Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSmitty Dropping Hints!

2...Next

Comments

• murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    Gothic world!?

That's just way too much to hope for--TWO fantasy worlds in a row, AND a fantasy EP AND a fantasy SP, all in one go? With all the annoying fantasy-gameplay haters out there ready to kill the high, as if we don't already have enough stuff and worlds for realistic gameplay, for eff's sake? :x

Gothic world!?

:shock: Is 2013 Fantasy Tribute Year!?! :shock:

YES, EA. Halloween is right around the corner, and we got utterly shafted last year. Gothic World? BRING IT. :twisted: I ASKED it of Julius Caesar. I DEMAND it of you! :twisted: :lol:
    I hope that the "goth" reference does not apply to the new world. I believe that we have enough supernatural, medieval, and Tudor themed things for TS3...
    Creepy won't do it for me. SN has enough creepy things, already and Twinbrooks is already the flavor of that area.

tumblr_m7qhyu2xsK1rbxjygo7_250.gif

Pay no attention to that, EA, please, I BEG YOU! :XD: We need more creepy spooky derelict decrepit less-than-pristine things in this game!
    murfeel wrote:
    Creepy as in a voodoo/wiccan addition to More Magic, with ouija boards and ancestor urns and rune stones and tarot cards and the Rod and Sword and Chalice and Pentacle, and gris-gris and ju-ju like Hands of Glory and shrunken heads or heads/hands/eyes in jars, and snake oil displays and ornate goblets/glasses of "plasma" and bottles of rum for spitting through your teeth at the creepy altar statuettes? Creepy as in piles of black chicken feathers and chicken feet creepy enough to have Charles the Evil Chicken gobble-gobbling in fear? Creepy as in Day of the Dead/Cinco de Mayo decor? Creepy as in items to set the mood for les mysteres, like dripping wax candles and grinning skull decor and festooning cobwebs we could dangle everywhere and boarded busted windows and tattered sheer curtains and motheaten heavy brocade and upholstery and sheets over all the furniture and heavy gothic carvings and more gargoyles on the columns and bedposts and banisters and doorjambs? Creepy as in more dead plants/trees in build/buy mode? Creepy as in finally having lots that can have a Creepy Vista buff instead of a Beautiful one? Creepy as in a playable Haunted House of Horrors venue (sans lame rabbitholes)? Creepy as in a return of the old favorites from Nightlife and Apartment Life, like the NL grand vamp clothes and the good/evil witch items & props in AL? Creepy as in a vampire coffin PC bed that could even have a 50% chance of making your sim a vamp if you have LN/SN installed? ;) :twisted: Creepy!?!

SN and Twinbrook are frikkin TAME, if all that's NOT what you mean by creepy. :XD:

Bring it on, EA. Creepy haunted voodoo New Orleans. :thumbup: Anne-Rice-Has-Dracula-Over-For-Dinner style FTW. BRING IT. :twisted:

Considering we got NOTHING for Halloween last year I'm THIRSTING for some creepy stuff. :twisted:

And YES I'm editting this post a lot! Lmao.

I'm just so daggone jaded at this point--I hope she's not just referencing the spooky part of the Movie SP. :roll: :lol:
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't necessarily need a "goth" world....it would be nice....but I don't want another beach or island world. Between the store content sales, IP and Sunlit Tides I'm about beached out.

No happy little suburbs, no vacation like destinations. If we do get a city world I'd like something a bit more used and gritty looking.

....and just where is all this dark stuff people are talking about? We have Moonlight Falls for SN....I don't see anything dark and sinister about it....we have SN itself and a bit of store content.

We have an over abundance of items and towns filled with mansions, hot tubs, and luxury items.

murfeel I'm with you
    We need more creepy spooky derelict decrepit less-than-pristine things in this game!

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    We have an over abundance of items and towns filled with mansions, hot tubs, and luxury items.

Preach. :thumbup:

At least antiquate everything. :(

Castles, manors, plantations, estates, townhouses ... instead of the 3 M's: More Modern Mansions

Baths and fountains that can change the color of the water, the way we can with hot tubs--I'm dying for a Countess Bathory reference. :twisted:

Luxury Items for days on end--we need something more grunge; I was looking forward that Homeless Stuff Pack. :lol:
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited July 2013
    I really dislike the kiddie "goth" in the new movie stuff pack. It looks more like childrens halloween decorations. And the furniture a mix of child plus alice in wonderland.

So, i would rather not have more of sim teams version of Gothic, unless they let us vote on the content first :P

So, i would rather not have more of sim teams version of Gothic, unless they let us vote on the content first :P

Let's face it....a lot of the content is a bit...shall I say...young? We have zombies that do nothing but tear up your garden, werewolves that roll over to get their belly scratched and vampires that have to ask permission to bite you.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited July 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I think they are hinting that because of the coming stuff pack and how it show you can used the accessories of the backlot to do up what looks like a better movie lot unless they are making a Hollywood world and finally adding in the filming and the high fashion modeling with camera guys and what not. Don't for get the store worlds are separate from the ep worlds and the store has not done a Hollywood type thing. Maybe she is playing superstar to see how those studio grounds are set up and how the acting went and the modeling as it has been since Sims 1 that we have had that. Like it or not a lot of simmers have asked for acting that they can see and the cat walks that really work and rehersals and making the recording disks and making commercials. All that is in Superstar. The store worlds are for people who don't have eps as much as it is for everyone and it would be their chance to be able to have stars also. I loved superstar - so I would not have any problems with it - then add to the fact we are getting a costume stuff pack - which I love already also and I own all eps, sps and the store. But think about it what would make Smitty go back and play Sims 1 Superstar but the fact they need to see how it went and to decide on what pc they can use and how hard it would be to be done Sims 3 style?

Granted I am just putting all the scatters of info together but yeah I can very much see that direction - especially since her posts about playing in Superstar and add to that seeing the backlot stuff being turned into a stage that looks like it could be the superstar type acting stages.

Writin-Reg I hope this comes to pass.

When Showtime was released I was looking forward to Superstar type content in the game, actors who act and recording artists who make albums, and was sorely disappointed when it was not. I believe it was a missed opportunity. Sure, we did get the singers and the acrobats and the magicians, which are fun in their own right but something was lacking in that regard. I was also very disappointed with the actor career which consisted of the rabbit hole and going to 'research' roles. I think the actor I played might have gone on one 'audition.' Might have been bugged or something.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited July 2013
    Just my opinion, but I live, breathe, hunt and write about all things spooky every single day of my life. I have hunt more ghosts, UFOs, and Bigfoots, than Madonna has had boy toys.

Supernatural buy/build mode -- *NOT* spooky. I am concerned that Movie theme stuff won't be either.

Sn = I am not into furniture made from someone's corset. I have been in more real haunted houses in my lifetime than you can shake a skeleton at. I have yet to see a chair made from lingerie. =/

Movie Stuff pack = a coffee table with a spiderweb etched in the glass? A fireplace with glowing eyes? Hello? NOT spooky.

I am also not into 'Modern Goth' theme they had going in the store. NOT spooky.

Where are the:

Gravestones

Actual spiderweb decor = could work like wall art or hang in door/arch corners.

Furniture covered with dust cloths

Dilapidated furniture

Broken/cracked windows/window panes/doors

coffin

Roof pieces like we had in Mansion and Garden SP (For more of a spooky Victorian roof)

Ouija Board (yes that's right I said Ouija board)

Dead trees/foliage.

A really spooky looking mausoleum rabbithole for graveyards.

A big part of making a house look spooky is the fence, a broken fence! :mrgreen:

An old, dusty organ could be PC.

Yeah and those pictures that change at night that came with SN? Meh. Still doesn't outdo the pictures that came Makin' Magic that actually jumped out of the frame at your sim and scared the crap outta them!

I would LOVE a French Quarters / N'awlins or an Old Town world no doubt! <3<3

And for crying out loud! The rabbitholes with SN -- NOT spooky!!
    Store team I feel that your rabbitholes blow the rabbitholes in game *away*. Please make some spooky rabbitholes? Or better yet show the folks on the game team how to properly make a unique rabbithole!

#EAPleaseGetItRightWhenItComesToAllThingsSpookyCuzTheStuffYouHaveNowAin'tSpookyAtAll! o.O

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited July 2013
    could it be a remake simville
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    Betaceti wrote:
    I hope that the "goth" reference does not apply to the new world.

I believe that we have enough supernatural, medieval, and Tudor themed things for TS3...

I disagree, politely of course! I wish the Into the Future time travel EP was actually an 'Into the Past' time travel EP and that there was more historical (especially medieval stuff) in the game. I'm with those who really wish they would bring over (if at all possible) some of the buy and build and CAS items from The Sims Medieval, into the Sims Store. They could have all my monies if they would!*L*

Yup, I'm with Serendipity on this one. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think it would be amazing to have on-stage acting. DV with a theater in the round. Victorian/Regency "opera." Oh, yes, I would love that.

I don't play goth or creepy. But if an Old Town type world came with a live on-stage theater, I'd probably get it just for that, and then un-creep the world, recolor salvageable goth stuff, move in rabbit holes from other worlds, etc.

All of which would be a lot of work, so I would prefer the Superstar stuff with a non-goth world. And the goth stuff with a world that had gothy PC, which I could just leave on the shelf altogether, since it is not my area of interest.

But I wouldn't begrudge y'all something you've been wanting. My simpoints would just be waiting for other kinds of PC and different new worlds. :)
  • r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited July 2013
    She works on the same studio that is developing ITF, so maybe it has to do with Bella Goth's fate. Aliens might have taken her to Arcadia Landing.

I don't think it's a Store world hint, since Bella is already in Lunar Lakes.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited July 2013
    I went CRAZY when I saw that tweet! I looked up the Goth family on the Wiki and it say's they're connected to Old Town!!!

If we get an Old Town/French Quarter I will literally Squee for about a WEEK!!!

WANT!

WANT!

WANT!

And why do people always associate Gothic with Supernatural? It's an actual architectural movement and it's beautiful! My absolute favourite architectural style! Plus if it's like the Sims 1 Old Town it will be associated with New Orleans French Quarter which has stunning art nouveau architecture! All in all I expect it to be a beautiful and gorgeous world!

Hello Cinderellimouse :)
    A NOLA world would be super neat, but first I would love a modern City world :) EA this is not a huge ask, it would be the first ever City world to come to the store :wink:
    Note. I confess I am becoming anxious about EA releasing a modern City world as I fear that with TS3 coming to end we may never get one :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    @tlc10175

I agree with you. So far I've found nothing spooky or scary about TS3.....then again I've never been frightened by a horror movie.

You do have to understand that some people here get freaked out over just spooky music in the game so I don't think there ever will be truly spooky content.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    It is my understanding that the ep worlds are built in Redwood, CA and the store stuff is made in the Salt Lake City studio. At least that is the way it was previously. That is why they have to "send" the info on needed PC for the store stuff to Redwood Studios and wait to see if it is possible or not to do something the store wants to do. Even Lisa once said most of the time they are not even aware of what EA is working on for eps and sps when they are working on store worlds and store sets and why they sometimes get the same ideas and why it looks like some store sets go with a new ep when it was never intentional. The store team gets a lot of their ideas from the polls and from all our posts where the ep teams pretty much have ep pre-planned for the most part. So unless things have changed in the last year - the ep stuff is not being done where the store stuff is.

It is possible they might have moved some of it out - maybe the sps stuff to turn the Redwood studio over to Sims 4 production - but if they did it is a new idea. Because the store studio is fairly independent was why they indicated they could keep making sims 3 stuff as long as we keep buying it and why it will not interfere with Sims 4 stuff for a while anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited July 2013
    NOLA would thrill my socks off, but I hope there's no more members of the Goth family coming with it...how about some Tricou's for that French Quarter feel? I was so disappointed to find them missing from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cemetery! (except for one of course!)

As for the creepiness of the store's Goth items, I'm sure those of us who want hardcore frights will continue to have to hunt down cc - especially for the run-down, broken items. I know they walk a fine line in keeping with the Sims all-age-friendly ideal and satisfying the edgier crowd.

If they gave us a great version of Old Town with the voodoo shops and other stores mentioned in the Wiki, we could all do some amazing things with it.

At least give us a great spooky graveyard and if you stick some Tricou's in there, all the better!