuruKelly! Yup, wanna make sure that halo of your's dosen't tarnish! :wink::lol:

Just a word of warning, when I set my sights on something, I can be very persistent. So, I hope to hear something by end of week or I will start nudging again! :mrgreen:

It's just such a shame to have such beautiful fountains with no animations, especially the two fountains from IP.
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited July 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    Hi Tiki,

Besides the Futureshock One (which I guess is the only that does work :shock: ), all of the three hot tubs have one thing in common:

- They flow water the same way like the Japanese one, and by that you can barely see it in the Cirque one and the Las Vegas one if you look closely.

They should have flowing water out of the bamboo, the slot in the middle, and the face, but they do not.

They have flowing water, but the animations are not proper, hope that makes sense.

Thank you AznSensei, I have updated the information on the first page to add these three hot tubs.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited July 2013
    Is a Fog Emmiter used for the water animations? I believe the problem is the missing or bad positioning of a fog emitter for the water flow. As Azn mentions, there are a few hot tubs where there is a small portion or shadow of the water showing.

What if EA made a new Silver Ball for fountains like the Fog Emmiter? It could be in Debug with the room markers and the fog emmiter for use of those who wish to. I know descriptions might be difficult, but that is why they have a creative team. It would also let us all create our own from things not normally fountains such as sculptures and into tubs.

If this has been discussed and I missed it, forgive me. :wink:
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    tinkknitz wrote:
    Is a Fog Emmiter used for the water animations? I believe the problem is the missing or bad positioning of a fog emitter for the water flow. As Azn mentions, there are a few hot tubs where there is a small portion or shadow of the water showing.

What if EA made a new Silver Ball for fountains like the Fog Emmiter? It could be in Debug with the room markers and the fog emmiter for use of those who wish to. I know descriptions might be difficult, but that is why they have a creative team. It would also let us all create our own from things not normally fountains such as sculptures and into tubs.

If this has been discussed and I missed it, forgive me. :wink:

A bunch of those are already in the fog emitter, you just have to type in the appropriate code.

It's been a temporary fix for me, but having an item work without those emitters is the better option.
  • darrqqrraddarrqqrrad Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello :o)
    I for one would rather have the items FIXED ... Not a work-a-round.

Almost the end of the week .. I hope SGKelly updates soon.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just checking for results ;P
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited July 2013

Thanks for commenting SimGurukelly! I appreciate you acknowledging this thread and the problem. i don't want to seem impatient or ungrateful for all the new work the store team has done lately for us. But i still very much would like a fix for this because as i've stated the fountains as they are now are just kinda sad. And they are not what i paid for.

Looking forward to more feedback on this. Thank you very much.
  • GNRxSas7837GNRxSas7837 Posts: 812 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thank you, cant wait for feedback on this matter.
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully we will hear something from SimGuruKelly tomorrow.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2013
    So excited to see this isn't a dead issue! I'll be tuning in for this! Thanks, SG Kelly!
  • treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I too am waiting for the fountains and the hottubs to be fixed.

So... back to page one with this thread :roll:

edit:spelling
    edited July 2013
    SImGuruKeely is suppose to give us a update today, so a bump to the frontpage. Come on SimGuruKelly, don't let me down. :mrgreen:
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Update in next post.
    edited July 2013
    Alright, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that this is back on the radar and I have someone looking into it right now. The bad news is that I don't have an official announcement on if/when the fixes will happen. I can promise that I will give you another update next week when I have more information.

As always, thanks for your patience and stay tuned for another update!
    edited July 2013
    Alright, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that this is back on the radar and I have someone looking into it right now. The bad news is that I don't have an official announcement on if/when the fixes will happen. I can promise that I will give you another update next week when I have more information.

Thank you so much for the update SimGuruKelly! It makes me feel better knowing someone is looking into it and hopefully they can be fixed. I look foward to next week's update.
    NewBanner.jpg
  • darrqqrraddarrqqrrad Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hello :o)

Another week :o(

I see some of the other threads about broken store stuff have re-surfaced.

It is time for the store team to either fix what is broken or tell us why they won't.

So sad that this is even a issue :o(
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2013

I'm glad it's being looked into. I'm weary of building my own fountains because so many others don't work properly. I hope that it will be fixed. :D There are so many nice fountains that I want to use.
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for hearing us, SGKelly!